PDA

View Full Version : Blackpool Away - What team would you play?

HH81
24-07-2011, 04:47 PM
So with an Injury today how we going to approach this game?

Small squad as well, would you take a lot of young players down and play them or pick a strong team and try get a boosting result and risk an injury?

:flag:

down-the-slope
24-07-2011, 04:57 PM

Small squad as well, would you take a lot of young players down and play them or pick a strong team and try get a boosting result and risk an injury?

One with 2 or 3 Trialists who are decent signing prospects :greengrin and those who didn't play today getting game time (Jimmy for Murray being one)

Bayern Bru
24-07-2011, 05:01 PM
Stack

Palsson
Hanlon
O'Hanlon
Booth

Galbraith
Horner
Scott
Spoon

O'Connor
Crawford

Based on needing to give the defence more time to gel, if Palsson is first choice right back for the time being.
Based on not playing Stevenson in central midfield.
Based on playing Spoon in right mid, rather than left mid.
Based on giving Danny game time.
Based on getting O'Connor more match fit.
Based on giving Crawfy a chance as he could be used a lot this season.

one day maybe...
24-07-2011, 05:12 PM
I agree its a game to be looking at 2,3 or maybe 4 trialists and giving game time to some of the younger guys. the result is basically irrelative.

Sir David Gray
24-07-2011, 05:18 PM
It really depends on who's picked up injuries today. I'm guessing that Sean O'Hanlon won't play for example.

With that in mind, I would play;

Stack

Booth
Hanlon
Stephens
Wotherspoon

Palsson
Scott
Thornhill
Sproule
Galbraith

O'Connor

SUBS

Brown
Murray
Stevenson
de Graaf
Horner
Taggart
Crawford

sahib
24-07-2011, 05:26 PM

I am not trying to be smart, but does it really matter?
Anything that helps preparations for the current season would be my call. The result doesn't count.

HH81
24-07-2011, 05:31 PM
I am not trying to be smart, but does it really matter?
Anything that helps preparations for the current season would be my call. The result doesn't count.

The result doesn't count but would a win boost the squad? Would playing some youngers be a better bet to give them a game?

What would help preparations for the current season in your opinion?

PaulSmith
24-07-2011, 05:34 PM
Pointless friendly, send down the 19s

Hibbyradge
24-07-2011, 05:45 PM

:agree:

Or the under 11's, if we have them.

What is the point of this game? And why on earth would anyone want to go and watch it?

Baldy Foghorn
24-07-2011, 06:29 PM
:agree:

Or the under 11's, if we have them.

What is the point of this game? And why on earth would anyone want to go and watch it?

Don't know the point of game, but it is Hibs that are playing, so I want to watch them play wherever and whenever....

Hibbyradge
24-07-2011, 06:33 PM
Don't know the point of game, but it is Hibs that are playing, so I want to watch them play wherever and whenever....

Would you pay £50 for a ticket to the Blackpool game?

McKenzie
24-07-2011, 06:33 PM
Just going for a trip to blackpool, any result would be a bonus

Baldy Foghorn
24-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Would you pay £50 for a ticket to the Blackpool game?

Yes

Hibbyradge
24-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Yes

Good answer.

I truly love you!

Baldy Foghorn
24-07-2011, 06:36 PM
Good answer.

I truly love you!

shucks :embarrass

Hibbyradge
24-07-2011, 06:43 PM
shucks :embarrass

In a masculine, hetro sort of way, you understand. :wink:

Seriously, though, I used to be the same. Like you, Hibs were my main/only passion and I'd alter all my social arrangements to make sure I didn't miss a game. Weddings, work, illness and everything else took second place.

I went for years, literally, without missing a match, home or away.

Not renewing this year is like breaking out of the cycle. It's been incredibly empowering. I feel free.

I doubt I'll ever get a season ticket again.

Mibbe!

oconnors_strip
24-07-2011, 06:45 PM

they have a game against craigroyston so sadly we cant send them down:wink:

HH81
24-07-2011, 06:59 PM

I take it you didn't go last year then? or Bolton or Blackburn year before?

If not you missed out Sir as all them were classic days out. :agree:

Hibbyradge
24-07-2011, 07:04 PM
I take it you didn't go last year then? or Bolton or Blackburn year before?

If not you missed out Sir as all them were classic days out. :agree:

Nope. I didn't go to any of them. Utterly pointless.

I can get a good night out in Edinburgh. Often do as a matter of fact.

Albion Hibs
24-07-2011, 07:08 PM
I think today showed that we need a bit more time with the starting 11 to get the passing a little more fluent. At the same time we do not have a big squad and given the season has now started the priorty is a bit of fitness, passing and game time.

I would go with the same starting 11 in the first half, maybe play galbraith instead of wotherspoon, in the second half a bunch of others maybe get Agogo on.

FromTheCapital
24-07-2011, 07:23 PM
Brown

Taggart
Stephens
Hanlon
Booth

Sproule
Thornhill
Scott
Palsson
Galbraith

Agogo/Crawford
---------------------
I'd rest G'OC, simply because of the fact that we already have a shortage of strikers and that the result, IMO, isn't important (except from a wee morale booster)...

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-07-2011, 08:14 PM
I would like to see that popular player A. Trialist feature quite heavily. We need a get and give creative midfielder and a nippy forward to take GOC's or Sodjes's lay-offs. As much as we have make and do players, we don't have any that can do that.

LancashireHibby
24-07-2011, 08:51 PM
Play as strong a side as possible and give them a chance to get used to each other. They looked like complete strangers at times today.

BoltonHibee
24-07-2011, 08:54 PM
Play as strong a side as possible and give them a chance to get used to each other. They looked like complete strangers at times today.

Yup, agree with this.