PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Scott fit for Sunday

yekimevol
23-07-2011, 11:13 AM
caldo interview were he states that the goal of the season is just to do way better than last. but at the bottom of the article he says that jimmy played the last 15 at falkirk and with be in contention for sunday :)

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Calderwood-We-must-do-way.6806353.jp

frazeHFC
23-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Hooray

Judas Iscariot
23-07-2011, 11:58 AM
That'll be the difference

Diclonius
23-07-2011, 12:06 PM
Awesome. We'll be **** hot now.

essexhibee
23-07-2011, 12:10 PM
Celtic will be bricking it now.

Wotherspiniesta
23-07-2011, 12:17 PM
Better option than Ian Murray anyway.

essexhibee
23-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Better option than Ian Murray anyway. Cant believe he's still around. Way past it.

Westie1875
23-07-2011, 12:54 PM
Can he play up front? :devil:

I'm_cabbaged
23-07-2011, 12:59 PM
We won't be missing a headless chicken then.

Wilson
23-07-2011, 01:19 PM
I've gone for Scott in the 5th, 6th, or 7th.

Who is he fighting?

flash
23-07-2011, 02:02 PM
good responses to the original post.
sometimes think we get the team we deserve.

Gatecrasher
23-07-2011, 02:03 PM
:agree:

GreenPJ
23-07-2011, 02:30 PM

:top marks

Wilson
23-07-2011, 02:35 PM

Agree totally. The quality of responses to random threads on hibs.net totally justify the pish we are saddled with.

Well done.

R'Albin
23-07-2011, 02:40 PM
Agree totally. The quality of responses to random threads on hibs.net totally justify the pish we are saddled with.

Well done.

:rolleyes:

Wilson
23-07-2011, 02:42 PM
:rolleyes:

:aok:

R'Albin
23-07-2011, 02:45 PM
:aok:

Wait a minute were you being sarcastic original post?

Kato
23-07-2011, 02:47 PM

I'm glad he's fit - he may be a nutter but he's OUR nutter.

All the negatrons must have been creaming their maroonish pants at Hearts getting draw at Ibrox. More grist to their mill.

Caversham Green
23-07-2011, 02:50 PM

It certainly says a lot about this forum just now. A first team player we thought was injured turns out to be fit. Good news? not on Hibs.f*****gNet, just a chance to get a few more sarky comments in.

Sick of this place.

PISTOL1875
23-07-2011, 03:04 PM
It certainly says a lot about this forum just now. A first team player we thought was injured turns out to be fit. Good news? not on Hibs.f*****gNet, just a chance to get a few more sarky comments in.

Sick of this place.

Exactly.. If he's fit then get him in the side and in about the Celtic midfield... Great news for Hibs...

lucky
23-07-2011, 03:18 PM

So in your opinion Hibs are ***** because a few fans on here give certain players a hard time. The bottom line is fans have criticised the team for years but now because of forums fans can say it to more people. Cant see how the crap team is connceted to a few moany fans.

Also do you really think think that Martin Scott is a decent player?

brog
23-07-2011, 04:11 PM
I really would play him up front tomorrow, he's strong, good in the air & very capable of holding the ball up. GOC is not a target man, he prefers to run the channels & Scott up front could create more room for him. One thing's certain, we know he wouldn't allow celtc back 4 to swan around with the ball.
Apologies for not being sarcastic! :wink:

Kato
23-07-2011, 04:23 PM

Could be very effective given a chance - which judging by the moany, washerwoman, sarcy, fishwifey comments on this thread he won't ever get.

BSEJVT
23-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Whilst its good news for Hibs that Scott is fit, I dont think that as a footballer he is even remotely close to being good enough for the type of Hibs team I want to watch.

Unfortunately, virtually this entire Hibs team is not even remotely close to the type of Hibs team I want to watch (and have done in the not too distant past)

On the basis that IMO this season is going to require everyone on the pitch to work their bollocks off and chase and harry and any semblance of creativity would be a welcome if unlikely bonus, having Scott fit is definitely a good thing as that IMO is all his game is.

Not sure if that makes my glass half full or empty?

Kato
23-07-2011, 05:35 PM
Whilst its good news for Hibs that Scott is fit, I dont think that as a footballer he is even remotely close to being good enough for the type of Hibs team I want to watch.

Unfortunately, virtually this entire Hibs team is not even remotely close to the type of Hibs team I want to watch (and have done in the not too distant past)

On the basis that IMO this season is going to require everyone on the pitch to work their bollocks off and chase and harry and any semblance of creativity would be a welcome if unlikely bonus, having Scott fit is definitely a good thing as that IMO is all his game is.

Not sure if that makes my glass half full or empty?

Every side needs a grafter. That's why he's here. Show me a decent team without at least one heads down no nonsense midfielder and I'll eat my H&M fedora.

Scottish football is dross - dreams of a team like Turnbull's (which was packed with no-nonsense hard tackling grafters) are years and years of development away, development across the nation that is. Meanwhile, in the land of reality, this guy could do a good job for us as a ball winner and protector of the likes of Sproule and Thornhill.

But he won't be given the chance to do that as he's not the type who does 52 step overs to win a throw in.

Reality.

Give it a try.

Support the team without trying to be a smarty pants grumper who yearns for football which at the moment is beyond us.

dp00
23-07-2011, 05:36 PM
i thought scott was one of the better players at the falkirk game when he came on.... made good runs and got into good spaces.

he gives 100%.. thats what im looking for. I dont expect hibs to win every game i just expect them to give it a go and try

flash
23-07-2011, 05:40 PM
So in your opinion Hibs are ***** because a few fans on here give certain players a hard time. The bottom line is fans have criticised the team for years but now because of forums fans can say it to more people. Cant see how the crap team is connceted to a few moany fans.

Haven't seen enough to make a definitive judgement. As to the first point it's more than a few fans.

hibsbollah
23-07-2011, 05:55 PM
I like him. Goan the Jimmy.

Allant1981
23-07-2011, 06:23 PM
Not the greatest player we will ever see but not the worst either, i wud have him in next to thornhill and let scott clatter anyone who comes in between midfield and defence

Hiber-nation
23-07-2011, 08:32 PM
The last player I remember right hooking a team mate ended up being manager of Scotland.

Ok different case scenario but we need to forgive and forget and move on.

His first full season in the SPL and that's all we should be judging him on.

AlbertK86
23-07-2011, 11:03 PM
we moaned about midgets in midfield who wouldn't get stuck in for years. Gie the boy a chance as he is what we have been crying out for. Maybe not the most skilful but is a grafter who gives it his all. That alone is a massive improvement on last years midfield imposters like rankin and mcbride.
Go on jimmy show the doubters wot you can do.
GGTTH