PDA

View Full Version : 2nd goal

Stewboy
24-07-2011, 02:36 PM
If you watch the build up again to the 2nd goal stokes (I think) plays a through ball to the full back who is offside, blocked then gets the ball back then plays it inside

Should the flag have not gone up? Or the fact the through ball never made it not matter with the revised offside?

O'Rourke3
24-07-2011, 03:13 PM
Guy offside - if he was - not interfering/active. Real problem came when Stevenson gave the ball away, unfortunately.

malcky
24-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Guy offside - if he was - not interfering/active. Real problem came when Stevenson gave the ball away, unfortunately.

stevenson had a couple of slack passes leading to that error,could see it coming

silverhibee
24-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Anyone think Stack could have done better for the second goal.

Westie1875
24-07-2011, 03:52 PM

I thought so at the time but I'd like to see it again.

jdships
24-07-2011, 03:54 PM
stevenson had a couple of slack passes leading to that error,could see it coming

:rolleyes:

LeithBoozy
24-07-2011, 04:31 PM
There is no way you can blame Stack for the seconed goal, the guy hit sweet as a nut, right into the bottom corner. :confused:

brog
24-07-2011, 04:36 PM
Yes I thought at time it was unfortunate that Hanlon? made a great block & it worked against us. Celtc player was well off if ball had gone through. I also agree re Stevenson's error, I posted elsewhere I was surprised to see him start & though he played some decent stuff 1st half he was an accident waiting to happen. Re the keeper my first thought was he could have done better but I reappraised after watching the replays.

Purehibee_MYB
24-07-2011, 04:36 PM

Thought that at first, but looking back it comes through a cluster of players, must have seen it late

Big Frank
24-07-2011, 08:01 PM
Yes,he must have seen it late.There's no other reasonable explanation unless you include a lack of athleticism in not being able to get down to the bottom corners.

that was my thoughts too. An accurate but not hard shot...

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-07-2011, 08:07 PM
No sure that we would want to look too much at where Celtc should have been given offside.

Danderhall Hibs
24-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Yes,he must have seen it late.There's no other reasonable explanation unless you include a lack of athleticism in not being able to get down to the bottom corners.

The save from the penalty and the rebound show there's no lack of athleticism so I think you're right in saying that he must have saw it late.