PDA

View Full Version : Credit to Rod Petrie

Hibbyradge
24-07-2011, 08:14 AM
No-one seems to have given any credit to him, but Rod Petire should be congratulated for fighting off 2 clubs with Premiership ambitions who wanted to steal our manager.

That's a real significant success.

So much for the argument that he'd bend over just to get compensation money.

Callum_62
24-07-2011, 08:17 AM
:thumbsup::not worth

"yesterdays man"

horrible insult.

Bob Box Fish
24-07-2011, 08:23 AM
Time will tell if it was the correct action. Very rare someone reaches their full potential when they do not want to be there.

All the behind the scenes shannanigans is likely the reason why we line up for our opener without a RB or fit striker.

If GOC plays up front on his own, given his fitness levels you are looking at maybe 60-70min out of him then what?

Leith Green
24-07-2011, 08:26 AM
No-one seems to have given any credit to him, but Rod Petire should be congratulated for fighting off 2 clubs with Premiership ambitions who wanted to steal our manager.

This is a wind up right?

Don Giovanni
24-07-2011, 08:29 AM
No-one seems to have given any credit to him, but Rod Petire should be congratulated for fighting off 2 clubs with Premiership ambitions who wanted to steal our manager.That's a real significant success.So much for the argument that he'd bend over just to get compensation money. Rod has rejected the advances of two Championship clubs for our manager. Whether or not that was the correct decision remains to be seen. We'll find out at the end of the season.

Judas Iscariot
24-07-2011, 08:36 AM
Pity he hasn't tried so hard to keep players that didn't want to stay..

Ray_
24-07-2011, 08:37 AM
This is a wind up right? :greengrin:agree:

matty_f
24-07-2011, 08:43 AM
Pity he hasn't tried so hard to keep players that didn't want to stay.. Like fletcher, jones, murphy, boozy, brown who we knocked back bids for because the manager didn't want to sell them until it suited hibs?

Kaiser1962
24-07-2011, 08:44 AM

Wasting your time mate.

He gets slagged either way.

stokesmessiah
24-07-2011, 08:48 AM
Like fletcher, jones, murphy, boozy, brown who we knocked back bids for because the manager didn't want to sell them until it suited hibs?

Don't let that get in the way of a good unfounded moan though Matty !!! :wink:

The Falcon
24-07-2011, 08:52 AM
Rod has rejected the advances of two Championship clubs for our manager. Whether or not that was the correct decision remains to be seen. We'll find out at the end of the season.

In the meantime you'll sit on the fence till it all unfolds before telling us whether he was right or wrong? :greengrin

jonty
Time will tell if it was the correct action. Very rare someone reaches their full potential when they do not want to be there.
Speculation. All he's done is admit he looked at two job offers - doesn't mean he wants to leave hibs - and in the past week has openly committed his future to hibs.

All the behind the scenes shannanigans is likely the reason why we line up for our opener without a RB or fit striker.
Speculation and again denied by the manager and the players. One deal has fallen through because the manager walked away from it, the other is on hold until paperwork gets done.

If GOC plays up front on his own, given his fitness levels you are looking at maybe 60-70min out of him then what?
The we have a youngster who will no doubt relish 20-30 mins on the park in front of a home crowd and tv audience.

cocopops1875
Pity he hasn't tried so hard to keep players that didn't want to stay..

If a player wants to leave they do generally ;-)

jonty
24-07-2011, 08:55 AM
Speculation - Has he told them the compensation figure (if there was one) or was it a flat out no?

In creating a bit of stability - yes. Only significant if the working relationship hasn't been harmed (speculation on my part)

northgreen24
24-07-2011, 08:59 AM
if he let calderwood go we are a club rolling over backwards at the first sign of money. now he keeps him it is petries fault that the manager wants away and pertrie is yestardays man ???????

who would be RP not me thats for sure.

:hibees

down-the-slope
24-07-2011, 09:02 AM

:greengrin
Hibs.net in positive thread shocker

Also you missed Ivan & Gary...idea they could be signed ridiculed....now its done...ah well they only came because of ER connections :rolleyes:

Wilson
24-07-2011, 09:07 AM
if he let calderwood go we are a club rolling over backwards at the first sign of money. now he keeps him it is petries fault that the manager wants away and pertrie is yestardays man ???????

who would be RP not me thats for sure.

:hibees

I'm sure there would have been some people praising Petrie for getting rid of a dud manager for a profit. There is never a consensus opinion and you cannot please everyone.

Football is about results on the park though. We are about to find out whether we were right to keep Calderwood and just where Petrie's stewardship has brought us...

I wouldn't want to be RP either.

Hibbyradge
24-07-2011, 09:11 AM
Speculation - Has he told them the compensation figure (if there was one) or was it a flat out no?

In creating a bit of stability - yes. Only significant if the working relationship hasn't been harmed (speculation on my part)

I'm not speculating, you are.

According to Hibs statement, it was a flat out no. And an angry one at that.

Forza Fred
24-07-2011, 09:21 AM

You are Fife Hyland and I claim heh five pounds!!:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

jonty
24-07-2011, 09:29 AM

I didn't speculate, I asked a question :wink:

In that case - no speculation and an angry refusal.

Clearly the current leadership hasn't given up then. :agree:

MrSmith
24-07-2011, 09:30 AM
It aint over til the fat brummy sings!

Kaiser1962
24-07-2011, 09:33 AM

It was a flat out no.

The speculation surrounds if there was/is a release clause then an offer of that amount would have triggered it and there would have been little Hibs could have done about it. Either it dosent exist or the amount offered didnt trigger it. Thats the speculative part.

Don Giovanni
24-07-2011, 10:31 AM
In the meantime you'll sit on the fence till it all unfolds before telling us whether he was right or wrong? :greengrin Rather than pre-judge the situation before a baws been kicked and proclaim it as a "significant success"? Yes, I think I'll stay up here on the fence... :greengrin

Hibbyradge
24-07-2011, 10:37 AM
Rather than pre-judge the situation before a baws been kicked and proclaim it as a "significant success"? Yes, I think I'll stay up here on the fence... :greengrin

You're confusing two issues.

Petire has successfully fought off two English clubs who want to take our manager.

The success or failure of the team is entirely a different matter, although, I'm certain the "Petrie should have got rid of him when he had the chance" posts are already prepared in the usual suspects' heads.

FromTheCapital
24-07-2011, 10:51 AM
at least we've got a ******* manager...

Sammy7nil
24-07-2011, 12:03 PM

I take ir this is a wind up ?

We now have a manager in place who is willing to commit his future until todays game, saying "things can change we just have to wait and see but at this time I am Hibs manager."

If ANYONE thinks that is positive they need help.

francobaresi
24-07-2011, 01:19 PM

He's not fighting them off he's holding them off until the right moment to get the maximum compo... He's a business man, he can get another manager...

sesoim
24-07-2011, 01:34 PM

I'd give him credit if he was fighting tooth and nail to keep a good manager. As it is, he's fighting tooth and nail to keep another one of his poor managerial appointments.

Petrie should go now before his footballing decisions completely wipe out all of his good business decisions.

sesoim
24-07-2011, 01:42 PM
He's not fighting them off he's holding them off until the right moment to get the maximum compo... He's a business man, he can get another manager...

:agree: And there are loads of better managers out there, even in the SPL, who could come in and do a better job. And on less wages.

Petrie is only battling to keep CC here because if he goes then Petrie looks bad again. That would be yet another mangerial appointment that hasn't worked out for the club, and that reflects very badly on Petrie.

Hibbyradge
24-07-2011, 02:28 PM
I take ir this is a wind up ?

We now have a manager in place who is willing to commit his future until todays game, saying "things can change we just have to wait and see but at this time I am Hibs manager."

If ANYONE thinks that is positive they need help.

Help!

Cropley10
24-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Should Mr Petrie also be congratulated for making sure we'd got Junior Agogo signed. And also for the rest of CCs targets we've brought in since the close season.

Back him or let him go. Instead we do neither.

AlbertK86
24-07-2011, 03:27 PM
Aye credit to ROD for all the backing to get quality players in. We've got what he's prepared to pay for going on today's evidence. Decidedly average all over the park bar young booth. No doubt rod will be rubbing his hands at the future transfer fee. Get some quality in and then he might get credit. We all know that won't happen with this egotistical buffoon in charge

Hibbyradge
24-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Aye credit to ROD for all the backing to get quality players in. We've got what he's prepared to pay for going on today's evidence. Decidedly average all over the park bar young booth. No doubt rod will be rubbing his hands at the future transfer fee. Get some quality in and then he might get credit. We all know that won't happen with this egotistical buffoon in charge

Where do we get the money from?

Curly1875
24-07-2011, 03:35 PM
No-one seems to have given any credit to him, but Rod Petire should be congratulated for fighting off 2 clubs with Premiership ambitions who wanted to steal our manager.That's a real significant success.So much for the argument that he'd bend over just to get compensation money. Come on Rod give it up, we all know its you

Ray_
24-07-2011, 03:40 PM

Do we credit him with the lost revenue from people being brassed off with Hibs?

AlbertK86
24-07-2011, 03:45 PM
Where do we get the money from? Wot about the money we took in for stokes bamba zemmama and the wages we have saved from the thirteen players or so we got rid of. Millions in from player sales over the last few years and we still cannae match st johnstone ! Hibbyradge if you think that is acceptable then so be it. All about opinions after all. Will you still credit him when our threadbare squad is struggling in a relegation battle. Not so sure CC will still be here in a few weeks time. Those deals ain't dead yet.

Hibbyradge
24-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Wot about the money we took in for stokes bamba zemmama and the wages we have saved from the thirteen players or so we got rid of. Millions in from player sales over the last few years and we still cannae match st johnstone !

Where is that money, if it's not already in the manager's budget?

AlbertK86
24-07-2011, 03:48 PM
you tell me. Maybe yer uncle rod might be able to tell us

Hibbyradge
24-07-2011, 03:52 PM
you tell me. Maybe yer uncle rod might be able to tell us

Excellent point. A real debate winner.

Well done, sir.

down-the-slope
24-07-2011, 03:57 PM
5 Players on the pitch who were not at the club before January...Aye get of yer hooter and sign some players Rod :rolleyes:

AlbertK86
24-07-2011, 05:02 PM
Excellent point. A real debate winner. Well done, sir. If you think the money is in the pot then why is it not getting spent.So i take it rod has said there's all the money we've brought in and saved on players wages and CC has said nah yer awright i'm quite happy with what we've got. I really want a threadbare squad with little quality. Maybe i've got it wrong that CC would want some quality in.

Baldy Foghorn
24-07-2011, 05:07 PM

Aye well done Rod for stifling / suffocating the Club by being more concerned by the books.......

Hibbyradge
24-07-2011, 05:13 PM
If you think the money is in the pot then why is it not getting spent.

I asked you where you thought the money was.

You still haven't answered.

So i take it rod has said there's all the money we've brought in and saved on players wages and CC has said nah yer awright i'm quite happy with what we've got.

Really? That sounds unlikely to me, but I suppose it's a possibility.

I really want a threadbare squad with little quality.

Really? I don't, but it's Hibs we support, so we can't expect superstars.

Maybe i've got it wrong that CC would want some quality in.

Maybe, but I hope you're right. IOt would be a strange manager who didn't.

He's the man who sources the players after all. He's done not too badly so far.

Hibbyradge
24-07-2011, 05:13 PM
Aye well done Rod for stifling / suffocating the Club by being more concerned by the books.......

That has nothing at all to do with my comment. I was talking about the manager situation.

However, what could/should he have done differently?

sahib
24-07-2011, 05:17 PM

Does anyone remember a while back, a yam had a wee rant on here, about Rod and the board hating CC. He said they wouldn't allow him to sign anybody. I thought it was balls at the time but now I am not so sure.:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
24-07-2011, 05:19 PM
That has nothing at all to do with my comment. I was talking about the manager situation.

However, what could/should he have done differently?

If you think RP is doing a good job fine, I think he is killing the Club..... Let's leave it at that....

Beefster
24-07-2011, 05:21 PM

By increasing the revenue. I thought everyone knew that.

Baldy Foghorn
24-07-2011, 05:21 PM
:greengrin
Hibs.net in positive thread shocker

Also you missed Ivan & Gary...idea they could be signed ridiculed....now its done...ah well they only came because of ER connections :rolleyes:

Do you honestly believe GOC and IS were targeted by CC?

Baldy Foghorn
24-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Should Mr Petrie also be congratulated for making sure we'd got Junior Agogo signed. And also for the rest of CCs targets we've brought in since the close season.

Spot on, 1st game at home 1 fit striker....No shots at goal.....Well done to CC and the Board, your footballing genius is shining through

Captain Trips
24-07-2011, 05:45 PM
The club has managed Europe once in last 5 seasons and I cant see this season being anything close to 4th, so we are looking at 1/6 for Europe at best if we finsish 4th 2/6 either way the club has failed to deliver IMO. Petrie has had his credit for what he did well years ago, things have moved on and Rod deserves no credit for the way the football side has gone.

It is a joke the way this football team is run. He should have got punted last year.

Hibbyradge
24-07-2011, 05:49 PM
If you think RP is doing a good job fine, I think he is killing the Club..... Let's leave it at that....

Jeez you're a drama queen sometimes!

He's done well keeping our manager thus far.

Can't you bring yourself to admit that he gets somethings right, or is everything he does automatically bad?

Hibbyradge
24-07-2011, 05:51 PM
Do you honestly believe GOC and IS were targeted by CC?

Spot on, 1st game at home 1 fit striker....No shots at goal.....Well done to CC and the Board, your footballing genius is shining through

Cam you spot the contradiction?

Baldy Foghorn
24-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Jeez you're a drama queen sometimes!

He's done well keeping our manager thus far.

Can't you bring yourself to admit that he gets somethings right, or is everything he does automatically bad?

Keeping a manager here who does not want to be here? Is that progress?

Hibbyradge
24-07-2011, 05:53 PM
The club has managed Europe once in last 5 seasons and I cant see this season being anything close to 4th, so we are looking at 1/6 for Europe at best if we finsish 4th 2/6 either way the club has failed to deliver IMO. Petrie has had his credit for what he did well years ago, things have moved on and Rod deserves no credit for the way the football side has gone.

It is a joke the way this football team is run. He should have got punted last year.

How many times have we qualified for Europe in the last 30 years?

Hibbyradge
Keeping a manager here who does not want to be here? Is that progress?

He does want to be here.

The Modfather
I asked you where you thought the money was.

You still haven't answered.

And I see you failed to reply to Ray In Irelands comment - "Do we credit him with the lost revenue from people being brassed off with Hibs?"

Baldy Foghorn
Cam you spot the contradiction?

Contradiction no, irony yes....... Anyway no point discussing with you, you have given up on Hibs and the SPL:wink:

Beefster
24-07-2011, 05:54 PM
He does want to be here.

"At the moment"

Baldy Foghorn
24-07-2011, 05:54 PM
He does want to be here.

Does he indeed.....

Hibbyradge
24-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Contradiction no, irony yes....... Anyway no point discussing with you, you have given up on Hibs and the SPL:wink:

Yikes, I didn't realise there was a test to pass before you talked to folk.

Ya radge.

Baldy Foghorn
24-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Yikes, I didn't realise there was a test to pass before you talked to folk.

Ya radge.

:tee hee::tee hee: :agree:

Hibbyradge
24-07-2011, 06:02 PM
And I see you failed to reply to Ray In Irelands comment - "Do we credit him with the lost revenue from people being brassed off with Hibs?"

I don't think the standard of football in the SPL is Rod Petrie's fault.

At The Edge
24-07-2011, 06:03 PM
Does he indeed.....
this is from the BBC report on the web from today,

"I'm sure it's been talked about, not that I've heard it or read it because it's not something that really concerns me but what does concern me is a perception that the fans might have," Calderwood said before the defeat to Celtic.
"But they'll listen to people who don't know and I know so I'm alright with it - and the group, it's not affected their training sessions, it's not affected where they think they can go as individuals and as a club.
"If people can't handle honesty or understand that then I wouldn't want to sit and lie if there are opportunities out there.
"But the same opportunities might be that the club doesn't want you.
"At the minute I want to be here and the club want me and that's a terrific situation

now whether hes lying or not, i have no idea, i don't have access to his inner circle of confidants, so i have to go on what i read and make up my own mind, this states to me that he wants to be here at the minute, sure it may change, but right now he wants to be at Hibs.

Beefster
24-07-2011, 06:03 PM
I don't think the standard of football in the SPL is Rod Petrie's fault.

I don't either. What about the standard of Hibs' football?

Hibbyradge
24-07-2011, 06:07 PM
I don't either. What about the standard of Hibs' football?

I thought we played quite well today, particularly in the first half.

Beefster
24-07-2011, 06:09 PM

So did I but apparently there were some decent games in the SPL this weekend so I don't know why anyone is moaning about the standard.

marinello59
24-07-2011, 06:10 PM

We did. At half time i thought we were capable of coming back in to it. Sorry for being so positive.

Hibbyradge
24-07-2011, 06:11 PM
So did I but apparently there were some decent games in the SPL this weekend so I don't know why anyone is moaning about the standard.

Sorry.

Don Giovanni
24-07-2011, 06:14 PM
You're confusing two issues.Petire has successfully fought off two English clubs who want to take our manager.The success or failure of the team is entirely a different matter, although, I'm certain the "Petrie should have got rid of him when he had the chance" posts are already prepared in the usual suspects' heads. Sort of but not really... If I agreed to sell my house for 10p* I could crow about the successful negotiation of the terms and conditions of the sale. However, when I take all of that 10pence to the estate agents and attempt to purchase another house I suspect I will find that my negotiations (although technically successful in reaching a conclusion) have rather let me down. The best I can say about the situation is that RP has given CC tacit backing by fighting to keep him at the club. We'll know by the end of the season, and probably quite a long time before, whether "that is a real significant success". *ma hoose is worth considerably mair than 10p :greengrin

Hibbyradge
24-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Sort of but not really... If I agreed to sell my house for 10p* I could crow about the successful negotiation of the terms and conditions of the sale. However, when I take all of that 10pence to the estate agents and attempt to purchase another house I suspect I will find that my negotiations (although technically successful in reaching a conclusion) have rather let me down. The best I can say about the situation is that RP has given CC tacit backing by fighting to keep him at the club. We'll know by the end of the season, and probably quite a long time before, whether "that is a real significant success". *ma hoose is worth considerably mair than 10p :greengrin

You're a slaver! :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
24-07-2011, 06:19 PM
We did. At half time i thought we were capable of coming back in to it. Sorry for being so positive.

Me too, especially the way we have played in the 2nd half against mighty Falkirk and East Fife, i thought it was only a matter of time until we scored and went on to win the game comfortably. :wink:

Don Giovanni
24-07-2011, 06:25 PM
You're a slaver! :greengrin Ta muchly :agree: Well, this slaver reckons you're a spinner. And whilst I happen to disagree with you on this occasion, I'll grudgingly admit yer quite gid at it... :greengrin

Hibbyradge
24-07-2011, 06:30 PM
Ta muchly :agree: Well, this slaver reckons you're a spinner. And whilst I happen to disagree with you on this occasion, I'll grudgingly admit yer quite gid at it... :greengrin

A spinner? I've not heard that for ages! :thumbsup:

What am I spinning about? :confused:

PS I'll give you 15p for the house.

Captain Trips
24-07-2011, 06:40 PM
How many times have we qualified for Europe in the last 30 years?

Irrelevant, time now to start building on being ahead of all our rivals in various depts. How often in 30yrs we had better infrastucture than majority of league. Maybe harpin back to we never did this or that over years is half problem. Lets build a training center and a Europen ready stadium to not try and kick on from the inconsistant past, no?

matty_f
24-07-2011, 06:42 PM
this is from the BBC report on the web from today,

"I'm sure it's been talked about, not that I've heard it or read it because it's not something that really concerns me but what does concern me is a perception that the fans might have," Calderwood said before the defeat to Celtic.
"But they'll listen to people who don't know and I know so I'm alright with it - and the group, it's not affected their training sessions, it's not affected where they think they can go as individuals and as a club.
"If people can't handle honesty or understand that then I wouldn't want to sit and lie if there are opportunities out there.
"But the same opportunities might be that the club doesn't want you.
"At the minute I want to be here and the club want me and that's a terrific situation

now whether hes lying or not, i have no idea, i don't have access to his inner circle of confidants, so i have to go on what i read and make up my own mind, this states to me that he wants to be here at the minute, sure it may change, but right now he wants to be at Hibs.

And therein lies the biggest problem, IMHO.

Baldy Foghorn
24-07-2011, 06:47 PM
And therein lies the biggest problem, IMHO.

CC is his own biggest problem. If he had come out and committed himself to the club, he would not have to have said what he did Today

matty_f
24-07-2011, 06:49 PM
CC is his own biggest problem. If he had come out and committed himself to the club, he would not have to have said what he did Today

I disagree - he's said a few times that he's happy that he's the Hibs manager, and that he wants to be here.

People hear what they want to hear though, or they (as he says) listen to people who don't know.

Hibbyradge
24-07-2011, 06:53 PM
CC is his own biggest problem. If he had come out and committed himself to the club,

Like McLeish did?

CC's being honest. He doesn't know what's round the corner and if something's worked out between Hibs and BCFC, and it suits him financially, he'll go.

I don't know anyone who wouldn't move job for more money.

Why should a Hibs manager be any different?

And he has said he's happy to be at Hibs.

Don Giovanni
24-07-2011, 07:12 PM
A spinner? I've not heard that for ages! :thumbsup:What am I spinning about? :confused:PS I'll give you 15p for the house. 15p!? Away an' ******!! At least throw in a bag of sweets anaw! I'll hae a wee look inside and if I like what I see we might be able to do a deal. Except that you'll have to agree compensation with the burd first as she holds all the deeds. See what I did there? :greengrin FWIW I think you are trying to spin a positive line out of a sorry episode (which you are perfectly entitled to do, of course). If RP has decided CC is still the man to take this club forward then we need to see him back the manager in the transfer market. Personally, I think we should have had more business done by now. GGTTH

Hibbyradge
24-07-2011, 07:20 PM
15p!? Away an' ******!! At least throw in a bag of sweets anaw! I'll hae a wee look inside and if I like what I see we might be able to do a deal. Except that you'll have to agree compensation with the burd first as she holds all the deeds. See what I did there? :greengrin FWIW I think you are trying to spin a positive line out of a sorry episode (which you are perfectly entitled to do, of course). If RP has decided CC is still the man to take this club forward then we need to see him back the manager in the transfer market. Personally, I think we should have had more business done by now. GGTTH

You're not far wrong. There's a positive in everything.

I think the manager is being backed though. I think we've backed every manager, tbh.

BEEJ
24-07-2011, 07:28 PM
Like McLeish did?

CC's being honest. He doesn't know what's round the corner and if something's worked out between Hibs and BCFC, and it suits him financially, he'll go.

I don't know anyone who wouldn't move job for more money.

Why should a Hibs manager be any different?

And he has said he's happy to be at Hibs.
If one was to define the vast spectrum of managers' fidelity to their current football club, you couldn't do much worse than use, on the one hand:

"I'm here for as long as you want me...." (as per McLeish, but stated genuinely)

and on the other:

"At the minute I want to be here...." (as per CC).

You can't get much more short-term than "at the minute". :greengrin

And we seem to forget that the recent head-hunting of CC has been for No. 2 posts, not Managers' posts.

Hibbyradge
24-07-2011, 07:35 PM
If one was to define the vast spectrum of managers' fidelity to their current football club, you couldn't do much worse than use, on the one hand:

"I'm here for as long as you want me...." (as per McLeish, but stated genuinely)

and on the other:

And we seem to forget that the recent head-hunting of CC has been for No. 2 posts, not Managers' posts.

Hmm. On the face of it, you make a strong point.

However, the No.2 posts offer him twice as much cash and the possibility of future EPL status.

Manage Hibs or be the No.2 of an EPL side earning vast sums?

:dunno:

Baldy Foghorn
24-07-2011, 07:47 PM

However, the No.2 posts offer him twice as much cash and the possibility of future EPL status.

Depends if you want to be your own man or not?

Baldy Foghorn
24-07-2011, 07:48 PM
I disagree - he's said a few times that he's happy that he's the Hibs manager, and that he wants to be here.

People hear what they want to hear though, or they (as he says) listen to people who don't know.

At the minute.......Hardly committment is it?

Baldy Foghorn
24-07-2011, 07:48 PM

and on the other:

Good points Beej

BEEJ
24-07-2011, 07:50 PM

It's all been said before; but he came to us from a No. 2 post in the EPL, the lure being that he wanted to step up to the challenge of being the leader of a side and to call the shots.

Now, less than a year on, it looks like if Birmingham met the right price he would be away down there like a shot to be their No. 2 - in the Championship, no less. :confused: It is, to say the least, a bit weird.

I like the guy. I just don't think he is comfortable in the job.

Kaiser1962
24-07-2011, 08:25 PM

Thats a bit harsh, the same could be said for Craig Whyte at Ibrox as McCoist has missed out on a good few and very publicly at that.

I knew we could not agree for ever:greengrin

Kaiser1962
24-07-2011, 08:38 PM
Sort of but not really... If I agreed to sell my house for 10p* I could crow about the successful negotiation of the terms and conditions of the sale. However, when I take all of that 10pence to the estate agents and attempt to purchase another house I suspect I will find that my negotiations (although technically successful in reaching a conclusion) have rather let me down. The best I can say about the situation is that RP has given CC tacit backing by fighting to keep him at the club. We'll know by the end of the season, and probably quite a long time before, whether "that is a real significant success". *ma hoose is worth considerably mair than 10p :greengrin

30p could be construed as being "considerably mair than 10p". :na na:

Don Giovanni
24-07-2011, 08:52 PM
30p could be construed as being "considerably mair than 10p". :na na: I'm holding out for a juicy bag of sweets and I'm currently in negotiations with Mr.Radge :thumbsup:

sesoim
25-07-2011, 02:06 PM

:faf: No offense, but I hope you don't spend too much time in betting shops.

marinello59
25-07-2011, 02:11 PM
:faf: No offense, but I hope you don't spend too much time in betting shops.

Only to see the bookies faces light up as they contemplate another boost to their profits. :greengrin

We weren't that far behind them performance wise in the first half. I stand by my original comment. So there. :na na:

Hibbyradge
25-07-2011, 02:50 PM
I'm holding out for a juicy bag of sweets and I'm currently in negotiations with Mr.Radge :thumbsup:

I've got 25p and a packet of giant parma violets (worth up to £0.47) on the table.

Do we have a deal?

Cropley10
25-07-2011, 03:19 PM

What does he earn at ER? And what are Brum offering?

I heard he was on buttons at Newcastle and read he wanted away back to England for Family reasons :confused: