PDA

View Full Version : Hearts opponents in Europa cup (NHC)/Other Hungarian football fan info

maturehibby
22-07-2011, 02:32 PM
They are playing in Paks the only city in Hungary which has a Nuclear reactor in it So when the true Hearts Fans come back from the game they will be easily recognised by the ironic green glow they will emit .
Just back from Hungary and with the exception of Budapest the other places are nearer third country - so tey will find it just like being back at Gorgie.
Another point I will make about Hungarian fans is that like us they have a "Casual" element as i was in the town of Klaggenfurt in southern Austria when the Neo Nazi element of Videoton a team we played in the 1990's made their way through the town centre the evening that they were playing Sturm Graz there - about 150 skinheads with no tops on (lovely evening granted)came strutting through the city centre with a large policepresence following them not that they seemed concerned by this and as they came along several stopped and urinated in lovely flower beds and made racist remarks to an Asian lady and her two children in the street and then strolled along towards the stadium .
Was quite happy to see that they got beat 2-0 and won 3-2 on return leg but are out now

Future17
22-07-2011, 03:56 PM
They are playing in Paks the only city in Hungary which has a Nuclear reactor in it So when the true Hearts Fans come back from the game they will be easily recognised by the ironic green glow they will emit .
Just back from Hungary and with the exception of Budapest the other places are nearer third country - so tey will find it just like being back at Gorgie.
Another point I will make about Hungarian fans is that like us they have a "Casual" element as i was in the town of Klaggenfurt in southern Austria when the Neo Nazi element of Videoton a team we played in the 1990's made their way through the town centre the evening that they were playing Sturm Graz there - about 150 skinheads with no tops on (lovely evening granted)came strutting through the city centre with a large policepresence following them not that they seemed concerned by this and as they came along several stopped and urinated in lovely flower beds and made racist remarks to an Asian lady and her two children in the street and then strolled along towards the stadium .
Was quite happy to see that they got beat 2-0 and won 3-2 on return leg but are out now

If they end up playing Paks, it will be a good draw for Hearts. The standard of Hungarian football has been going downhill in recent years, with young talent being poached at a very early age by clubs in neighbouring countries who can offer more money and better facilities.

In some ways that has been what's allowed Paks to qualify for European competition (for what I think is the first time) as the traditionally "bigger" teams such as Fenerbahce and Debrecen have struggled to replace players who have departed. Videoton are the current league champions.

As you say, the town of Paks has a nuclear reactor in it, but that's about all it has. Not a particularly nice place to visit.

I don't know much about Tromso but was surprised to see Paks win - especially by doing the damage in Norway - although they were maybe just delighted to be away from home!

I expect Hearts to win through.

CmoantheHibs
22-07-2011, 04:08 PM

Its not exactly thuggish behaviour wearing no tops and peeing in public aint exactly criminal either.Its commonplace here in thailand as in many other countries.As for being 3rd world(country) I would count that as a plus as most countries I have been to the poorer people are more friendly and welcoming.Everyone is different of course.Ive not even seen the draw but hope their exit is imminent shortly and they dont scar the Scottish reputation too much.

Future17
22-07-2011, 04:21 PM
Its not exactly thuggish behaviour wearing no tops and peeing in public aint exactly criminal either.Its commonplace here in thailand as in many other countries.As for being 3rd world(country) I would count that as a plus as most countries I have been to the poorer people are more friendly and welcoming.Everyone is different of course.Ive not even seen the draw but hope their exit is imminent shortly and they dont scar the Scottish reputation too much.

Try it in town next time you're on a night out then! :greengrin

CmoantheHibs
22-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Try it in town next time you're on a night out then! :greengrin

:wink:I do it all the time over here.Unfortunately Im at home tonight and have to try and pee straight.:greengrin