PDA

View Full Version : We are Hibernian FC

Owain_1987
22-07-2011, 10:58 PM
We are Hibernian FC we hate Jam Tarts and We hate Dundee we will fight were ever we may be. Maybe it's about time we show some fight then. Since winning the CIS cup we keep going backwards and it is becoming painful. We have had so many jokers going though our club recently and in that I include our own and pervious manager. Why have we allowed our club to get to this status? We have signed three players this summer and two of them are two ex players up ***** creek who love the club.

I am not a negative person in fact my friends always laugh at my blind faith for our great club but the state of our club is painful at the moment. I love Hibs as much as I always will but something needs to be done. First off CC needs to leave we need some players we need some passion and last off we need a chairman who wants to take this club forward. I don't expect to win the SPL or even third place every year but I do expect to challenge and be favourites when we play Inverness a tiny club in the Highlands.

We have a 20,000+ stadium and a club with some great history but we don't look any stronger than clubs, which average less than 5,000 fans a week. So what is next what do we need to do? Am glad we don't have a Romanov type in charge but we need to do something. I love Hibernian FC and I always will but we need some big changes and a manager who is proud to be at our great club.

:flag:

Franck Stanton
22-07-2011, 11:10 PM
And so say all of us........:thumbsup:

ArabHibee
22-07-2011, 11:14 PM
We are Hibernian FC we hate Jam Tarts and We hate Dundee we will fight were ever we may be. Maybe it's about time we show some fight then. Since winning the CIS cup we keep going backwards and it is becoming painful. We have had so many jokers going though our club recently and in that I include our own and pervious manager. Why have we allowed our club to get to this status? We have signed three players this summer and two of them are two ex players up ***** creek who love the club. I am not a negative person in fact my friends always laugh at my blind faith for our great club but the state of our club is painful at the moment. I love Hibs as much as I always will but something needs to be done. First off CC needs to leave we need some players we need some passion and last off we need a chairman who wants to take this club forward. I don't expect to win the SPL or even third place every year but I do expect to challenge and be favourites when we play Inverness a tiny club in the Highlands. We have a 20,000+ stadium and a club with some great history but we don't look any stronger than clubs, which average less than 5,000 fans a week. So what is next what do we need to do? Am glad we don't have a Romanov type in charge but we need to do something. I love Hibernian FC and I always will but we need some big changes and a manager who is proud to be at our great club.:flag: That's a bit off, don't you think?:faf::wink:

Owain_1987
22-07-2011, 11:22 PM
That's a bit off, don't you think?:faf::wink:

I apologise for my dyslexia :na na:

PISTOL1875
22-07-2011, 11:25 PM
We are Hibernian FC we hate Jam Tarts and We hate Dundee we will fight were ever we may be. Maybe it's about time we show some fight then. Since winning the CIS cup we keep going backwards and it is becoming painful. We have had so many jokers going though our club recently and in that I include our own and pervious manager. Why have we allowed our club to get to this status? We have signed three players this summer and two of them are two ex players up ***** creek who love the club.

I am not a negative person in fact my friends always laugh at my blind faith for our great club but the state of our club is painful at the moment. I love Hibs as much as I always will but something needs to be done. First off CC needs to leave we need some players we need some passion and last off we need a chairman who wants to take this club forward. I don't expect to win the SPL or even third place every year but I do expect to challenge and be favourites when we play Inverness a tiny club in the Highlands.

We have a 20,000+ stadium and a club with some great history but we don't look any stronger than clubs, which average less than 5,000 fans a week. So what is next what do we need to do? Am glad we don't have a Romanov type in charge but we need to do something. I love Hibernian FC and I always will but we need some big changes and a manager who is proud to be at our great club.

Lots of good points there Owain and the bit that I agree with most is that's since we won the CIS cup we have went backwards..You are spot-on.. Fair enough , we sold the majority of that team and the money that was re-invested in the squad wasn't re-invested properly.. Poor signings from 3 managers in a row left us with a situation where the manager we now have does not want to be in his current position..

Fingers crossed CC and get it right and we might have something to shout about this season.. However , with 15 players players leaving and only being replaced with 3 players , the signs aren't good.. Penny pinching by the board has left us behind in the transfer market once again and where as other teams have been shrewd and decisive , we are left picking up the scraps from the bottom of the barrel once again....

Owain_1987
22-07-2011, 11:29 PM
Lots of good points there Owain and the bit that I agree with most is that's since we won the CIS cup we have went backwards..You are spot-on.. Fair enough , we sold the majority of that team and the money that was re-invested in the squad wasn't re-invested properly.. Poor signings from 3 managers in a row left us with a situation where the manager we now have does not want to be in his current position..

Fingers crossed CC and get it right and we might have something to shout about this season.. However , with 15 players players leaving and only being replaced with 3 players , the signs aren't good.. Penny pinching by the board has left us behind in the transfer market once again and where as other teams have been shrewd and decisive , we are left picking up the scraps from the bottom of the barrel once again....

I agree Pete I know Cardiff have more money but they have replaced 12 players with 8 new players already. Why have we only signed 3 players :grr:

PISTOL1875
22-07-2011, 11:37 PM
I agree Pete I know Cardiff have more money but they have replaced 12 players with 8 new players already. Why have we only signed 3 players :grr:

I have no idea what is going on mate.. I am like the majority on here and want to know why these players haven't been replaced. It could be down to various reasons and the fact that Hibs like to keep there business under wraps , we will probably never find out what has really been going on..

It makes you think , did CC think it was a cert that he would get a job down south so did he then really make an effort to try and sign players knowing that he could be offski in the near future ??

matty_f
23-07-2011, 06:19 AM

We started replacing players in January. We've not just brought in 3 players. CC has signed (or re-signed in the case of existing players) practically a whole starting 11.

Stack (new contract)
Hanlon (new contract)
Booth (new contract)
O'Hanlon
Scott
Thornhill
Palsson
Sodje
O'Connor
Sproule
Galbraith (new contract)
Stevenson (new contract)

We still need strengthening, that's plain to see and has been acknowledged by the manager and the board who are still trying to bring in players, however Hibs haven't just signed 3 players. The squad re-building started in January, it's totally unrealistic to ignore that.

smurf
23-07-2011, 08:38 AM
We started replacing players in January. We've not just brought in 3 players. CC has signed (or re-signed in the case of existing players) practically a whole starting 11.

Stack (new contract)
Hanlon (new contract)
Booth (new contract)
O'Hanlon
Scott
Thornhill
Palsson
Sodje
O'Connor
Sproule
Galbraith (new contract)
Stevenson (new contract)

We still need strengthening, that's plain to see and has been acknowledged by the manager and the board who are still trying to bring in players, however Hibs haven't just signed 3 players. The squad re-building started in January, it's totally unrealistic to ignore that.

Good point.

However, we were told in January that it is much easier to recruit in the summer. We were told that the planning had begun then for the summer.

CC now tells us that we are not ready. And that's pretty obvious.

And as its what the manager has said its totally unrealistic to ignore that.

BEEJ
23-07-2011, 09:06 AM

Stack (new contract)
Hanlon (new contract)
Booth (new contract)
O'Hanlon
Scott
Thornhill
Palsson
Sodje
O'Connor
Sproule
Galbraith (new contract)
Stevenson (new contract)

In that context then, it's also totally unrealistic to ignore that we have seen 22 players exit the club since January. The ratio of departures to arrivals has been very high so far in 2011.

That's part of getting to that smaller squad size, of course. But if this is the way a club chooses to conserve cash on the player budget side, then it has to make sure that its smaller, designated squad is all but in place for the start of the new season.

Fewer players (and a number of youngsters amongst them) should mean we have the ability to offer better terms to the fewer experienced professionals that we go for. Instead this week's events would seem to suggest that we're still mucking about with negotiations over the odd £20k here and there.

R'Albin
23-07-2011, 09:16 AM
That's a bit off, don't you think?:faf::wink:

:hilarious

FromTheCapital
23-07-2011, 09:54 AM

Great post, mate.

I agree with everything above...

:top marks

:cgwa