PDA

View Full Version : A Comparrison !

Swindonfan
22-07-2011, 09:06 PM
Im a swindon fan but from time in edinburgh i love the Hibs. At end of last season both clubs had poor seasons, both sets of fans calling thier teams the worst they had ever seen. Total dispair. CC talked of a great opportunity at Hibs with so many players out of contract. We were in same situation at Swindon thou after relegation fans had lost all interest.

Enter Dicanio ! And so far 12 new signings. Admittedly we dont know many of them, and of course they could all turn out pish. But for the present we have hope again and a chance to dream of better things to come. Something that at the end of last season we thought was impossible.

So far Hibs have brought in 3 ? I know some of you say transfer window doesnt close for ages, but your season starts this weekend. CC played for Swindon for 9 years i think and is a hero as a player to us. But i have to say im gutted with the way he has done things at Hibs. He has had this massive chance to ditch the dead wood and build a Hibs team that can make the fans proud again. But from afar it feels like hes sat on his hands at present. From seeing Hibs on sky and on sportscene i felt a massive change in personel was needed. I know players came in in January but i felt a similar number was needed now.

Interesting thing now is as far as i can tell Hibs were offered compensation but this was turned down. But if he doesnt bring in players and the season starts badly will Petrie back him with money or sack him and get nothing ?

I see Hibs as a fantastic club. Great stadium, great training ground, great place to live. Why does it seem so hard to get players in ?

We may let Simon Ferry leave ( ex celtic ) thou he would cost you money he would do great for you. Rory Falon ex swindon a striker on a free, not Messi but would give you what you thought you were gonna get with Sheridan. Players are out there, even on free's, hope to god CC pulls his finger out and get some for you. All the best for the season.

Jonnyboy
22-07-2011, 09:11 PM
Im a swindon fan but from time in edinburgh i love the Hibs. At end of last season both clubs had poor seasons, both sets of fans calling thier teams the worst they had ever seen. Total dispair. CC talked of a great opportunity at Hibs with so many players out of contract. We were in same situation at Swindon thou after relegation fans had lost all interest.

Enter Dicanio ! And so far 12 new signings. Admittedly we dont know many of them, and of course they could all turn out pish. But for the present we have hope again and a chance to dream of better things to come. Something that at the end of last season we thought was impossible.

So far Hibs have brought in 3 ? I know some of you say transfer window doesnt close for ages, but your season starts this weekend. CC played for Swindon for 9 years i think and is a hero as a player to us. But i have to say im gutted with the way he has done things at Hibs. He has had this massive chance to ditch the dead wood and build a Hibs team that can make the fans proud again. But from afar it feels like hes sat on his hands at present. From seeing Hibs on sky and on sportscene i felt a massive change in personel was needed. I know players came in in January but i felt a similar number was needed now.

Interesting thing now is as far as i can tell Hibs were offered compensation but this was turned down. But if he doesnt bring in players and the season starts badly will Petrie back him with money or sack him and get nothing ?

I see Hibs as a fantastic club. Great stadium, great training ground, great place to live. Why does it seem so hard to get players in ?

We may let Simon Ferry leave ( ex celtic ) thou he would cost you money he would do great for you. Rory Falon ex swindon a striker on a free, not Messi but would give you what you thought you were gonna get with Sheridan. Players are out there, even on free's, hope to god CC pulls his finger out and get some for you. All the best for the season.

I feel your pain buddy. After all you had to suffer AOB and we know how that feels :greengrin

The bit in bold - it's a conundrum. CC keeps saying the window is open and he's still seeking out new players but we all know Hibs won't pay much for anybody so why isn't CC just bringing in a few for free? No doubt his stout defenders will tell me I'm talking pish :greengrin

Good luck to Swindon for the coming season. You certainly have a Manager with some charisma now :thumbsup:

Swindonfan
22-07-2011, 09:23 PM
Alan O'Brien had about 1 really good game in 2 years for us. But most of the time he was injured. Our fans thought he should have been a sprinter and not a footballer. As he as quick but only in a straight line. He could only chip crosses, never had pace on them. He ran about like a headless chicken most the time. Or when you wanted im to run he didnt.

O'Hanlon is ex swindon. He did ok for us and i think he will for you. Our fans dont like him as when he left for Mk Dons he said they were a bigger club than us. But he scored for MK at our place last season and didnt celebrate.

zlatan
22-07-2011, 09:26 PM
1 more good game than he had for us tbf

Future17
22-07-2011, 09:46 PM

Di Canio was a great player but I despise him for his politics and, more than that, for bringing his politics into football.

He's made some decent signings but you always have to question how these guys are going to adapt to life in Swindon. He probably told them it was twinned with Disneyland and they signed right away. I've heard of one or two of them - Kerrouche in particular was very highly rated when he was younger. Alan Connell should be a great signing at League 2 level and should score loads of goals like he did for Grimsby last year.

I hope it works out for you guys but I have a feeling that Di Canio won't be at Swindon long. His character is questionable and he doesn't strike me as being suited to either coaching or management.

A few bad results, a "falling out" with the Chairman and he'll pull a John Collins and will be back in his Roman villa before the winter comes.

Frazerbob
22-07-2011, 10:03 PM
At least CC isn't a disguting facist with openly racist beliefs.

Captain Trips
22-07-2011, 10:14 PM
Alan O'Brien had about 1 really good game in 2 years for us. But most of the time he was injured. Our fans thought he should have been a sprinter and not a footballer. As he as quick but only in a straight line. He could only chip crosses, never had pace on them. He ran about like a headless chicken most the time. Or when you wanted im to run he didnt.

O'Hanlon is ex swindon. He did ok for us and i think he will for you. Our fans dont like him as when he left for Mk Dons he said they were a bigger club than us. But he scored for MK at our place last season and didnt celebrate.

That's right come on here and boast..:greengrin

frazeHFC
22-07-2011, 10:18 PM
Nice post. Good luck to you lot too this year. :thumbsup:

Bayern Bru
22-07-2011, 10:21 PM
1 more good game than he had for us tbf

Slight exaggeration.
I can clearly remember THE game in which he provided at least one goal as we beat Celtic at ER.
Shame on you for besmirching AOB's name and er, reputation...

Newhaven
23-07-2011, 06:38 AM

Probably the same amount that he had for us. Give this thread a day or so though and you'll have the hibs.net rose tinters on who would take him back as he was 'one of us' :faf: