PDA

View Full Version : Team Ratings...

FromTheCapital
25-07-2011, 10:55 AM
Stack (7), At fault for their 1st but redeemed himself with the pen save...

Palsson (6), Isn't a right back, played out of position but didn't do badly...
O'Hanlon (6), Was having a decent game until subbed with toe injury...
Hanlon (6), Defended well but lost his man sometimes...
Booth (8), MOM, Played brilliantly and had Commons on toast the whole game...

Spoony (5), Crossing was OK but looked slow and didn't look up for it...
Thornhill (6), Did a lot of running but didn't do much in the midfield...
Murray (7), Good, strong, leader and did well yesterday...
Stevenson (5), Lost the ball for 2nd goal and looked gutted when he did it, poor passing...

Sproule (6), Silly foul for pen but running was good, direct and still looks quick...
O'Connor (6), Looked lively when he had the ball but no real support...

Thoughts? :dunno:

jonny
25-07-2011, 11:27 AM
Stack - 6
Good penalty save but after his awful error cant give him any more.

Palsson - 7
Solid performance. Did nothing wrong and got forward to support Sproule when he could
O'Hanlon - 7
Looks a good signing. Like his no nonsense style
Hanlon - 7
Composed for the most part and wasn't given the run around by last seasons 2 best SPL strikers
Booth - 8
My Hibs MOM. Thought he looked good in defence and gave them something to think about when he got forward to support the shocking Spoony.

Sproule - 6
looked promising when he got the ball but didnt seem to have it enough, 1 of the players that couldve really hurt them. Poor challenge to give away the penalty. Why we persisted in playing down the left to Wotherspoon when Ivan was out wide on the right was beyond me
Thornhill - 6
some nice touches but seems to get pushed off the ball a lot.
Murray - 7
Best midfielder IMO. He's lost a bit of pace but his hearts still there. Fought hard for every ball.
Stevenson - 6
Good 1st half, looking for the ball and getting involved. Does play too many sideways passes when he could go forward and went missing a bit in the 2nd half
Wotherspoon - 4
Deary me. Looked like a guy being played totally out of position and was well off the pace. Every time he got the ball he had to cut inside to get it back onto his right - so predictable. Couldn't hardly beat a man and played a lot of misplaced passes. I like him but this was one of the poorest performances Ive seen from him.

O'Connor - 6
Worked hard but delivered no product. His complete miskick from Sproules cut back in the 2nd half was probably our best chance.

Stephens
Not a great deal to do but looked relaxed on the ball. Definately has potential and I wouldnt be overly concerned if he had to fill in for O'Hanlon for a few weeks.
Galbraith
Was an improvement down the left from Spoony - at least he can kick it with his left foot!
Crawford
Never really involved

Overall the stats dont lie and we were outplayed and beaten by a better team (particularly in the 2nd half when the energy ran out)
Thought we defended well though and Im not too disheartened by the performance. We played some nice football in the middle third. Looking forward to next week and dare I say that I'm confident of a win in Inverness

Elephant Stone
25-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Stack- 5

Booth- 8- Going to be a star.
Hanlon- 6
O'Hanlon- 6
Palsson- 5- Out of position but that's no excuse for some really slack passing.

Wotherspoon- 3- Terrible first touch and distribution, really struggled.
Murray- 6
Thornhill- 6
Stevenson- 5- Worked hard and looked focused but didn't do enough, starting to have doubts he'll make it for us.
Sproule- 6

O'Connor- 6- Being a lone striker against Celtic was a lot to ask, worked hard but didn't get anywhere near enough service and support to be effective.

Centre Hawf
25-07-2011, 12:16 PM
Stack - 6 despite the error for the goal he redeemed himself at the penalty. He done nothing wrong apart from the goal.

Palsson - 7 looked really good at right back, had a good game.

O'Hanlon - 7 No nonsense defender and i like that. Hopefully his injury isnt serious cause he looks to be a good signing.

Hanlon - 6 lost his man sometimes but some good tackles in there also cant wait to see this lad develop.

Booth - 8 Do i need to say anything?

Wotherspoon - 5 linked up well with booth up the park, tracked back alot as well however everything he tried didnt work for him.

Stevenson - 6 First half was really good but then he withered away with the passing in the second, good to see him getting a game hopefully it wont be his last.

Murray- 7 passed it but still has the heart to push himself that bit harder. His tackling was needed in the midfield along with Stevenson two midfielders who arent afraid of putting a foot in is what we need and its what we have!.

Thornhill - 6 Nothing really happend for him, he didnt show some of the pre-season flair weve seen but he didnt go hiding either.

Sproule - 6 Never stops running always tracking back and never afraid of a tackle which i love. Sadly his tackling did resort to a penalty which why its only a 6

O'Connor -6 Should have done better with sproules ball, but he did alot of chasing down and marking up top. He was encouraging people to get forward because i think he saw what we all saw "They were there for the taking" sadly we didnt commit men to help him.

all in all i didnt actually think yesterday was a bad performance. Some positives to be taken going into this season. All though it is evident we need to bring some people in as that bench looked poor.

Wotherspiniesta
25-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Stack - 6 Terrible mistake, but brilliantly strong wrist for the pen.

Palsson - 6 Caught out at times. Not brilliant, but did a decent job.
O'Hanlon- 7 Thought he was great the time he was on. Defence looked quite organised.
Hanlon- 6 Good job.
Booth- 8 MOM. Got forward well and kept Commons quiet. Linked up well with DW.

Murray- 5 Ki and Kayal controlled the match. If he is "our best midfielder" I really do worry about this season.
Stevenson- 4 Waste of a jersey.
Thornhill- 6 Was expecting a bit more going forward, but he won a few free kicks and can pick a pass.
Spoony- 5 1 decent cross. Poor otherwise.
Sproule- 6 Still looks a threat with his pace. End product?

G'OC- 6 Isolated. Tried to put himself about. Fresh air shot wasn't great.

Stephens- 4 Defence looked shaky when he came on.
Galbraith- 5 Deserves more playing time.
Crawford- No time.

R'Albin
25-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Stack 7- Poor for the first, but redeemed himself with the pen and commanding as usual.

Palsson 6- Played well considering he was out of position, was playing a bit too central though.
O'Hanlon 7- Was solid before he was taken off, looks like he could be a good acquistion.
Hanlon 7- As has been mentioned his passing wasn't great, but was solid enough.
Booth 8- MOM imo, his distribution was excellent, made a few cracking runs, handled Commons very well, he hardly got a sniff.

Sproule-7 Made a few good runs, 100% effort as always, not sure enough about the pen to blme him.
Thornhill-6 Never really got into it, never really did anything of note.
Murray-6 Solid, put in a few good challenges was solid today, played well.
Stevenson-5 Had a decent first half but was poor second, he was to blame for the second IMO.
Wotherspoon-4 Nothing worked for him today, he was really poor today.

O'Connor-6 Not a lone striker and didn't get much service today apart from one which he completely missed! Tried hard though.

Stephens- Did nothing of note

Crawford- Not enough time

Galbraith- Few decent runs, but see above.

We played far too deep today, and we desperately need another striker, we played well enough today but never looked threatening. We look a lot, lot more solid at the back though, which is really good to see.

Albion Hibs
25-07-2011, 05:46 PM
Posted on another thread, but this is the most appropriate location for my views on yesterday.

Stack - 6 - Cost the first goal, saved a penalty but a bit late for marking up for that, other than that he had little/nothing to do.
Palsson -6- I am not a massive fan but thought he did well in this position, if he is going to be a perminant fixture in this position he needs to work on his delivery.
O'Hanlon - 6- Thought he did okay, my only fear is he is a CH made out of China.
Hanlon - 7 - Thought he did very well, some poor passing, but defended as well as he could have and covered up for some roopy moments from booth
Booth -7- Did not see his stand out man of the match performance, I thought he played well and got forward when he could, passing was debatable though.
Sproule - 6 - Not very involved and his passing was poor, but looked dangerous and showed he still has his pace.
Thornhill - 6 Not very creative, following some of the glowing preseason report I though he may have produced more.
Murray - 7- Thought he was one of the best Hibs players, won everything near him and some decent passing to get things going.
Stevenson - 5- Was on his was to a 9 following his performance for the first 30 mins, but died a bit in the second half. Encouraging none the less.
Wotherspoon - 4- Not a good afternoon for him
O'Connor - should have scored, did not have much to work with all afternoon but never gave up, did well when he dropped to get the ball.

Of the subs I think Galbraith did well, seemed like he wanted to get at the defence and showed a bit of pace, we know he has it, I really hope this season he uses it.

In summary I was encouraged with our competition for good amounts of yesterdays game. Fingers crossed the pre-season friendlies against B'Pool and Sunderland help with getting some of our passing working together as a starting 11 a bit tighter.

sparkiedelpaco7
25-07-2011, 06:08 PM
Stack - 6

Palsson - 6
O'Hanlon - 7
Hanlon - 6
Booth - 6

Sproule - 7
Stevenson - 5
Murray - 6
Thornhill - 7
Wotherspoon - 6

O'Connor - 7

Prawn Sandwich
25-07-2011, 06:26 PM
I would rate the team AND Manager by the number of shots on target plus the number of shots off target plus the number of corners minus the number of gifted goals. So that would be 0+0+0+-2=-2 rating.

RoxburghHibs
25-07-2011, 06:30 PM
Stack - 7 Good game apargt from obvious major error

Palsson - 7 Did well in an unfamiliar position for him

O'Hanlon - 7 Lets hope his injury isn't bad as he looks a decent prospect

Hanlon - 6 Solid and will improve beside O'Hanlon

Booth - 8 He continues to look out biggest talent

Wotherspoon - 5 Lacking confidence and I thought was all over the place. Although he did produce some decent crosses.

Stevenson - 7 First half was one of his best performances in a long time. Second half faded along with everyone else in Green and white.

Murray- 7 Mr Hibernian showed his passion for the club.

Thornhill - 6 I think he will be a key player for us this season.

Sproule - 7 Showed the pace and passion missing from the club in the first half. Fadded in the second half. Still think he is an impact player.

O'Connor -6 Zero service - felt really sorry for him up front on his own.

nickwhibs
25-07-2011, 06:47 PM
I'm bemused at the poor ratings Wotherspoon's getting. I thought he linked up really well with Booth going forward - especially in the first half. Fair enough he cut inside a lot but what do you expect from a right sided player?! He put in a few decent balls by doing that too. He also doubled up well with Booth when defending against Commons and Izaguirre. He definitely wasn't flawless and did missplace one or two passes but I actually thought it worked quite well having him on the left. Booth definitely made hime look better as he was so good, but overall nowhere near as bad as some our making out. All IMO of course :greengrin

fyfey
25-07-2011, 06:54 PM
Stack - 6 - poor for first goal - good pen save - not much else to do

Palsson - 7 - played out of position - did well considering - think he will be a valuable player in midfield this season
O'Hanlon - 7 - good debut - looks like he will put his head where it hurts which we've being needing!
Hanlon - 6 - decent performance - think he still gets bullied too much though!
Booth - 6 - think he will be a quality player for us... too many loose passes yesterday, positioning also questionable at times - never MOM

Sproule - 5 - never got a touch in his time away! no idea how he never managed to get a shot away when put clear through
Stevenson - 5 - loses the ball too much, doesnt bring anything to the team
Murray - 7 - solid performance - got his foot in when needed- passed the ball simple
Thornhill - 7 - only player who looked like he could create an opening for us, always looking for the ball... hope he stays fit
Wotherspoon - 4 - wasted at left midfield - reckon he will have to play right back or spend a little time on the bench!

O'Connor - 6 - tough shift upfront on his own... not very mobile but held the ball in a few times and think if he gets more support will get a few goals for us.

All in all I think we played some nice football at times - just lacked the cutting edge when the final ball was needed. Hopefully that will come with a few more games!

Brads Laing
25-07-2011, 07:50 PM
Stack - 6 - Looked comfortable apart from error, good penalty save
Palsson - 7 - Solid and little went past him even though he was out of position
O'Hanlon - 7 - Looked good before he went off, possible great signing
Hanlon - 6 - Solid enough but his passing was poor
Booth - 8 - Great game and looks to have a bright future
Sproule - 7 - Looked sharp and made a few good runs down the wing
Murray - 6 - Not a great football player but battled hard and coped well
Stevenson - 5 - Not good enough today, slack passing which eventually led to 2nd goal
Thornhill - 7 - Looked good but isn't an off the striker midfielder, passed well
Wotherspoon - 6 - Very poor first half, picked game up in the second and looked dangerous
O'Connor - 7 - Very impressed, needs a strike partner but looked good

KWJ
25-07-2011, 07:52 PM
GK - Stack. 5 - Buggered up. Good pen save.

DR - Pallson - 6 - Glad I called it :) He was okay, better than Hart.
DC- Hanlon -7 - Thought he played well.
DC - O'Hanlon - 6- Did well, worried when he went off.
DL - Booth - 7 - Good, offered the most going forward from the back but his crossing wasn't great.

MR - Sproule - 6 - Okay, set up our best chances and maybe should have done better with his.
CM - Ian Murray - 7 - Did alright against a tough celtic midfield with plenty movement.
CM - Stevenson - 7 - As above, was always available for a pass even if he didn't do all that much with it and on one occasion led to a move that they scored.
CM - Thornhill - 6 - Wasn't the easiest of games for him but didn't give up.
LM - Wotherspoon - 6 - Don't think he did as bad as many are saying. Lost the ball more than most but that was because he saw it the most and was getting into good spaces to receive it. Think I'd have Sproule on left and DW right though.

CF - 6 - Gaz - Should have hit the target with his 1 chance, or even the ball.

hibsbollah
25-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Stack 6

Pallson 6
O.Hanlon 7
Hanlon 8
Booth 7

Thornhill 7
Murray 6
Sproule 7
Stevenson 5
Wotherspoon 4

O'Connor 6

Beefster
25-07-2011, 08:14 PM
Stack - 5

Palsson - 5
O'Hanlon - 6
Hanlon - 5
Booth - 6

Sproule - 6
Stevenson - 4
Murray - 5
Thornhill - 6
Wotherspoon - 3

O'Connor - 5

All the goals (including the 'offside' one) came from the left. Probably because Wotherspoon was all over the shop.

we are hibs
25-07-2011, 08:55 PM
stack- 6 - great save from penalty
pallson- 7- looked good and comfortable on the ball
o'hanlon - 8 - done very good until subbed he was a rock at the back
hanlon- 6 - pretty average
booth - 7 - looked good at times but passing was slack at times
wotherspoon-4 -first touch was shocking but still looked ok going forward
stevenson - 5 - passing was poor and was not comfortable on the ball
murray-6 - done ok but put stack off for the 1st goal
thornhill- 6 - looked good at times going forward but was average
sproule - 7- looked dangerous all game long and could have had a penalty
o'conner- 7- his touch was great and was strong upfront on his own most of the time

never had any one going forward in the middle of the park and i also think murray ran across stack for the first goal and put him off.

The Harp Awakes
25-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Stack - 6 - At fault with 1st goal but good pen save. Otherwise nothing much to do.

Palsson - 6 - Pretty solid if unspectacular.
O'Hanlon - 6 - A couple of lapses otherwise decent no nonsense game.
Hanlon - 6 - Reads the game well. Needs to be more physical but overall decent game.
Booth - 8 - Like Hanlon a star in the making. Hibs MOM by a mile.

Sproule - 6 - Lively and a bit unlucky at times with runs. Up against a class act at left back but still effective.
Stevenson - 5 - A decent 1st half but very poor 2nd. Should have been subbed before his part in Celtic's 2nd.
Murray - 7 - Powerful performance and closed down the opposition repeatedly. Tired a bit towards the end and subbed.
Thornhill - 6 - Decent game but lacks concentration at times. Needs to get more involved.
Wotherspoon - 3 - Very poor from start to finish. Half hearted, hesitant and lightweight. Got the run around repeatedly.

O'Connor - 5 - Looked lively but isolated. Will score goals with more support.

Manager - Played a big part in defeat by not using subs earlier in 2nd half. Wotherspoon and Stevenson should have been off the park before Celtic's 2nd goal.

frazeHFC
25-07-2011, 09:50 PM
Stack - 6

Palsson - 6
O'Hanlon - 7
Hanlon - 6
Booth - 8

Sproule - 7
Thornhill - 6
Murray - 6
Stevenson - 7
Wotherspoon - 3

O'Connor - 6

Wotherspiniesta
25-07-2011, 10:39 PM
Stevenson a 7? 7 out of 100 maybe.

KWJ
25-07-2011, 11:18 PM
Stevenson a 7? 7 out of 100 maybe.

opinions huh.

Can we check on OPTA or whatever to see how many passes he made? I'd have a wee wager he completed the most passes of anybody in our team yesterday.

Beefster
26-07-2011, 06:47 AM
opinions huh.

Can we check on OPTA or whatever to see how many passes he made? I'd have a wee wager he completed the most passes of anybody in our team yesterday.

Ross Chisholm used to run about, point and make 1 yard passes a lot. He was rubbish.

Stevenson plays in the middle of the pitch so it stands to reason that a lot is going to go through him. I'd wager that he's probably the only midfielder that didn't create any chances of note and he's definitely the only midfielder that directly cost us a goal.

KWJ
26-07-2011, 07:09 AM
Ross Chisholm used to run about, point and make 1 yard passes a lot. He was rubbish.

Stevenson plays in the middle of the pitch so it stands to reason that a lot is going to go through him. I'd wager that he's probably the only midfielder that didn't create any chances of note and he's definitely the only midfielder that directly cost us a goal.

He was always available which Murray & more importantly Thornhill weren't. Against a good, pacey Celtic side that was impressive. He kept hibs in possession of the ball more than he lost it. If he hadn't been making himself available we'd have lost the ball anyhow and the defeat would've been bigger IMO.

As for him losing the ball there was still about 15 seconds after and a few passes before Ki scored the goal, who was near him? It wasn't just his fault.

Ross Chisholm did do a lot of running but he was pish! I don't think Stevenson's particularly special but I thought he had a decent game overall and complimented Murray & Thornhill.

I was maybe a bit too kind on Wotherspoon as I hadn't realised that it was him who gave away the petty foul on Commons after poor closing down and it was also him who let Wilson get away for the goal that should have been. Poor.

malcky
26-07-2011, 08:24 AM
He was always available which Murray & more importantly Thornhill weren't. Against a good, pacey Celtic side that was impressive. He kept hibs in possession of the ball more than he lost it. If he hadn't been making himself available we'd have lost the ball anyhow and the defeat would've been bigger IMO.

As for him losing the ball there was still about 15 seconds after and a few passes before Ki scored the goal, who was near him? It wasn't just his fault.

Ross Chisholm did do a lot of running but he was pish! I don't think Stevenson's particularly special but I thought he had a decent game overall and complimented Murray & Thornhill.

I was maybe a bit too kind on Wotherspoon as I hadn't realised that it was him who gave away the petty foul on Commons after poor closing down and it was also him who let Wilson get away for the goal that should have been. Poor.

I think the midfield did their job of stifling the celtic midfield but i dont see any creativity out of the 5 on display,maybe palson in midfield would help as i think can pass the ball and open up the play but without a decent RB calderwood didnt have much of an option.Maybe De Graff might do a job if his confidence returns, if not we need to buy quickly.