PDA

View Full Version : Graham Stack...

FromTheCapital
24-07-2011, 01:10 PM
Same as always...Mistake then a great penalty save.
Ah, well, he's done well except from the 1st goal.

:thumbsup:

fife hfc
24-07-2011, 01:13 PM
Stack is usually thw most reliable its a shame he chose today to stuff up.

random sub
24-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Great save from the penalty. He will be good for us this season I hope.

Keith_M
24-07-2011, 01:51 PM
Every goalkeeper will make a mistake, even the really great ones. We can't ask for anything more than a reasonable level of consistency which I think Stack will give.

lucky
24-07-2011, 01:54 PM
Was a gift but really good finish from Stokes. He had very little to do in the game

givescotlandfreedom
24-07-2011, 01:55 PM
He didn't have much to do today. Made a mistake at the goal and IMO redeemed himself with the penalty save and the other goal was a gift from Lewis.

Hermit Crab
24-07-2011, 01:58 PM
He didn't have much to do today. Made a mistake at the goal and IMO redeemed himself with the penalty save and the other goal was a gift from Lewis.

:agree: I agree GSF. I reckon the sun maybe got in his eyes for the first goal. If was a howler just the same but good double save with the pen made up for it IMO. Give the gloves to stack against Inverness next week.

down-the-slope
24-07-2011, 02:32 PM
I think you are all being kind to him..was a real howler that would have had other previous keepers given pelters. At all of the corners they had he got himself behind a defender and an attacker making it impossible to claim the ball...any strike on goal and he was in no position to make a save.

Great save from pen save and does communicate better than some.

Hainan Hibs
24-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Fantastic to see that Stack has acquired the support of the Deano fan club and can do no wrong:thumbsup:

GreenPJ
24-07-2011, 03:10 PM

Lewis had a poor second half after a very good first half and whilst he played the ball against a Celtic player on the lead up to the second goal there were 3 people should have closed the Ki lad down before he got a strike away. If O'Hanlon had still been on the pitch I don't think they would have scored that goal.

TornadoHibby
24-07-2011, 04:54 PM

He's never been confident or good at coming out for crosses and the cross today should have been easy for even a schoolboy keeper IMO! :confused:

essexhibee
24-07-2011, 05:09 PM
I still love ya stacky!!

PeterboroHibee
24-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Was poor by Stack, I thought we were doing quite well up until then too. Good save on the penalty and not much he could have done for the second.

I do like him, he is usually quite dependable but Id rather it was him and another keeper at the club, dont think theres too much competition from Brown.

fife hfc
24-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Every keeper will make a howler at some point and today wS Stacks. The good thing was he has a strong enough character to bounce back and forget about it. Previous incumbents of the gk jersey crumbled aftet such a mistake but Stack did not. Christ Mcgregor, kello and even gks such as Casillas have made mistakes but if a Hibs gk makes one it is the end of the world.

Stacks record speaks for it self and one mistake does not change the fact that he is a good steady gk. If these mistakes happen again and again then have a go, but hysteria ususally rules on here so why would common sense prevail.

Hibs Class
24-07-2011, 06:29 PM

Same as always? You must be watching a different Stack - the one I see is generally pretty reliable and is hardly a calamity like some of our other recent keepers. Consensus view on here, which I share, is that he's the best keeper at the club.

blackpoolhibs
24-07-2011, 06:31 PM
If Stack did this every week i'd be worried, but he keeps mistakes down to the bare minimum and should be cut a little slack accordingly.

Seanair
24-07-2011, 06:43 PM

Sorry to disagree with you, but IMO he did NOT redeem himself. Saving the penalty meant we lost only 2 goals, not 3, but we still lost. To gift the first goal which changed the complexion of the game was far worse. Up to that time I thought Celtic were poor.

Of course his save might mean we are not relegated on goal difference next May, in which case I might agree with you then:wink:.

DH1875
24-07-2011, 08:31 PM
WTF is it with our Goalie's eh? Let's just hope it's a one off. Other than the mistake I thought he looked OK today and penalty save was top notch.

Pedantic_Hibee
24-07-2011, 08:33 PM
Stack gives me more confidence than the last 5 incumbents of the jersey combined. He made an error but he bounced back from it.

Goalkeeping School folk ken whit's gaun oan :agree:

marinello59
24-07-2011, 08:37 PM
Every player makes mistakes, unfortunately keepers ones are magnified. A shame it happened but c'est la vie.
Great penalty save. :thumbsup:

R'Albin
24-07-2011, 08:38 PM
Stack gives me more confidence than the last 5 incumbents of the jersey combined. He made an error but he bounced back from it.

Goalkeeping School folk ken whit's gaun oan :agree:

:agree::greengrin

Judas Iscariot
24-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Fantastic to see that Stack has acquired the support of the Deano fan club and can do no wrong:thumbsup: If only we had a player of DS's class, craft, skill & creativity at Hibs just now..

Mango Man
24-07-2011, 09:52 PM
I like Stack, I've always said he needs to come of his line more though, I was even saying to myself for that cross, and then that happens :doh:

He'll do us good.

hibbytam
24-07-2011, 10:37 PM
Was dire today. Gave them 2 goals.

R'Albin
24-07-2011, 11:08 PM
Was dire today. Gave them 2 goals. No way was the second his fault! He played well blunder apart today, communicated well, anything he had to deal with afterwards he was comfortable, also stunning double save from the pen :agree: