PDA

View Full Version : NHC ManUre in for Joey Barton?

Iggy Pope
24-07-2011, 09:37 AM
NHC of course and deflecting away from today's forthcoming visit of the LG's........according to this morning's Times, Ferguson weighing up a surprise bid for Joey Barton! Looks like he wants a bit of experience and cover in his engine room

Might come to nothing of course, but I wonder what the Hibs.NetManUcrew would make of that (quote) 'odious vicious little thug' joining their ranks.....?
:hmmm:

jonty
24-07-2011, 09:42 AM
Man City moving to Man Utd (via Newcastle). :hmmm: that would wind a few of them up (on both sides)

If there's a manager that can get him to screw the nut then it's Fergie.

Don't think it would last long though.

frazeHFC
24-07-2011, 09:44 AM
I hope he doesn't join as i like seeing Fletcher at such a high level.

But the title is heading to Anfield this season. :flag:

joe breezy
24-07-2011, 10:14 AM
It's a shame that on a Hibs forum Hibs fans use insulting terms for clubs outside the Scottish border that have no hatred towards Hibs.

There are some English clubs that don't like Hibs: Chelsea and Millwall perhaps but even they don't 'hate' us.

I would say the same if someone kept posting insults for Liverpool or Newcastle.

It's supposed to be a Hibs forum. Fair enough to post stuff about football in other countries but it seems infantile to resort to petty insults.

We should be focusing on Celtic today instead of name calling a team that isn't massively different to Hibs in terms of heritage.

frazeHFC
24-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Why would Chelsea hate us?

Woody1985
24-07-2011, 11:29 AM
Seems to me like barton has screwed the nut. Stopped drinking etc.

Still rough on the pitch.

joe breezy
24-07-2011, 11:34 AM
Why would Chelsea hate us? They love Rangers and like Hearts which perhaps gives a clue, go to Stamford Bridge and see how many Chelsea / Rangers scarves you see..

I've got a few mates that support Chelsea and can't be bothered with all that stuff but equally there are plenty who don't like Hibs

joe breezy
24-07-2011, 12:58 PM
With regards to Barton I think he'd be a good signing based on what my Toon supporting mate tells me. He says Barton has been immense for them.
He's done some bad things off the pitch but seems to be better behaved now. I'm all for people bettering themselves as people.

Iggy Pope
25-07-2011, 09:18 PM
It's a shame that on a Hibs forum Hibs fans use insulting terms for clubs outside the Scottish border that have no hatred towards Hibs.

There are some English clubs that don't like Hibs: Chelsea and Millwall perhaps but even they don't 'hate' us.

I would say the same if someone kept posting insults for Liverpool or Newcastle.

It's supposed to be a Hibs forum. Fair enough to post stuff about football in other countries but it seems infantile to resort to petty insults.

We should be focusing on Celtic today instead of name calling a team that isn't massively different to Hibs in terms of heritage.

The thread is prefixed NHC. Non-Hibs-Connected. Behave yersel'.

Dirkster23
25-07-2011, 09:27 PM
There ye go, I always thought it was no hibs content!