PDA

View Full Version : Calderwood on Focus

JohnScott
21-07-2011, 04:30 PM
Someone please assure me Colin Calderwood is not taking the **** out of us with the quote on the Hibs site today:

"I want to focus on players who want to be at Hibernian"

He's having a laugh surely? :faf:

stokesmessiah
21-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Someone please assure me Colin Calderwood is not taking the **** out of us with the quote on the Hibs site today:

Your right it would be much better if he came out and said:

1) I only want players who are using the club as a stepping stone
2) I only want players who can get a game anywhere else
3) I would love some players that don't want to be at Hibernian.

Whilst i see the irony in the statement what else is he supposed to say ?

JohnScott
21-07-2011, 04:40 PM

How about "I resign!"

HibsMax
21-07-2011, 04:40 PM

What exactly would you expect the manager of Hibs to say? He's the current Hibs manager and as such wants what is best for the club. Yes, I see the irony given everything that has just happened but while he is our manager I expect him to act like one. And that's exactly what that comment means to me.

bingo70
21-07-2011, 04:41 PM

There was no need for a quote of that nature at all, all he had to say was we had dropped our interest in the player.

Apart from the obvious irony considering he doesn't want to be here he's made the situation of the player chosing St Johnstone over us even worse, now i want to know why did the player want to join St Johnstone but didn't want to join us? Was it because of CC? Was it money? Was it because of the role we had planned for him within the team? Whatever the reason, if CC hadn't made that statement i'd have been happy enough we maybe had someone in mind instead but as he said that i know that CC wanted him just couldn't persuade him to join us.

Stupid statement

JohnScott
21-07-2011, 04:44 PM
What exactly would you expect the manager of Hibs to say? He's the current Hibs manager and as such wants what is best for the club. Yes, I see the irony given everything that has just happened but while he is our manager I expect him to act like one. And that's exactly what that comment means to me.

Nice you and your mate "see the irony"! Ironic that is. Name one player in the squad who doesn't see Hibs as a stepping stone.

blackpoolhibs
21-07-2011, 04:44 PM
What exactly would you expect the manager of Hibs to say?

Would he stil want those players if they said the'd sign for us, but they reseve the right to look at other offers in a few months time, say less than a 3rd into their contracts?

stokesmessiah
21-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Nice you and your mate "see the irony"! Ironic that is. Name one player in the squad who doesn't see Hibs as a stepping stone.

:confused:

your posts are verging on bizarre !

HibsMax
21-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Nice you and your mate "see the irony"! Ironic that is.
My mate? I don't know stokesmessiah any more / less than you do. What is ironic that we have the same view about something? Do you even know what "ironic" means because it doesn't sound like you do, not from that statement at least.

Name one player in the squad who doesn't see Hibs as a stepping stone.
Huh? I said that CC's comments were in line with what I expect the Hibs manager to say. What has your question got to do with anything?

HibsMax
21-07-2011, 04:50 PM
Would he stil want those players if they said the'd sign for us, but they reseve the right to look at other offers in a few months time, say less than a 3rd into their contracts?

I have no idea. That has nothing to do with our manager saying that he wants players committed to Hibs.

I think this is a new low in terms of nit-picking.

jamieross
21-07-2011, 04:52 PM

Id say Sproule for starters...

blackpoolhibs
21-07-2011, 04:54 PM
I have no idea. That has nothing to do with our manager saying that he wants players committed to Hibs.

Dont worry Max, there will be further lows in the near future under this clown.

bingo70
21-07-2011, 04:57 PM

The manager wants players that are committed to the club and the fans want the manager to be committed to the club and a lot of us don't think he is so he's always going to come in for criticism until he convinces us otherwise, until he does IMO he'd be wise not to use phrases like the one he did in that statement earlier.

stokesmessiah
21-07-2011, 04:58 PM

Positivity BH :greengrin

P.s. thats my bird in your avatar !!

GreenPJ
21-07-2011, 05:00 PM
Am not sure of the timeline but did cc not come out with he was no longer interested before cs was announced as a st j loan signing?

This to me looks like we had already discussed terms with cs which is why we put in a bid to cska. When that was finally accepted cs then wanted more so cc/rp told him to jog on. As a good agent should they had already had discussions with st j so there was a second option that be took as he is obv desperate to get back to Scotland.

Disappointing we did not get him but something obv changed and he is not so good that we should be held over a barrel.

Don't see any blame to be made at cc or hibs door and his comments would be appropriate if this has happened as above.

HibsMax
21-07-2011, 05:02 PM

Ha Ha. I'm talking about .net, not Hibs. High and Lows with Hibs is a given. :)

HibsMax
21-07-2011, 05:08 PM
The manager wants players that are committed to the club and the fans want the manager to be committed to the club and a lot of us don't think he is so he's always going to come in for criticism until he convinces us otherwise, until he does IMO he'd be wise not to use phrases like the one he did in that statement earlier.

I don't even want to get into the CC debate again. The fact of the matter is he IS our manager and I expect him to act like one.

To me it's laughable that our manager states that he wants players who are committed to the club..........and he receives criticism for saying so. It just goes to show that some people will stoop as low as they need to just to find something critical of CC.

RIP
21-07-2011, 05:32 PM

Maybe you are taking the **** out of us mate?

Hibbies have been saying for seasons that we are fed up wi wage thieves, players passing through, journeymen signings and loanees. Rod called it our "Unworkable Legacy" and he was bang on the money

We want more players who bleed green and white. We now have more Hibbies in there than since the days of 2006. They might not be a strong squad yet but at least we are focusing on youth for the future. Calderwood is topping that up with his own picks - Sodje, Thornhill, Agogo and O'Hanlon

Sheridan and other players who only want to pass through and put themselves in the shop window can jog on. It's high time this club showed some balls and showed that agents can't dick us around :thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
21-07-2011, 05:39 PM
Maybe you are taking the **** out of us mate?

Hibbies have been saying for seasons that we are fed up wi wage thieves, players passing through, journeymen signings and loanees. Rod called it our "Unworkable Legacy" and he was bang on the money

We want more players who bleed green and white. We now have more Hibbies in there than since the days of 2006. They might not be a strong squad yet but at least we are focusing on youth for the future. Calderwood is topping that up with his own picks - Sodje, Thornhill, Agogo and O'Hanlon

Sheridan and other players who only want to pass through and put themselves in the shop window can jog on. It's high time this club showed some balls and showed that agents can't dick us around :thumbsup:

Agogo signed then?

snooky
21-07-2011, 05:58 PM

So, CC says he wants to focus?
I cryptically agree with him. :agree:

Jim44
21-07-2011, 06:09 PM
Does Caderwood's statement mean that in future HFC will not be in the
business of taking players on loan?

Cropley10
21-07-2011, 06:18 PM

Correct. Loans are the devils work and contributed to the unworkable legacy of the previous incumbent (tm).

Craig_in_Prague
21-07-2011, 06:28 PM

The clown wanted out after 9 months himself and now we're turning our noses up at very good players whom have ambition to probably move onto to better things. I sometimes think those in charge at Hibs are taken the mickey out of us, it really feels odd.

Most of our squad is younger players that are tied up for a few years, so i think we're crazy not to look at some loans to bolster the squad.
What's the point in looking at permanent signings only, GOC will be gone this time next year. Stack was a 1 yr deal?... We lost Stokes after 1 season. Sure, we got a fee for him, but we could also sign some duds that are stuck on the books for 3 years. Signing loan or permanent players can go either way, we're in no position to expect to go signing the quality we crave with the money we actually pay. Therefore best of youth, some experienced players and a couple of very good loans sounds the way to go. Find it strange we've let CS slip just coz loan was only option.

not going to write the season off before a ball is kicked, but by god we're not looking good right now.