PDA

View Full Version : Could Not be Happier

Sammy7nil
24-07-2011, 03:30 PM
As Marvin would say - Could Not Be Happier

I have not renewed my ST and after that today I am so happy I did not give in to my heart.

1. Same shambles in defence against Rank average Celtic team (they will get much better)
2. Sprould and GOC will not be the the force they were.
3. NINETY Minutes at home not ONE effort at goal
4. O'Hanlon doing okay now injured.
5. No plan how to play, one goal down one up front !!!!
6. No one on the bench capable of making a difference.

I could go on but there is no need this will be a very long season.

A manager with no Enthusiasim for the job he dodges every question to commit to Hibs - Disrespectful and Disgraceful

It would not be good for my health to have a ST so sad to see Hibs in this state.

Liam89
24-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Cool.

Hiber-nation
24-07-2011, 03:34 PM

I have not renewed my ST and after that today I am so happy I did not give in to my heart.

1. Same shambles in defence against Rank average Celtic team (they will get much better)

A manager with no Enthusiasim for the job he dodges every question to commit to Hibs - Disrespectful and Disgraceful

It would not be good for my health to have a ST so sad to see Hibs in this state.

So you're happy to see Hibs lose. Unbelievable.

Russ
24-07-2011, 03:34 PM

Of you go to Ibrox then son, you won't be missed.

Gatecrasher
24-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Good for you

col02
24-07-2011, 03:37 PM
More negativity for the sake of it!

Sammy7nil
24-07-2011, 03:45 PM
Sorry if if I have pissed peeps off with this post maybe a touch flippant but how I feel

I have never been so pissed off with hibs over the last 2 seasons. Last year I was just Desperate for the season to end and looking what we have this season I am just relieved I will not have to sit and watch the dross we have to offer.

The one thing that could make me happier is CC to GO and Go Now.

I think his dodging of questions shows a total lack of respect for hibs, his record does not give any confidence he can change things.

Hibbyradge
24-07-2011, 03:48 PM
I thought we played quite well, tbh.

2 mistakes, by Stack and Stevenson, cost us dearly and having only 1 striker is a big problem.

lucky
24-07-2011, 03:57 PM

2 mistakes, by Stack and Stevenson, cost us dearly and having only 1 striker is a big problem.

:agree:

Sammy7nil
24-07-2011, 03:58 PM

We did not have One effort on goal, no one was willing to have a shot from midfield.
I thought we looked organised but totally devoid of any ideas or creativity, no one who could do something different.
If we lose the 1st goal to anyone we will struggle big time.

Any team that gets the ball in our box regularly will score we still appear to be a very soft touch.

jbwhibs70
24-07-2011, 03:59 PM
Sorry if if I have pissed peeps off with this post maybe a touch flippant but how I feel

I have never been so pissed off with hibs over the last 2 seasons. Last year I was just Desperate for the season to end and looking what we have this season I am just relieved I will not have to sit and watch the dross we have to offer.

I think his dodging of questions shows a total lack of respect for hibs, his record does not give any confidence he can change things.Could not be sadder when I see negative posts from so called Hibs fans like you . Lot of positive things to take from todays game,hope you stop posting as well.

Sammy7nil
24-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Could not be sadder when I see negative posts from so called Hibs fans like you . Lot of positive things to take from todays game,hope you stop posting as well.

Probably been going to Hibs games longer than you have been alive, we are all entitled to OUR opinion but no shots or efforts at goal in 90 minutes does not make me very positive.

Mikey
24-07-2011, 04:11 PM
You'll still want the club to make signings though eh, even although they won't have your money to do it.

Sammy7nil
24-07-2011, 04:15 PM
You'll still want the club to make signings though eh, even although they won't have your money to do it.

No Mikey I think the 1st priority is to EMPTY a manager who has done everything to suggest he does not want to be here and has done nothing to date to suggest he is capable of making HIS squad a top 6 team.

Jack
24-07-2011, 04:15 PM
IMO Easter Road probably benefited from you not being there either.

Sammy7nil
24-07-2011, 04:27 PM
IMO Easter Road probably benefited from you not being there either.

You may be right ER maybe did but did team ?
12500 for the 1st day against the OF seems like a lot of people gave it a miss.

brog
24-07-2011, 04:30 PM
Probably been going to Hibs games longer than you have been alive, we are all entitled to OUR opinion but no shots or efforts at goal in 90 minutes does not make me very positive.

I agree re the bold part above but IMO when you post a new thread under this title referring to a Hibs defeat then you forfeit any claims to hold a sensible discussion.
FWIW I thought there were a number of positives today, in particular O'Hanlon/Hanlon. We also kept our shape, discipline & high level of effort going for a great deal of the game. Negatives for me (unfortunately) were Stevenson & Spoony. I was surprised Lewis started & although he was neat & tidy for 1st 45 he lacks the drive & aggression he displayed in March 2007. Time & again he has space to move forward 20 or 30 yards but he passes the ball (& the buck) usually sideways to someone else. Spoony is continually caught on wrong side of man in his defensive duties & lacks composure for central midfield role. I only pick out these 2 because I'm disappointed they have not properly developed their inherent ability.
PS, apart from pen I don't recall Stack making a save so Celtc were hardly peppering our goal. Oh & I've been watching Hibs for close on 60 years so hopefully I'm allowed to criticise your negativity & the fact you seem to glory in it. :wink:

smurf
24-07-2011, 04:33 PM
The OP quite rightly want us to have a manager to commit. Yet this supporter who has commited through a season ticket purchase notes that he hasn't or won't commit likewise.

Sammy7nil
24-07-2011, 04:34 PM
I agree re the bold part above but IMO when you post a new thread under this title referring to a Hibs defeat then you forfeit any claims to hold a sensible discussion.
FWIW I thought there were a number of positives today, in particular O'Hanlon/Hanlon. We also kept our shape, discipline & high level of effort going for a great deal of the game. Negatives for me (unfortunately) were Stevenson & Spoony. I was surprised Lewis started & although he was neat & tidy for 1st 45 he lacks the drive & aggression he displayed in March 2007. Time & again he has space to move forward 20 or 30 yards but he passes the ball (& the buck) usually sideways to someone else. Spoony is continually caught on wrong side of man in his defensive duties & lacks composure for central midfield role. I only pick out these 2 because I'm disappointed they have not properly developed their inherent ability.
PS, apart from pen I don't recall Stack making a save so Celtc were hardly peppering our goal. Oh & I've been watching Hibs for close on 60 years so hopefully I'm allowed to criticise your negativity & the fact you seem to glory in it. :wink:

As i said brog all entitiled to OUR opinions.
Celtic did not have to pepper our goal and I am sure they are well capable of raising their game are we?

if I am too negative sorry just the way I feel

Hibs7
24-07-2011, 04:41 PM
Why do people continue to try and see positives from an inept display, we are crap just admit it

GloryGlory
24-07-2011, 04:41 PM

The trouble is that 2 mistakes, at least, leading to goals for the opposition happens in just about every game. I honestly hoped that CC was the sort of coach who could first and foremost set up his team to not lose many goals, but there is no evidence of any improvement.

O'Hanlon looks like he could be a solid acquisition, but the rest of the defence is still too unreliable.

Viva_Palmeiras
24-07-2011, 04:48 PM
So you're happy to see Hibs lose. Unbelievable. Nothing surprises me on the net these days sadly predictable

brog
24-07-2011, 04:51 PM
The trouble is that 2 mistakes, at least, leading to goals for the opposition happens in just about every game. I honestly hoped that CC was the sort of coach who could first and foremost set up his team to not lose many goals, but there is no evidence of any improvement.

O'Hanlon looks like he could be a solid acquisition, but the rest of the defence is still too unreliable.

Assuming you're referring to the back 4 I thought they acquitted themselves really well today & remember we finished with all 4 aged about 20! FWIW the 2 goals resulted from errors by the keeper & a midfielder.

Sammy7nil
24-07-2011, 04:54 PM
So you're happy to see Hibs lose. Unbelievable.

read my post

brog
24-07-2011, 04:55 PM
As i said brog all entitiled to OUR opinions.
Celtic did not have to pepper our goal and I am sure they are well capable of raising their game are we?

if I am too negative sorry just the way I feel

We're all entitled to be negative but heading the thread " Couldn't be Happier " is IMO ridiculous. I'm sure I speak for virtually every Hibs fan when I say I'll never be happy at a defeat, in fact I'm an even more miserable old git than usual!

yekimevol
24-07-2011, 05:00 PM
good for you the rest of us will be down easter rood in the sunshine, rain and snow
:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa
:flag::flag::flag:

essexhibee
24-07-2011, 05:05 PM
The op is a baffoon. I feel depressed about hibs but to say you are glad they lost is baffling.

Baldy Foghorn
24-07-2011, 05:06 PM

Did not have a shot at goal for 90 minutes or a corner from where I was sat......Removed abysmal.....

hibbiedon
24-07-2011, 05:11 PM

If you dont want to go and see Hibs why are you on hibs.net.
if you dont want to watch them and are pleased when they get beat and then come on here just to slag them off it seems strange to me, as that is exactly how i am towards Hearts

Sunny Leith
24-07-2011, 05:11 PM
O'Hanlan is a good defender however he has been injured for the last two years near enough (which is why he left the franchise). Too see him go off after an hour after the first game of the season is a major concern.

Sammy7nil
24-07-2011, 05:12 PM
[/B]We're all entitled to be negative but heading the thread " Couldn't be Happier " is IMO ridiculous. I'm sure I speak for virtually every Hibs fan when I say I'll never be happy at a defeat, in fact I'm an even more miserable old git than usual!

Do people read what they want to see or what is posted?

I never said I was glad to see Hibs lose I said I was happy I did not buy a season ticket as I am so disappointed in Hibs at the moment and will not have to sit through another long season.

So can everyone read what I posted not what they think i did.

O'Brien[11]
24-07-2011, 05:14 PM
If I'm being honest its you so called 'hibs die hards' that are letting the club away with this mess. Let's be serious who in there right mind wants to go and watch that sad shambles of a team, so all you hat and scarfers that are putting up with it take a good look at yourself and stop being so nice. Its a sorry state of affairs and its about time it was acted on if I'm being honest, never have I felt so let down and betrayed with the club in the time I've supported them.

just_joe
24-07-2011, 05:15 PM
The op is a baffoon. I feel depressed about hibs but to say you are glad they lost is baffling.

The OP is certainly not a bafoon. This is the way ALOT of hibs supporters feel at the moment. the OP came on and expressed his opinion and you call him a bafoon? Alot of fans I know actually want Hibs to lose due to the fact that we have a manager who obviously does not want to be here. I don't care what he says in his interviews..his body language says it all for me. the sooner he is out the door the better! Don't care if you agree with me or not mate but trust me the OP is not the only fan who feels that way.

Sammy7nil
24-07-2011, 05:15 PM

I am my be a buffon but I read what is posted not what I think was posted.

I never said i was happy Hibs lost i said i was happy I did not have a ST you may actually be the Buffon ! always best to read the post.

just_joe
24-07-2011, 05:16 PM
;2867928"]If I'm being honest its you so called 'hibs die hards' that are letting the club away with this mess. Let's be serious who in there right mind wants to go and watch that sad shambles of a team, so all you hat and scarfers that are putting up with it take a good look at yourself and stop being so nice. Its a sorry state of affairs and its about time it was acted on if I'm being honest, never have I felt so let down and betrayed with the club in the time I've supported them.

if there was a "like" button for this comment mate id be clicking it! Your spot on.

Eaststand
24-07-2011, 05:18 PM

I agree with you on that HR
We all know that we need a striker brought in and hopefully that will be happening in the next few days......
But there was some decent play from our team today and it was a whole lot better than most of the displays last season
O'Hanlon, Thornill, Gazza and Ivan all looked decent enough today, and will improve as they get more game time

GGTTH

just_joe
24-07-2011, 05:21 PM
I agree with you on that HR
We all know that we need a striker brought in and hopefully that will be happening in the next few days......
But there was some decent play from our team today and it was a whole lot better than most of the displays last season
O'Hanlon, Thornill, Gazza and Ivan all looked decent enough today, and will improve as they get more game time

GGTTH

How can you agree with that? Come off it mate! We didnt have one shot the whole 90 mins! I don't even think celtic were in top gear. If you think that was a good performance then it's going to be one hell of a long season.

Gatecrasher
24-07-2011, 05:21 PM
;2867928"]If I'm being honest its you so called 'hibs die hards' that are letting the club away with this mess. Let's be serious who in there right mind wants to go and watch that sad shambles of a team, so all you hat and scarfers that are putting up with it take a good look at yourself and stop being so nice. Its a sorry state of affairs and its about time it was acted on if I'm being honest, never have I felt so let down and betrayed with the club in the time I've supported them.

What have Hibs done to betray you?

I will continue to support my team because thats what i do. These times are pretty dull but the good times will come again and i will be happy to upport Hibs through a rough patch.

Ray_
24-07-2011, 05:24 PM
[/B]We're all entitled to be negative but heading the thread " Couldn't be Happier " is IMO ridiculous. I'm sure I speak for virtually every Hibs fan when I say I'll never be happy at a defeat, in fact I'm an even more miserable old git than usual!

I could see the irony in the title, I'm sure the OP would have been far happier to have had enough faith in things at ER for him buy his season ticket.

With regard to the other bit about the young defence, Brownlie, Blackley & Shades were young also, but they were up against far better teams than today's Celtic & being young doesn't mean that half the goals you concede doesn't count.

BroxburnHibee
24-07-2011, 05:25 PM
Celtic didn't even need to try.

No positives from that display for me

007 Mickey Weir
24-07-2011, 05:28 PM
Well I thought we played alright today. Controlled the first half without having a cutting edge up front. Only chance they had they took, and it came from a mistake.

Similar in first part of second but again a mistake led to there 2nd and that really killed it. They had a good spell but didnt really do a great deal.

I have my season ticket up in the singing section and thought we all did our bit. Singing the whole game and some good fun banter as well.

Agreed we are along way from a good team. But who is in the SPL?? No one has money and every team outside Celtic and Hearts are desperate to strengthen but are struglling to do so. Lennon said after the game that thats the best he's seen Celtic play in the second half in a while. Now that speaks volumes to me.

As for CC. I think he got his tactics right today with the players we have. 4-5-1. We need consisitancy and losing our manager would not help us in anyway.

I am a Hibs fan through thick and thin. Last season was bad but I feel we might slowly turn it around this year if we can stop the negitivity.

Call me a happy clapper if u like. I just want my team to succeed.

GGTTH

KeithTheHibby
24-07-2011, 05:29 PM

I am so pleased for you and look forward to hearing more of your rants from the comfort of your armchair during the season.

Personally I wouldn't give 'fans' like you the time of day.

Ray_
24-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Well I thought we played alright today. Controlled the first half without having a cutting edge up front. Only chance they had they took, and it came from a mistake.

Similar in first part of second but again a mistake led to there 2nd and that really killed it. They had a good spell but didnt really do a great deal.

I have my season ticket up in the singing section and thought we all did our bit. Singing the whole game and some good fun banter as well.

Agreed we are along way from a good team. But who is in the SPL?? No one has money and every team outside Celtic and Hearts are desperate to strengthen but are struglling to do so. Lennon said after the game that thats the best he's seen Celtic play in the second half in a while. Now that speaks volumes to me.

As for CC. I think he got his tactics right today with the players we have. 4-5-1. We need consisitancy and losing our manager would not help us in anyway.

I am a Hibs fan through thick and thin. Last season was bad but I feel we might slowly turn it around this year if we can stop the negitivity.

Call me a happy clapper if u like. I just want my team to succeed.

GGTTH

How could we have controlled the first half, we went a goal down early, didn't look like scoring ourselves & it was only a big mistake from the officials that prevented the half time score being 0-2?

Sammy7nil
24-07-2011, 05:34 PM
I am so pleased for you and look forward to hearing more of your rants from the comfort of your armchair during the season.

Personally I wouldn't give 'fans' like you the time of day.

Thanks but that is not a rant it is how I feel last I looked we are all able to post our opinions and at this moment I am glad I do not have a ST.

P.S. you already have given me the time of day.

Jay
24-07-2011, 05:45 PM

Well vote with your feet and stay away, you'll not be missed. You'll be back as a 'die hard' supporter when things get good again I am sure. :rolleyes:

machibby
24-07-2011, 05:45 PM

Just curious as to what you hope to achieve with such a post/thread. Don't think any of us are particularly over the moon with today or the club in general, so coming on and stating you couldn't be happier seems to me bizarre. Even stranger is your point no.4 - you couldn't be happier that you didn't buy a ST because a player is injured. If you couldn't be happier why not just sink a beer or two and enjoy the sunshine, because coming on here and gloating that you never got a ticket ain't going to get you anything but grief.
On Calderwood though I sadly agree, I can think of no other Hibs manager that has shown such lack of respect for the club and supporters. Ultimately it's down to the board to realise it's gone on long enough and his lack lustre responses to his position are being detrimental to the club.
I hope the next few weeks left in the transfer market will bring renewed hope and you will follow your heart and be rewarded with true happiness:flag:

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-07-2011, 05:51 PM
We've taken bigger beatings from Celtc when have had better teams, and if anything puts things in perspective it was the final subbies when we brought on player from the Nursery School eleven, and they brought on a "token" Scottish Internationalist. Really gutted that two mistakes lead to two goals, but what annoys me most is a makeshift team, with no strength on the bench. For a club like ours, that is a disgrace.

Sammy7nil
24-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Just curious as to what you hope to achieve with such a post/thread. Don't think any of us are particularly over the moon with today or the club in general, so coming on and stating you couldn't be happier seems to me bizarre. Even stranger is your point no.4 - you couldn't be happier that you didn't buy a ST because a player is injured. If you couldn't be happier why not just sink a beer or two and enjoy the sunshine, because coming on here and gloating that you never got a ticket ain't going to get you anything but grief.
On Calderwood though I sadly agree, I can think of no other Hibs manager that has shown such lack of respect for the club and supporters. Ultimately it's down to the board to realise it's gone on long enough and his lack lustre responses to his position are being detrimental to the club.
I hope the next few weeks left in the transfer market will bring renewed hope and you will follow your heart and be rewarded with true happiness:flag:

I did not hope to achieve anything just getting my frustration out. I thought this was a forum where we posted our thoughts and or opinions.
I am very disappointed in Hibs and just glad I dont have to sit through that week after week.
I am disappointed O'Hanlon is injured he looked okay but it is another kick in the nads he is out.
CC simply has to go.

Hibbyradge
24-07-2011, 06:05 PM
I am very disappointed in Hibs and just glad I dont have to sit through that week after week.
[

Me n awe.

I did not hope to achieve anything just getting my frustration out. I thought this was a forum where we posted our thoughts and or opinions.
I am disappointed O'Hanlon is injured he looked okay but it is another kick in the nads he is out.
CC simply has to go.

It's not CC's fault that O'Hanlon got injured.

Is it?

I'm enjoying you getting a kicking though. :greengrin

Dunbar Hibee
24-07-2011, 06:09 PM
We were gash today admittedly. Hard opening fixture though.

Sammy7nil
24-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Me n awe.

It's not CC's fault that O'Hanlon got injured.

Is it?

I'm enjoying you getting a kicking though. :greengrin

HR you know I care but just so fed up, the title was flippant but I am still glad I do not have a ST for the 1st time in as long as I can remember.

Hibbyradge
24-07-2011, 06:27 PM
HR you know I care but just so fed up, the title was flippant but I am still glad I do not have a ST for the 1st time in as long as I can remember.

I feel the same.

The only reason I went to games towards the end of last season was because I had a season ticket.

There was nothing enjoyable about them and nothing to look forward to.

I left one game after about 30 minutes and my mate didn't even leave the Hibs club.

I wouldn't give up a chance to play golf to watch Hibs these days.

I do hope that changes. I think.

cad
24-07-2011, 06:31 PM
What have Hibs done to betray you?

I will continue to support my team because thats what i do. These times are pretty dull but the good times will come again and i will be happy to upport Hibs through a rough patch.

This rough patch,your supporting them through has lasted 30 odd years mate maybe more :wink:

I think 5000+ asked a very big question of Hibs today ,is what your putting on show worth £28 or a season ticket .
Is loyalty to your club an unconditional part of giving them £400+ come what may ,are the walk ups me included hedging there bets to see what going to happen ,and last season really was the last straw , or sod it I had enough the boozer and TV fitba for me is the answer ,still my team but putting my hand in my pocket ,thats no happening

stevej
24-07-2011, 06:56 PM
So has CC committed himself to Hibs yet ?

Hibbyradge
24-07-2011, 06:57 PM
So has CC committed himself to Hibs yet ?

I think so. He signed a 3 year contract.

Albion Hibs
24-07-2011, 07:04 PM

Embarrasing post for someone that is supposed to be a hibs fan. Delighted to see us lose. The irony is you chose not to give money to Hibs, but sound like you watched it on Sky, happy to give money to them the same thing which is draining crowds and killing the sport. Here is an idea, just give your money to hibs, watch the team you say you support, give them the money to go and get the team you want. Sound like an idea?

Alternatively if you want to support a team that is happy to plunge itself towards nothing, take what they cant afford and live in blind ignorance of the reality of the footballing world then a short bus ride should get you across the town to their front door.

Hibbyradge
24-07-2011, 07:07 PM
Embarrasing post for someone that is supposed to be a hibs fan. Delighted to see us lose. The irony is you chose not to give money to Hibs, but sound like you watched it on Sky, happy to give money to them the same thing which is draining crowds and killing the sport. Here is an idea, just give your money to hibs, watch the team you say you support, give them the money to go and get the team you want. Sound like an idea?

Alternatively if you want to support a team that is happy to plunge itself towards nothing, take what they cant afford and live in blind ignorance of the reality of the footballing world then a short bus ride should get you across the town to their front door.

Are you embarrassed? I bet STB isn't.

Albion Hibs
24-07-2011, 07:15 PM
Are you embarrassed? I bet STB isn't.

I am as a matter of fact. To hear a hibs fan after we were beaten on the opening day of the season say he is delighted he chose not to come and watch hibs is embarrasing, dont you think?

Stonewall
24-07-2011, 07:17 PM

Sanctimonious git.

Hibbyradge
24-07-2011, 07:17 PM
I am as a matter of fact. To hear a hibs fan after we were beaten on the opening day of the season say he is delighted he chose not to come and watch hibs is embarrasing, dont you think?

Not at all.

I'm glad I wasn't at the game too.

Sorry if you get a beamer.

Sammy7nil
24-07-2011, 07:22 PM
Sanctimonious git.

Great post :greengrin
Hope you feel better. :rolleyes:

Sammy7nil
24-07-2011, 07:26 PM

I Never said that why don't people read posts ?

I am glad I have not gt a season ticket

The irony is you are posting comments about me yet you NOTHING about me.

I stated an opinion if you don't agree get over it.

Albion Hibs
24-07-2011, 07:34 PM
I Never said that why don't people read posts ?

I am glad I have not gt a season ticket

The irony is you are posting comments about me yet you NOTHING about me.

I stated an opinion if you don't agree get over it.

You stated you opinion, I commented on it, never told you that you could not have it. If by "get over it" you mean dont reply that would of course make this board pretty pointless wouldnt it?

Then again you would probably quite like sticking the boot in with no one else having the right to reply.

How about this, you did not buy a season ticket, you did not want to go along and support hibs this year, so how about you get over how they are performing as it really does not affect you that much anymore.

Dont worry the EPL will start soon, that will offer plenty to watch.

Albion Hibs
24-07-2011, 07:36 PM
Not at all.

I'm glad I wasn't at the game too.

Sorry if you get a beamer.

I am sure I will get over you / the others pretty quick.

I am sure you were glad.

Sammy7nil
24-07-2011, 07:43 PM
You stated you opinion, I commented on it, never told you that you could not have it. If by "get over it" you mean dont reply that would of course make this board pretty pointless wouldnt it?

Then again you would probably quite like sticking the boot in with no one else having the right to reply.

How about this, you did not buy a season ticket, you did not want to go along and support hibs this year, so how about you get over how they are performing as it really does not affect you that much anymore.

Dont worry the EPL will start soon, that will offer plenty to watch.

Please point out where I said " i was delighted to see Hibs lose" ?

To be fair albion I have no respect for your comments you just seem to pick on things you have Imagined I said.
Your comments are very poor and don't Dare let me catch you watching ESPN, SKY or any other football match Hibs are not playing in. :greengrin:greengrin

Jonnyboy
24-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Right, can the OP confirm whether he is a bafoon, a buffon or a buffoon cos I'm confused :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
24-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Right, can the OP confirm whether he is a bafoon, a buffon or a buffoon cos I'm confused :wink:

Or Marvin fae the scheme:wink:

Sammy7nil
24-07-2011, 07:53 PM

All of the above :greengrin

Albion Hibs
24-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Please point out where I said " i was delighted to see Hibs lose" ?

To be fair albion I have no respect for your comments you just seem to pick on things you have Imagined I said.
Your comments are very poor and don't Dare let me catch you watching ESPN, SKY or any other football match Hibs are not playing in. :greengrin:greengrin

Dont worry, you wont find me watching any match infront of a hibs game, all a very very distant second. But I wish you the best with this seasons remote control......secretly I know you will be in for a half season!!

Dont worry, after this thread, and much of the other negativity about hibs you spout I have no respect for your comments either, at least it is mutual.

PS regardless of the fine detail of your wording, for any hibs fan to have a "delighted" emotion as a result of our team getting beaten by the great unwashed is, IMO, pretty minging!

ancient hibee
24-07-2011, 07:58 PM

I think his dodging of questions shows a total lack of respect for hibs, his record does not give any confidence he can change things.

A couple of mistakes was the dfference between the teams.They were 2nd last year we were 10th-didn'tlook that much of a difference to me-how many times have we beaten Celtic at home recently?

Scouse Hibee
24-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Seen the thread title, read the thread and couldn't be happier that the OP is happy! :rolleyes:

Devine
24-07-2011, 08:02 PM
A couple of mistakes was the dfference between the teams.They were 2nd last year we were 10th-didn'tlook that much of a difference to me-how many times have we beaten Celtic at home recently?

No it wasnt...I was going to take the time to produce an argument to that statement but the stats from todays game do that job for me

ancient hibee
24-07-2011, 08:07 PM
No it wasnt...I was going to take the time to produce an argument to that statement but the stats from todays game do that job for me

The score was 2-0 we contributed more to both the goals than Celtic did-that's all the stats you need.Celtic had plenty of the ball -did they do anything with it-how many saves did Stack have?

Winston Ingram
24-07-2011, 08:08 PM

Fair point. Lets aw jack it and shut the doors.

Glad your happy but what puzzles me is why you are still posting? As you have clearly stopped being a Hibs supporter why are you bothering us with your drivel?:confused:

Sammy7nil
24-07-2011, 08:10 PM
Dont worry, you wont find me watching any match infront of a hibs game, all a very very distant second. But I wish you the best with this seasons remote control......secretly I know you will be in for a half season!!

Dont worry, after this thread, and much of the other negativity about hibs you spout I have no respect for your comments either, at least it is mutual.

PS regardless of the fine detail of your wording, for any hibs fan to have a "delighted" emotion as a result of our team getting beaten by the great unwashed is, IMO, pretty minging!

Still not reading the post despite reminders Ah well better to make things up to suit your agenda.

If you read the thread you will see I said the title was flippant but hey you imagine what you want.

Devine
24-07-2011, 08:10 PM
The score was 2-0 we contributed more to both the goals than Celtic did-that's all the stats you need.Celtic had plenty of the ball -did they do anything with it-how many saves did Stack have?

Celtic had 6 attempts at goal we had ZERO. Do you honestly believe Celtic got out of first gear and if there had been a need they wouldnt have tried a little harder going forward?

To say that it was ONLY 2 errors between the sides is delusional

Scouse Hibee
24-07-2011, 08:11 PM

Glad your happy but what puzzles me is why you are still posting? As you have clearly stopped being a Hibs supporter why are you bothering us with your drivel?:confused:

Because he likes to say "I told you so" you must have come across his sort before.

Kaiser1962
24-07-2011, 08:12 PM
I am my be a buffon but I read what is posted not what I think was posted.

I never said i was happy Hibs lost i said i was happy I did not have a ST you may actually be the Buffon ! always best to read the post.

The same could be said about what CC has said and not making things out of what he's not said? No?

scoopyboy
24-07-2011, 08:14 PM

You may or may not have been going to Hibs games longer than many but that does not for me detract from the fact that in your OP you appear to be gloating that Hibs got beat.

Basically you are congratulating yourself on not buying a season ticket.

You must be a proud man tonight.

As you state we are all entitled to our opinion, mine's is you won't be missed.

Sammy7nil
24-07-2011, 08:14 PM

Drivel ? Mhhhhhhhhhhhh

perhaps you can give me the definition of when you stop being a hibs supporter?
I no longer have a season ticket does that stop me from being a supporter? Are walk fans not suppoerters?

Let me know please or were you talking Drivel ?

PS maybe read the Thread before posting crap

Sammy7nil
24-07-2011, 08:17 PM
You may or may not have been going to Hibs games longer than many but that does not for me detract from the fact that in your OP you appear to be gloating that Hibs got beat.

Please show me ANYWHERE I am gloating Hibs got beat? Please read the post before posting pish

Yes I am pleased I did not buy a season ticket (I am not the only one) GET OVER IT

Winston Ingram
24-07-2011, 08:39 PM
Drivel ? Mhhhhhhhhhhhh

perhaps you can give me the definition of when you stop being a hibs supporter?
I no longer have a season ticket does that stop me from being a supporter? Are walk fans not suppoerters?

Let me know please or were you talking Drivel ?

PS maybe read the Thread before posting crap

Hibs got beat today and you said...

Could Not be Happier

doesn't really sound sound like 'support' to me.

I really wish i didn't comment now. I usually don't respond to such inane attention seeking.

oldbutdim
24-07-2011, 08:45 PM

Thank goodness.
I thought it was just me.

Quel bouffon!

Jonnyboy
24-07-2011, 08:45 PM
Thank goodness.
I thought it was just me.

Quel bouffon!

:greengrin

IWasThere2016
24-07-2011, 08:46 PM
I thought we played quite well, tbh.2 mistakes, by Stack and Stevenson, cost us dearly and having only 1 striker is a big problem.

Texts I got suggested the same D .. the other glaring issue is RB.

M - it is clear to most (actually I'd suggest it should be obvious to all) that the Board are going to have to spend to encourage/incentivise the fans back. It was obvious waaaay before today, and now more so after what most would say was a poor home support today. We need players - plain and simple. The Board must act on this.

scoopyboy
24-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Please show me ANYWHERE I am gloating Hibs got beat? Please read the post before posting pish

Yes I am pleased I did not buy a season ticket (I am not the only one) GET OVER IT

Listen dafty, I am not the one that posted that I couldn't be happier. That was your heading in the OP, check back if you don't believe me.

You may not be the only one that didn't buy a season ticket but you are certainly the only one starting a thread bragging over the fact.

You obviously felt so good about it you started the thread, I cannot understand for the life of me why a Hibs fan would want to brag about not buying a season ticket. I understand fully why a Hibs fan would not buy a season ticket but to brag about it!!!!!!!

GET OVER WHAT, the fact that you aren't buying a season ticket?

I already stated that IMO you won't be missed.

I don't post pish, plenty of posters can vouch for that.

And while I'm at it your username stinks of a Rangers anthem.

Captain Trips
24-07-2011, 08:48 PM
In microcosm I was planning to go to a match up at ICT however the plan fell through just before we left, a match we ended up losing badly, we all said happy we actually never made it to watch.

I think this is feeling OP has?

Bishop Hibee
24-07-2011, 08:53 PM
Anyone reveling in the fact they haven't bought a season ticket when they have the wherewithall to do so should shut up as far as I'm concerned.

Yes it was awful that we had no attempts on goal as far as I could tell (and I was at the game!) but the defence did well and bar a howler from Stack, things may have panned out differently.

CC needs to state his future one way or the other though for the sake of the club.

Sammy7nil
24-07-2011, 08:56 PM
Listen dafty, I am not the one that posted that I couldn't be happier. That was your heading in the OP, check back if you don't believe me.

You may not be the only one that didn't buy a season ticket but you are certainly the only one starting a thread bragging over the fact.

You obviously felt so good about it you started the thread, I cannot understand for the life of me why a Hibs fan would want to brag about not buying a season ticket. I understand fully why a Hibs fan would not buy a season ticket but to brag about it!!!!!!!

GET OVER WHAT, the fact that you aren't buying a season ticket?

I already stated that IMO you won't be missed.

I don't post pish, plenty of posters can vouch for that.

And while I'm at it your username stinks of a Rangers anthem.

Just a few points
I think as you say others should judge if you post pish not you.
my user name was created the night G Best died after a few drinks I have regreted it ever since not that I should have to justify my username to anyone.
Get over it - well your obviously upset about my post get over it.
And yes I am happy I did not get a ST sorry if that makes me less of a hibby as I say I am not alone.

CC has done NOTHING to prove he is the man and I dont think watching that pish week after would be good for anyone

Kaiser1962
24-07-2011, 08:56 PM

I seem to recall the stats for the 98 cup final when the Yams beat the Huns was the most one sided major game, statistically, covered by Sky up to that point. And it wasnt in favour of the Yams.

I thought we did ok today.

Statstically Hibs have won 12 out of 64 home games against Celtic in the last 30 years.

Albion Hibs
24-07-2011, 08:58 PM
In microcosm I was planning to go to a match up at ICT however the plan fell through just before we left, a match we ended up losing badly, we all said happy we actually never made it to watch.I think this is feeling OP has? Did you follow it up with slating the team the players the manager? I would also think you are more implying that you did not have to do a 6 hour round trip as opposed to the team first home game of the season.It is also pretty disrespectful to those who paid good money were quite excited about today and many of whom left thinking for spells we looked not too bad and did not too bad against a team that has far more money better players and are favourites to win the league. Since when has losing to Celtic and rangers been so bad? I can remember these teams turning up spanking us four and five soundly?

Jonnyboy
24-07-2011, 09:00 PM
Just a few points
I think as you say others should judge if you post pish not you.
my user name was created the night G Best died after a few drinks I have regreted it ever since not that I should have to justify my username to anyone.
And yes I am happy I did not get a ST sorry if that makes me less of a hibby as I say I am not alone.

CC has done NOTHING to prove he is the man and I dont think watching that pish week after would be good for anyone

I can confirm for the sake of clarity that Scoopyboy does not and never has posted pish :wink:

As to your username we've been here before - you can change it and had indicated you would. A wee word of advice though - dinnae do it when yer drunk :greengrin

Ray_
24-07-2011, 09:04 PM

As will the other 4.999, get a grip, the game went pretty much as expected, Hibs a very poor second to not a great Celtic team, the OP's comment was a reflection that people are staying away from Hibs, as today's crowd shows & for the reason today's match indicated.

scoopyboy
24-07-2011, 09:04 PM
just a few points
i think as you say others should judge if you post pish not you.

agreed

my user name was created the night g best died after a few drinks i have regreted it ever since not that i should have to justify my username to anyone.

Decent answer. You can of coarse change it and you dont lose your post count, etc.

Not upset. Just cannot understand why you would want to start a thread about the fact .

And yes i am happy i did not get a st sorry if that makes me less of a hibby as i say i am not alone.

You are still the only one bragging about it.

Cc has done nothing to prove he is the man and i dont think watching that pish week after would be good for anyone

cc may go. Are you basically saying you didnt get a season because of cc?

Sammy7nil
24-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Did you follow it up with slating the team the players the manager? I would also think you are more implying that you did not have to do a 6 hour round trip as opposed to the team first home game of the season.It is also pretty disrespectful to those who paid good money were quite excited about today and many of whom left thinking for spells we looked not too bad and did not too bad against a team that has far more money better players and are favourites to win the league. Since when has losing to Celtic and rangers been so bad? I can remember these teams turning up spanking us four and five soundly?

Are you still posting on this thread :greengrin

I slated CC not the team

The stats - One or maybe no corners, No shots on or off target in the 1st home game of the season a game CC should have the team fired up for. I am really struggling to find positives other than we never got spanked by an average Celtic team who will get much better.

scoopyboy
24-07-2011, 09:10 PM
As will the other 4.999, get a grip, the game went pretty much as expected, Hibs a very poor second to not a great Celtic team, the OP's comment was a reflection that people are staying away from Hibs, as today's crowd shows & for the reason today's match indicated.

No. The OP was stating that he couldn't be happier he didn't buy a season ticket and wanted to start a thread over it.

BTW where did you see we were 5000 season ticket holders down?

How many have we sold?

Sammy7nil
24-07-2011, 09:18 PM
cc may go. Are you basically saying you didnt get a season because of cc?

No I never got a ST because 12 -15 of my mates have dropped off over the last 3 -4 years.
It used to be great day out going to the Hibs games not only the match but the whole day pints and banter.
Over the last 2 seasons I can honestly say I have enjoyed a handful of games as there is no longer the good banter I swithered about getting a ST (I have had one as long as I can recall)

Watching CC's team for 30 odd games he has shown me NOTHING to suggest he is capable of putting out a team that will play football.
I dont mind Hibs getting beat so long as you can see there is organisation, effort, will to win and at least a little talent.

CC to me does not want to be here I cant understand why we are letting him imho disrespect the club.

I am sad that I feel this way but this not a snap decision this is an accumulation of years of frustration.

Albion Hibs
24-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Are you still posting on this thread :greengrinI slated CC not the team The stats - One or maybe no corners, No shots on or off target in the 1st home game of the season a game CC should have the team fired up for. I am really struggling to find positives other than we never got spanked by an average Celtic team who will get much better.Were your points 1, 2, 3 and 6 not a slating of the team players?

Pedantic_Hibee
24-07-2011, 09:21 PM
I haven't got a season ticket and I couldn't be angrier.

scoopyboy
24-07-2011, 09:22 PM
No I never got a ST because 12 -15 of my mates have dropped off over the last 3 -4 years.
It used to be great day out going to the Hibs games not only the match but the whole day pints and banter.
Over the last 2 seasons I can honestly say I have enjoyed a handful of games as there is no longer the good banter I swithered about getting a ST (I have had one as long as I can recall)

Watching CC's team for 30 odd games he has shown me NOTHING to suggest he is capable of putting out a team that will play football.
I dont mind Hibs getting beat so long as you can see there is organisation, effort, will to win and at least a little talent.

CC to me does not want to be here I cant understand why we are letting him imho direspect the club.

I am sad that I feel this way but this not a snap decision this is an accumulation of years of frustration.

A good post, one I can sympathise with.

I too have lost mates who don't go anymore, in my case by running a supporters club means we lose some members but gain others. Therefore I don't feel the loss as much as yourself.

Ray_
24-07-2011, 09:23 PM
No. The OP was stating that he couldn't be happier he didn't buy a season ticket and wanted to start a thread over it.

BTW where did you see we were 5000 season ticket holders down?

How many have we sold?

1] Yes, after watching the rubbish today, he did state that he couldn't be happier that he didn't buy a season ticket, so what, I know how frustrated watching hibs can be. I & many others used to love watching Hibs, but to spend a fortune to watch the dire performances of recent seasons, for quite a few now, this has become a step too far & I for one resent the way we have been mismanaged to the point, there is far better things to do with my time & money, than watching Hibs.

2] Not 5,000 season's down, but I read 5,000 customers down from last season's opener against the other half of the infirm.

scoopyboy
24-07-2011, 09:32 PM
1] Yes, after watching the rubbish today, he did state that he couldn't be happier that he didn't buy a season ticket, so what, I know how frustrated watching hibs can be. I & many others used to love watching Hibs, but to spend a fortune to watch the dire performances of recent seasons, for quite a few now, this has become a step too far & I for one resent the way we have been mismanaged to the point, there is far better things to do with my time & money, than watching Hibs.

2] Not 5,000 season's down, but I read 5,000 customers down from last season's opener against the other half of the infirm.

Fair enough, thanks for clarifying.

I actually think the attendance was lower than stated. On our bus there was at least 8 ST holders missing, due to holidays and I'm sure Hibs now quote number of tickets accounted for and not people through the turnstyles.

For the record I didn't think Hibs were all that bad today.

O'Brien[11]
24-07-2011, 10:40 PM
And the folk that are saying stay away if your not happy, that's the way we have chosen to deal with the situation hoping the club may realise that the fans have had enough in which they may wish to react in a positive manner, by going to the games your not a better fan or love the club more, you are silly in my opinon, the supporters are what make the club, we are the customers, and if the customers aren't happy the business has to react, I see no reaction from hibs. Without being disrespectful to sproule and o'connor they were signings to keep us content, when really they had no better offers.

blackpoolhibs
24-07-2011, 10:52 PM
I couldn't be angrier, and wish i hadn't bought a season ticket again.

Liberal Hibby
24-07-2011, 11:00 PM
I slated CC not the team

The stats - One or maybe no corners, No shots on or off target in the 1st home game of the season a game CC should have the team fired up for. I am really struggling to find positives other than we never got spanked by an average Celtic team who will get much better.

So the Celtc team will get much better? Who's to say Hibs won't too?

snooky
24-07-2011, 11:11 PM
Texts I got suggested the same D .. the other glaring issue is RB.

M - it is clear to most (actually I'd suggest it should be obvious to all) that the Board are going to have to spend to encourage/incentivise the fans back. It was obvious waaaay before today, and now more so after what most would say was a poor home support today. We need players - plain and simple. The Board must act on this.

IMO, the rot started around the time the golden generation was sold. Even if SOME of the monies had been invested in the team then I believe we would never have come to the situation we have now.
One word - Kerplunk!

Sammy7nil
24-07-2011, 11:18 PM
So the Celtc team will get much better? Who's to say Hibs won't too?

Celtic had at least 4 1st team players missing did we ?
Maybe 1 Sodje and no disrespect sodje is not the answer

MWHIBBIES
25-07-2011, 01:38 AM
I am going to bump this when we win the league :greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
25-07-2011, 05:51 AM
;2868440"]And the folk that are saying stay away if your not happy, that's the way we have chosen to deal with the situation hoping the club may realise that the fans have had enough in which they may wish to react in a positive manner, by going to the games your not a better fan or love the club more, you are silly in my opinon, the supporters are what make the club, we are the customers, and if the customers aren't happy the business has to react, I see no reaction from hibs. Without being disrespectful to sproule and o'connor they were signings to keep us content, when really they had no better offers.

Wow. That is all.

basehibby
25-07-2011, 08:34 AM

:agree: I thought we played no too bad - if no efforts on target then there were certainly numerous chances carved out for Hibs to score. I can understand the despondency to some extent but feel the OP is clutching at negative straws in an effort to convince himself he's been right to stay away. It was notable that noone was booing at the end - something that woulds have been a racing certainty if the performance was not there at all.

hibsbollah
25-07-2011, 08:41 AM
:agree: I thought we played no too bad - if no efforts on target then there were certainly numerous chances carved out for Hibs to score. I can understand the despondency to some extent but feel the OP is clutching at negative straws in an effort to convince himself he's been right to stay away. It was notable that noone was booing at the end - something that woulds have been a racing certainty if the performance was not there at all. Agree. Performance was better than i'd feared, and the first half especially gives some grounds for optimism.

Stevie Reid
25-07-2011, 08:59 AM
Silly season on Hibs.net continues, a gloating thread title after a defeat and another poster insulting fans who went to the game. The OP is rightly getting a shoeing, how he can defend his position after the thread title is beyond me - and he then claims that the title was flippant, despite his opening post containing a number of considered points. I don't think the thread title was flippant, it was an accurate summary of his post, he also mentions how happy is he in the post itself, not just the title. Very, very poor.

With regards to the game, being on the negative side you could say that we created nothing and were very poor in the second half; being on the positive side you could say that we were much better organised than last year, and the effort and commitment of the players could not be faulted - played some nice stuff at times with no cutting edge.

Somewhere in the middle is the truth, I thought it was something to build on but there is no doubt that we need more quality in, pronto.

Tricla
25-07-2011, 09:05 AM

This describes your post.

:bye:

Tricla
25-07-2011, 09:07 AM
Silly season on Hibs.net continues, a gloating thread title after a defeat and another poster insulting fans who went to the game. The OP is rightly getting a shoeing, how he can defend his position after the thread title is beyond me - and he then claims that the title was flippant, despite his opening post containing a number of considered points. I don't think the thread title was flippant, it was an accurate summary of his post, he also mentions how happy is he in the post itself, not just the title. Very, very poor.

With regards to the game, being on the negative side you could say that we created nothing and were very poor in the second half; being on the positive side you could say that we were much better organised than last year, and the effort and commitment of the players could not be faulted - played some nice stuff at times with no cutting edge.

Somewhere in the middle is the truth, I thought it was something to build on but there is no doubt that we need more quality in, pronto.

This is how I saw it too. I didn't feel there was much between the two sides for long spells of the game.

lapsedhibee
25-07-2011, 09:53 AM

:bitchy: I don't see how you could be confused on page 3 when essex made it quite clear on page 1:

Liberal Hibby
25-07-2011, 10:01 AM

We're at least a new forward (in addition to Sodje) away from our finished first team. And improving performances isn't just about new players.

Albion Hibs
25-07-2011, 10:06 AM

Who were the four first team players out of interest?

brog
25-07-2011, 10:23 AM
Moving slightly away from the OP I really don't think the match stats necessarily provide the whole picture. I really can't remember any save by Stack other than the pen. Of course our " no shot " stat is embarrassing but I also believe the 2 clearest cut chances of game were created by Hibs, Sproule's opportunity through the middle & GOC's fresh air effort. I also thought GOC was well onside later in the game when clear, astonishingly :wink: Sky chose not to replay that one!
I'm not a happy clapper & I'm as disappointed as anyone with what's happened over the summer & in last 2 or 3 seasons but that does not excuse exultation, whether it be for not buying a season or in the fact Hibs got gubbed.

Twa Cairpets
25-07-2011, 11:01 AM

Ive read the thread, and essentially you are haappy that you've decided not to commit to a ST, presumably when you are in a position to do so.

Whatever your reason - mates dropping off, disenchantment, etc - thats up to you, but the thing thats got on my tits about your post is the gloating smugness of it. Great for you, youve decided that you dont care enough to get an ST. It doesnt make you some type of principled protester or martyr to the greater cause. It means youve decided not to go to as many games, or give the club your money, which is entirely fine, thats your choice.

It should not make you feel good. If you dont care about supporting the team, then, frankly, your opinion doesnt really count anymore.

Sammy7nil
25-07-2011, 11:22 AM
Ive read the thread, and essentially you are haappy that you've decided not to commit to a ST, presumably when you are in a position to do so.

Whatever your reason - mates dropping off, disenchantment, etc - thats up to you, but the thing thats got on my tits about your post is the gloating smugness of it. Great for you, youve decided that you dont care enough to get an ST. It doesnt make you some type of principled protester or martyr to the greater cause. It means youve decided not to go to as many games, or give the club your money, which is entirely fine, thats your choice.

It should not make you feel good. If you dont care about supporting the team, then, frankly, your opinion doesnt really count anymore.

Lots of assumptions in there but at least you took the time to read the thread before posting a thing most others dont do and choose to read only the lines they they want to. The post was most certainly not an atempt at smuggness and I did not take the decision lightly, this is something I have thought about for a while.
It does not make me feel good in any way about Hibs but I am happy I will not have sit through what CC thinks is football.

CC set the team up for 0 - 0 Celtic scored game plan out of the window and GAME OVER.
I have watched CC's teams out played, out fought and out thought by Hamilton (Twice) Aberdeen who had not won in 10 and to me he has done NOTHING to prove he is capable of turning things around.

As I said I am sad about our sorry state.

Sammy7nil
25-07-2011, 11:27 AM

Sorry but where was I gloating and where did I insult fans that went to the game?
Please at least read the thread if you want to slag me off.
I did have considered points as I am very unhappy about the state Hibs are in, I did not take the decision lightly and after the game on Sunday Yes I am pleased I did not get a season ticket.

I have NO CONFIDENCE in the manager at all and his style of play to date is abysmal.

The board seem to have no idea how frustrated fans are and no plan to turn things around.

Stevie Reid
25-07-2011, 11:34 AM
Sorry but where was I gloating and where did I insult fans that went to the game?
I did have considered points as I am very unhappy about the state Hibs are in, I did not take the decision lightly and after the game on Sunday Yes I am pleased I did not get a season ticket.

I have NO CONFIDENCE in the manager at all and his style of play to date is abysmal.

The board seem to have no idea how frustrated fans are and no plan to turn things around.

If you read MY post, you will see that I didn't say that you insulted the fans, and that it was another poster.

Regardless, your choice of thread title is really bad and you will notice that I haven't slagged you off - I just disagree with what you've done and how you've gone about it.

Ray_
25-07-2011, 11:41 AM

Where did you find this smugness, I read frustration in the OP, a description that currently describes a great number of us who used to enjoy watching our club?

Twa Cairpets
25-07-2011, 11:42 AM
Lots of assumptions in there but at least you took the time to read the thread before posting a thing most others dont do and choose to read only the lines they they want to. The post was most certainly not an atempt at smuggness and I did not take the decision lightly, this is something I have thought about for a while.
It does not make me feel good in any way about Hibs but I am happy I will not have sit through what CC thinks is football.

CC set the team up for 0 - 0 Celtic scored game plan out of the window and GAME OVER.
I have watched CC's teams out played, out fought and out thought by Hamilton (Twice) Aberdeen who had not won in 10 and to me he has done NOTHING to prove he is capable of turning things around.

As I said I am sad about our sorry state.

I didnt make any assumptions at all as far as I can see.

Whether or not you meant it to come over as smug, it did.

Sammy7nil
25-07-2011, 11:47 AM
If you read MY post, you will see that I didn't say that you insulted the fans, and that it was another poster.

Regardless, your choice of thread title is really bad and you will notice that I haven't slagged you off - I just disagree with what you've done and how you've gone about it.

Stevie the thread title maybe be bad, but if you read the post it starts as Marvin would say, quoting the guy from the "Scheme" it was flippant and was meant to be funny that has back fired. I am always reminded you cannot be sure the recipient will appreciate humour in an e-mail.

I still stand by the content though I am pleased I have not bought a ST if people think that is terrible so be it.

Scouse Hibee
25-07-2011, 11:47 AM

:faf: Practice what you preach!

Sammy7nil
25-07-2011, 11:51 AM
:faf: Practice what you preach!

Well said :greengrin
But people are posting Iam gloating and smug just nonsense really.
People pick out the points they want and twist them to suit their agenda.

Ray_
25-07-2011, 11:52 AM
I didnt make any assumptions at all as far as I can see.

Whether or not you meant it to come over as smug, it did.

I think the ones who read it being as smug are the ones who wanted to read it that way!

Sammy7nil
25-07-2011, 11:56 AM
I think the ones who read it being as smug are the ones who wanted to read it that way!
n
Cheers Ray
It was a in hidsight a silly title but I did not intend smugness or gloating.
Anyone who knows me will know I am as sad as the next Hibby at this terrible time for Hibs.

Albion Hibs
25-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Stevie the thread title maybe be bad, but if you read the post it starts as Marvin would say, quoting the guy from the "Scheme" it was flippant and was meant to be funny that has back fired. I am always reminded you cannot be sure the recipient will appreciate humour in an e-mail.

I still stand by the content though I am pleased I have not bought a ST if people think that is terrible so be it.

Does that mean you are no longer "delighted" or "so happy".

If you cant see how it could be percieved as smug you want to get yourself back to school. A thread was started by someone who is supposed to be a fellow fan - titled "Could not be Happier" - this was put up on the message board around the same time many fans who spent their hard earned money and time will have got back from the game. A fair few, like me, who actually felt slightly encouraged after the game, only to log on to see someone stating they could not be happier they did not buy a seaso ticket before sticking a few in at the players and manager, the same ones that those who turned up had been supporting and cheering on.

If you cant see how that is seen as smug, by lets be honest, almost everyone that has posted on this thread then you want to have a word with yourself.

Stevie Reid
25-07-2011, 11:59 AM

I did read the post, and the entire thread before I posted myself, I think that's obvious. I have stated on a number of different threads that I can understand why people haven't bought STs for a number of reasons - I don't like it, but I can't really blame people.

I have no idea who Marvin from The Scheme is - all I saw was a thread entitled "Couldn't be happier" after a Hibs defeat, and a first post containing the sentence "I have not renewed my ST and after that today I am so happy I did not give in to my heart."

Your title can't be flippant when the same sentiment is expressed in the post following it - and giving in to your heart implies that the decision was a difficult one for you (and I can believe it was), but stating that you were happy with your decision after Hibs lost the game will be hard for many people to see past, rather understandably.

With regards to the rest of your posts - yes, you have many concerns about Hibs, so do myself and many others who have bought a season ticket. In fact I don't know anyone who's happy with Hibs at the moment.

Twa Cairpets
25-07-2011, 12:01 PM
Where did you find this smugness, I read frustration in the OP, a description that currently describes a great number of us who used to enjoy watching our club?

I have not renewed my ST and after that today I am so happy I did not give in to my heart

That reads as smug to me.

Frustration is one thing, but being actively happy to not have supported (in both a financial and vocal sense) is bizarre. People stop going to games for all kinds of reasons, and all are valid. However, I do think that when you stop caring enough to stop going (when you are in a position to do so), you forfeit the right to complain about whats going on. Its like people who dont vote complaining about the politicians they get. I dont see any benefit in the OP whatsoever other than to claim some kind of non-existent or obscure moral high ground.

Ray_
25-07-2011, 12:23 PM
Does that mean you are no longer "delighted" or "so happy".

If you cant see how it could be percieved as smug you want to get yourself back to school. A thread was started by someone who is supposed to be a fellow fan - titled "Could not be Happier" - this was put up on the message board around the same time many fans who spent their hard earned money and time will have got back from the game. A fair few, like me, who actually felt slightly encouraged after the game, only to log on to see someone stating they could not be happier they did not buy a seaso ticket before sticking a few in at the players and manager, the same ones that those who turned up had been supporting and cheering on.

If you cant see how that is seen as smug, by lets be honest, almost everyone that has posted on this thread then you want to have a word with yourself.

What about the ones who left with 20 minutes to go, are they as happy as you? There's also been plentywho went to the game that's not happy.

Reading some of the guff you have come out with, I'd be surprised if you ever went!

Ray_
25-07-2011, 12:25 PM

I have not renewed my ST and after that today I am so happy I did not give in to my heart

Frustration is one thing, but being actively happy to not have supported (in both a financial and vocal sense) is bizarre. People stop going to games for all kinds of reasons, and all are valid. However, I do think that when you stop caring enough to stop going (when you are in a position to do so), you forfeit the right to complain about whats going on. Its like people who dont vote complaining about the politicians they get. I dont see any benefit in the OP whatsoever other than to claim some kind of non-existent or obscure moral high ground.

It doesn't read as smug to me, the clue is in what his heart wants & like me & countless more, it is to go ER & be entertained most weeks, not be put off because of being subjected to the garbage currently on offer.

Twa Cairpets
25-07-2011, 12:36 PM
It doesn't read as smug to me, the clue is in what his heart wants & like me & countless more, it is to go ER & be entertained most weeks, not be put off because of being subjected to the garbage currently on offer.

Different opinions, thats all. Whats smug to me (and others) isn't smug to you (and others).

Of course I want to be entertained. Who in there right mind wouldnt want to be? I just happen to believe that if youre a long standing attender of games at ER, the fair on offer at the moment is not dramatically different from the average levels we've had over the last 40-odd years that Ive been going. I defy anyone to claim that the yesterdays performance was any worse than some of the stuff seen under Hughes, Mixu, Miller, Duffy, Bertie Auld or Williamson.

Would I like it to be better? Yes. Do I think we have some glaringly obvious issues? Yes. Do I think not going to games, even as poor as some of them are at the moment would make me happier than attending? No, of course not, and if it did I wouldnt post about it.

Ray_
25-07-2011, 01:10 PM
Different opinions, thats all. Whats smug to me (and others) isn't smug to you (and others).

Of course I want to be entertained. Who in there right mind wouldnt want to be? I just happen to believe that if youre a long standing attender of games at ER, the fair on offer at the moment is not dramatically different from the average levels we've had over the last 40-odd years that Ive been going. I defy anyone to claim that the yesterdays performance was any worse than some of the stuff seen under Hughes, Mixu, Miller, Duffy, Bertie Auld or Williamson.

Would I like it to be better? Yes. Do I think we have some glaringly obvious issues? Yes. Do I think not going to games, even as poor as some of them are at the moment would make me happier than attending? No, of course not, and if it did I wouldnt post about it.

I think what is different now is the fact we had a great platform to kick on from & from there we neglected the most important factor of the club, the team.

We, as a club & a support, are paying a high price for the decisions taken by the board, as we are being seriously hit financially, because of the apathy built up over the last few years and the supporters suffer, through having been put over the edge & having to refrain from a past time that meant so much to them [myself included].

Sammy7nil
25-07-2011, 01:38 PM

If you think my post was smug (which I have explained it was not) then that comment is simply Arrogant. This is a site to post your comments / thoughts on Hibs. Last time I looked you did not have to go to the games in order to do so.

Twa Cairpets
25-07-2011, 02:20 PM
If you think my post was smug (which I have explained it was not) then that comment is simply Arrogant. This is a site to post your comments / thoughts on Hibs. Last time I looked you did not have to go to the games in order to do so.

I think it was smug, you might not have intended it to be so, but it is how it read to me (and many others).

My point may be arrogant -and I suppose to an extent it is - but I still belive it to be valid. I'd have to question why if youre disenchated enough not to bother to go to the game then why you could be bothered to post a massively negative post on a forum if not for some form of self congratulatory joy.

lapsedhibee
25-07-2011, 02:32 PM
Philosophical debate now about what constitutes "smugness" and "arrogance". All this in a thread started by a biff/baff/buffoon. Whodathunkit? :greengrin

Darth Hibbie
25-07-2011, 02:37 PM

:top marks Spot on, I have seen considerably worse games in my time watching Hibs.

Jonnyboy
25-07-2011, 08:33 PM
:bitchy: I don't see how you could be confused on page 3 when essex made it quite clear on page 1:

I was confused because Essex used the word 'baffoon' when I'm pretty sure he meant 'buffoon'

Hope that's not confused you too much :wink:

Lucius Apuleius
26-07-2011, 05:51 AM
I was accused of having boufon hair at the breakfast buffet today:grr::brickwall

Who pronounces buffet as boofy?

lapsedhibee
26-07-2011, 06:25 AM
I was accused of having boufon hair at the breakfast buffet today:grr:

Were you angry at the misspelling or the buftie implication?
:dunno:

Lucius Apuleius
26-07-2011, 07:08 AM
Were you angry at the misspelling or the buftie implication?
:dunno:

I was raging!!!! In fact I was apoplectic with rage seeping out of every pore in my body now I think about it more.

CRAZYHIBBY
26-07-2011, 08:30 AM

A fair post and opinion...........cant disagree with anything you have said

dangermouse
26-07-2011, 09:34 AM

If you put your mind into gear and think about it for a second, if it wasn't for the diehards you wouldn't have a team to support. How can the club betray you or let you down when you haven't contributed to them. :confused:

GoldenMeerkat
26-07-2011, 09:47 AM
Our only saving grace this season will be that Dunfermline look marginally worse than us. Unfortunately for Hibs fans it looks like it's going to be one long long season.

:monkey: