PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Craig Back in Football

Future17
23-07-2011, 09:28 AM
1004: FOOTBALL - St Mirren have confirmed the appointment of Tommy Craig as first team coach. The former assistant manager at Hibernian, Celtic, and Aberdeen will work alongside Saints boss Danny Lennon.

smurf
23-07-2011, 09:30 AM
Cup winning Hibs assistant manager. Good luck Tommy. I think St Mirren will have a good season FWIW.

Gala Foxes
23-07-2011, 09:53 AM
Just wait for the headline "St Mirren swoop for Wonder Winger Alan O'Brien" ?

I know - I should let it go and move on

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-07-2011, 10:02 AM
I think that St. Mirren have made some very astute signings. There is a good bit of realism at that club that seems to match resource to budget to expectation.

BEEJ
23-07-2011, 11:15 AM
I think that St. Mirren have made some very astute signings. There is a good bit of realism at that club that seems to match resource to budget to expectation.
:agree: Although you have to wonder who or what is funding their close season transfer activity.

Kaiser1962
23-07-2011, 11:21 AM
:agree: Although you have to wonder who or what is funding their close season transfer activity.

They should have considerable cash at the bank following the sale of Love Street. They operate a very tight ship and have only posted losses of £200k in 2005 and £100k in 2006. Even before the sale of Love Street they were pretty much at break even.

And I would agree that they seem, on paper at least, to have made some decent additions.

BEEJ
23-07-2011, 11:29 AM
They should have considerable cash at the bank following the sale of Love Street. They operate a very tight ship and have only posted losses of £200k in 2005 and £100k in 2006. Even before the sale of Love Street they were pretty much at break even.

And I would agree that they seem, on paper at least, to have made some decent additions.
True. They were debt free a season or so ago, with £0.5m in net cash. They also at that stage had a high wage to income ratio (over 75%).

Lennon would have reduced that last season with his recruitment of a number of players from the lower divisions. But St Mirren look like they will have reversed that trend this summer.

lucky
23-07-2011, 03:12 PM
I think its a poor choice by Lennon and St Mirren. TC belongs to another era and will just confuse Lennon's message to his players. He was one the problems under JC.