PDA

View Full Version : How was the pitch?

greenlex
24-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Wasnt there today so how was it?

hibsbollah
24-07-2011, 10:24 PM
Surprisingly good compared to last week. A bit patchy on the east sideline but overall the much maligned ground maintenance company probably deserve a bit of credit.

Removed
24-07-2011, 10:26 PM
Looked fine to me. Must be a few worms as there was a pigeon not bothered about play raging right beside it. Brave or stupid.

greenlex
24-07-2011, 10:27 PM
Surprisingly good compared to last week. A bit patchy on the east sideline but overall the much maligned ground maintenance company probably deserve a bit of credit. Thank you sir.

Baldy Foghorn
24-07-2011, 10:34 PM
some barish areas near where we sit Lex, like the seed has not taken, not major just now, but will be a problem when wet and it gets churned up

Removed
24-07-2011, 10:36 PM
Just seen it on the tv. Looks fairly bare in some bits.

hibsbollah
24-07-2011, 10:37 PM
Looked fine to me. Must be a few worms as there was a pigeon not bothered about play raging right beside it. Brave or stupid.I saw that. He was quite happy sitting in the right back position when Palsson got dragged inside. Joe Ledley swung a foot at the pigeon, which was a bit oot of order I thought.

Baldy Foghorn
24-07-2011, 10:50 PM
I saw that. He was quite happy sitting in the right back position when Palsson got dragged inside. Joe Ledley swung a foot at the pigeon, which was a bit oot of order I thought.

Sproule nearly stood on pigeon as well....It would have been better sitting on Celtic goalline, no danger of it being hit there.....

Removed
24-07-2011, 10:52 PM
Sproule nearly stood on pigeon as well....It would have been bettere sitting on Celtic goalline, no danger of it being hit there.....If that wasn't true it would be funny

TornadoHibby
25-07-2011, 06:58 AM
Sproule nearly stood on pigeon as well....It would have been better sitting on Celtic goalline, no danger of it being hit there.....

Or the Hibs goal-line, same argument applies! :wink:

Beefster
25-07-2011, 07:47 AM
If it was October or November and 12 games into the season, it was magic. If it was July and no games had been played on it, it was poor.

big-mo
25-07-2011, 07:57 AM
For a pitch that was only laid last season and has not been played on since May, it was a disgrace. The areas at the touchline in front of the east had been chewed up by the grass-cutters, also an area at the corner flag north/east was easily ripped up and left a divot about 18x18ins.

It very much looks like it was done on the cheap and will cost them dear in the long run. Also no sign of the interlace undersoil matting which should protect the grass.
I would give it until November before it starts looking like a midden (depending on the weather, it could be earlier).

Sudds_1
25-07-2011, 08:07 AM
Looked fine to me. Must be a few worms as there was a pigeon not bothered about play raging right beside it. Brave or stupid.

That pigeon was one of the few bright spots on an otherwise bleak day.............it was either blind or just plain stupid. When it eventually flew off in the direction of the tic end I actually started looking around to see what I could watch next. :greengrin

marinello59
25-07-2011, 08:10 AM
That pigeon was one of the few bright spots on an otherwise bleak day.............it was either blind or just plain stupid. When it eventually flew off in the direction of the tic end I actually started looking around to see what I could watch next. :greengrin

I was expecting that lot to catch it and eat it. :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-07-2011, 08:22 AM
Pitch looked a bit bare along the front of the east. Suprised that they watered it so much at half time. We should have kept the sprinklers on, knowing the hydrophobia of the weej from the west.

Elephant Stone
25-07-2011, 08:26 AM
The side in front of the West nearest the away fans was very bare.

Jack
25-07-2011, 12:32 PM
For a pitch that was only laid last season and has not been played on since May, it was a disgrace. The areas at the touchline in front of the east had been chewed up by the grass-cutters, also an area at the corner flag north/east was easily ripped up and left a divot about 18x18ins.

It very much looks like it was done on the cheap and will cost them dear in the long run. Also no sign of the interlace undersoil matting which should protect the grass.
I would give it until November before it starts looking like a midden (depending on the weather, it could be earlier).

The pitch, for whatever reason, was relayed at the end of last season. Out there on Sunday was a new vigin pitch! However it might not have been the first new pitch since May, or even last Sunday!!!

silverhibee
25-07-2011, 12:42 PM
I saw that. He was quite happy sitting in the right back position when Palsson got dragged inside. Joe Ledley swung a foot at the pigeon, which was a bit oot of order I thought.

Have to say there was a good support of seagulls at ER yesterday.

Gatecrasher
25-07-2011, 12:49 PM
It was better than some of the posts were making it out to be, but it could have improved over the week leading up to the game. Also we dont have another game until Sunderland so theres a couple of weeks to get it sorted :agree:

DAVE1875
25-07-2011, 01:05 PM
They was saying on Sportssound about a few areas on the pitch where the seed hadn't worked but were confident that our groundsman would have it all sorted out soon, even labeling him as "one of the best groundsman in Britain".

Sadly that was the only positives we got on Sportssound, from then on they were up Celtic's a**e & Craig Brown was ripping into Stack for his mistakes.

hibsbollah
25-07-2011, 01:46 PM
It was better than some of the posts were making it out to be, but it could have improved over the week leading up to the game. Also we dont have another game until Sunderland so theres a couple of weeks to get it sorted :agree: Trust me, it was a LOT worse at the barnsley cancellation. Someones been hard at work over the last 7 days.

hibsbollah
25-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Have to say there was a good support of seagulls at ER yesterday. Yep. Got through a lot of unseen work. Nice to see a bit of height in the team.

Gatecrasher
25-07-2011, 01:50 PM
Trust me, it was a LOT worse at the barnsley cancellation. Someones been hard at work over the last 7 days. I believe you, I was merely making the point that improvement must have been made in the week leading up to the game.

At The Edge
25-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Have to say there was a good support of seagulls at ER yesterday.

also not very scared of human beings (not sure if that term applies to the occupiers of the south stand yesterday) as i'm up in the clouds in the east and they were flying over my head, watched one land perfectly on the electronic ad board in front of the east during the game.

quite nice of the gulls to let us invade their home one day a week, wonder if Petrie charges them rent:wink:

hibsbollah
26-07-2011, 08:39 PM
The east side of the pitch and the penalty areas are covered with tarpaulin at the moment to give the grass some heat. Its also been reseeded AGAIN.

Hopefully sort out the problems before next home game.