PDA

View Full Version : Stats from Today - Worst Ever ?!?

The Voice Of Reason
24-07-2011, 05:24 PM
From the BBC Website, our stats from today :-

Attempts on target - 0
Attempts off target - 0
Corners - 0

That must be a record for us (even by Calderwoods dreadful standard so far) - surely ?!? :grr: :fuming:

Sammy7nil
24-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Lots fans still see the positives from today :confused:

Baldy Foghorn
24-07-2011, 05:48 PM

Attempts on target - 0
Attempts off target - 0
Corners - 0

That must be a record for us (even by Calderwoods dreadful standard so far) - surely ?!? :grr: :fuming:

Totally woeful........Still its OK, we were told by CC not to expect too much anyway:devil:

Captain Trips
24-07-2011, 05:49 PM

Attempts on target - 0
Attempts off target - 0
Corners - 0

Sadly not surprised at that. Never expected to beat Celtic unfortunatley the list of teams I dont expect us to beat is growing.

Franck Stanton
24-07-2011, 05:51 PM
Stats are wrong, we did have a corner [big deal] crap display, Celtic didn't even need to get into second gear to win comfortably, my 8yr old grandaughter could've played in goal for them and the score would still have been the same. Going to be a L O N G season.

jonty
24-07-2011, 05:53 PM

Attempts on target - 0
Attempts off target - 0
Corners - 0

taken in context
Celtic:
Attempts on target - 4
Attempts on target - 2
Corners - 6

Makes it sound like we stifled a Celtic side.

The most important stat of all is the scoreline.

Not good enough. Has GOC lost his bottle? No-one in the midfield or attack thought to pull the trigger? Were they trying to walk it into the goal?
Or did celtic snuff us out at every opportunity?

We got into the final 3rd. Just no final product. Not good enough.

Sammy7nil
24-07-2011, 06:00 PM
taken in context
Celtic:
Attempts on target - 4
Attempts on target - 2
Corners - 6

Makes it sound like we stifled a Celtic side.

The most important stat of all is the scoreline.

Not good enough. Has GOC lost his bottle? No-one in the midfield or attack thought to pull the trigger? Were they trying to walk it into the goal?
Or did celtic snuff us out at every opportunity?

We got into the final 3rd. Just no final product. Not good enough.

you missed 2 goals, missed penalty and "goal" wrongly ruled out for offside I think they are more important stats

ozzie
24-07-2011, 06:05 PM
and yet i have actually seen us play worse so what do stats really tell us?

BroxburnHibee
24-07-2011, 06:06 PM
Stats can normally be twisted to fit the argument

Not today - disgusting

Hibs Class
24-07-2011, 06:32 PM
Stats can normally be twisted to fit the argument

Not today - disgusting

Disgusting? I'd suggest you're easily disgusted. What did you expect today? I look at today and compare it to the last day of last season and I see improvement, I see some grounds for optimism, I see a foundation. If I wanted to follow a sport based on stats then I'd go for American football.

jonty
24-07-2011, 06:38 PM
you missed 2 goals, missed penalty and "goal" wrongly ruled out for offside I think they are more important stats Saved penalty would have counted as a shot on goal, no?The offside I doubt would have counted in the stats but it didn't appears in the scoreline as the game was stopped.I don't see how they are more important? Even if they were included its still pretty bad stats for an OF team.Stas can be twisted around which was my original point.Signs of improvement on the park, but not good enough. (as I said earlier)

matty_f
24-07-2011, 06:40 PM
Saved penalty would have counted as a shot on goal, no?The offside I doubt would have counted in the stats but it didn't appears in the scoreline as the game was stopped.I don't see how they are more important? Even if they were included its still pretty bad stats for an OF team.Stas can be twisted around which was my original point.Signs of improvement on the park, but not good enough. (as I said earlier)

I agree with that. There were some encouraging signs but ultimately to fail to register a shot at goal over 90 minutes at home is nowhere near good enough.

Future17
25-07-2011, 01:34 PM
Those stats are a bit unfair on Hibs.

We put some good crosses into the box - Thornhill was close to getting his head on one in the first half.

Ivan went through almost one-on-one with the keeper after a good pass - just couldn't get his feet sorted which resulted in the defender getting back and a half-hearted penalty claim.

GoC probably should have done better with a chance from a low cross from Ivan - defender did well.

All in all we played better than I expected. Yes, it is going to be a tough season and yes, we need to make at least 2 new signings (RB and pacy striker), but we've got some real talent in the team and I'm a lot more positive for the season now than when the whistle blew at 12.30pm yesterday.

BroxburnHibee
26-07-2011, 12:03 AM
Pish!

If it had been the yams we'd have been ripping into them and quite rightly so.

Not anywhere good enough and if the hibs support is willing to accept that then I fear for us.

The Voice Of Reason
26-07-2011, 07:51 AM
Pish!

Not anywhere good enough and if the hibs support is willing to accept that then I fear for us.

Totally agree - sums it up perfectly. :agree:

If I could get my "10 out of 10 smiley" to work it would be placed right here !

Baldy Foghorn
26-07-2011, 07:59 AM
Pish!

Spot on, we may have passed the ball around well, but totally toothless up front....Can't be pleased with no direct shots at goal or no corners.....Poor IMO

khib70
26-07-2011, 08:04 AM
Disgusting? I'd suggest you're easily disgusted. What did you expect today? I look at today and compare it to the last day of last season and I see improvement, I see some grounds for optimism, I see a foundation. If I wanted to follow a sport based on stats then I'd go for American football.

Those stats are a bit unfair on Hibs.

We put some good crosses into the box - Thornhill was close to getting his head on one in the first half.

Ivan went through almost one-on-one with the keeper after a good pass - just couldn't get his feet sorted which resulted in the defender getting back and a half-hearted penalty claim.

GoC probably should have done better with a chance from a low cross from Ivan - defender did well.

All in all we played better than I expected. Yes, it is going to be a tough season and yes, we need to make at least 2 new signings (RB and pacy striker), but we've got some real talent in the team and I'm a lot more positive for the season now than when the whistle blew at 12.30pm yesterday.
Thank you! There are a few voices of reason (not including "The Voice of Reason") spread out amongst these interminable , boring , wrist-slashing threads, then.

This board needs hosing down with Prozac.

And how many of the bipolar Stattos on this and numerous other threads were among those who couldn't be ersed to show up on SUnday?

bingo70
26-07-2011, 08:05 AM
Spot on, we may have passed the ball around well, but totally toothless up front....Can't be pleased with no direct shots at goal or no corners.....Poor IMO

Don't think anyone would be pleased with no shots on goal

I do think the stats don't tell the whole story how we played though, Sproule should have had 2 shots on goal but chose to cut it back for one of them and the other he couldn't get control of the ball, ultimately he never though so we never scored and the outcome is the same, however i think we weren't far away from creating chances and once we get other strikers in i saw enough encouraging signs from sunday that we could be a threat to worse teams than celtic once we get some more options up front.