PDA

View Full Version : OK Sir Tom

Captain Trips
21-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Nice big state of the art fancy garage, underperforming compared to others with lesser facilities, time to get it into shape with folk that know what they are doing on shop floor. Could be doing so so much more for you.

Peevemor
21-07-2011, 09:30 PM
Nice big state of the art fancy garage, underperforming compared to others with lesser facilities, time to get it into shape with folk that know what they are doing on shop floor. Could be doing so so much more for you.

If making money was his only concern, he either wouldn't have got involved in the first place or would hve closed it down years ago.

Crap thread.

Captain Trips
21-07-2011, 09:32 PM
If making money was his only concern, he either wouldn't have got involved in the first place or would hve closed it down years ago.

Crap thread.

Never said it was his only concern, it could be doing a lot better though.

SanFranHibs
21-07-2011, 09:33 PM

He'd have a heart attack as soon as he heard 'Arise.....'

:greengrin

Albion Hibs
21-07-2011, 09:36 PM

Crap thread.

Agreed, now it is the nightly shot at the guy who saved us and has done so much for us over the years. Spolit child syndrome is the one thing he is guilty of creating....by giving us a stadium and training centre we seem to think that the xmas list starts again the next day.

Anyone that has a shot at STF wants to have a good word with themselves. He has invested plenty, and the majority of folk that give him stick have not even invested in a ST, let alone anything else, alas there view is irrelevant.

McSwanky
21-07-2011, 09:37 PM
If making money was his only concern, he either wouldn't have got involved in the first place or would hve closed it down years ago.Crap thread. Poor chat. Point is, Sir Tom knows how to get the right people to run a successful business (i.e. high levels of customer satisfaction, good marketing etc. etc.) so maybe he could apply a little of this acumen to Hibs.Harsh to dismiss this as a crap thread (although it did make me laugh....)

Peevemor
21-07-2011, 09:37 PM
Never said it was his only concern, it could be doing a lot better though.

:yawn:

McSwanky
21-07-2011, 09:39 PM
Agreed, now it is the nightly shot at the guy who saved us and has done so much for us over the years. Spolit child syndrome is the one thing he is guilty of creating....by giving us a stadium and training centre we seem to think that the xmas list starts again the next day. Anyone that has a shot at STF wants to have a good word with themselves. He has invested plenty, and the majority of folk that give him stick have not even invested in a ST, let alone anything else, alas there view is irrelevant. I honestly didn't think the op was having a dig at STF...

Wheat Hound
21-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Agreed, now it is the nightly shot at the guy who saved us and has done so much for us over the years. Spolit child syndrome is the one thing he is guilty of creating....by giving us a stadium and training centre we seem to think that the xmas list starts again the next day. Anyone that has a shot at STF wants to have a good word with themselves. He has invested plenty, and the majority of folk that give him stick have not even invested in a ST, let alone anything else, alas there view is irrelevant. Ah, so those of us unable to afford season tics but who make as many games as they can afford, don't have 'relevant' views? I don't think the OP was actually having a go at STF but was merely saying he could intervene and review the performance of those he has placed in charge, much as he would with any other under performing business of his.

Captain Trips
21-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Agreed, now it is the nightly shot at the guy who saved us and has done so much for us over the years. Spolit child syndrome is the one thing he is guilty of creating....by giving us a stadium and training centre we seem to think that the xmas list starts again the next day.

Anyone that has a shot at STF wants to have a good word with themselves. He has invested plenty, and the majority of folk that give him stick have not even invested in a ST, let alone anything else, alas there view is irrelevant.

Who is having a shot at STF? I am saying he should makle some changes at the club and get football back into focus as I do not believe the current board are the way to go forward now the infrastucture is in place. STF is the person whom can make some changes there so no I am not having a pop at STF, I am having a pop at Petrie and Co.

new malkyhib
21-07-2011, 09:42 PM

Anyone that has a shot at STF wants to have a good word with themselves. He has invested plenty, and the majority of folk that give him stick have not even invested in a ST, let alone anything else, alas there view is irrelevant.How do you know that? And is any counter view to yours now deemed as "irrelevant"?

It's the guy's point of view - is he not entitled to it?

His very succinct point, if i'm reading it right, is for Farmer to get more involved day-to-day.

I for one am also curious if someone like him (STF) is comfortable with being associated with an organisation that is alienating a lot of its customers/fan base to the degree of disconnection with the club that a lot of us feel right now.

Captain Trips
21-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Ah, so those of us unable to afford season tics but who make as many games as they can afford, don't have 'relevant' views? I don't think the OP was actually having a go at STF but was merely saying he could intervene and review the performance of those he has placed in charge, much as he would with any other under performing business of his.

Exactly that is what I was stating with this crap and boring thread.

Removed
21-07-2011, 09:44 PM
I honestly didn't think the op was having a dig at STF... Neither did I.

Allant1981
21-07-2011, 09:44 PM
I think its time for him to let rod spend some money, i have no doubt he tells RP to try and run a tight ship but at the end of the day the club needs to get bums on seats and if we arent getting some decent players in who will get us results then the club will start to lose a lot of money, STF is obviously a good business man and he wont want his business losibg money

Captain Trips
21-07-2011, 09:46 PM
How do you know that? And is any counter view to yours now deemed as "irrelevant"?

His very succinct point, if i'm reading it right, is for Farmer to get more involved day-to-day.

I for one am also curious if someone like him (STF) is comfortable with being associated with an organisation that is alienating a lot of its customers/fan base to the degree of disconnection with the club that a lot of us feel right now.

I am not even suggesting STF gets more involved day to day we all know he isnt that type of owner all I am suggesting is he and I am sure he is get rid of this current regime and try a fresh focus now we have some good grounding, still focusing on debts but looking at team.

Albion Hibs
21-07-2011, 09:48 PM
Who is having a shot at STF? I am saying he should makle some changes at the club and get football back into focus as I do not believe the current board are the way to go forward now the infrastucture is in place. STF is the person whom can make some changes there so no I am not having a pop at STF, I am having a pop at Petrie and Co.

Why would he want to run the club, he has people in place that know how to run a football club far better than you or I do, and that is just a fact. This has come on the back of a player that we wanted to buy going on loan i.e. the terms and conditions of him leaving the club that he owns totally changed. I have no issue with the CS matter, if St J had bought him differnt story, they did not, end of.

[/B]How do you know that? And is any counter view to yours now irrelevant?

I for one am also curious if someone like him is comfortable with being associated with an organisation that is alienating a lot of its customers/fan base to the degree of disconnection with the club that a lot of us feel right now.

I would make the same comment, why should STF get more involved because a few folk on some fans web site are bored tonight and unhappy with the way a football club is being run, given all of there experience gained from a computer game, it is riduiculous.

The club is running itself as a business and not pandering to its section of over sensitive fans that are happy to have a moan about anything. If you all want a cuddle and made to feel special, go an visit a friend or relative.

Captain Trips
21-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Why would he want to run the club, he has people in place that know how to run a football club far better than you or I do, and that is just a fact. This has come on the back of a player that we wanted to buy going on loan i.e. the terms and conditions of him leaving the club that he owns totally changed. I have no issue with the CS matter, if St J had bought him differnt story, they did not, end of.

I would make the same comment, why should STF get more involved because a few folk on some fans web site are bored tonight and unhappy with the way a football club is being run, given all of there experience gained from a computer game, it is riduiculous.

The club is running itself as a business and not pandering to its section of over sensitive fans that are happy to have a moan about anything. If you all want a cuddle and made to feel special, go an visit a friend or relative.

I have stated points like this over last 12mths so it is not based on anything to do with Sheridan, as it was all going so fantastically well up until the Sheridan deal wasnt it. So sorry you have it totally wrong regarding why I posted this. He may have folk running club whom know better than I do but still can make comment, so I assume you never question a mangers decision then as they know better than you, never questioned selections, signings or subs?

Where did I ask him to run club? I suggested he goes about bringing in others to run club geared towrds footballing matters, he can still do whatever he is doing after that.

Saorsa
21-07-2011, 09:57 PM
The club is running itself as a business A business that's losing customers in droves!

And yes I do Have a season ticket and have been going tae Easter Road longer than you've been alive, hope that makes my views relevant :hilarious

jabis
21-07-2011, 10:00 PM
How do you know that? And is any counter view to yours now deemed as "irrelevant"?

how do you know that?

every hibs fan I know think the board has done a great job :confused:

Captain Trips
21-07-2011, 10:06 PM
Im not having a go at STF

I am not asking him to get more involved.

I am not asking him to spend more money.

I am suggesting Hibs have hired a high number of managers and have been very inconsistant in SPL finishes, I think Hibs are far better than that and my suggestion is STF thinks about making Hibs more succesful on the park by looking at a change of leadership in boardroom, IMO the player clearout isnt enough.

Peevemor
21-07-2011, 10:20 PM
Im not having a go at STF

I am not asking him to get more involved.

I am not asking him to spend more money.

I am suggesting Hibs have hired a high number of managers and have been very inconsistant in SPL finishes, I think Hibs are far better than that and my suggestion is STF thinks about making Hibs more succesful on the park by looking at a change of leadership in boardroom, IMO the player clearout isnt enough.

Time for a reality check.

Not all managers appointed have been failures. The problem is that if a good appointment is made, then the chances are that he'll only hang around for a couple of seasons until he quits to take a "bigger" job (with a budget and a salary that we can't dream of matching).

The same goes for players. Basically any player that is "Hibs class" can easily double his wage by moving to the English lower leagues.

It's not exhausts and tyres were speaking about here. There can be no 1-year-guarantees.

F***in' crap, stupid thread.

Captain Trips
21-07-2011, 10:25 PM

Not all managers appointed have been failures. The problem is that if a good appointment is made, then the chances are that he'll only hang around for a couple of seasons until he quits to take a "bigger" job (with a budget and a salary that we can't dream of matching).

The same goes for players. Basically any player that is "Hibs class" can easily double his wage by moving to the English lower leagues.

It's not exhausts and tyres were speaking about here. There can be no 1-year-guarantees.

F***in' crap, stupid thread.

Did I say all the managers had been failures? the last 3 havent left becauase they were wanted elsewere, for a crap and :yawn: it has kept you involved so thats great. No need for a reality check here, maybe 10th wasnt enough of a jolt for STF when Hibs have so much to their advantage 9 clubs finish above them.

Captain Trips
21-07-2011, 10:29 PM
Hibs. net mate. Not Kwikfit.net

Should've gone to specsavers

Ahhh thanks for that, i will do that on way to analogy.net. :agree:

Albion Hibs
21-07-2011, 10:42 PM
I have stated points like this over last 12mths so it is not based on anything to do with Sheridan, as it was all going so fantastically well up until the Sheridan deal wasnt it. So sorry you have it totally wrong regarding why I posted this. He may have folk running club whom know better than I do but still can make comment, so I assume you never question a mangers decision then as they know better than you, never questioned selections, signings or subs?

Where did I ask him to run club? I suggested he goes about bringing in others to run club geared towrds footballing matters, he can still do whatever he is doing after that.

What exactly would your memo read.....

Dear Sir Tom,

I would be most grateful if you would get rid of the current board of directors, the ones you employed that have

-taken us from the brink of extinction,
-Removed our levels of debt to one of the lowest in the country,
-Built us a shiny new stadium, third only to the likes of Rangers and Celtic,
-Built us a state of the art training facility, again third to only rangers and celtic,
-Won us a trophy a few years back,
-had us in europe last season

Me and my mate Dave often play online football manager games and read the papers most days so we are aware of how formations work, as long as it is only for our team, and as soon as a player is mentioned in the paper we know they are available.

Please consider us, we think we would be much better. Alternatively we have a million and one ideas about other managers, board directors, and all other directors required to run a football club and we could recommend a different one each day if you wanted.

Kind regards,

Carlsberg.

Our board has achieved a million times what any other club has done, I am sure STF will be more than aware of that, hence they are all still there. I am sure he will be more of the opinion that he and his board have worked hard for the past 20 years to give us what we have today, it is up to the fans to turn up and invest in the club, rather than consistantly look to someone else to do it before they will consider handing over money.

Captain Trips
21-07-2011, 10:54 PM

Dear Sir Tom,

I would be most grateful if you would get rid of the current board of directors, the ones you employed that have

-Built us a state of the art training facility, again third to only rangers and celtic,

Me and my mate Dave often play online football manager games and read the papers most days so we are aware of how formations work, as long as it is only for our team, and as soon as a player is mentioned in the paper we know they are available.

Please consider us, we think we would be much better. Alternatively we have a million and one ideas about other managers, board directors, and all other directors required to run a football club and we could recommend a different one each day if you wanted.

Kind regards,

Carlsberg.

Our board has achieved a million times what any other club has done, I am sure STF will be more than aware of that, hence they are all still there. I am sure he will be more of the opinion that he and his board have worked hard for the past 20 years to give us what we have today, it is up to the fans to turn up and invest in the club, rather than consistantly look to someone else to do it before they will consider handing over money.

At what point did I say I myself would be better? so again I assume you have never questioned any decision that somebody at the club has made? A manager? Never questioned a signing? a team selection? a tactical choice? if so I can easily level your online football manager right back at you as who are you to question people in the know either?

I have never said the board have not done some good, the points you make are mostly good business/infrastucture points, time to thank Petrie and move on so those points you make are a list of footballing acheivments. Had us 10th last season also. The point in this site is to bring up points and we are in full knowledge 99% of us have never played pro football or managed but we comment.

Albion Hibs
21-07-2011, 11:04 PM
At what point did I say I myself would be better? so again I assume you have never questioned any decision that somebody at the club has made? A manager? Never questioned a signing? a team selection? a tactical choice? if so I can easily level your online football manager right back at you as who are you to question people in the know either?

I have never said the board have not done some good, the points you make are mostly good business/infrastucture points, time to thank Petrie and move on so those points you make are a list of footballing acheivments. Had us 10th last season also. The point in this site is to bring up points and we are in full knowledge 99% of us have never played pro football or managed but we comment.

Dont hide behind silly questions, you asked for them to be replaced. What I want to know is how you would raise that to the business man that saved our club and what reasons you would give him?

Craig_in_Prague
21-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Don't think the board need replaced, but also is RP the right man to make footballing decisions. Clearly he's got it more wrong than right. He's probably the best accountant we could wish for, but the footballing side of things is certainly not going so well. We've got worse year over year since 2007 and with EM up and running, we ought to be punching our weight a bit more in Scottish football. We're a side others love to play and we need to grow a set and have more underbelly. I don't know if appointing someone else to do the manager / player negotiations & selection process etc is the way forward or not, but if this season goes tits up (looks likely) we certainly need something looked at up the chain to take us forward.

Captain Trips
21-07-2011, 11:14 PM
Dont hide behind silly questions, you asked for them to be replaced. What I want to know is how you would raise that to the business man that saved our club and what reasons you would give him?

I think I have made my reasons clear in this thread in why Sir tom should make changes, I am hoping he decides that for himself that things need changed. What questions are silly? Maybe it is you who is hiding so again have you questioned a managers decision?

If we want to talk silly questions, firstly you came in on this thread with your first post claiming I was having a go at STF, if you read it correctly it is Petrie I am having a go at something at least 3 other posters realised, you then made a 2nd post again totally wrong on why I posted this thread, maybe you need to get your act together before we talk of silly questions.

So hopefully you might answer at least one of my silly questions.

The Falcon
22-07-2011, 06:30 AM
I think its time for him to let rod spend some money, i have no doubt he tells RP to try and run a tight ship but at the end of the day the club needs to get bums on seats and if we arent getting some decent players in who will get us results then the club will start to lose a lot of money, STF is obviously a good business man and he wont want his business losibg money

We dont have any.

We've been overspending for years.

The Falcon
22-07-2011, 06:32 AM
Did I say all the managers had been failures? the last 3 havent left becauase they were wanted elsewere, for a crap and :yawn: it has kept you involved so thats great. No need for a reality check here, maybe 10th wasnt enough of a jolt for STF when Hibs have so much to their advantage 9 clubs finish above them.

Has that happened every year then?

Cropley10
22-07-2011, 07:33 AM
Neither did I.

But when you use the initials STF you have to be prepared for the aggressive pro-Board to steam in, irrespective of what is said. It's the rools.

Revisionism: Blobby, released, not renewed contract. McLeish and Mowbray - bigger things. JC walked as did Mixu, Sauzee and Yogi mutually consented.

Dear Sir Tom,

Yes he did all of these things. Thing is that trophy win was 5 seasons ago and we've been losing supporters year on year. What's the point of this fancy stadium and training facility - third only to the likes of Rangers and Celtic?

We dont have any. We've been overspending for years.

Yet Mr Petrie has returned a profit six years on the spin, a quite remarkable achievement.:confused:

Peevemor
22-07-2011, 07:42 AM
But when you use the initials STF you have to be prepared for the aggressive pro-Board to steam in, irrespective of what is said. It's the rools.

Revisionism: Blobby, released, not renewed contract. McLeish and Mowbray - bigger things. JC walked as did Mixu, Sauzee and Yogi mutually consented.

Yes he did all of these things. Thing is that trophy win was 5 seasons ago and we've been losing supporters year on year. What's the point of this fancy stadium and training facility - third only to the likes of Rangers and Celtic?

Yet Mr Petrie has returned a profit six years on the spin, a quite remarkable achievement.:confused:Revisionism? How do you get that?

marinello59
22-07-2011, 07:43 AM
:

Balanced out by the aggressive anti-board who steam in at the merest whisper the name Rod Petrie.:greengrin
Meanwhile the vast majority of fans here argue their respective viewpoint in a reasoned manner. :hnet:

Cropley10
22-07-2011, 07:45 AM
Revisionism? How do you get that?

When was the last time we had a decent manager who only hung around for two years before quitting for a bigger job? I'm suggesting that hasn't been a real problem in the last 10 years...

Peevemor
22-07-2011, 07:53 AM
When was the last time we had a decent manager who only hung around for two years before quitting for a bigger job? I'm suggesting that hasn't been a real problem in the last 10 years...

Mowbray didn't make 3 full seasons IIRC.

Captain Trips
22-07-2011, 08:00 AM

Yet Mr Petrie has returned a profit six years on the spin, a quite remarkable achievement.:confused:

I was facing Mecca when I typed the first post. :agree:

Captain Trips
22-07-2011, 08:25 AM
I am defo anti board and firstly I 100% agree with the great work done by the board on getting the club sorted in regards to facilities at both EM and ER, however IMO finishing 4th once in last 5 seasons is not good enough with everything we have in place.

In order to get consistancy they have gone through 4 managers in almost as many years and still after all of this we manage 4th once, for me 6th isnt what EM and a fantastic stadium is all about, a lot of bad signings by managers has left us with a 10th place finish at what point are the board culpable for this?

I think they have gone through enough managers now and have had ample time to address issues with team, yes it was down to some bad decisions by managers on players and that cost the managers jobs, surely at some point the people appointing them have to be seriously looked at.

jdships
22-07-2011, 08:27 AM

And the point of this thread is ? :confused:

I appreciate that you are expressing an opinion - to which you are entitled - but what has STF's business , and the way he runs it , got do with HFC supporters ?.
Unless you are one of his company shareholders :wink:

Ray_
22-07-2011, 08:33 AM

Has that happened every year then?

No, but the last four years the football has been getting more & more dire, particularly the last 18 months.

Speedway
22-07-2011, 08:38 AM
Blame, errr blaming blamed blame.

Scapegoat blame and wrong and poor and pish. Blame. Fault fault finding, looking for fault.

Petrie, Petrie blame, Petrie fault, err Sir Tom Faulter. Bad Petrie, blame. Worst ever. Blame.

Problem issues worry concern hate. Hate Petrie, hate Farmer, hate self.

Hate. blame. Petrie.

ahibby
22-07-2011, 09:20 AM
Well if STF and RP can't do anything about the state of our football team then we have no hope. The manager can't do anything with out their backing and the past has shown that whether the fans turn out in numbers or not we are were we are because of the way the club is run. If STF and RP can't do something about it then who can? Certainly not us. Poor show calling this a crap thread in my view, bring on the happy clappers! Just exactly how much of our annual income goes to directors and STF and where are they when we need them, like now!

ahibby
22-07-2011, 09:23 AM
I am defo anti board and firstly I 100% agree with the great work done by the board on getting the club sorted in regards to facilities at both EM and ER, however IMO finishing 4th once in last 5 seasons is not good enough with everything we have in place.

In order to get consistancy they have gone through 4 managers in almost as many years and still after all of this we manage 4th once, for me 6th isnt what EM and a fantastic stadium is all about, a lot of bad signings by managers has left us with a 10th place finish at what point are the board culpable for this?

I think they have gone through enough managers now and have had ample time to address issues with team, yes it was down to some bad decisions by managers on players and that cost the managers jobs, surely at some point the people appointing them have to be seriously looked at.

Be careful, you are going to be accused of undermining the club, at the very least. Good job RP can't fine you two weeks wages!

Captain Trips
22-07-2011, 10:10 PM
Sir Tom, Europe once in 5 seasons and 4 managers after all that has been invested off the park. Get on doon to ER and clear the lot of em oot before it gets worse. 10th last term and seemingly ill prepared this term, ripping the piss they are that they get paid for this now. Massive potential at ER with crew of Titanic.

WindyMiller
23-07-2011, 06:50 AM

http://www.football-finances.org.uk/hibs/2010/debts.htm
(http://www.football-finances.org.uk/hibs/2010/debts.htm)
And yet our debt increases.

The Falcon
23-07-2011, 07:26 AM
No, but the last four years the football has been getting more & more dire, particularly the last 18 months.

I dont disagree but I am hopeful that we, as a club, are in as good a position to move forward, money aside, than we have been in a long long time. I am encouraged by the emergence of Booth, Hanlon and Wotherspoon. I am looking forward to seeing more of Horner, Crawford,Taggart,Smith and Antell. This is a big season for Pallson, Galbraith and probably Stephens and it is also a big season, but for different reasons, for Michael Hart, Ed De Graff, Ian Murray and GOC and I would hope, as experienced pro's, they can take that responsibility and help the younger guys through on and off the pitch. I have high hopes that we will see the best of Thornhill this season.

I dont think things are as bleak as is suggested elsewhere.