PDA

View Full Version : Please no defensive negativity

macca70
23-07-2011, 11:48 PM
We're at home, I realise our options are limited but please don't play 1 up front and try sit in and hit on the break!

We saw today; Hearts in the 1st half had a go and Rangers realistically should have been 3-0 up at HT, 2nd half they sat back and let rangers come at them, rangers could easily have won it in 2nd half.

Guaranteed CC will have everyman back defending corners!! So frustrating, we need to have a go, we cannot sit in and let them come at us!!

down-the-slope
24-07-2011, 12:33 AM
We're at home, I realise our options are limited but please don't play 1 up front and try sit in and hit on the break!

We saw today; Hearts in the 1st half had a go and Rangers and realistically should have been 3-0 up at HT, 2nd half they sat back and let rangers come at them, rangers could easily have won it in 2nd half.

Guaranteed CC will have everyman back defending corners!! So frustrating, we need to have a go, we cannot sit in and let them come at us!!

:faf: nah way too radical idea for us :wink:

PeterboroHibee
24-07-2011, 06:51 AM

We saw today; Hearts in the 1st half had a go and Rangers realistically should have been 3-0 up at HT, 2nd half they sat back and let rangers come at them, rangers could easily have won it in 2nd half.

Hearts only played with one true striker though? I dont have a problem with us starting with only 1 up front, plenty of teams do it these days and it can be really effective. What worries me is the lack of options and our defending; even CC has admitted when we are attacking we are very weak if hit on the break. Also dont think we are up to much when defending set pieces, as Falkirk showed.

DAVE1875
24-07-2011, 06:54 AM

Would prefer if we had every man back except O'Connor & Sproule or Galbraith (Either of them lurking just outside the box to get the ball if it is headed/kicked/punched out.

macca70
24-07-2011, 06:07 PM

As predicted, 1 up front and he looked completely pee'd off chasing the ball around Celtic's back four.

The end result- 0 goals, 0 corners, 0 shots on target.

The Celtic keeper had to come out at half time and warm up as he had so little to do.

marinello59
24-07-2011, 06:18 PM
As predicted, 1 up front and he looked completely pee'd off chasing the ball around Celtic's back four.

The end result- 0 goals, 0 corners, 0 shots on target.

The Celtic keeper had to come out at half time and warm up as he had so little to do.

I don't think he looked pissed off. I just don't think he is fully fit yet.

Albion Hibs
24-07-2011, 07:21 PM
I think we were unlucky not to register anything on target, Sproule and O'Connor both had a chance to get a shot off, arguably two of the best scoring chances of the game, a few more games under the belt and we may have had two goals in my opinion.

Other than that we had quite a few instances of working down the line then entries / crosses into the box - something we were screaming for last year. I said on another post you could tell celtic had a better preseason than we did, I think we still need a few games, hopefully cc will give the starting 11 a bit of time to gel on Tuesday and give them at least 45 minutes together.

As for the stats, I could not really care less. Someone told me Celtic only had 4 shots and 4 on target (that may not be right) but if so then the scored with two of them and surely the penalty counts for 1. Considering the forward line will probably take more in wages a week than our entire squad then I am not too concerned.