PDA

View Full Version : Pubs showing game in Galway?

Frogga
23-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Anyone got any knowledge of boozers in Galway where I could watch the game tomorrow?

I'm thinking that since I'm in Ireland I'd have a good chance of seeing it since it's Celtic we're playing.

laois hibby
23-07-2011, 04:52 PM
would safely say any pub you go into in ireland will show the game

superbam
23-07-2011, 06:28 PM
You shoudnt have any problem seeing it in one of the bigger pubs in Galway.

Far less people actually watch celtic on telly here than is imagined in Scotland (by celtic fans). In most pubs in Dublin, if a live celtic match clashes with a match in the english premier - any match - then the english match will be shown.

Keith_M
23-07-2011, 06:28 PM
You do know it's celtc we're playing? Surely that makes the question totally unnecessary.

The Harp
23-07-2011, 06:51 PM
Anyone got any knowledge of boozers in Galway where I could watch the game tomorrow?

I'm thinking that since I'm in Ireland I'd have a good chance of seeing it since it's Celtic we're playing.

Only been to Galway once, but I must admit to being a wee bit disappointed after hearing family members singing songs about the place for years. Anyway, the natives are a friendly bunch without a doubt, and the game should be shown in most of the pubs I would imagine.
As superbam has said, celtic aren't compulsive viewing over there - just give them a history lesson on Scottish football. Any new recruits to the Hibee cause would be most welcome. :aok:

Carheenlea
23-07-2011, 07:24 PM
I`d recommend the Kings Head, a popular pub, a few TV`s plus a big screen that is sometimes used. You can get a decent breakfast in there too for the early KO and afterwards you are handily situated to celebrate the 3 points with plenty great pubs within a few yards of each other. A Sunday afternoon folk session in Tig Coili over the road is always good fun.
The city will be mobbed with the races starting on Monday and the Arts festival. A great time to visit, just make sure you have plenty dough with you...

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?q=King's+Head%2FThe,+High+Street,+Galway,+Ir eland&hl=en&cid=13716397865144970498

Hibernia Na Eir
24-07-2011, 09:01 AM
would safely say any pub you go into in ireland will show the game

absolutely.

but watch out for the maroon clad morons fae Galway, once got grief fae their fans for sporting a Hibs top. REMOVED