PDA

View Full Version : SPL Classic - Hibernian 2-2 Motherwell

YehButNoBut
22-07-2011, 08:18 AM
A trip down memory lane from the BBC website, highlights of our first game back in the SPL in July 1999.

McLeish as manager
Billy Davies well manager
Nevin scoring for well with a header
Goram (looking chubby) in goal for well (can't remember him playing for them)
Hartley still at Hibs.
And the old West Stand

How things have changed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/14243084.stm

p=sh
22-07-2011, 01:10 PM
A trip down memory lane from the BBC website, highlights of our first game back in the SPL in July 1999.

McLeish as manager
And the old West Stand
How things have changed.

Dirk got both our goals, no?

We were a team on the up then.

sleeping giant
22-07-2011, 01:14 PM

McLeish as manager
Hartley still at Hibs.
And the old West Stand

How things have changed.

Thats the only game at Easter Road that i have been unable to get in to!
Arrived at kick off and they were not letting anyone else in. My mate wouldn't go in the Motherwell end so we ended up trudging away from the ground.

Stevie Reid
22-07-2011, 01:16 PM
Was that Fabrice Henry the number 19 with the assist for the first goal? Always thought he looked really classy, but he didn't hang around for long.

easty
22-07-2011, 01:35 PM
I always thought the lad Ged Brannan was a good player, looked poor there though.

KWJ
22-07-2011, 02:38 PM
Was that Fabrice Henry the number 19 with the assist for the first goal? Always thought he looked really classy, but he didn't hang around for long.

Loved wee Fabrice, wore his collar up. Don't think he ever played more than a half and I think his last match was coming on as a sub at Ibrox.

Stevie Nicholas getting one of his many goals against us. Scored against us for Stirling too did he not? Wonder what happened to him.

HibbyAndy
22-07-2011, 06:12 PM
Loved wee Fabrice, wore his collar up. Don't think he ever played more than a half and I think his last match was coming on as a sub at Ibrox.

Stevie Nicholas getting one of his many goals against us. Scored against us for Stirling too did he not? Wonder what happened to him.

:agree:

Like many strikers, They save there 4 goals a season up against Hibs..Did score against us for SA to IIRC..Pretty sure he played for some other crap like St.Mirren and scored against us too.

Future17
22-07-2011, 07:15 PM

McLeish as manager
Hartley still at Hibs.
And the old West Stand

How things have changed.

Player/Chief Executive! There's a phrase you don't hear very often! Replaced former Hibs coach Derek Adams - remember him? :greengrin