PDA

View Full Version : CC - We are short of where we need to be for start of the season!!

macca70
22-07-2011, 06:00 PM
In his Press Confrence that I just watched on STV, CC said something along the lines of being well short of where we need to be for start of the new season!!

There can only be 2 people to blame if that's the case; Calderwood and Petrie.

We've known our situation for months, we should have been trying to rectify this shambles on January 1st, the minute Bamba left.

We always knew 16 players were out of contract in the summer, leaving our squad threadbare in every position.

The fans have stood up and been counted for long enough now, it's time for the Management and Board to stand up and be counted.

The way Calderwood is talking, he's resigned to bottom 6 before the season starts.

If we're not ready for the new season, it's not the fans fault or the players, 100% the management and Board.

HibbyAndy
22-07-2011, 06:04 PM
How long have we been after a RB?..

blackpoolhibs
22-07-2011, 06:05 PM
In his Press Confrence that I just watched on STV, CC said something along the lines of being well short of where we need to be for start of the new season!!

We've known our situation for months, we should have been trying to rectify this shambles on January 1st, the minute Bamba left.

We always knew 16 players were out of contract in the summer, leaving our squad threadbare in every position.

The fans have stood up and been counted for long enough now, it's time for the Management and Board to stand up and be counted.

The way Calderwood is talking, he's resigned to bottom 6 before the season starts.

If we're not ready for the new season, it's not the fans fault or the players, 100% the management and Board.

Its funny when our manager :faf: says it, he's being honest. Yet when any fan points this out, we are told the window does not slam shut for another 6 weeks, why the panic?

HibbyAndy
22-07-2011, 06:08 PM
Its funny when our manager :faf: says it, he's being honest. Yet when any fan points this out, we are told the window does not slam shut for another 6 weeks, why the panic?

:agree:

darwenhibby
22-07-2011, 06:12 PM
We are all making mountains out of molehills.

There is no need to panic.

Come what May, it will be Ok.

GTTGH

Springbank
22-07-2011, 06:15 PM

GTTGH

Like the Turnbull's Tornadoes sign-off

Old Skool

TNBATLT Hibees

blackpoolhibs
22-07-2011, 06:16 PM

GTTGH

I dont know what to think now Duane, on the one hand i'm told the window closes in 6 weeks, but my manager thinks we are short of players FOR THE START OF THE SEASON, SHORT OF PLAYERS NOW.

:confused:

Jim44
22-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Calderwood is an idiot who doesn't have a clue. Source? The horse's mouth.

macca70
22-07-2011, 06:20 PM
How long have we been after a RB?..

We've never really replaced Willie Miller since he left to go to Dundee!

Alfred E Newman
22-07-2011, 06:28 PM
Saw his interview on BBC and burst out laughing. Just when you think our PR can`t get any worse the manager comes out with this depressing stuff 2 days before the start of the season. You could not make it up.

Craig_in_Prague
22-07-2011, 06:32 PM
Saw his interview on BBC and burst out laughing. Just when you think our PR can`t get any worse the manager comes out with this depressing stuff 2 days before the start of the season. You could not make it up.

Jeez, is a manager not allowed to look at his bag of sweeties to consider his options anymore, before returning to his lollipop.........

Of course, it could be he's been fed up with Petrie only buying penny chews.

Removed
22-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Its funny when our manager :faf: says it, he's being honest. Yet when any fan points this out, we are told the window does not slam shut for another 6 weeks, why the panic? :agree: and here was me feeling guilty as well for being a bed wetter.Maybe CC should put a plastic sheet on his bed tonight just in case :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
22-07-2011, 06:48 PM
Calderwood is an idiot who doesn't have a clue. Source? The horse's mouth.

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

mixuok
22-07-2011, 06:50 PM

If we're not ready for the new season, it's not the fans fault or the players, 100% the management and Board. fills me with confidence for the coming season :rolleyes: :confused:

wazoo1875
22-07-2011, 06:59 PM
How long have we been after a RB?.. Since Whittaker went to rangers mate, far too long. I cannae believe the squad we're starting a season with. I'm genuinely bricking myself for the game on Sunday, I just hope Celtic are not firing on all cylinders and we defend well or I fear a massacre :-(

Zazu62
22-07-2011, 07:13 PM
How inexperienced is our back 4???

thats what worries me.

ancient hibee
22-07-2011, 07:15 PM
He is of course only saying exactly the same as Terry Butcher but not putting it as strongly.The season is starting too early-particularly in relation to other leagues and clubs are still trying to fill their squads.

Saorsa
22-07-2011, 07:22 PM
He is of course only saying exactly the same as Terry Butcher but not putting it as strongly.The season is starting too early-particularly in relation to other leagues and clubs are still trying to fill their squads.There's been plenty of time. We had one of the biggest rebuilding jobs of any team and it needed serious work but instead we've had the Calderwood will he, won't he, which bag of sweeties will he choose saga and now we're losing out on players tae teams we shouldnae be.

Saorsa
22-07-2011, 07:24 PM
Its funny when our manager :faf: says it, he's being honest. Yet when any fan points this out, we are told the window does not slam shut for another 6 weeks, why the panic?:agree:

Jonnyboy
22-07-2011, 07:25 PM

CC needs to be pulled up for undermining the club G :greengrin

Saorsa
22-07-2011, 07:25 PM
CC needs to be pulled up for undermining the club G :greengrin:hilarious

delbert
22-07-2011, 07:36 PM
And why are'nt we ready Mr. Calderwood? You've only known this season starts tomorrow since you joined the club. Perhaps it's baecause you have'nt been arsed for the last month, just waiting to see how much you would get if you managed to pick up one of two apparent job offers elsewhere. But all of a sudden these look to have gone away (for now) and you actually have to get back to doing the job you are contracted to do after taking the last month off. 2 forwards to start the season with, an ineffectual midfield bolstered by er, nobody actually, a defence with no right back, massively inexperienced, although one centre half signed to replace all that left, a fluid goalkeeping situation 9 months after you joined the club, and we still don't know for sure the identity of our club captain from week to week. Yup ideal Mr. Calderwood, and of course none of this could have been forseen, could it? so it must be somebody elses fault. We may yet look back on last season overall as a success!

Captain Trips
22-07-2011, 07:39 PM
There's been plenty of time. We had one of the biggest rebuilding jobs of any team and it needed serious work but instead we've had the Calderwood will he, won't he, which bag of sweeties will he choose saga and now we're losing out on players tae teams we shouldnae be.

Indeed when are the people in charge at Hibs going to put the same amount of time, thought and effort into the playing side as they do to bricks and mortar? If the manager is perhaps suggesting we are short that might be the excuses in early.

From board to pitch a total joke and the lot of them should be sacked, Hibs should be almost ready but for the odd back up player. I really hoped after last season and the clear out a fresh emphasis might be had, its like an afterthought the team by the looks of it, clownshoes the lot of them.

(((Fergus)))
22-07-2011, 07:42 PM
Every manager is coming out with this at the moment. Celtic don't even have a first choice goalkeeper.

SneakersO'Toole
22-07-2011, 07:43 PM
This comment is just the icing on the cake on what has been a shambles of a pre-season.

erin go bragh
22-07-2011, 07:52 PM
A win on sunday and it will be calderwood the messia :na na:
Lets wait and see how things go first ,we might be surprised :greengrin
ggtth

James70
22-07-2011, 07:58 PM
He is preaching to the converted if he is asking Hibs fans to be realistic with their expectations, I doubt if any other club has fans who have so few expectations for the coming season.

hibbytam
22-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Well, yes. I think most fans would agree. Would we rather he say that we are ready, then have a thread on here saying his head is in the sand? The positive thing is that there is time, and if any glaring problems emerge at the start of the season, we can act on it immediately.

Saorsa
22-07-2011, 08:43 PM
He is preaching to the converted if he is asking Hibs fans to be realistic with their expectations, I doubt if any other club has fans who have so few expectations for the coming season.Aye it's a cracker, between them, him and Petrie have managed tae knock so much expectation out of some fans they're no even going tae bother turning up any more.

The Harp
22-07-2011, 08:57 PM
And why are'nt we ready Mr. Calderwood? You've only known this season starts tomorrow since you joined the club. Perhaps it's baecause you have'nt been arsed for the last month, just waiting to see how much you would get if you managed to pick up one of two apparent job offers elsewhere. But all of a sudden these look to have gone away (for now) and you actually have to get back to doing the job you are contracted to do after taking the last month off. 2 forwards to start the season with, an ineffectual midfield bolstered by er, nobody actually, a defence with no right back, massively inexperienced, although one centre half signed to replace all that left, a fluid goalkeeping situation 9 months after you joined the club, and we still don't know for sure the identity of our club captain from week to week. Yup ideal Mr. Calderwood, and of course none of this could have been forseen, could it? so it must be somebody elses fault. We may yet look back on last season overall as a success!

Pretty much sums it up for me. I hold CC responsible for the shambles that is Hibs right now. His head's been elsewhere since all this job speculation started and it's obviously been to the detriment of the Club. I just wish he'd walked weeks ago even if we are desperately in need of a period of stability. God knows why he felt the need to warn us not to expect too much - most of us aren't expecting ANYTHING at all. :confused:

steviehibsleith
22-07-2011, 09:04 PM
Think Calderwood is saying what previous managers have said - he gets no backing for the players he wants from the board. Maybe when he came they told him he had more resources than they are giving him so this is his way of saying to the fans what can i do .

matty_f
22-07-2011, 09:04 PM
CC needs to be pulled up for undermining the club G :greengrin :faf:

blackpoolhibs
22-07-2011, 10:09 PM

Can you not just take him round the back of the stand and shoot the removed.

Jonnyboy
22-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Can you not just take him round the back of the stand and shoot the removed.

:faf:

big bad bob
22-07-2011, 10:32 PM
CC is making excuses already for the bad results about to happen, before the season even starts, who's fault is this, CC's of course, he has not prepared us for the coming season, cause he hoped and didn't expect to be here , Petrie rightly so has not given him cash to spend cause CC would not commit himself to Hibs.
Look at the position Petrie would be in if CC walked, having spent all our available cash, Hibs requires a new manager, and Petrie has to tell the new manager, no cash & we have new players on 3 year deals you may not fancy.
Petrie is also at fault, he should have bitten Birminghams hand off, taken the 300k, got rid of a manager who has a shocking record, a manager who doesn't want to be here, a manager who hasn't lost the dressing room, he never had it (I know this 100%).

Get rid of CC NOW (before a ball is even kicked), the reason we are not ready is 100% down to him, because he wouldn't commit to us we lack new players, we lack leadership, we lack real training sessions (I know this 100%), the player don't know who is supposed to be doing what due to poor training and poor coaching.
Complain at this post all you want, but in 5 weeks you will all agree, we should have got rid of CC, why give him a chance, HE IS NOT INTERESTED IN HFC, HE DOES NOT WANT TO BE HERE, we should have had a new manager in charge 3 weeks ago, who had a chance to build and prepare.
We will get a new manager come August/September,
Either cause CC's away to BCFC or NFFC, Or more realistically due to poor reults, but his excuse will be I told you so, does this mean the man was right, NO it means the man was not doing his job.
THINK ABOUT THIS Hibs appoint you as manager, 1. you tell the fans to expect poor results, , 2. when the poor results come you say I told you so, does this justify your job,, AND WE STICK WITH YOU. NO ! gtf CC
When that happens think back to this mail and ask, why did we not take BCFC 300K, and start the season with a new manager & be propererly prepared !!!! 2011/2012 Season ruined due to lack of action - Pre-season & CC.

Ryan69
22-07-2011, 10:48 PM
Nice to see we have a defeatist incharge...That will sure push fans towards the turnstiles!

This guy is a joke! If it wasnt for him trying to play a move away then we wouldnt be in such a pickle.
No Chairman in the world is going to let a manager invest when its quiet clear they want to leave!

I really cant understand this statement, If you have nothing to say....Say nothing at all!

After all as Hibs fans its what were used to! Dont Patronise us CC!

macca70
23-07-2011, 12:02 AM
Well, yes. I think most fans would agree. Would we rather he say that we are ready, then have a thread on here saying his head is in the sand? The positive thing is that there is time, and if any glaring problems emerge at the start of the season, we can act on it immediately.

Time?! Our season starts this weekend, literally now only hours to go!

If there is 1 thing that Calderwood and Petrie have known for months, is the date the new season started and the fact that our squad needed to be seriously rebuilt.

Why wait and be reactive once the season has begun, we should have been pro-active and made the 5-6 minimum signings our squad needs.

smurf
23-07-2011, 12:19 AM

:greengrin

On a serious note you could almost hear non Hibby Scotland s******ing watching CC on STV & BBC teatime news.

Not good.

Woody1985
23-07-2011, 12:24 AM
CC is making excuses already for the bad results about to happen, before the season even starts, who's fault is this, CC's of course, he has not prepared us for the coming season, cause he hoped and didn't expect to be here , Petrie rightly so has not given him cash to spend cause CC would not commit himself to Hibs.Look at the position Petrie would be in if CC walked, having spent all our available cash, Hibs requires a new manager, and Petrie has to tell the new manager, no cash & we have new players on 3 year deals you may not fancy.Petrie is also at fault, he should have bitten Birminghams hand off, taken the 300k, got rid of a manager who has a shocking record, a manager who doesn't want to be here, a manager who hasn't lost the dressing room, he never had it (I know this 100%).Get rid of CC NOW (before a ball is even kicked), the reason we are not ready is 100% down to him, because he wouldn't commit to us we lack new players, we lack leadership, we lack real training sessions (I know this 100%), the player don't know who is supposed to be doing what due to poor training and poor coaching.Complain at this post all you want, but in 5 weeks you will all agree, we should have got rid of CC, why give him a chance, HE IS NOT INTERESTED IN HFC, HE DOES NOT WANT TO BE HERE, we should have had a new manager in charge 3 weeks ago, who had a chance to build and prepare.We will get a new manager come August/September, Either cause CC's away to BCFC or NFFC, Or more realistically due to poor reults, but his excuse will be I told you so, does this mean the man was right, NO it means the man was not doing his job. THINK ABOUT THIS Hibs appoint you as manager, 1. you tell the fans to expect poor results, , 2. when the poor results come you say I told you so, does this justify your job,, AND WE STICK WITH YOU. NO ! gtf CCWhen that happens think back to this mail and ask, why did we not take BCFC 300K, and start the season with a new manager & be propererly prepared !!!! 2011/2012 Season ruined due to lack of action - Pre-season & CC. Calm down dear, it's only a commercial.Amazing how many non regular posters pop up.

sambajustice
23-07-2011, 12:31 AM
Terry Butcher was in the paper today (yesterday) saying it was far too early a start to the season and most teams squads are nowhere near completed.

Lets hope thats the case with us!

Saying that we cant wait until the last day of the window to get some players in as there's far too many games to be played between now and then!

Callum_62
23-07-2011, 12:42 AM
what happened to the players CC was excited about?

What happened to the players O'Connor alluded to when he signed....about the standard of player CC wants to bring in?

This was well over a month ago.

we are so short its almost laughable...look at the squad numbers news story on the official...thats a squad for relegation battle

Why cant we just go out, spend couple 100K on NEEDED positions (RB and up front)....we never seem capable of that....always scrambling around with trials and frees

We have known since May how short we are...as usual we never act

we are a removed(ing) joke :wink:

Cabbage East
23-07-2011, 01:08 AM
It's the fans fault for not buying more season tickets...

Forza Fred
23-07-2011, 01:16 AM
By any objective analysis, we are in a situation that we should not be in, nor should it be glossed over.

A Sunday League team would probably have organised itself better fora season's kick off!

To start a season so under resourced (even admitted by the manger) is nothing less than as a result of gross mismanagement.

As so many have pointed out, our on field needs, and the season opening date was not something that we were not privvy to due to some mysterious circumstances out of our control.

Some may argue about where the finger of blame should be pointed, but to me its down to Calderwood and Petrie, combined.

Petrie may have done well in the past, but methinks he's still living in that era, and he's starting to look like ""Żesterday's Man"" and should not have allowed the Calderwood 'will he stay will he go'saga, to run - he should have despatched him earlier - as he no doubt will have to do after a string of poor results.

As for Calderwood, other than getting rid of a some under performers, he has done nothing to suggest we are in capable hands, and he's starting to sound more like Yogi every time I hear him.

Starting a season with such scant playing resources, only reinforces his lack of managerial competence.

We'd all be better off if he left.

big bad bob
23-07-2011, 01:49 AM
Amazing how many non regular posters pop up.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for being a 1st time poster, didn't realise only regular posters on hibs.net love Hibs and have valid comments.

Only an Idiot would find this situation funny with stupid comments like "Calm down dear, it's only a commercial ".

Woody, I will assume you are a Hibs fan, who has either been on the bevy, or is as I think, thick as £uck.

Baldy Foghorn
23-07-2011, 01:51 AM
By any objective analysis, we are in a situation that we should not be in, nor should it be glossed over.

A Sunday League team would probably have organised itself better fora season's kick off!

To start a season so under resourced (even admitted by the manger) is nothing less than as a result of gross mismanagement.

As so many have pointed out, our on field needs, and the season opening date was not something that we were not privvy to due to some mysterious circumstances out of our control.

Some may argue about where the finger of blame should be pointed, but to me its down to Calderwood and Petrie, combined.

Petrie may have done well in the past, but methinks he's still living in that era, and he's starting to look like ""Żesterday's Man"" and should not have allowed the Calderwood 'will he stay will he go'saga, to run - he should have despatched him earlier - as he no doubt will have to do after a string of poor results.

As for Calderwood, other than getting rid of a some under performers, he has done nothing to suggest we are in capable hands, and he's starting to sound more like Yogi every time I hear him.

Starting a season with such scant playing resources, only reinforces his lack of managerial competence.

We'd all be better off if he left.

:agree::agree:

Baldy Foghorn
23-07-2011, 01:51 AM
what happened to the players CC was excited about?

What happened to the players O'Connor alluded to when he signed....about the standard of player CC wants to bring in?

This was well over a month ago.

we are so short its almost laughable...look at the squad numbers news story on the official...thats a squad for relegation battle

Why cant we just go out, spend couple 100K on NEEDED positions (RB and up front)....we never seem capable of that....always scrambling around with trials and frees

We have known since May how short we are...as usual we never act

we are a removed(ing) joke :wink:

:top marks:top marks:top marks

Baldy Foghorn
23-07-2011, 01:52 AM
It's the fans fault for not buying more season tickets...

If all else fails, blame the fans:rolleyes:

AlbertK86
23-07-2011, 02:25 AM
what happened to the players CC was excited about? What happened to the players O'Connor alluded to when he signed....about the standard of player CC wants to bring in? This was well over a month ago. we are so short its almost laughable...look at the squad numbers news story on the official...thats a squad for relegation battle Why cant we just go out, spend couple 100K on NEEDED positions (RB and up front)....we never seem capable of that....always scrambling around with trials and frees We have known since May how short we are...as usual we never act we are a removed(ing) joke :wink: As mentioned earlier is CC trying to tell us he ain't getting the baking for who he wants in. He and GOC both hinted at big signings and as you say absolute zip so far ! Months we have had to build a squad. IMHO only one person to blame. RP is an egotistical ****er and must carry the can

Lucius Apuleius
23-07-2011, 05:25 AM
As mentioned earlier is CC trying to tell us he ain't getting the baking for who he wants in. He and GOC both hinted at big signings and as you say absolute zip so far ! Months we have had to build a squad. IMHO only one person to blame. RP is an egotistical ****er and must carry the can

No dough eh?

:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa

GGTTH

SanFranHibs
23-07-2011, 05:41 AM
I am really concerned about our central defence in regards to high balls into the box....

I just read that in one of the pre season friendlies the ball went into the away crowd behind the goal for a goal kick and when one of their supporters threw it back in they scored from it !!

Shurely not !!

micksoo
23-07-2011, 06:13 AM
Just had a look at the new squad numbers list and noted that we only have 16 outfield players with any real competitive first team experience. I am all for bringing through youngsters however I think it is dangerous to rely upon them. So with Hart and Sodje injured we need to pick 10 from 14 or throw in someone untried. Obvious - we need more players, that's where we are 'short of where we need to be'.

GloryGlory
23-07-2011, 06:18 AM
As mentioned earlier is CC trying to tell us he ain't getting the baking for who he wants in. He and GOC both hinted at big signings and as you say absolute zip so far ! Months we have had to build a squad. IMHO only one person to blame. RP is an egotistical ****er and must carry the can

Better get down to Greggs pronto! :greengrin

SanFranHibs
23-07-2011, 06:25 AM

I seen him at the top of Leith Walk with it !! I put in a couple of quid !!!

Not sure what it was for but as it was Rod and he was wearing his best tache I thought it must be for a good cause.

:greengrin

Septimus
23-07-2011, 06:34 AM
ggtth

We might even be above the Jams on goal average by Sunday late afternoon!!!!

SanFranHibs
23-07-2011, 06:39 AM
ggtth

JC, maybe......but we're useless on crosses !

:wink:

EasterRoad4Ever
23-07-2011, 06:52 AM

I just read this quote as well in the Scotsman, and is it nothing short of a DISGRACE. This is a clear admission by the management team at ER, and the Board, not doing their jobs. Ad you say, the have had MONTHS to prepare for this summer. Last year was a disaster on all footballing fronts, and this appears to be an admission that we're in for more of the same - if not worse. CC and the Board should be brought to task for this, docked wages, and made to explain how they have got us into this mess.

What does this say to the ST holders ?

matty_f
23-07-2011, 07:00 AM
I just read this quote as well in the Scotsman, and is it nothing short of a DISGRACE. This is a clear admission by the management team at ER, and the Board, not doing their jobs. Ad you say, the have had MONTHS to prepare for this summer. Last year was a disaster on all footballing fronts, and this appears to be an admission that we're in for more of the same - if not worse. CC and the Board should be brought to task for this, docked wages, and made to explain how they have got us into this mess.

What does this say to the ST holders ?

There aren't enough of them?:rolleyes:

CC has said that we're as well prepared as we could be given the time we've had to do it. Terry Butcher has been saying that the early start to the season is a joke and that most squads won't be ready yet. Is he being vilified the same as CC?

Saorsa
23-07-2011, 07:03 AM
There aren't enough of them?:rolleyes:

CC has said that we're as well prepared as we could be given the time we've had to do it. Terry Butcher has been saying that the early start to the season is a joke and that most squads won't be ready yet. Is he being vilified the same as CC?Folk have paying paying up for years, we had more ST holders last time and more the time before that and more the time before that, what good did it do then, the product on the park in that time has continued on it's journey doon the pan and round the U-bend. Now a lot of folk have a had a gut full and I dinnae blame them. If this season turns out anything like the last I'll be joining them, throwing away hundreds of pounds a season on garbage is getting ****in' boring now.

Petrie & Co. are the ones running Hibs and they and their policies alone are resposible for the situation Hibs are in on the park. If they're happy tae take the credit for the off field stuff they can bloody well take the flak for the ****in' farce we have become on it and the blame for the resultant drop in crowds.

matty_f
23-07-2011, 07:07 AM
Folk have paying paying up for years, we had more ST holders last time and more the time before that and more the time before that, what good did it do then, the product on the park in that time has continued on it's journey doon the pan and round the U-bend. Now a lot of folk have a had a gut full and I dinnae blame them. If this season turns out anything like the last I'll be joining them, throwing away hundreds of pounds a season on garbage is getting ****in' boring now.

Petrie & Co. are the ones running Hibs and they and their policies alone are resposible for the situation Hibs are in on the park. If they're happy tae take the credit for the off field stuff they can bloody well take the flak for the ****in' farce we have become on it and the blame for the resultant drop in crowds.

We got the players we paid for last season and the season before that and the season before that.

Saorsa
23-07-2011, 07:12 AM
We got the players we paid for last season and the season before that and the season before that.Well if that's the best we're going tae get for the money we're paying they'll find there'll be less and less folk paying for it so they better come up with something before there's naebody left. If I hadnae already, I wouldnae be now.

matty_f
23-07-2011, 07:23 AM
Well if that's the best we're going tae get for the money we're paying they'll find there'll be less and less folk paying for it so they better come up with something before there's naebody left. If I hadnae already, I wouldnae be now.

You should have said before. :agree:

JCHibby
23-07-2011, 08:04 AM

Macca- was just talking to a boy at work about this very thing. Preparation is a joke, we have known since Hughes was in play that we would be losing a stack of players, CC knew when he came in and then here we are 24 hrs before kick off saying we are no where near where we should be. Something very wrong down ER at present.

Stay of those turbo shandys the morn eh!

blackpoolhibs
23-07-2011, 09:27 AM
We got the players we paid for last season and the season before that and the season before that.

And St Johnstone Kilmarnock and Inverness, not forgetting Motherwell got the team they paid for too, cheaper than we did.

matty_f
23-07-2011, 03:40 PM
And St Johnstone Kilmarnock and Inverness, not forgetting Motherwell got the team they paid for too, cheaper than we did.

:agree: It's not what you've got, it's what you do with it...

blackpoolhibs
23-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Exactly something we both have said for a long time.

NAE NOOKIE
23-07-2011, 06:12 PM
I was ****in' STUNNED when I saw CC on the news come out with the statement he did. I never thought that I would ever hear a Hibs manager come out with such a defeatist statement 48 hours before the start of the season.

It may be true. It may be realistic .... But as a football / Hibs fan I just dont want to bloody hear it !!!

If you come out and say " we will struggle to compete with the OF or the Yams then OK. But to sound like you think even Killie or Dunfermline etc will be too much for us then as far as I am concerned he can sod off !!!

Folk used to take the piss out of Joe Tortolano & Benny Brazil & their ilk ..... But whatever they were they wern't ****ing quitters and bloody defeatists. I want our manager to be out there telling me the team will give their all and so will he, not making sodding excuses before I have had the first chance to make use of my £400 season ticket.

All I can say in response to a club who allows its manager to come out with the statement he did is

GET A F*** UCK ....ING GRIP !!!!!!

:grr:

HFC 0-7
23-07-2011, 06:38 PM
Dont get why people are defnding CC coments on here by saying that he is just saying what every manager is saying and that every other team is in the same boat because of the earlier start to the season. If its the same for every other club then how can we be worse off and why should we be lowering our expectations. Every team has had the same amount of preparation time, if we arent ready to compete with the other teams then its the fault of CC and the board.

Craig_in_Prague
23-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Dont get why people are defnding CC coments on here by saying that he is just saying what every manager is saying and that every other team is in the same boat because of the earlier start to the season. If its the same for every other club then how can we be worse off and why should we be lowering our expectations. Every team has had the same amount of preparation time, if we arent ready to compete with the other teams then its the fault of CC and the board.

:agree:

not to forget, we pay around 4th highest wages in the league, have 3rd best facilities, one of the best youth set ups, and also a chance to re build a large part of the squad.

so to sit the day before the 1st game and for so many of us to feel to damn peed off rather being excited, is a ridiculous situation that once again feels like the fans are let down. Sick of people blaiming the people not buying ST's, we still have a bigger support than most in the league, so no excuse to have low standards.

The whole club needs to wake up and start doing better.

Gatecrasher
23-07-2011, 08:30 PM
i would imagine most squads aren't fully prepared for the season yet, both the old firm are still looking for players, TB has said his team isn't ready as yet. I think the English market is only just starting to get going, fingers crossed there is more on the way. I don't see this being a big problem with 5 weeks left in the window