PDA

View Full Version : Home Game VS Sunderland

Stevenson1875
22-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Was listening to the radio this morning and they were talking about a possible home game against Sunderland which in my opinion could be a good confidence booster if we win but a serious downfall if we lose ?? Any Thoughts ??:paranoid:

marinello59
22-07-2011, 09:42 PM
The match was confirmed weeks ago. It's in two weeks time.

Jamesie
22-07-2011, 09:46 PM
If we lose to Celtic and Inverness I reckon you'll struggle to get 5000 Hibbys at this one.

Removed
22-07-2011, 09:49 PM
If we lose to Celtic and Inverness I reckon you'll struggle to get 5000 Hibbys at this one. Even if we beat celtc and Inverness they can take a run and jump as far as i'm concerned. Disgrace to play this instead of the St J game imo.

Saorsa
22-07-2011, 09:50 PM
Was listening to the radio this morning and they were talking about a possible home game against Sunderland which in my opinion could be a good confidence booster if we win but a serious downfall if we lose ?? Any Thoughts ??:paranoid:Personally I think the whole thing is a nonsense, having a week off just after the season has started tae play a friendly, what ever next.

At least the canceled game is against St. Johnstone so it will delay Sheridan scoring against us :greengrin

marinello59
22-07-2011, 10:01 PM
Personally I think the whole thing is a nonsense, having a week of just after the season has started tae play a friendly, what ever next.

A Saturday kick off effectively gets kicked in to mid week. That's another match missed for a lot of season ticket holders.

frazeHFC
22-07-2011, 10:04 PM
Was listening to the radio this morning and they were talking about a possible home game against Sunderland which in my opinion could be a good confidence booster if we win but a serious downfall if we lose ?? Any Thoughts ??:paranoid: This match was confirmed at least 4 weeks ago. :wink:

Saorsa
22-07-2011, 10:10 PM
A Saturday kick off effectively gets kicked in to mid week. That's another match missed for a lot of season ticket holders.That disnae really seem tae matter (in fact lets no beat about the bush, they dinnae give a ****) tae those that come up with this sort of guff.

Baldy Foghorn
23-07-2011, 01:54 AM
That disnae really seem tae matter (in fact lets no beat about the bush, they dinnae give a ****) tae those that come up with this sort of guff.

They are thinking of £££££££'s before consumer unfortunately

DeLaGaff
23-07-2011, 07:20 AM
Before everyone gets too carried away, the st Johnstone game was cancelled or postponed, it was never scheduled. The early start was to try to ease the fixture congestion at the end o the season that has been witnessed he last couple of years. Two clubs, I'll let you guess which ones, weren't happy with his as they want to go around he world and play their glamour friendlies/tournaments. The compromise as to start the season even earlier, get a couple of games up our sleeves, have a short break, then get back to it.
Don't disagree about the rearrangement of games, but not quite accurate in this instance.

Frazerbob
23-07-2011, 07:34 AM
Before everyone gets too carried away, the st Johnstone game was cancelled or postponed, it was never scheduled. The early start was to try to ease the fixture congestion at the end o the season that has been witnessed he last couple of years. Two clubs, I'll let you guess which ones, weren't happy with his as they want to go around he world and play their glamour friendlies/tournaments. The compromise as to start the season even earlier, get a couple of games up our sleeves, have a short break, then get back to it.
Don't disagree about the rearrangement of games, but not quite accurate in this instance.

Why are there other SPL games going ahead that weekend then? The bottom line is, Hibs took up the offer to opt out of that week's fixtures to play a freindly.

As far as I can see, friendlies are played for one of two reasons, to prepare the team for the league fixtures and to make a bit of cash. Since I'd expect a pathetic crowd and the season will already be under way, this game should never be getting played. The same can be said for the Blackpool game. The team should be ready now, not in a week's time. That also goes for this complete nonsense about the transfer window having another 5 weeks to go. We should have all our singnings in place by the start of pre-season, never mind the first game of the season and definately not the end of the window. A total farce!