PDA

View Full Version : Has The Current Hibs Leadership Given Up?

Dashing Bob S
23-07-2011, 10:24 PM
Calderwood's recent comments and the fact that Rod can't even be bothered mouthing the same tired platitudes to us any more seems to suggests so.

We need a new manager and chairman/MD, people with a bit of enthusiasm for the club.

NYHibby
23-07-2011, 10:53 PM
Most original post on hibs.net this week? [end sarcasm]

Disco Dave
23-07-2011, 10:56 PM

His post is 100% correct though, Petrie needs to know his time is up :flag:

ManBearPig
23-07-2011, 11:06 PM
I think players and club have just lost any direction. They've accomplished a lot off the field; stadium, East Mains and keeping budget in line. Just lacking direction on the field.
When Mogga was in charge he had a clear vision for the team on and off the field. He made changes to the whole set up from basic changes to dressing room and giving the club identity again to a bold attacking brand of football played with certain swagger and flair. All the players had a clear idea of what kind of football he wanted played and how to play it. Some might say a flawed design but nevertheless it was a clear vision for the type of team he wanted to create. I don't think any manager since has had such a clear vision and think strong vision coupled with organisation has lacked for some time.

joebakerforever
23-07-2011, 11:57 PM
I think players and club have just lost any direction. They've accomplished a lot off the field; stadium, East Mains and keeping budget in line. Just lacking direction on the field.
When Mogga was in charge he had a clear vision for the team on and off the field. He made changes to the whole set up from basic changes to dressing room and giving the club identity again to a bold attacking brand of football played with certain swagger and flair. All the players had a clear idea of what kind of football he wanted played and how to play it. Some might say a flawed design but nevertheless it was a clear vision for the type of team he wanted to create. I don't think any manager since has had such a clear vision and think strong vision coupled with organisation has lacked for some time.

Whether or not you agreed with his methods, John Collins certainly had a clear vision of how he wished to progress the team on the field.

Unfortunately his position was undermined by Petrie and he decided enough was enough.

Forza Fred
24-07-2011, 12:21 AM
While Petrie has recieved due praise for his efforts in the past, I thnk he has reached a stage where his 'vision'(if he ever had one) and 'management style are not what is NOW required to move the club forward.

He's Ýesterday's Man'''and until there is a change at the top, the club will stagnate, and go further backwards.

Kaiser1962
24-07-2011, 07:00 AM
Whether or not you agreed with his methods, John Collins certainly had a clear vision of how he wished to progress the team on the field.

Unfortunately his position was undermined by Petrie and he decided enough was enough.

In what way did Petrie undermine Collins?

marinello59
24-07-2011, 07:03 AM
In what way did Petrie undermine Collins?

The players revolt?

Kaiser1962
24-07-2011, 07:09 AM
The players revolt?

When the entire squad, bar two, led by the Captain approached the club with a grievance about the manager's attitude and treatment of individuals which they felt was discriminatory and bullying? That the one?

EasterRoad4Ever
24-07-2011, 07:13 AM
Calderwood's recent comments and the fact that Rod can't even be bothered mouthing the same tired platitudes to us any more seems to suggests so.

We need a new manager and chairman/MD, people with a bit of enthusiasm for the club.

:agree: I'm not sure Petrie has given up, I just think he's incompetent at managing the footballing side of the club. Hibs have made great progress off the field and there is lots to be proud of, but on the field (where it really matters) they have been a dismal failure and importantly don't look like they have the insight, skill or ambition to get us out of this malaise.

Between the two of them (CC & Petrie) they have undermined the club and should be removed for that alone. I genuinely fear for us today and could be in for a hiding. If the game goes against us, the crowd will not be slow to vent their ire at the people responsible - CC and Petrie.

Change is needed.

Ray_
24-07-2011, 07:27 AM
While Petrie has recieved due praise for his efforts in the past, I thnk he has reached a stage where his 'vision'(if he ever had one) and 'management style are not what is NOW required to move the club forward.

He's Ýesterday's Man'''and until there is a change at the top, the club will stagnate, and go further backwards.

Once Collins set the bench mark in terms of how much you could get for the players, gaining money for them was always going to be the easy part, keeping it right on the pitch has always been the challenge & in that, the Hibs board have failed miserably.

The Falcon
24-07-2011, 07:32 AM

If they had/have given up do you expect they will all walk and just hand everything over to someone else?

Ernie Cobra
24-07-2011, 07:38 AM
If they had/have given up do you expect they will all walk and just hand everything over to someone else?

Expect.....no

Hope and pray .....yes

Beefster
24-07-2011, 07:46 AM

Better this than another hilarious pun or Yam thread.

On topic, folk keep blaming Rodders and Calderwood for the current perceived lack of direction, activity and dialogue with the fans. Is it any coincidence that Hibs moved Hyland and Lindsay in April so that Lindsay was solely looking after the footballing side? Could it be that Lindsay is struggling to cope with his new responsibilities, Hyland is too busy with other stuff to be concentrating on communications and that Rodders is too pre-occupied with his new responsibilities at the SFA to be overseeing the shambles?

Kaiser1962
24-07-2011, 07:51 AM
Better this than another hilarious pun or Yam thread.

On topic, folk keep blaming Rodders and Calderwood for the current perceived lack of direction, activity and dialogue with the fans. Is it any coincidence that Hibs moved Hyland and Lindsay in April so that Lindsay was solely looking after the footballing side? Could it be that Lindsay is struggling to cope with his new responsibilities, Hyland is too busy with other stuff to be concentrating on communications and that Rodders is too pre-occupied with his new responsibilities at the SFA to be overseeing the shambles?

I have it on excellent authority that Fife is snowed under with e-mails and hasnt left his office for 3 weeks. :wink:

Shaggy
24-07-2011, 07:51 AM
I agree with OP,
its time now.

WE have a lot to thank Petrie for, buts its the right time for
Thank you and goodnight.

Leith Green
24-07-2011, 08:01 AM
I think the current state of our club can only be described as a downward spiral. Where this ends is anyones guess and to turn the spiral around I think change at the top is definetly required to acheive this.
Whilst only a fool would grudge Petrie & Co the fact thay they have done a good job infrastructure wise, equally only a fool could suggest that the football side of our club hasn't suffered as a result.

For me Petries major gaffe was not purely the selling of our talented squad of players from 2005-2007 but the way it was carried out. Petrie should have sold no more than 1-2 players in a calander year and made a stance, at the same time he should have been working closely with our scouts and manager to identify a player with the calibre or potential to replace the player being sold, a certain (realistic)figure from the sale being made available to do so. This would have in turn made any disruption to our squad minimal whilst also giving us a chance to replace quality with someone capable of achieving the same, the benefits would have been financial gain in the long run, but more importantly also giving us a chance of sucess on the park. Our constant state of transition stems from not doing the above, and only Petrie can carry the can for that. I honestly feel that no manager could come into our club and achieve anything of note whilst the club is being run in the way it is and by the people at the helm..

Whilst I would never question Petries intentions or integrity, the only way forward for our club is a change in the way our club is structured and ran, we really need to put the football first or this could end up really really messy.

Viva_Palmeiras
24-07-2011, 08:08 AM
Could it be a case of actions speaking louder than any words ?And in any case anything the board are saying is getting cut down in the crossfire so could it be better to invest energies in the areas that will move us forward?Communication has never been a strong point since I've watched the team kind of ironic when we have people who's very existence is to oversee just that.So here's to getting things right in terms of performance on the park - let the talking cease and the games begin

Kaiser1962
24-07-2011, 08:11 AM
Whilst I would never question Petries intentions or integrity, the only way forward for our club is a change in the way our club is structured and ran, we really need to put the football first or this could end up really really messy.

Did Beefster not just point out that's been done?

Leith Green
24-07-2011, 08:23 AM
Did Beefster not just point out that's been done?

Beefster made the point that peoples roles at the club have changed fair point.

But do you honestly think the way the club is being run has changed at all as a result?? We need re-structured in the way we are run. Whoever is managing this or communications that, lets be clear and to the point that Petrie is the desicion maker and he has final say on it all. that for me is what has to change. Too many of Petries desicions have a detrimental affect on the footballing side of our club .

A change in personnel running the club and the way in which we are run are required in my opinion.

Kaiser1962
24-07-2011, 08:49 AM
Beefster made the point that peoples roles at the club have changed fair point.

But do you honestly think the way the club is being run has changed at all as a result?? We need re-structured in the way we are run. Whoever is managing this or communications that, lets be clear and to the point that Petrie is the desicion maker and he has final say on it all. that for me is what has to change. Too many of Petries desicions have a detrimental affect on the footballing side of our club .

A change in personnel running the club and the way in which we are run are required in my opinion.

You'll get your wish sooner or later.

NYHibby
24-07-2011, 09:42 AM
Calderwood's recent comments and the fact that Rod can't even be bothered mouthing the same tired platitudes to us any more seems to suggests so.We need a new manager and chairman/MD, people with a bit of enthusiasm for the club.Hibs.net posters' recent comments and the fact that they can't even be bothered mouthing the same tired platitudes to us any more seems to suggests so. We need new supporters and fans, people with a bit of enthusiasm for the club. Fixed?

The Green Goblin
24-07-2011, 11:13 AM
Hibs.net posters' recent comments and the fact that they can't even be bothered mouthing the same tired platitudes to us any more seems to suggests so. We need new supporters and fans, people with a bit of enthusiasm for the club. Fixed?

Yes, I agree. The current supporters who pay out their hard-earned money year-in, year-out for sub-standard football, cold pies and over-priced merchandise are starting to get wise to the fact that they are being taken for a ride, so we'll need new fans to bend over and take their place.

GG

The Falcon
24-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Yes, I agree. The current supporters who pay out their hard-earned money year-in, year-out for sub-standard football, cold pies and over-priced merchandise are starting to get wise to the fact that they are being taken for a ride, so we'll need new fans to bend over and take their place.

GG

Dont then :dunno:

sevenil
24-07-2011, 01:45 PM
We seem to be back to that old chestnut, that it 'must all be the Chairman's fault'. Be careful what you wish for, many of the alternatives would be disastrous and take
the club down the pan. Look around for evidence of that - do we want the club to become some billionaire's latest toy?
RP and Sir Tom's main mission has been to ensure that the club survives for future generations, and they look like they've achieved that. The playing side is down to the Manager of the team - the talent pool available to us there (and our budget) is limited. Times have changed, the job at Easter Rd is probably viewed as comparable to one in the middle of the English Third Division. So we can forget about attracting a leading Manager to run the team, and so as recent years have shown, the candidates for the job are not as good as we'd like. This is not RP's fault, it is just a reflection of our place in the football world today.
Still, at some stage we might get lucky and find we have the perfect storm, of a Management genius and a few outstanding players. We could maybe enjoy that for a bit until those that have delivered that success are enticed away, south or west.
That's the way it looks for the immediate future, of course there's always the other course of a Gretna style punt for 5 minutes of glory, before implosion.

Ray_
24-07-2011, 01:50 PM
Dont then :dunno:

Too many are doing exactly that & as difficult as it is for you to believe, that is not a good thing for Hibs.