PDA

View Full Version : Which starting 11 is stronger? Last season or this season

Hibeescott
22-07-2011, 04:31 PM
I was interested to see the starting 11 from the first game of last season against Motherwell, a season in which we spent most of the time in the bottom 6.

Our team that day was:

GK: Stack
RB: Hart
LB:Hanlon
CB: Bamba
CB: Hogg
RM: De Graff
CM: McBride
CM: Miller
LM: Riordan
ST: Nish
ST: Stokes

Everyone will have their own opinion as to what the starting 11 will be on Sunday, but I am putting what I believe would be our best team:

GK: Stack
DR: Taggart
DC: Hanlon
DC: O'Hanlon
DC: Booth
DM: Palsson
MC: Wotherspoon
MC: Thornhill
RW: Sproule
LW: Galbraith
ST: O'Connor

Which team does everyone think is stronger?

ManBearPig
22-07-2011, 04:53 PM
That's a tough one miller and mcbride in top form I would've chosen last seasons 11. But miller especially let us down later in year we can't really decide honestly until we see how the new team gels on Sunday. I hope no one is expecting miracles it takes time for team to get up to speed and chemistry to show.

Hibeescott
22-07-2011, 07:15 PM
Interesting that its an even split so far!

Dinkydoo
22-07-2011, 08:56 PM
Going simply by the form the starting XI consistently displayed last season I'd go with the current first team - the difference is marginal though.

De Graff seems to be a different player and the the defence looks a little more solid but it is a tough one.

DR and Nish did f' all last season so i'd say that Sproule, O'Connor and Galbraith look a bit more likely to score a goal against the smellies than they were had we faced then on the opening day of the season but as I've said, it's a close call.

Hardly inspiring stuff.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-07-2011, 09:05 PM
Got to go for this season's line up. Only reason is that the eleven that start are the players that CC has chosen or deemed fit to wear the shirt. That means that the buck stops with him and not with previous incumbents. The "no excuses 11", if you like.....

Sir David Gray
22-07-2011, 09:31 PM
Probably about even.

We'll have the same goalkeeper, probably the same sort of quality in defence, the midfield will probably be better this season but the attack will be weaker.

KWJ
23-07-2011, 07:36 AM
Haven't voted. Going by those teams I'd say the first one but purely because of Stokes. Once he left I'd say this seasons.

Danderhall Hibs
23-07-2011, 08:28 AM
This season's team is stronger on paper IMO. We've got a decent squad of 13-14 players - our problems start as soon as one of the 1st picks gets injured or suspended.

Don Giovanni
23-07-2011, 11:26 AM
This time last year we had a stronger squad.

The line-up tomorow will be interesting. There are questions over most positions it would seem. Looks like we will be forced to play 4-5-1 with O'Connor having to last 90mins. Restrictive and far from ideal im afraid.

Judas Iscariot
23-07-2011, 11:36 AM
Last season by a country mile! We dont have any goals in the current squad

PeterboroHibee
23-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Think its a tough one, we dont really know what sort of 11 hes going to put out tomorrow and no idea how they are going to perform. Apart from Bamba and Stokes I would rather have this seasons starting 11, but I still think there is a lot of work to be done on it (as well as the squad as a whole)!

ManBearPig
23-07-2011, 10:48 PM
This time last year we had a stronger squad.

The line-up tomorow will be interesting. There are questions over most positions it would seem. Looks like we will be forced to play 4-5-1 with O'Connor having to last 90mins. Restrictive and far from ideal im afraid.

Does anyone have a 'magic powder' that can maybe make GOC last 90 mins?

I'm no worried jis 'Gie the baw tae Ivan and let him run rings roond the timothys.