PDA

View Full Version : mr petrie !!!(Merged Petrie must go threads)

mmmmhibby
25-07-2011, 12:19 PM
how much longer rod? how much longer?

Its now at a point were many if not the majority of hibbys are now resigned to losing most games. (SAD)

sick of the taunts from my jambo supporting friends as they are miles in front of us in all departments.

take your 10% Mr Tache and GTF!!

:devil:

Twa Cairpets
25-07-2011, 12:22 PM

Its now at a point were many if not the majority of hibbys are now resigned to losing most games. (SAD)

sick of the taunts from my jambo supporting friends as they are miles in front of us in all departments.

Certainly in terms of criminality, employment of paedophiles, late payments to suppliers and employees.

Never accept that Hearts are superior in any field that would be worthwhile. Ever.

Liberal Hibby
25-07-2011, 12:24 PM

mmmm...

mmmmhibby
25-07-2011, 12:26 PM
Certainly in terms of criminality, employment of paedophiles, late payments to suppliers and employees.

Never accept that Hearts are superior in any field that would be worthwhile. Ever.

true, but in terms of football, results and team performances on the park the cretons are way ahead of us.

sad, but true.

Liberal Hibby
25-07-2011, 12:27 PM
true, but in terms of football, results and team performances on the park the cretons are way ahead of us.

sad, but true.

I wouldn't call one point and one goal scored way ahead - but each to their own I suppose.

R'Albin
25-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Sniff sniff...

Hibernian Verse
25-07-2011, 12:30 PM
This kind of thread is just getting tedious.

mmmmhibby
25-07-2011, 12:36 PM
[QUOTE=Liberal Hibby;2868860]I wouldn't call one point and one goal scored way ahead - but each to their own I suppose.[/QUOTE

in all honesty do you think we will finish within 12-15 points of the cretons based on the depth of both squads over a season?

RP and the rest of the board are treating the fans like S*&%, hence the massive gaps in the stands yesterdays.

ROD, THE GAMES UP!!!!

The supposed "We are a Family Club" slogan is now firmly out the window, RP and the board owe it to the fans to tell
them exactly what is goin on at My beloved Hibernian FC as we have been kept in the dark for far too long.

mmmmhibby
25-07-2011, 12:38 PM

good

Liberal Hibby
25-07-2011, 12:42 PM
in all honesty do you think we will finish within 12-15 points of the cretons based on the depth of both squads over a season?

RP and the rest of the board are treating the fans like S*&%, hence the massive gaps in the stands yesterdays.

ROD, THE GAMES UP!!!!

The supposed "We are a Family Club" slogan is now firmly out the window, RP and the board owe it to the fans to tell
them exactly what is goin on at My beloved Hibernian FC as we have been kept in the dark for far too long.

I have no idea how this season will pan out. We haven't finished buying yet - there's at least one forward to come. And it is far too early in the season to say - other than the OF will occupy the top two spots - how the rest will pan out.

We'll have a better idea after the first round of fixtures. And it's cretin - btw.

mmmmhibby
25-07-2011, 12:50 PM
I have no idea how this season will pan out. We haven't finished buying yet - there's at least one forward to come. And it is far too early in the season to say - other than the OF will occupy the top two spots - how the rest will pan out.

We'll have a better idea after the first round of fixtures. And it's cretin - btw.

suppose it just worries me because in all honesty the CRETIN BRIGADE are miles in front of us just now. And we need new blood badly, heres hoping.

Hibernian Verse
25-07-2011, 12:50 PM
good

Your insight into my post was, as ever, mind-blowing.

RIP
25-07-2011, 12:51 PM

Grow a pair wee man.

My 2 best mates are Hearts season ticket holders but wouldnae risk our friendship by trying to rip the pash. They've bought success and have a massive debt to show for it. We can't afford to so we are sticking to developing youth rather than buying our way out

Unless you've won the lottery my guess is you don't have a magic wand for us either :bye:

machibby
25-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Grow a pair wee man.

My 2 best mates are Hearts season ticket holders but wouldnae risk our friendship by trying to rip the pash. They've bought success and have a massive debt to show for it. We can't afford to so we are sticking to developing youth rather than buying our way out

Unless you've won the lottery my guess is you don't have a magic wand for us either :bye:

Agreed, at some point their living on debt is going to come crashing around them and it will happen and we can stand back and laugh at their sad disgrace of a club. As far as Petrie goes, he does have to start to be accountable for what's on the pitch as he's been in the job a while and take a decent chunk of cash. There's still a few weeks of transfer window so I'll for now give him the benefit of the doubt.

greenlex
25-07-2011, 02:28 PM
**** hearts. Mon the Petrie. :flag:

Captain Trips
25-07-2011, 05:48 PM
Enough is enough, Europe once in last 5 years and 4 managers, crowds low and I lay the blame for all this with you. There will be arguments but on reflection after all that has been said I am happy with my train of thought that you and your fellow directors are not capable of running the football club to a consistant success on the park.

The stadium and training absolutley great job and that will not be forgotten and the debt road you have taken us down to reduce it. I believe time for change with a focus on the football that just seems to be one error after another over last few years. Let us enjoy our football again and hopefully we can find a new leader whom along with business acumen has some football acumen too.

Surely you have to conceed that 4th once in 5yrs and a 10th are totally unacceptable with all you have helped instigate.

BoltonHibee
25-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Agree

Rod piss off!

SunshineOnLeith
25-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Open letters always work :aok:

Albion Hibs
25-07-2011, 06:10 PM

Agreed, after last weeks first wage fiasco of the season and there shop apparently closing down it is remarkable that so many seem to admire their position! Fact of the matter is if we had what they had this board would be full of followers shouting for a chairman to reduce the debt and make sure the wages get paid on time.

Agreed. Another one was just started a minute ago which almost seems like Hibs Net fame seeking, the creation of a thread on a subject which appears one way or another on every other thread.

IMO Rod you have put hibs on a footing that no other club in this country has. We have the best of facilities, stadium and we, unlike almost every other club in the league dont have to worry about having the balifs turn up at the front door. A section of our support have clearly been given too much over recent years and not enough as a child, it has sent the "spolied child syndrome" through the roof! Or just following the signing strategy / mentality so many of them want per the below!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbsVnNWpsLQ
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbsVnNWpsLQ)

Removed
25-07-2011, 06:15 PM
Agreed. Another one was just started a minute ago which almost seems like Hibs Net fame seeking, the creation of a thread on a subject which appears one way or another on every other thread. IMO Rod you have put hibs on a footing that no other club in this country has. We have the best of facilities, stadium and we, unlike almost every other club in the league dont have to worry about having the balifs turn up at the front door. A section of our support have clearly been given too much over recent years and not enough as a child, it has sent the "spolied child syndrome" through the roof! Or just following the signing strategy / mentality so many of them want per the below!! You are taking tedious posts to new levels :yawn:

HibbyAndy
25-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Agreed, after last weeks first wage fiasco of the season and there shop apparently closing down it is remarkable that so many seem to admire their position! Fact of the matter is if we had what they had this board would be full of followers shouting for a chairman to reduce the debt and make sure the wages get paid on time.

Agreed. Another one was just started a minute ago which almost seems like Hibs Net fame seeking, the creation of a thread on a subject which appears one way or another on every other thread.

IMO Rod you have put hibs on a footing that no other club in this country has. We have the best of facilities, stadium and we, unlike almost every other club in the league dont have to worry about having the balifs turn up at the front door. A section of our support have clearly been given too much over recent years and not enough as a child, it has sent the "spolied child syndrome" through the roof! Or just following the signing strategy / mentality so many of them want per the below!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbsVnNWpsLQ
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbsVnNWpsLQ)

But we dont have a team on the park, Thats we the fan are interested in.

I couldnt care less about East mains and the wonderful facilities that rival most clubs in the spl..Im interested in the team on the park,And going by the low crowd yesterday that what the fans also want to see.

Rod gets far to much praise on here for how well he has done managing debt levels and academys etc..He is rightly getting critiscm for the utter dross that is a so called starting 11.

Albion Hibs
25-07-2011, 06:28 PM

I couldnt care less about East mains and the wonderful facilities that rival most clubs in the spl..Im interested in the team on the park,And going by the low crowd yesterday that what the fans also want to see.

Rod gets far to much praise on here for how well he has done managing debt levels and academys etc..He is rightly getting critiscm for the utter dross that is a so called starting 11.

You missed my point, the point I was making is that we have invested millions and millions where other teams - almost all of the league have invested nothing. We have something that we will have forever, or thereabouts. The issue is we are going from east mains a couple of years ago, to the east stand last year to a new team this year, which for the avoidance of doubt we do pretty much have - however these millions dont grow on trees - not even rod has a money tree in his back garden he can go out and shake. We have to be realistic, we cant just have a conveyor belt of dreams come true - we all seem so positive that if we signed a few players we would get a huge increase in ST, I dont believe that to be true.

I believe each of us will have boasted about the new stand, slagged off the pink palace rented training ground etc, but we cant have everything all at once it is just not realistic. I would also doubt that investment in football by any bank is unlikely regardless of season ticket sales, I think rangers who are a miles bigger club than us proved that last year.

The reality is, as someone point out on another thread (and I agree with), we have a hardcore of fans, maybe represented in the 7000 season ticket sales, thereafter we have a lot of fans who can take it or leave it, perhaps ones that are more football in general fans so feel it is better value to get sky etc and watch several games a weekend rather than one at easter road.

Captain Trips
25-07-2011, 06:44 PM
You missed my point, the point I was making is that we have invested millions and millions where other teams - almost all of the league have invested nothing. We have something that we will have forever, or thereabouts. The issue is we are going from east mains a couple of years ago, to the east stand last year to a new team this year, which for the avoidance of doubt we do pretty much have - however these millions dont grow on trees - not even rod has a money tree in his back garden he can go out and shake. We have to be realistic, we cant just have a conveyor belt of dreams come true - we all seem so positive that if we signed a few players we would get a huge increase in ST, I dont believe that to be true.

I believe each of us will have boasted about the new stand, slagged off the pink palace rented training ground etc, but we cant have everything all at once it is just not realistic. I would also doubt that investment in football by any bank is unlikely regardless of season ticket sales, I think rangers who are a miles bigger club than us proved that last year.

The reality is, as someone point out on another thread (and I agree with), we have a hardcore of fans, maybe represented in the 7000 season ticket sales, thereafter we have a lot of fans who can take it or leave it, perhaps ones that are more football in general fans so feel it is better value to get sky etc and watch several games a weekend rather than one at easter road.

I for one am not interested in debate AH, I am 100% comfortable in blaming Petrie and thinking he isnt doing good enough any more, you disagree.

Ray_
25-07-2011, 06:45 PM

I have had SKY for more than two decades, I still went to see Hibs though. The reality is that a lot of fans want to watch Hibs but have had enough of the dross that's been evident in most of our displays over the last few years.

snooky
25-07-2011, 06:47 PM

I remember standing in the pi$$ing rain with a mate & and umbrella in the early 70's on the old east terracing watching us play Morton. We were the only two out in the open. The rest of the support was huddled under the cowshed and in the old stand ... and it was great. No East Mains, no spanking new stands, no prima-donnas, you could park on Lochend Road and your windows would still be intact at the end of the game, you could read about it in the Pink, etc etc.
Where did it all go wrong? :confused:

new malkyhib
25-07-2011, 06:48 PM

And your remedy then is to errm, just stay as we are and let the Board carry on unchallenged while the team get progressively worse? And do you honestly think had we not built East Mains, then the £3/4m it cost would've spent on the team? Not a cat's chance in hell it would have.

Phil D. Rolls
25-07-2011, 06:48 PM

Mr Petrie. I see what you did there. :hmmm:

ancient hibee
25-07-2011, 06:51 PM
I remember standing in the pi$$ing rain with a mate & and umbrella in the early 70's on the old east terracing watching us play Morton. We were the only two out in the open. The rest of the support was huddled under the cowshed and in the old stand ... and it was great. No East Mains, no spanking new stands, no prima-donnas, you could park on Lochend Road and your windows would still be intact at the end of the game, you could read about it in the Pink, etc etc.
Where did it all go wrong? :confused:

Morton beat us that day.

snooky
25-07-2011, 06:54 PM
Morton beat us that day.

It was against the run of play though :wink: THAT'S the difference :greengrin

EasterRoad4Ever
25-07-2011, 06:59 PM
I wouldn't call one point and one goal scored way ahead - but each to their own I suppose.

That sounds like Petrie Stats to me aka pick a period that proves a point and ignore reality :greengrin

EasterRoad4Ever
25-07-2011, 07:12 PM

Do you mean we always appear to come back to the same conclusion? : Petrie is at the heart of the downward spiral the club has been on for the last 2-3 years ? Revolution and change is rarely brought about by those in power, or those who stick their heads in the sand and hope for the best.

This is not an overnight knee-jerk reaction to a few poor defeats. This has been going since 2007, with NO signs whatsoever that things are improving or about to improve. Far from it, we actually have a WORSE squad than we had last season. Bot don't my word for that, just watch the crowds at ER dissipate, revenues collapse and the quality worsen still. Maybe then Petrie will accept the inevitable.

givescotlandfreedom
25-07-2011, 07:43 PM
Hearts deserve no respect. They've spend a ridiculous amount and achieved NOTHING in five years. Actually, with the kind of money they waste it's totally pathetic.

MyJo
25-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Hearts are better than us on the pitch yes, but i would expect them to be after spending £60m. I would actually expect them to be winning the league after spending that much but they aren't and IMO are under-achieving massively based on thier business model much like ourselves.

aob4green
25-07-2011, 08:16 PM
Arguing wether we are any better or worse on field or off field than Hearts is missing the point entirely.

What is of massive concern and is completely unacceptable is the lack of any competive player investment by the board. I know we will never break the bank for a player in the near future but why are we outbid for a player, who the manager publicly states that he wants, by St Johnstone?

Fans voted with their feet yesterday and I'm sorry to say that the boards current policy is embarassing our great club and stifling any chance of on field progress. Last minute deals in January worked well but in the weeks leading up to these signings we played 4 of our biggest games of the season, 2 cup and 2 league and had we had the signings in place sooner the season may have panned out differently (nobody will convince me that CC never had the signings identified before the window opened, and I know that Paalson was identified well before the window opened).

The board must sit up and take notice after yesterdays terrible attendance. We were taken apart yesterday, and the lack of depth in the vastly inexperienced squad is worrying.

If CC doesn't want to be here, move him on, find a replacement, get this farcical situation with no assistant manager at the club sorted out, provide the funds to at the very least be competitive in the transfer market with our Perth rivals (!), and lets get this decline stopped in it's tracks. This isn't a knee-jerk reaction to a poor pre season and a bad result yesterday, just complete frustration with the way in which this board continually treat the fans of our club.

sesoim
25-07-2011, 08:24 PM
I think Petrie's time is up. He's cut the debt and so on, BUT our turnover has plummetted due to his decisions. The club is going downhill. His managerial appointments have been poor. Trying to keep hold of CC, who was the wrong appointment in the first place for several reasons, shows how little he knows about football or psychology.

I would say though, don't compare us to Hearts. If they want to slowly kill themselves, let them. We can't compete if they keep overspending. It's the fact that we look like the worst team in the league thanks to our sleepwalking manager that needs to be addressed NOW.

JCHibby
25-07-2011, 08:44 PM
I think Petrie's time is up. He's cut the debt and so on, BUT our turnover has plummetted due to his decisions. The club is going downhill. His managerial appointments have been poor. Trying to keep hold of CC, who was the wrong appointment in the first place for several reasons, shows how little he knows about football or psychology.

I would say though, don't compare us to Hearts. If they want to slowly kill themselves, let them. We can't compete if they keep overspending. It's the fact that we look like the worst team in the league thanks to our sleepwalking manager that needs to be addressed NOW.

Who says that he is wanting to keep CC and not working on a resolution to this whole fiasco and finding a replacement? Could be a case that no further players will be brought in until we work to get a replacement on CC and CC is just biding his time with bot BCFC and Hibs knowing this?

FromTheCapital
25-07-2011, 08:49 PM
Always has to be a negative thread...:rolleyes:

But, I agree with what you are saying, Petrie...:bye:

Kaiser1962
25-07-2011, 08:54 PM

Vlad has lost the best part of £60m on them in order to achieve this superiority.
Has anybody given any thought as to who would replace him and why they would select that person?

IWasThere2016
25-07-2011, 08:58 PM

Well said, and take away the fortune of selling the car park and the Golden Generation and we'd be the same as the Muthas, Killie, Arabs, Sheep etc etc. Hardly genius! If RP + co. are all that we'll soon turn the corner and have a bustling ER .. As if! Petrie should go.

Pedantic_Hibee
25-07-2011, 09:02 PM
This reminds me of the time I watched the film Deja Vu.........I was halfway through it when I thought "I've seen this before".

Different day, same ol' sheeeite on Hibs.net.

aliman82
25-07-2011, 09:24 PM
I for one am not interested in debate AH, I am 100% comfortable in blaming Petrie and thinking he isnt doing good enough any more, you disagree.

If you're not interested in debate, why start a thread about it on an internet message board? Could you no have just got a t-shirt printed? :greengrin

Kaiser1962
25-07-2011, 09:30 PM
Arguing wether we are any better or worse on field or off field than Hearts is missing the point entirely.

What is of massive concern and is completely unacceptable is the lack of any competive player investment by the board. I know we will never break the bank for a player in the near future but why are we outbid for a player, who the manager publicly states that he wants, by St Johnstone?

Did he not publicly state he walked away from that deal and that it was his choice to do so? Gave interviews to that effect I believe?

marleyhib
25-07-2011, 09:36 PM
We have been a farce since we won the CIS.

The board have either made a string of bad managerial appointments

OR

Any manager that has come in can't work with the management structure in place

It seems a mixture of the two, I think Hibs fans have going from being overly impatient to being completely disillusioned.

I think there has to be a fundamental change, the vast majority of fans have had enough with Petrie, I think he should step aside.

Kaiser1962
25-07-2011, 09:50 PM
We have been a farce since we won the CIS.

The board have either made a string of bad managerial appointments

OR

Any manager that has come in can't work with the management structure in place

It seems a mixture of the two, I think Hibs fans have going from being overly impatient to being completely disillusioned.

I think there has to be a fundamental change, the vast majority of fans have had enough with Petrie, I think he should step aside.

I'm not so sure thats accurate :dunno:

Lucius Apuleius
26-07-2011, 05:48 AM
I'm not so sure thats accurate :dunno:

Ni mois non plus.

:cgwa

PS We need a Petrie smiley similar to CGWA for us "non admin pricks" who believe he is doing the right thing. :agree::wink:

RIP
26-07-2011, 06:10 AM
Am I the only one who wonders why a faceless individual with lots of Hearts supporting friends joins a Hibs messageboard to explain to us why we should all be disillusioned with our leadership?

What possible good does that rhetoric do for our performances on the park

The square root of pluck all

So is there maybe a hidden agenda?

bighairyfaeleith
26-07-2011, 06:29 AM
Yep, this thread stinks of maroon stained pish, and is just being fuelled by the usual petrie haters.

We have played one game this season against a team that has far outspent every other club in Scotland put together in the last few years , the transfer window is still open and to be honest very few transfers have taken place yet across the board due to the English just starting there pre-seasons. Hibs never reveal what they are up to until it is done so it's hardly surprising we haven't heard of any new targets. Did we know about Palsson before he signed?

Also is Scott Lyndsay not the current chief exec or did I dream that?

There is a lot to be done, but the mob mentality aint gonna fix anything!!

Captain Trips
26-07-2011, 08:21 AM
Thats the point mob mentality wont fix things. there should be fa to fix for any posts of this nature. Tweaks here and there. Hibs should have been doing a lot more since CIS not gone backwards. It would appear we are looking far from 4th material and that could mean I believe in 6 seasons we have managed 4th once. I think that is not good enough.

EasterRoad4Ever
26-07-2011, 08:30 AM
Yep, this thread stinks of maroon stained pish, and is just being fuelled by the usual petrie haters.

We have played one game this season against a team that has far outspent every other club in Scotland put together in the last few years , the transfer window is still open and to be honest very few transfers have taken place yet across the board due to the English just starting there pre-seasons. Hibs never reveal what they are up to until it is done so it's hardly surprising we haven't heard of any new targets. Did we know about Palsson before he signed?

Also is Scott Lyndsay not the current chief exec or did I dream that?

There is a lot to be done, but the mob mentality aint gonna fix anything!!

Utter rubbish. I'm of the view that Petrie is not the man to take the club forward and needs to move to one side to allow someone with a better understanding and record in football management to help us take advantage of the good work Petrie has done over the last few years on the financial/structural side of the business. I'm pretty sure few Hibs fans "hate" the man.

Again, what "mob mentality"? It appears that a sizeable number of Hibs fans have drawn the conclusion that Petrie and his policies on the footballing front are not right going forward. This conclusion is based on 4 years of underperfomance and a patently obvious down-ward spiral of the quality of the product on the pitch and apparent lack of direction, ambition and poor communication with the fans.

IMHO Petrie should get full credit for the great work he has done for the club prior to 2008, but since then as CEO and Chairman of the club has massively under performed and this rightly needs to be debated, scrutinised and if so recognised. And Hibs.net is the right platform for that.

RIP
26-07-2011, 08:40 AM
Utter rubbish. I'm of the view that Petrie is not the man to take the club forward and needs to move to one side to allow someone with a better understanding and record in football management to help us take advantage of the good work Petrie has done over the last few years on the financial/structural side of the business. I'm pretty sure few Hibs fans "hate" the man.

Again, what "mob mentality"? It appears that a sizeable number of Hibs fans have drawn the conclusion that Petrie and his policies on the footballing front are not right going forward. This conclusion is based on 4 years of underperfomance and a patently obvious down-ward spiral of the quality of the product on the pitch and apparent lack of direction, ambition and poor communication with the fans.

IMHO Petrie should get full credit for the great work he has done for the club prior to 2008, but since then as CEO and Chairman of the club has massively under performed and this rightly needs to be debated, scrutinised and if so recognised. And Hibs.net is the right platform for that.

Reasoned argument completely spoiled by the failure to understand the diminishing role of Rod Petrie at Hibs. Surely you have read the announcements and can see the transitional handover of reponsibilities from Rod to two other directors?

From this season Fife Hyland is Chief Executive with Scott Lindsay in charge of the football department. Are you saying you want Lindsay out already before he has the chance to make his mark? As far as I can see he has got off to a good start with the appointment of Alastair Stevenson to first team coach, a clear shift back towwards youth development (Taggart, Crawford, Horner, Antell) and bringing back/playing players with fire in their bellies/green blood in their veins (Sproule, O'Connor, Stevenson, Murray)

Credit where credits due

Jack
26-07-2011, 08:43 AM
Is everyone that’s slating Rod sure its Rod that’s to blame?

Could it be the case he’s been given the bullets and told to fire the gun by his boss?

Is Uncle Rod taking the flack for, and deflecting ‘blame’ from STF? Maybe even taking the odd bullet aimed at the boss?

The ever loyal servant? :dunno:

marinello59
26-07-2011, 08:46 AM
Is everyone that’s slating Rod sure its Rod that’s to blame?

Could it be the case he’s been given the bullets and told to fire the gun by his boss?

Is Uncle Rod taking the flack for, and deflecting ‘blame’ from STF? Maybe even taking the odd bullet aimed at the boss?

The ever loyal servant? :dunno:

I don't know if that is anywhere close to the truth or not. It does make me wonder what people hope to achieve by getting rid of Rod Petrie though given that any replacement would surely still have to work within the constraints of the same long term strategy as envisioned by our owner.

blackpoolhibs
26-07-2011, 09:03 AM
I don't know if that is anywhere close to the truth or not. It does make me wonder what people hope to achieve by getting rid of Rod Petrie though given that any replacement would surely still have to work within the constraints of the same long term strategy as envisioned by our owner.

Then the strategy has to change, something needs to change as the constant underachievemt is driving fans away in their droves. Christ i know it must be hard for our board, 4th place even had its critics.

I dont have the answers, other than getting the right manager in, and let him manage. The buck does stop at the top, and those in charge have done a great job off the pitch, but we the fans dont come to watch us train, we come to see a good footballing side play decent football, hopefully winning more than they lose as someone once said. :wink:

The strategy we have at the moment IS NOT WORKING, in fact its hindering us. We may have this new shiny training centre, but i'd imagine it needs paying for with upkeep and the likes. It will hopefully pay its way with enough players coming through that are sold on, but as far as i can see at the moment, we have it to pay for and that has to come from somewhere, and it looks like its out our budget for players. Correct me if i'm wrong, but i cant see where else it can come from?

RIP
26-07-2011, 09:14 AM
Then the strategy has to change, something needs to change as the constant underachievemt is driving fans away in their droves. Christ i know it must be hard for our board, 4th place even had its critics.

I dont have the answers, other than getting the right manager in, and let him manage. The buck does stop at the top, and those in charge have done a great job off the pitch, but we the fans dont come to watch us train, we come to see a good footballing side play decent football, hopefully winning more than they lose as someone once said. :wink:

The strategy we have at the moment IS NOT WORKING, in fact its hindering us. We may have this new shiny training centre, but i'd imagine it needs paying for with upkeep and the likes. It will hopefully pay its way with enough players coming through that are sold on, but as far as i can see at the moment, we have it to pay for and that has to come from somewhere, and it looks like its out our budget for players. Correct me if i'm wrong, but i cant see where else it can come from?

What strategy Gary?

I thought we had abandoned the previous strategy and were now working on an entirelely different strategy?

Can you be more specific?

blackpoolhibs
26-07-2011, 09:21 AM

What strategy Gary?

I thought we had abandoned the previous strategy and were now working on an entirelely different strategy?

Can you be more specific?

I was replying to the post above.

I have no idea what strategy we have, apart from trying to put the best team possible on the park. Apart from trying to get as much income in through investment sponsorship and through the turnstyles, there's not much more i can think of.

Its how that income is spent, and who they let spend it that worrys me.

marinello59
26-07-2011, 09:26 AM

I have no idea what strategy we have, apart from trying to put the best team possible on the park. Apart from trying to get as much income in through investment sponsorship and through the turnstyles, there's not much more i can think of.

That's really what it boils down to for me. We have spent money, it just wasn't always spent wisely.
(I may be accused of understatement by some. :greengrin)

RIP
26-07-2011, 10:32 AM

OK

Rather than add to this thread I'll start a different thread. I've detected a fundamental shift in football strategy this year - don't know if anyone else has noticed it

Sprouleflyer
26-07-2011, 11:26 AM
Looking at all the calls for Petrie to go and it's time for someone else to take charge, I take it this someone else is waiting in the wings to step in and invest heavily into Hibs?

If yes, who is this person? If no, what are we achieving?

blackpoolhibs
26-07-2011, 12:21 PM
OK

Rather than add to this thread I'll start a different thread. I've detected a fundamental shift in football strategy this year - don't know if anyone else has noticed it

What have you noticed??

bighairyfaeleith
26-07-2011, 12:29 PM

So eh, what is Rods role at the club then?

blackpoolhibs
26-07-2011, 12:41 PM
OK

What have you noticed??

bighairyfaeleith
26-07-2011, 01:04 PM
What have you noticed??

I've noticed CT has been sending you pics again :devil:

Captain Trips
26-07-2011, 05:42 PM
Looking at all the calls for Petrie to go and it's time for someone else to take charge, I take it this someone else is waiting in the wings to step in and invest heavily into Hibs?

If yes, who is this person? If no, what are we achieving?

The person doesnt need any money they manage the money we bring in. Again just because we don't have a name for a replacement doesn't mean all is ok or cant say. I am sure we all have complained about stuff in life and not always had a solution.

Arch Stanton
26-07-2011, 05:57 PM
The person doesnt need any money they manage the money we bring in. Again just because we don't have a name for a replacement doesn't mean all is ok or cant say. I am sure we all have complained about stuff in life and not always had a solution.

The Glazers certainly showed how this is done - raise a mortgage to buy the club and use the club's i8ncome to9 pay off the mortgage.

Oh yes, and only plough enough back into the club to keep it ticking over.

The Falcon
26-07-2011, 06:07 PM

How many folk can you name who do (have done) this successfuly in Scottish football? Then compare this list to the number who have failed (are failing) to manage their income and you get some idea of the type of person we are looking for and the chances of finding them.

Petrie is here as long as he wants to be, or as long as he can take the abuse, whichever comes first.

Captain Trips
26-07-2011, 07:00 PM
How many folk can you name who do (have done) this successfuly in Scottish football? Then compare this list to the number who have failed (are failing) to manage their income and you get some idea of the type of person we are looking for and the chances of finding them.

Petrie is here as long as he wants to be, or as long as he can take the abuse, whichever comes first.

I cannot name any so that then mean I cannot say that I think our current board are not doing well enough IMO, can you only comment on things in life only if you have a solution? No I dont think you need to have all the answers to want to fix something you think is wrong. I cannot name a person whom could replace Petrie thats availavle, I cannot name available players either to come into club so I cannot say the team isnt doing well either then?