PDA

View Full Version : Calderwood SSN 1300hrs

JustSimplyHibs
22-07-2011, 12:15 PM
Long term future at Hibs :thumbsup:

Good luck for the season ahead bud, positive you and the players will be successful this season and carry onto next.

2-1 Hibs this Sun...."mon the Hibs" :cgwa:flag::cgwa:flag:

bighairyfaeleith
22-07-2011, 12:17 PM
Long term future at Hibs :thumbsup:

Good luck for the season ahead bud, positive you and the players will be successful this season and carry onto next.

2-1 Hibs this Sat...."mon the Hibs" :cgwa:flag::cgwa:flag:

unlikely

down-the-slope
22-07-2011, 12:18 PM
pleased at that as he will prove to be good for us if patience is shown (unlikley on I know :wink:)

skipster7
22-07-2011, 12:19 PM
seen that.a good wee bit on Hibs with interviews with ian murray and mentions and clips of O Connor and Agogo:thumbsup:

frazeHFC
22-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Too much positivity. :grr:

smurf
22-07-2011, 12:23 PM
Did HE actually say his long term future is at Hibs? I watched it and didn't hear him saying that.

MacBean
22-07-2011, 12:25 PM
I cant see the clip because im at work, but if this is what CC has come out and said then good on him, and about time!!!!!!

Sir David Gray
22-07-2011, 12:29 PM
First reply is a negative one! what a shock.

I cant see the clip because im at work, but if this is what CC has come out and said then good on him, and about time!!!!!!

I think BHFL was being funny.

The OP predicted a 2-1 victory to Hibs on Saturday, which was the bit that BHFL highlighted in his response.

Since Hibs are playing Celtic on Sunday, I'd tend to agree that Hibs winning 2-1 on Saturday is unlikely. :wink:

H18sry
22-07-2011, 12:31 PM
First reply is a negative one! what a shock. :doh:

:greengrin

MacBean
22-07-2011, 12:35 PM
I think BHFL was being funny.

The OP predicted a 2-1 victory to Hibs on Saturday, which was the bit that BHFL highlighted in his response.

Since Hibs are playing Celtic on Sunday, I'd tend to agree that Hibs winning 2-1 on Saturday is unlikely. :wink:

Didnt see the bold - explains it... my bad! :aok:

weeeshed

JustSimplyHibs
Did HE actually say his long term future is at Hibs? I watched it and didn't hear him saying that.

The summary before the interview stated Long Term.....am assuming he said something during the whole interview and it was not included in the 35 second clip of his interview.

iwasthere1972
unlikely

:agree: It astounds me that any real Hibs fan wouldn't know that we play Celtic on Sunday.

skipster7
22-07-2011, 12:36 PM
He didn't say that exactly, it was actually the reporter who led into the story saying "CC commits long term future to hibs". Calderwood was going on about it rattling on all summer but it hasn't changed the focus of anyone at ER.

smurf
22-07-2011, 12:44 PM
He didn't say that exactly, it was actually the reporter who led into the story saying "CC commits long term future to hibs". Calderwood was going on about it rattling on all summer but it hasn't changed the focus of anyone at ER.

Exactly. Not interested in the spin on it from the journalist. It's what CC actually says himself.

smurf
22-07-2011, 01:01 PM
The presenter says that "...Calderwood says his long term future is at Easter Road".

Then goes to film of CC in media conference.

"..we've got to get it going...you know...there's ermm..its rattled on all summer you know...but in all honesty the focus has been on pre-season training and now the focus is obviously heightened because it's the start of the season and we've got to make sure that everyone's aware of it but in reality it hasn't changed in these four walls of the training centre.."

Stevie Reid
22-07-2011, 01:24 PM
Exactly. Not interested in the spin on it from the journalist. It's what CC actually says himself.

No one believes his statement from yesterday. I can understand why people have had a problem with him over the summer, but at the same time he has always been truthful with regards to his stance.

A few weeks ago I wanted him gone but I can't see him going anywhere now and he has my full support for the coming season.

YehButNoBut
22-07-2011, 01:34 PM
Interview recorded on Blackberry, may need to turn sound up.

Presenter is like a blow up doll at the start :faf:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2u_ilmX1uo

YehButNoBut
22-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Great goal by Agogo on the SSN clip hopefully more of that to come from him. :thumbsup:

TheEastTerrace
22-07-2011, 01:39 PM
Jeez, he really is the 21st century 'mogadon Miller' - totally uninspired.

Ach well.....:rolleyes:

iwasthere1972
22-07-2011, 01:39 PM
Interview recorded on Blackberry, may need to turn sound up.

Presenter is like a blow up doll at the start :faf:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2u_ilmX1uo

Where can I order one?

Beefster
22-07-2011, 01:41 PM
So he hasn't actually committed his long-term future to Hibs - correct?

He may have said something, not broadcast, that comes out in the press but there is nothing in what Sky transmitted that says anything remotely like that. Sounds like Sky trying to create a headline out of nothing tbh.

Big Frank
22-07-2011, 01:54 PM

you're right of course. The Hibernian manager should at least be wearing tap shoes, and crack a week number off after each interview. At the very least we deserve a song. Shocking from Hibs as usual....

iwasthere1972
22-07-2011, 02:04 PM

:agree:

I've seen, on telly, prisoners on Death Row/hunger strike chirpier than CC. Can't see any enthusiasm in the guy but if he stays then he will get my backing. Well until the results start going against us.

smurf
22-07-2011, 02:07 PM
What's liam macleod of the BBC saying on his Twitter feed re what cc is saying?

Speedway
22-07-2011, 02:10 PM
What's liam macleod of the BBC saying on his Twitter feed re what cc is saying?

You'll like this.

liammcleod79Liam McLeod

Colin Calderwood warns #Hibs fans saying he does't think his team will start the season with the form req to take them where they want to be

3 hours ago

Speedway
22-07-2011, 02:11 PM
@liammcleod79Liam McLeod

#Hibs boss Calderwood said: " We will have to ride out one or two storms in the first half of the season really."

Kaiser1962
22-07-2011, 02:14 PM
No one believes his statement from yesterday. I can understand why people have had a problem with him over the summer, but at the same time he has always been truthful with regards to his stance.

A few weeks ago I wanted him gone but I can't see him going anywhere now and he has my full support for the coming season.

Pretty much.

Whats more interesting is that people are looking for direct quotes in what CC said on SSN and dissing the SKY headline because he does not actually use the words and state he is here for the long term.

Yet, as you pointed out, he makes a statement yesterday and lots of folk dont believe it and over the summer if you dont "read between the lines" and stick to what has actually been said you should be claiming DLA for blindness.

I love hibs.net:greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
22-07-2011, 02:16 PM
So he hasn't actually committed his long-term future to Hibs - correct?

He may have said something, not broadcast, that comes out in the press but there is nothing in what Sky transmitted that says anything remotely like that. Sounds like Sky trying to create a headline out of nothing tbh.

maybe they listened to his voicemail?:dunno:

Stevie Reid
22-07-2011, 02:18 PM
Pretty much.

Whats more interesting is that people are looking for direct quotes in what CC said on SSN and dissing the SKY headline because he does not actually use the words and state he is here for the long term.

Yet, as you pointed out, he makes a statement yesterday and lots of folk dont believe it and over the summer if you dont "read between the lines" and stick to what has actually been said you should be claiming DLA for blindness.

Beefster
22-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Pretty much.

That's not really the case though, is it? The statement yesterday has been directly contradicted by the player and its circumstances are open to question given the statements (on TV) from Calderwood the day before and Sheridan's actions after it. It was also in text and wasn't on TV like the rest of his statements so you can safely assume that it's been filtered through the communications people at ER.

Folk can read between the lines if they want but I'll take what I actually hear at face value. I still haven't heard him commit to Hibs and I've been pretty much defending him since his 'bags of sweeties' chat so it's unlikely that I'm trying to have a go at him for not committing.

BEEJ
22-07-2011, 03:30 PM
@liammcleod79Liam McLeod

#Hibs boss Calderwood said: " We will have to ride out one or two storms in the first half of the season really."
Is CC looking forward to the January transfer window already? :confused:

That may be a truthful and honest viewpoint (as we've come to expect from CC) but it offers an ominous vision of the next few months and does nothing to lift the current morale of the support.

(Need to watch the interview somewhere to get the context.)

Kaiser1962
22-07-2011, 03:33 PM
That's not really the case though, is it? The statement yesterday has been directly contradicted by the player and its circumstances are open to question given the statements (on TV) from Calderwood the day before and Sheridan's actions after it. It was also in text and wasn't on TV like the rest of his statements so you can safely assume that it's been filtered through the communications people at ER.

Folk can read between the lines if they want but I'll take what I actually hear at face value. I still haven't heard him commit to Hibs and I've been pretty much defending him since his 'bags of sweeties' chat so it's unlikely that I'm trying to have a go at him for not committing.

CC on Hibs TV now.

Reading between the lines already happening:greengrin

Beefster
22-07-2011, 03:41 PM
CC on Hibs TV now.

Reading between the lines already happening:greengrin

Ha, yeah! Unfortunately, I already spent about £700+ a year on Hibs so pretty reluctant, on principle, to paying even more just so that I can find out what's actually happening at the club from the club themselves. In this case, I'll take my fellow posters' word as gospel!

Kaiser1962
22-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Ha, yeah! Unfortunately, I already spent about £700+ a year on Hibs so pretty reluctant, on principle, to paying even more just so that I can find out what's actually happening at the club from the club themselves. In this case, I'll take my fellow posters' word as gospel!

I feel your pain!

Three boys and me:greengrin

Beefster
22-07-2011, 03:45 PM
I feel your pain!

Three boys and me:greengrin

Ouch! I'm dreading the increase when the boy starts going regularly without three!

snooky
22-07-2011, 03:53 PM
:agree: It astounds me that any real Hibs fan wouldn't know that we play Celtic on Sunday.

I love your optimism comparing us to yon Madrid team. :greengrin

matty_f
22-07-2011, 03:58 PM
Is CC looking forward to the January transfer window already? :confused:

That may be a truthful and honest viewpoint (as we've come to expect from CC) but it offers an ominous vision of the next few months and does nothing to lift the current morale of the support.

(Need to watch the interview somewhere to get the context.)

He's much more positive about things on HTV, I guess he's maybe been responding to a question from a journalist in the press conference when he's said he expects to ride out some bumps etc.

Talk of fans seeing something exciting developing at Easter Road this season on the HTV interview though.

Cropley10
22-07-2011, 04:01 PM
Great goal by Agogo on the SSN clip hopefully more of that to come from him. :thumbsup:

Has JA signed??

YehButNoBut
22-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Just saw this on Daily Record site highlights what has been said earlier re he thinks we will need to improve greatly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Colin Calderwood: My Hibs side won't start the season on top form (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2011/07/22/)

HIBS boss Colin Calderwood has confessed his side require a big improvement if they are to achieve their season targets. The Easter Road side begin their Clydesdale Bank Premier League campaign on Sunday with a home fixture against Celtic and the former Nottingham Forest manager is expecting a difficult start.

Calderwood has lost more than a dozen players from his squad and only signed Garry O'Connor, Ivan Sproule and Sean O'Hanlon. O'Connor has the burden of leading the line on his own with Akpo Sodje out for about a month with a knee injury. Calderwood had hoped to bringing in Cillian Sheridan on loan from CSKA Sofia following a trial period but the former Celtic forward joined St Johnstone instead.
Calderwood is hoping to push through a deal to sign former Forest forward Junior Agogo but the 32-year-old has a slight knock and the deal is yet to be completed. And the Hibs boss expects some tough times in the early part of the season until he can bring in reinforcements.

Calderwood said: "The aim for the season is European qualification via either the league or the cups.
"We'll need a real big improvement for that though. "I can't see us starting the season in the type of form that will take us to that level. "What I see is scope in the unit to improve - we'll certainly have to ride out one or two storms through the first half of the season. "Going into the first game we're not perfect and are a wee bit under-strength but hopefully we can grow as a team. "We have to deal in the fact we've got a tough opening game and then travel to Inverness which is a difficult place to go.
"Saying that we hope to take points early on and register a win in our opening three matches."
Following a disappointing spell towards the end of last season, Hibs fans opted to vote with their feet and attendances dropped considerably at home fixtures.

Calderwood is aware that his side are under pressure to produce positive results and that a poor beginning could lead to more speculation regarding his future. He has been linked with the assistant manager's posts at Nottingham Forrest and Birmingham but insists he sees his future in Edinburgh.
The 46-year-old said: "The effect of a bad start to the season can change people's minds and jobs - although if you look back a bad start hardly hampered Kilmarnock did it? "I am delighted to be at Hibernian, the speculation has dragged on all summer but my focus has been on pre-season and now it's on the opening game. "I hope the fans realise that when I go to work my concentration is firmly on the task in hand."

"We have a good opening fixture and after all of the things that seem slightly negative it's almost perfect. "It's one that the fans can look forward and will get along and support the team."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2011/07/22/colin-calderwood-my-hibs-side-won-t-start-the-season-on-top-form-86908-23289571/