PDA

View Full Version : CC Hibernian TV interview.

Liam89
24-07-2011, 05:14 PM
Seems to be very disappointed and also mentions O'hanlon's broken his toe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd3oiM-5uYM

Hibbyradge
24-07-2011, 05:18 PM
I like him.

Liam89
24-07-2011, 05:21 PM
I like him.

So do I tbh.

Wheat Hound
24-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Why is CC surprised we didn't score or even get one shot on target today? You have one 'fit' striker. GTF CC.

BEEJ
24-07-2011, 05:38 PM
Seems to be very disappointed and also mentions O'hanlon's broken his toe.
That's all we need. :rolleyes:

Welsh, Sodje and now O'Hanlon. Smallest squad in years and they're dropping like flies.

marinello59
24-07-2011, 06:13 PM
His analysis on Sportsound after the game was spot on. Honest and realistic. For a guy who doesn't seem comfortable with that side of things it was impressive.

Apologies for being positive, it is wrong but I can't help it.

blackpoolhibs
24-07-2011, 06:23 PM
I like the way he's committed to the club for the minute, i'm so pleased he's said that. We are so lucky to have him. :rolleyes:

marinello59
24-07-2011, 06:28 PM
I like the way he's committed to the club for the minute, i'm so pleased he's said that. We are so lucky to have him. :rolleyes:

Quick......a thread just might have turned positive.
Dun, dun dun.

Time for................... Misery Man.

Gettin' Auld
24-07-2011, 06:32 PM
I half expected one of those Seagulls to drop a Barry White onto that jumper of his!!

matty_f
24-07-2011, 06:38 PM
I like him.

So do I tbh.

His analysis on Sportsound after the game was spot on. Honest and realistic. For a guy who doesn't seem comfortable with that side of things it was impressive.

Apologies for being positive, it is wrong but I can't help it.

Agree with you guys. :agree:

blackpoolhibs
24-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Dun, dun dun.

Aye because there's plenty of positives to take when our manager still wont commit himself to the job even though the season has bloody started???:rolleyes:

marinello59
24-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Aye because there's plenty of positives to take when our manager still wont commit himself to the job even though the season has bloody started???:rolleyes:#

There are some. Do you see them at all?

Arch Stanton
24-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Why is CC surprised we didn't score or even get one shot on target today? You have one 'fit' striker. GTF CC.

Totally agree!!

If we had wanted to play 4-3-3 against Celtic just how would we have managed?

I mean to say, a team who can only manage 6 shots on target against us - hardly top-6 material there!!

Nuitdelune
24-07-2011, 06:53 PM
He is obviously a shy man, not entirely comfortable with the media--having been a second in command mostly, and unlike many, has no media coach, and I won't mind at all if he stays but there is always that doubt that he would rather be somewhere else, which because of the former, he is not good at hiding and that is not good. Still I hope he stays this season to see if it can work a bit

blackpoolhibs
24-07-2011, 06:54 PM
#

There are some. Do you see them at all?

Of course i do, O'Hanlon looked good, Booth too going forward. Hanlon was decent as was Sproule, but once again this is all undermined by our manager failing to commit to his job, in fact he once again fuelled the fire. Why does he keep doing this?:confused:

Hibbyradge
24-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Of course i do, O'Hanlon looked good, Booth too going forward. Hanlon was decent as was Sproule, but once again this is all undermined by our manager failing to commit to his job, in fact he once again fuelled the fire. Why does he keep doing this?:confused:

I don't know what you want him to say, G.

He has said that he's happy to be Hibs manager. If someone offers him more money or a better opportunity, things may change.

Fair enough, no?

matty_f
24-07-2011, 07:00 PM

He has said that he's happy to be Hibs manager. If someone offers him more money or a better opportunity, things may change.

Fair enough, no?

For some reason, I think BH wants CC to put it in as simple terms as possible. I don't know why he can't take what CC is saying at face value and accept that he has said he wants to be Hibs manager and is happy here.

Gatecrasher
24-07-2011, 07:03 PM
Dun, dun dun.

:hilarious

Jonnyboy
24-07-2011, 07:43 PM
For some reason, I think BH wants CC to put it in as simple terms as possible. I don't know why he can't take what CC is saying at face value and accept that he has said he wants to be Hibs manager and is happy here.

Fair enough, no?

Personally I don't think CC helps himself when he starts answering the question with "At the minute" If he'd simply said I'm here and am happy to be here then much of the uncertainty would go IMO

Devine
24-07-2011, 07:58 PM

Right, CC will never publically state he does not want to be manager of Hibs until the day he leaves the club or the day he believes it is that untenable for him to carry on. For him to do so under contract and not long in the job would be professional suicide and would rightly cast a cloud over his future commitment to any job. The reality of the situation is he has declared interest in moving closer to his family and open to looking at offers from other clubs.

Not difficult to decipher that means he is wanting out. He could EASILY come out and say I am not interested in being a number 2 in the Championship in the near future and in particular to stop any rumour mongering I will not be looking to join Nottm Forest or Birmingham no matter what interest or lack thereof they have shown.

He hasnt done that he WONT do it thats enough for 99% of people to realise what his level of commitment is

Baldy Foghorn
24-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Personally I don't think CC helps himself when he starts answering the question with "At the minute" If he'd simply said I'm here and am happy to be here then much of the uncertainty would go IMO

Agreed Jonnyboy

RIP
25-07-2011, 10:41 AM
The reason why CC makes his position sound less than permanent is because that's the truth. I've no doubt he's had his backside kicked for the poor run of results last year. He will be under the cosh to do better in the first half of the season otherwise he will be oot the door.

He knows this and I'm sure this is affecting his confidence at the moment

ahibby
25-07-2011, 11:03 AM
I don't think CC has had his backside kicked at all. From RPs statements he appears to be satisfied that CC won the games he had too, last season and I doubt whether they expected much more than they got yesterday (which is sad but probably right on the mark).

I think at this time any decent manager at Hibs will have the majority of Hibs fans support if only through sympathy. I doubt anyone else could get anymore from the squad. I also think that fans will drift back, for him and some of the players sake really but how long that will take I don't know. Certainly if the board were a bit more popular then it would have been sooner rather than later.