PDA

View Full Version : If you were to protest how would you do it?

Ernie Cobra
23-07-2011, 03:08 PM
Not saying that it right or wrong, but alot of people seem to be pished off.....

personally i quite like the thought of parachuting onto the centre circle at half time smeared in deep heat wearing only a hibs scarf around my head, waving a petrie must go flag. if there were a few tibetan monks there for me to set fire to at the same time that would be great.......

perhaps we could throw a jambo under a horse at musselburgh

compose a strongly worded open letter and post it on the internet

email fyfe Hyland

Boycott Kwik Fit (cause after all its Sir Toms Fault)

Start a Face book Page called the sons of connolly and gather a groundswell of support of like minded people looking to affect some sort of change

Send back season tickets etc etc

Dont bother, theres nothing to see here, everything is ok

Supraninja
23-07-2011, 03:12 PM
I would start feeling very angry, probably grind my teeth and start breathing heavily, maybe my eyeballs would roll. Then I would start posting about how very angry I am on hibs.net.

Wilson
23-07-2011, 03:13 PM
I've always been a fan of kicking hats. It worked well for the Jambos with the Russian hat. If I only knew what kind of hat Petrie favoured I would kick it the length of Easter Road.

Certainly I am going to refuse to grow a moustache for Movember unless either Petrie shaves his or loosens the purse strings.

hibsbollah
23-07-2011, 03:15 PM
Ride down Albion Road wearing only a feather boa atop an Indian elephant holding a placard reading 'Fife takes it up the gary glitter'.

itchy07
23-07-2011, 03:24 PM
How am I supposed to remain pissed off after reading the above? Petrie! Get it sorted.

aliman82
23-07-2011, 03:28 PM
You'd have to at least buy a ticket to the game which would discount some of the more vocal dissenters on here...

Leishy1995
23-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Throw a few killie pies at the tache and other big shots, paint kwick fit green and white to show where his prioities should stand and end it all my laying a pipe at the entrance to the west stand.

Hibs7
23-07-2011, 03:50 PM
What a load of *****, just sit back and take it until Celtic murder us then it will be a different story, the only way is boycot the next home game. I am.sure that would rattle Petries cage.
We criticised the jambos for doing nothing and we are doing the same, get some balls and let Hibs know how we feel.

jonty
23-07-2011, 03:50 PM
I'd continuously hijack threads until the admins agreed to weed out the dumb ones
Posts or posters? :greengrin

Wilson
23-07-2011, 03:52 PM
I'd continuously hijack threads until the admins agreed to weed out the dumb ones

They'll be quaking in their shoes in the boardroom. I think your protest needs a bit of work.

Where is the iconic image on the back of the Evening News with this idea? Boot a bunnet - you know it makes sense.

Pedantic_Hibee
23-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Set fire to myself. At home. Alone. Without telling anybody.

That'd show 'em :agree:

jonty
23-07-2011, 03:54 PM
:faf:
This is brilliant - the season hasnt even started for us yet.

What was the average points taken from celtic (h) and ICT (a) in the last couple of seasons?
A repeat of that would show that we've had an average pre-season?
Shouldn't that set our expectations?

/used iHibs
Using the rather excellent iHibs for stats:
Celtic (H): P20, W3, D5, L12, For 18, Against 37
ICT (A): P10, W1, D2, L7, For 5, Against 20

So - 0 points for the first games is to expected.

sahib
23-07-2011, 04:14 PM

What was the average points taken from celtic (h) and ICT (a) in the last couple of seasons?

/used iHibs

Defeatist attitude. Every season we should be working towards overcoming these statistics. Otherwise, what is the point?
I hope Petrie, Calderwood and the players don't think like you.

Ernie Cobra
23-07-2011, 04:17 PM

/used iHibs

Defeatist attitude. Every season we should be working towards overcoming these statistics. Otherwise, what is the point?

i think its safe to say, given his recent interviews that he does!...................now where's my deep heat

jbwhibs70
23-07-2011, 04:27 PM
You'd have to at least buy a ticket to the game which would discount some of the more vocal dissenters on here..To.Totally agree thought I was on keekback for a minute

jonty
23-07-2011, 04:31 PM

/used iHibs

:faf: you're twisting the post - confusing statistics with my 'attitude'.:greengrin
I'm realistic - for defeatist post please see those who have written off the team due to lack of transfer activity in the first half (yes - we're not even half way through yet) of the transfer window.
On average 0 points is to be expected. The facts and figures speak for themselves.

I hope (as does everyone else) that the team goes out with a winning attitude and we play the game in the manner that befits us.
How else did we win/draw score those goals in the very same stats above?
We've won before and we can do it again - however I wont be calling for the managers/players/boards heads if we don't.

Two games don't make a season.:agree:

Phil D. Rolls
23-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Open letters, Russian hats, demonstration round the back of the stand, and a sniper trained on the owners house, tends to bring the most beneficial results for a club.

Funnies a bunch of total funnies.

benji_hfc
23-07-2011, 05:12 PM
this thread should be deleted as it is complete and utter nonsense! :bye::bye:

Keith_M
23-07-2011, 05:36 PM
this thread should be deleted as it is complete and utter nonsense! :bye::bye:

Totally disagree, I'm quite enjoying it.

Maybe YOU should be deleted instead :na na:

Viva_Palmeiras
23-07-2011, 05:48 PM
this thread should be deleted as it is complete and utter nonsense! :bye::bye: I agree but why not let it run for 5 pages and then have a poll ;)I presume the op is serious so would ask this why shoot off before we've seen the hand played by Petrie and CC?There is still time before the transfer windows shut a good number of managers are miffed at the early start impacting preparations hyland has been reported as saying we are working to bring the talent in. Its not ideal but that's the way it is at hibs. And before you or anyone start with th boycott protest stuff I'd suggest speaking to the dons fans to ask how that went for them.I was in aberdeen when the smithy must go chants started it kinda been a revolving door for them with the exception of calderwood but I wonder if in hindsight they rue calling for the head of the man who toOk them to within 1 game of the championship (and only need to draw at that) he did assemble a fair decent team

The Falcon
23-07-2011, 06:28 PM

/used iHibs

Have we won in Inverness?

Barney McGrew
23-07-2011, 06:30 PM
Have we won in Inverness?

We beat them in an away game at Pittodrie when they played a season in Aberdeen

The Falcon
23-07-2011, 06:35 PM
We beat them in an away game at Pittodrie when they played a season in Aberdeen

:aok:

I keep hearing that we've never won in Inverness so technically, that would be correct.

Ernie Cobra
23-07-2011, 07:11 PM
I agree but why not let it run for 5 pages and then have a poll ;)I presume the op is serious so would ask this why shoot off before we've seen the hand played by Petrie and CC?There is still time before the transfer windows shut a good number of managers are miffed at the early start impacting preparations hyland has been reported as saying we are working to bring the talent in. Its not ideal but that's the way it is at hibs. And before you or anyone start with th boycott protest stuff I'd suggest speaking to the dons fans to ask how that went for them.I was in aberdeen when the smithy must go chants started it kinda been a revolving door for them with the exception of calderwood but I wonder if in hindsight they rue calling for the head of the man who toOk them to within 1 game of the championship (and only need to draw at that) he did assemble a fair decent team

Aye totally serious, i have been limbering up all day for my half time performance.....let me tell you nothing sorer than deep heat on the bell end....i am however finding my search for tibetan monks to be enormously futile.

Removed
23-07-2011, 08:07 PM
Does the op not realise that Kwik Fit has fa to do with STF any more. He sold it.

The Falcon
23-07-2011, 10:40 PM
Does the op not realise that Kwik Fit has fa to do with STF any more. He sold it.

many moons ago:greengrin

Dont let it stop him though.........

ManBearPig
23-07-2011, 10:56 PM
I blame Amadou Konte team went downhill when he left. So I would protest by burning a Mali flag..... whilst parachuting into ER

Ryan69
23-07-2011, 10:58 PM
Maybe 2 minutes after the game begins. Everybody turns there back to the pitch for a minute or 2...It would certainly put pressure on the club as media would jump onto it.

Ernie Cobra
24-07-2011, 05:12 AM
many moons ago:greengrin

Dont let it stop him though.........

really? i better see can i borrow a plane and dust down the old parachute:rolleyes:. :yawn:

HibeeMG
24-07-2011, 05:52 AM
I've tutted a few times and kicked the cat a couple of times.

I think that got the point across and made them take notice. :wink:

joe breezy
24-07-2011, 05:52 AM
I would have a dirty protest and not clean my bedroom for 3 weeks, if that doesn't send Farmer and Petrie the message I don't know what will...

Viva_Palmeiras
24-07-2011, 06:07 AM
Maybe 2 minutes after the game begins. Everybody turns there back to the pitch for a minute or 2...It would certainly put pressure on the club as media would jump onto it. Yes and what about holding the flags and banners upside down just like celtc do ;)

hibbiedon
24-07-2011, 06:24 AM
You'd have to at least buy a ticket to the game which would discount some of the more vocal dissenters on here...

:thumbsup: Thanks for making me laugh :greengrin now i dont need to protest

J-C
24-07-2011, 07:44 AM
The fact that 2-3 thousand fans haven't bothered renewing their season tickets is in itself a protest, personally I like the mob effect, holding pictchforks and baying for blood.

WHUHibs
24-07-2011, 08:13 AM
Set fire to myself. At home. Alone. Without telling anybody.

That'd show 'em :agree:

Feeling very depressed today, not renewed my season ticket after 25 years loyal support as I have no enthusiasm,,currently in the middle east,,,got up this morning with optimism for the game,,as we all do,,,then reality sank in we are still in a mess and might be on the end of a hiding(hope not)...then I read this thread,,,and this post made me laugh so much that perhaps lifes not that bad after all...thank you for cheering me up no matter what happens today,,

Petrie has to move on,, sweeping changes in the boardroom are needed to get the footballing side right but without the detriment of the finances. No doubt Petrie has done well with the financial side but football,,,,not,,,

Comes on the hibees yes I wish I was there today,,,

Hibbyradge
24-07-2011, 08:21 AM
Threads like this make me want to go to the game!

Hibbyradge
24-07-2011, 09:37 AM
Oooh, all this rebellious talk is fair exciting.

Personally, I'm going to refuse to eat my vegetables until we sign at least 2 new strikers and a right back.

jonty
24-07-2011, 09:39 AM
I'm refusing the change nappies until we've got 10 points in 3 games :agree:

degenerated
24-07-2011, 09:44 AM
I've always been a fan of kicking hats. It worked well for the Jambos with the Russian hat. If I only knew what kind of hat Petrie favoured I would kick it the length of Easter Road.

Certainly I am going to refuse to grow a moustache for Movember unless either Petrie shaves his or loosens the purse strings.

I reckon the sombre affectations of the homburg may make it Petries preferred choice in headwear. I'm going to kick one of those about just in case.

I might also pitch a tent outside the main stand and refuse to leave until he sorts it out or it rains, whichever happens soonest. That was another tactic employed by the jamtards that propelled them to where they now are.

Bostonhibby
24-07-2011, 05:31 PM
My neighbours got this manky old caravan in his garden so I am going offer him a tenner for it, and organise a sponsored "drag the caravan" up the A1 picking up thousands of Hibbies as we journey North, within a month or so we will be 400,000 strong, we will then build a giant Trebouche in Lochend Park, employ a physicist to work out the exact weight to distance ratio and launch it to land directly on top of Petrie at the next home game. That should do it - either that or I will email Fife Hyland to say its not really good enough............