PDA

View Full Version : Must read book for Rod..

Shaggy
21-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Denial: Why Business Leaders Fail to Look Facts in the Face - And What to Do About It by Richard S. Tedlow

This is an excellent book, its about successful business men who hit upon a winning formula for there company's success.........
then absolutely refuse to deviate from the routine when its obvious the market and market conditions change,..... leading on to catastrophe that was well forseen by everyone.

Sheriden to St Johnston is a ****in nonsense and embarassment.

I have been a big fan of Rodders club plan, but this is a tipping point putting hibs into reverse.
Scrimping and ****en scrounging for scraps because....well no other reason than just habit.

How the bucken hel can the size of oor club not stump up, or sort oot a simple piece of business like that... and be seen of at the finishing line by a club the size of St Johnston (who also play the sensible financial viability game).

I am frucking pig sick.
We have no strikers and a season opener on Sunday and we are haggling over pounds and pence.

Sheriden is a class act on the way to somewere big.
An Rodders... YOU BLEW IT.
:grr::grr:

down the slope
21-07-2011, 03:41 PM
He's waiting for it to come in to Mcdonald road library as he is to miserable to buy it.

Saorsa
21-07-2011, 03:51 PM
He's waiting for it to come in to Mcdonald road library as he is to miserable to buy it.:hilarious

snooky
21-07-2011, 03:56 PM
Dunno, but if anybody wants to write a book on how to consistantly p-off the hand that feeds you then I can point them in the right direction for material.

Beefster
21-07-2011, 04:07 PM
Dunno, but if anybody wants to write a book on how to consistantly p-off the hand that feeds you then I can point them in the right direction for material.

Excuse my stupidity but is that a dig at the club or the support?

Shaggy
21-07-2011, 04:09 PM
the club pissin aff the (paying for the privilege) fans

Disco Dave
21-07-2011, 04:09 PM
Petrie's killing the club, pure and simple! He HAS to leave before we can make any long term progress.

snooky
21-07-2011, 04:51 PM
Excuse my stupidity but is that a dig at the club or the support?

Moi, Kermie? :greengrin

sesoim
21-07-2011, 05:05 PM
I totally agree with the OP. I've only had two issues with Petrie in the past - the wage limit (I think it limited us and lead to a spell where we bought a lot of journeymen, rather than specific better quality signings), and his poor managerial appointments. He has generally done well in cashing in on players and using it to wipe out the debt and build the stand and training ground. BUT, we have been going downhill since Mowbray left. The managers have all struggled, the signings have been mixed, the results have gotten worse and worse and, naturally, the crowds have slumped. We probably lost £1.5 to £2M last season through finishing tenth, getting knocked out the cups so early, lost tv revenue from missing out on the top six and the crowds going down.

And how does Petrie deal with this? He pulls out all the stops to keep a struggling manager. He also sits back and watches 20 odd players leave since January and only 7 join permamently. What the hell does Petrie expect to happen this season? Three days to go to the first SPL game and it is already a complete write-off for most of us. Petrie should go now, Calderwood should be allowed to leave. We need a fresh start from the top, but it should have happened weeks ago. Our season is going to be a disaster the way things are going, and Petrie should now take the ultimate responsibility.