PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Hamilton ST Prices

The_Exile
22-07-2011, 12:25 PM
http://www.acciesfc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1054&Itemid=215

£130 for an adult and 2 kids under 10, would be interested to see the business model behind this decision! Walk up price is £16, so even if you were only going to 7 or 8 games a season, would be well worth getting an ST. Think Rod would go for something like this? Realistically I know nothing like this would ever happen down ER, say we get 8000 ST's this year at 400 quid, does anyone think, in all honestly, if we cut that price from 400 to 200 quid plus 2 kids under 10, that we would fill the stadium?

Centre Hawf
22-07-2011, 12:30 PM
I think there more pushing to fill the stadium for the same money as 2000 fans turning up. Good idea if it works. Horrible if it doesnt.

The_Exile
22-07-2011, 12:43 PM
Think it targets people who wouldn't normally by a ST, taking the kids along might get them into the habit of going and it being a fun day out (fun, watching Hamilton, I know, I know), will be interesting to see how their crowds do this year and if it works this year, if they stay high for the following few seasons. Didn't Motherwell try something like this and it backfired?

bpw
22-07-2011, 02:15 PM
Think it targets people who wouldn't normally by a ST, taking the kids along might get them into the habit of going and it being a fun day out (fun, watching Hamilton, I know, I know), will be interesting to see how their crowds do this year and if it works this year, if they stay high for the following few seasons. Didn't Motherwell try something like this and it backfired?

Motherwell got into trouble because of their wage bill - pricing did not have big impact.