PDA

View Full Version : Pre Season 2010 compared to 2011

hibsboy90
21-07-2011, 09:34 PM
I've been thinking a lot about our pre season woes since watching us totally fail to inspire the other night.

Last season we beat Dunfermline well (wnet on to win the first division), this season we do nothing against a poor Falkirk side full of youngsters....

Last season we beat Blackpool (I really can't see us picking up anything against them on tuesday night)

Two seasons ago we competed with Bolton and Blackburn, passed them off the park. This season we were beaten by Barnsley and Livingston!!!!!

I'm just totally cheesed off with the way that the side is performing, and the lack of urgency to improve the product on the park. I'm under no illusions that we will struggle again this season. This is all if pre season means anything?!

Albion Hibs
21-07-2011, 09:41 PM
I've been thinking a lot about our pre season woes since watching us totally fail to inspire the other night.

Last season we beat Dunfermline well (wnet on to win the first division), this season we do nothing against a poor Falkirk side full of youngsters....

Last season we beat Blackpool (I really can't see us picking up anything against them on tuesday night)

Two seasons ago we competed with Bolton and Blackburn, passed them off the park. This season we were beaten by Barnsley and Livingston!!!!!

I'm just totally cheesed off with the way that the side is performing, and the lack of urgency to improve the product on the park. I'm under no illusions that we will struggle again this season. This is all if pre season means anything?!

What is your point?

What sort of season did we go on to have last year following the 2010 pre-season that you seem to be so excited about.

You do realise pre season results mean nothing, they dont give you extra points in the league, entry to the knock out stages of the champions league or uefa cup. Why people are hammering the team so much following a few non games is so strange to me.

Chelsea struggled to beat a mino of a team tonight, does that mean they are rank? I wonder if there fans are on there calling for players heads, saying they have not done enough in the transfer window and that the owner should be sacked?

Removed
21-07-2011, 09:49 PM
What is your point?What sort of season did we go on to have last year following the 2010 pre-season that you seem to be so excited about. You do realise pre season results mean nothing, they dont give you extra points in the league, entry to the knock out stages of the champions league or uefa cup. Why people are hammering the team so much following a few non games is so strange to me.Chelsea struggled to beat a mino of a team tonight, does that mean they are rank? I wonder if there fans are on there calling for players heads, saying they have not done enough in the transfer window and that the owner should be sacked?You never asked if he had a season ticket

Saorsa
21-07-2011, 09:50 PM
You never asked if he had a season ticket:hilarious

Wheat Hound
21-07-2011, 09:54 PM
You never asked if he had a season ticket Back of the net!!!

Craig_in_Prague
21-07-2011, 10:01 PM
What is your point?

What sort of season did we go on to have last year following the 2010 pre-season that you seem to be so excited about.

You do realise pre season results mean nothing, they dont give you extra points in the league, entry to the knock out stages of the champions league or uefa cup. Why people are hammering the team so much following a few non games is so strange to me.

Chelsea struggled to beat a mino of a team tonight, does that mean they are rank? I wonder if there fans are on there calling for players heads, saying they have not done enough in the transfer window and that the owner should be sacked?

The OP is quite young and on the face of it, Hibs performances and results have both been concerning in pre season. Results and performances are indeed not that important in pre season, but to mention the likes of Chelsea poor results is a bit strange. A side that their fans know will be competing for things, where as the Hibs pre season has shown that theirs more holes in our team than in a tramps sock.

hibsboy90
21-07-2011, 10:01 PM
What is your point?

2010 pre season provided at least a glimmer of hope, and I'd be very interested to see what kind of season we would have had last year had Stokes not been sold so very late on. But thats a debate for another day.

2009 we had a successful season, a new manager and fresh hope following a decent pre season. Whilst I agree the results themselves mean nothing, its the performances that matter, Falkirk were on top for the first 45 on Tuesday, we were poor against Livingston also. I can take losing pre season games as long there is evidence of fight and good play, I have seen very little of this in our current pre season.

Also, at no point am I calling for Calderwood or Petrie to go right now, merely reminding people of how we had performed prior to the new seasons in previous years, I had a positive feeling those years. This year however I fear for us.

And yes I have a ST :greengrin

Sammy7nil
21-07-2011, 10:02 PM
What is your point?

there are lots and lots of unhappy Chelsea fans and the have spent plenty