PDA

View Full Version : Calderwood's Thoughts On The Season Ahead!!

Gettin' Auld
22-07-2011, 04:25 PM
He doesn't sound like a man trying to pull in more players........I dunno whether to laugh or cry.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14248540.stm

Elephant Stone
22-07-2011, 04:28 PM
"I can't see us starting the season in the type of form that will take us there,"

Sounds good CC, roll on Sunday!

Saorsa
22-07-2011, 04:34 PM
He doesn't sound like a man trying to pull in more players........I dunno whether to laugh or cry.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14248540.stmThat should have folk rushing tae buy tickets.

CmoantheHibs
22-07-2011, 04:41 PM
Sounds to me like he has faith in the character of the squad, though not in the squad depth.If he feels this squad have character and he adds to it well then it bodes well for the future.Im guessing things havent develloped in the transfer market, as he(and most supporters), would have liked but better to wait for the right players than waste cash on someone you dont think will add to the squad.

Baldy Foghorn
22-07-2011, 04:45 PM
"I can't see us starting the season in the type of form that will take us there,"

Sounds good CC, roll on Sunday!

Absolutely dreadful statement to make.... Might be honest but not what you want a manager to say ahead of opening fixture......

weecounty hibby
22-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Absolutely dreadful statement to make.... Might be honest but not what you want a manager to say ahead of opening fixture......

Yip, would be much better to say "we'll whip Celtic and then go on a run that will see us challenging for the title till the last day". C'mon, no matter what he says here he would get destroyed for it. I think he is making an honest judgement on it and hopefully by the end of the window he will be making far more positive noises after signing some new faces.

Jay
22-07-2011, 04:49 PM
He's not telling us anything we didnt know. Look at the score predictions and the "where will we finish" threads on here and nobody thinks we are good enough to hit a European place. Hopefully there is a YET at the end of that sentence and we will be but kinda hoped it would be sooner rather than the later he hints at.

sevenil
22-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Is that meant to be a rallying call from CC to the fans and players?

It reminds me of a segment in a Training Course on how NOT to do Management & Leadership. We are in trouble big time.

Baldy Foghorn
22-07-2011, 04:53 PM
Yip, would be much better to say "we'll whip Celtic and then go on a run that will see us challenging for the title till the last day". C'mon, no matter what he says here he would get destroyed for it. I think he is making an honest judgement on it and hopefully by the end of the window he will be making far more positive noises after signing some new faces.

Maybe "it will be a tough start, but we have prepared for this, and will give it 100% effort to try and win" would have been better...

Baldy Foghorn
22-07-2011, 04:53 PM
Is that meant to be a rallying call from CC to the fans and players?

It reminds me of a segment in a Training Course on how NOT to do Management & Leadership. We are in trouble big time.

David Brent management style

marinello59
22-07-2011, 05:18 PM
And here's what he said in the Newsletter about the game on Sunday.

Calderwood said: "I'm excited about it and I hope our fans are as well. I hope their intrigue, interest and support for the club will lead them to Easter Road.

"You are going to see something interesting develop at Easter Road this season, so please come and watch the beginning of it.

"I'm in charge of the club and really looking forward to an appetising opener. We can set some sort of benchmark.

"But the most important one is results-based and we need to make sure we take something from the game."

Big Frank
22-07-2011, 05:23 PM

:top marks

Baldy Foghorn
22-07-2011, 05:24 PM

He says one thing in one quote then another thing later, is CC schizophrenic?

blackpoolhibs
22-07-2011, 05:26 PM
This guy is a fool, when running a football club those in charge are obliged to try and talk all things Hibs up, but not with this clown bumbling along from interview to interview. Yet for some its fine, at least he's telling us the truth.

He should be sacked now, forget about keeping him, forget about compensation, he's easter roads Mr removed bean. GTF CALDERWOOD.

sahib
22-07-2011, 05:27 PM

I wonder if he has bipolar disorder.

marinello59
22-07-2011, 05:30 PM

He'd fit in well here if he had. :greengrin

BEEJ
22-07-2011, 05:33 PM

He says one thing in one quote then another thing later, is CC schizophrenic?
I've always thought CC is a more effective communicator in print, a medium which allows him to organise his thoughts and spell out his thinking.

He is not well-suited to answering a barrage of questions in a news conference. Probably why he wouldn't mind returning to a job as an Assistant Manager if the opportunity presented itself.

Saorsa
22-07-2011, 05:34 PM
And here's what he said in the Newsletter about the game on Sunday.Yeah I read that, I'm less excited than I would be about a visit tae the dentist. I cannae wait tae see what develops or what the benchmark is.

marinello59
22-07-2011, 05:38 PM
Yeah I read that, I'm less excited than I would be about a visit tae the dentist. I cannae wait tae see what develops or what the benchmark is.

Go and sink a few beers ya miserable sod. :greengrin

Saorsa
22-07-2011, 05:41 PM
Go and sink a few beers ya miserable sod. :greengrinI'll be making sure I have a few before the game on Sunday :cheers: need tae get a carry out for the house though because of the stupid bloody day and KO time :grr: 1st game of the season 12:30 on a bloody Sunday :bitchy:

marinello59
22-07-2011, 05:45 PM
I'll be making sure I have a few before the game on Sunday :cheers: need tae get a carry out for the house though because of the stupid bloody day and KO time :grr: 1st game of the season 12:30 on a bloody Sunday :bitchy:
:greengrin

Removed
22-07-2011, 06:30 PM
He says one thing in one quote then another thing later, is CC schizophrenic? Someone else probably wrote the newsletter article

Alfred E Newman
22-07-2011, 06:35 PM

After watching his interview on the box, it wouldn`t surprise me if I opened tomorrows paper and found out that he has topped himself.

FranckSuzy
22-07-2011, 06:39 PM
After watching his interview on the box, it wouldn`t surprise me if I opened tomorrows paper and found out that he has topped himself.

:tsk tsk:

SmokieJoe
22-07-2011, 06:46 PM

Could this be just to soften us up for another poor season, i for one have had nothing but posative things to say regarding hibs/CC, but its either kidology or we are ****ed!

Baldy Foghorn
22-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Someone else probably wrote the newsletter article

One thing for sure Billy, there is no consistency from one quote to another

Scorrie
22-07-2011, 06:49 PM
This guy is a fool, when running a football club those in charge are obliged to try and talk all things Hibs up, but not with this clown bumbling along from interview to interview. Yet for some its fine, at least he's telling us the truth.

He should be sacked now, forget about keeping him, forget about compensation, he's easter roads Mr removed bean. GTF CALDERWOOD.

Still sitting on the fence aye? :greengrin

BEEJ
22-07-2011, 06:51 PM
Someone else probably wrote the newsletter article
More likely that the newsletter article was written earlier in the week when things perhaps looked a bit more positive.

Duffys13
22-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Part of me still thinks there is time to get more in but like many I would have wanted them in for pre season. What dissapoints me is when we released all these players, which was meant to be part of this masterplan, I thought we would be looking at a lot of fresh players coming in well in time for pre season. I really can't beleive how thread bare we are for the start of an important season, this is why I question what is going on at Hibs behind the scenes right now.

Northfield Hibby
22-07-2011, 06:58 PM
More likely that the newsletter article was written earlier in the week when things perhaps looked a bit more positive.

More likely that it was written by someone else!!! :greengrin

Hibbyradge
23-07-2011, 09:23 AM

Wembley67
23-07-2011, 09:25 AM
oooo ooo oooo I wonder who the first will be to over analyse this and pick out words that can be interpreted in various ways.

FromTheCapital
23-07-2011, 10:10 AM
A nice little morale booster for the fans and squad...

:rolleyes:

BEEJ
23-07-2011, 10:16 AM
Done to death on other threads already.

Do keep up. :greengrin

Gettin' Auld
23-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Could this be just to soften us up for another poor season, i for one have had nothing but posative things to say regarding hibs/CC, but its either kidology or we are ****ed!

It sure doesn't do much to gee up the fans, but what about the players?

I wonder what they think when their own manager makes what can be read as "negative statements" about the teams chances for the season?

Unless he's an expert on reverse psychology, i can't see how statements like that will fire up the team and it sure won't encourage more fans along to Easter Rd.

I've always liked CC and hoped things would improve for us this season........He's managing to make me change my mind though.

Groathillgrump
23-07-2011, 11:00 AM

After watching or listening to any of his interviews I usually feel like topping myself. What a dour, uninspiring man. :bitchy: