PDA

View Full Version : Singing Section

IanM
25-07-2011, 07:12 AM
our new seats are right next to the singing section, this being the first time ive heard them yesterday ive got to say well done to them.. altho not everyone sings at the game if you could get a crowd at the other end of the east stand at some point, certainly made a difference to the atmosphere.

not sure about the Anthony stokes dad songs, just personal preference if you kept the singing to the team/club/away support..

and what was that noise you were making near the end of the game? it was like an odd sounding boo - anyway had us and everyone around us in stitches..

crap game but well done them :aok: i know its not everyone ones cup of tea but if you get the right songs and we start winning more folk will join in

Gatecrasher
25-07-2011, 07:16 AM
our new seats are right next to the singing section, this being the first time ive heard them yesterday ive got to say well done to them.. altho not everyone sings at the game if you could get a crowd at the other end of the east stand at some point, certainly made a difference to the atmosphere.

not sure about the Anthony stokes dad songs, just personal preference if you kept the singing to the team/club/away support..

and what was that noise you were making near the end of the game? it was like an odd sounding boo - anyway had us and everyone around us in stitches..

crap game but well done them :aok: i know its not everyone ones cup of tea but if you get the right songs and we start winning more folk will join in

i thought that was class, they were taking the piss out of the celtic fans who went ooh when a long range effort was made. They had me laughing a few times yesterday :agree:

R'Albin
25-07-2011, 07:17 AM
our new seats are right next to the singing section, this being the first time ive heard them yesterday ive got to say well done to them.. altho not everyone sings at the game if you could get a crowd at the other end of the east stand at some point, certainly made a difference to the atmosphere.not sure about the Anthony stokes dad songs, just personal preference if you kept the singing to the team/club/away support..and what was that noise you were making near the end of the game? it was like an odd sounding boo - anyway had us and everyone around us in stitches..crap game but well done them :aok: i know its not everyone ones cup of tea but if you get the right songs and we start winning more folk will join in Think it was because one their players had a shot that went miles wide and all their fans went oooooo! It was getting on my tits tbh.

007 Mickey Weir
25-07-2011, 07:54 AM
our new seats are right next to the singing section, this being the first time ive heard them yesterday ive got to say well done to them.. altho not everyone sings at the game if you could get a crowd at the other end of the east stand at some point, certainly made a difference to the atmosphere.not sure about the Anthony stokes dad songs, just personal preference if you kept the singing to the team/club/away support..and what was that noise you were making near the end of the game? it was like an odd sounding boo - anyway had us and everyone around us in stitches..Ocrap game but well done them :aok: i know its not everyone ones cup of tea but if you get the right songs and we start winning more folk will join in
Totally agree. 12th man did everything to get an atmosphere going. The stupid Oooo's did make me laugh. Just silly fun.

marinello59
25-07-2011, 08:05 AM
The flags looked great from the West. Well done to all who put in the effort to get them made and distributed. :thumbsup:

Hibs12thMan
25-07-2011, 10:25 AM
Thanks for your comments guys. Those of us who occupy the Singing Section want to give a massive up to Mickki40 for buying 100 flags, sticking them on canes and organising them in such a spirited fashion :thumbsup:

Take a boo Mucka :greengrin

Nicest touch was a lovely and rather elderly couple who stopped us in the car park to say "Well done lads. We sit in the West Stand and you people really make a difference"

Matchday for us is about the fitba (of course) - but also the atmosphere and having a guid crack wi your mates. It's about throwing your anxieties to one side for 90 minutes and giving it all you've got in support of Our Boys In Green.
:cgwa

blairwallace
25-07-2011, 11:52 AM
anyone got pictures of the flags? :thumbsup:

R'Albin
25-07-2011, 12:11 PM
Thanks for your comments guys. Those of us who occupy the Singing Section want to give a massive up to Mickki40 for buying 100 flags, sticking them on canes and organising them in such a spirited fashion :thumbsup:Take a boo Mucka :greengrinNicest touch was a lovely and rather elderly couple who stopped us in the car park to say "Well done lads. We sit in the West Stand and you people really make a difference"Matchday for us is about the fitba (of course) - but also the atmosphere and having a guid crack wi your mates. It's about throwing your anxieties to one side for 90 minutes and giving it all you've got in support of Our Boys In Green. :cgwa Well done Mickki! The flags were fantastic :flag:

lucky
25-07-2011, 12:28 PM
I sit in the east on the halfway line and have to say I thought the singing section was quiet. The flags looked ok but not small. I'm sure if performances improve on the pitch they off it. Good effort

Hakim Sar
25-07-2011, 12:39 PM
Singing 'we are the people' was a bit embarrassing. Good effort though considering the circumstances and being outnumbered 10 to 1.Thought the flags looked good.

M11BMO
25-07-2011, 12:49 PM
Singing 'we are the people' was a bit embarrassing. Good effort though considering the circumstances and being outnumbered 10 to 1.Thought the flags looked good.

A little embarrassing to say the least...:tsk tsk:

smurf
25-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Absolutely superb but why "We are the people"?

Fair enough when playing the huns as its good fun....

duffers
25-07-2011, 03:55 PM
Thought the singing was average yesterday, but I think atmospheres are generally poorer when the games are on Sunday lunch times. What annoyed me yesterday though was the chant of 'we'll support you ever more'. First game of the season with about 20 minutes to go, is it just me or is this ridiculous? We should be singing songs which get the players lifted and could potentially ( although unlikey) get us some sort of result out of the game.

wearethehibs
25-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Thought the singing was average yesterday, but I think atmospheres are generally poorer when the games are on Sunday lunch times. What annoyed me yesterday though was the chant of 'we'll support you ever more'. First game of the season with about 20 minutes to go, is it just me or is this ridiculous? We should be singing songs which get the players lifted and could potentially ( although unlikey) get us some sort of result out of the game. Just you

Gatecrasher
25-07-2011, 05:59 PM
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff217/livi_hibee/280803_232646280099191_100000614636458_802820_1300 828_o.jpg
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff217/livi_hibee/278310_232652670098552_100000614636458_802831_3711 623_o.jpg
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff217/livi_hibee/271366_232652890098530_100000614636458_802832_2258 482_o.jpg

a few pics i took at the game

Jonnyboy
25-07-2011, 08:15 PM
i thought that was class, they were taking the piss out of the celtic fans who went ooh when a long range effort was made. They had me laughing a few times yesterday :agree:

Me too :agree: The parody of the chorus of You'll Never Walk Alone certainly made me laugh

"Sign on, sign on, with hope in your heart, but you'll never get a job, you'll never get a job"

OK not a Hibs song but funny nonetheless :agree:

woody47
25-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Thought singing section tried their best, but difficult when most of the rest of the ground sit in silence. Whilst we know that the team are not playing well, it doesn't help if we are not behind them.
I do however find it amusing how many people get "embarassed" at games. Do their faces turn a bright red? Do they pull their top over their heads? Do they actually start any songs themselves?
The 'we arra people' was to wind the celtic fans up. No big deal.
As for "we'll support you ever more"....what is the problem with that song. Can we only sing it at the end of the season? Please let us know when it is appropriate?
Lets hope the team start playing better then we can get more of an atmosphere around the WHOLE ground.

Jonnyboy
25-07-2011, 08:37 PM
Thought singing section tried their best, but difficult when most of the rest of the ground sit in silence. Whilst we know that the team are not playing well, it doesn't help if we are not behind them.
I do however find it amusing how many people get "embarassed" at games. Do their faces turn a bright red? Do they pull there top over their heads? Do they actually start any songs themselves?
The 'we arra people' was to wind the celtic fans up. No big deal.
As for "we'll support you ever more"....what is the problem with that song. Can we only sing it at the end of the season? Please let us know when it is appropriate?
Lets hope the team start playing better then we can get more of an atmosphere around the WHOLE ground.

Exactly. In fact it might be argued that there is never a better time to sing it than when we are behind in a game. The fans effectively confirming the support will still be there despite a setback :agree:

RIP
25-07-2011, 09:56 PM
As someone who has always sung (really badly) at games I've never thought it important that my fellow supporters liked all the songs we sing.

It is our ambition to add more songs to our songbook this season - once we get the flag storage installed during August