PDA

View Full Version : St. Johnstone fans

Stevie Reid
21-07-2011, 02:58 PM
Whilst Hibs.net is in meltdown at missing out of Cillian Sheridan, you would expect the St. Johnstone fans to be ecstatic about his arrival. Rather more modest than that, really: -

http://www.weareperth.co.uk/vforum/showthread.php?t=16304

MyJo
21-07-2011, 03:41 PM
Whilst Hibs.net is in meltdown at missing out of Cillian Sheridan, you would expect the St. Johnstone fans to be ecstatic about his arrival. Rather more modest than that, really: -

http://www.weareperth.co.uk/vforum/showthread.php?t=16304

Haven't been able to access that link at work so i dont know whats been said but they have had the pleasure of Sheridan being on loan with them before from Celtic so they will have a bit more of an informed opinion on him than any of us will have been able to make from a couple of pre-season games.

Stevie Reid
21-07-2011, 04:00 PM
Haven't been able to access that link at work so i dont know whats been said but they have had the pleasure of Sheridan being on loan with them before from Celtic so they will have a bit more of an informed opinion on him than any of us will have been able to make from a couple of pre-season games.

From the couple of pages that I read there were some who were happy (some very happy), but a good few are apathetic or hope that he is better second time round. Certainly far from universal acclaim.

bruno
21-07-2011, 04:18 PM
From the couple of pages that I read there were some who were happy (some very happy), but a good few are apathetic or hope that he is better second time round. Certainly far from universal acclaim. I think the apathy is saints fans in general. While i'm sure there are a few passionate supporters i don't think there is the same fervour in general that we have about our clubs. For what it.s worth i think he is a decent player that can still make it big. Certainly a lot bigger than perth.

IWasThere2016
21-07-2011, 04:26 PM
We have one recognised striker heading into the ko of the SPL.
Pitiful IMHO.

allezsauzee
21-07-2011, 04:33 PM
Pitiful IMHO.

Not so concerned about this weekend but our squad is a bit patchy in places for a full season.

Stack, Stephens, O'Hanlon, Hanlon, Booth, Wotherspoon, Thornhill, Palsson,Stevenson,Sproule, O'Connor is a decent first XI for Sunday

hibeemikey21
21-07-2011, 04:53 PM
Pitiful IMHO.

Look on the bright side. If O'Connor gets injured, we will get to experience Levein's 4-6-0 brainwave again. Happy days!

Cropley10
21-07-2011, 05:46 PM
Well on the basis they're not dancing in the streets of Perth then, looks like we've dodged a bullet. Clever old Rod eh?!

Removed
21-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Two saints st holders in my office and both quite happy to have him back. They were honest enough to admit they would be surprised if st j could offer more money so there would have to be another reason.

Andy74
21-07-2011, 06:33 PM
Pitiful IMHO.

At what point are you going to blame the manager for that? His call surely?

blackpoolhibs
21-07-2011, 06:36 PM

We have no fit strikers at the club at this minute in time, Calderwoods an REMOVED, Just saved the admins a job. :rolleyes:

R'Albin
21-07-2011, 06:38 PM
Lets sign Subo to piss them off:wink:

Removed
21-07-2011, 06:40 PM
We have no fit strikers at the club at this minute in time, Calderwoods an REMOVED, Just saved the admins a job. :rolleyes: :tee hee:I disagree though, he's not an REMOVED he's an ******** :agree:

Phil D. Rolls
21-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Ferming fowk ken whits gaun oan. :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
21-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Pitiful IMHO.

:agree::agree::agree:

Judas Iscariot
21-07-2011, 07:13 PM
We have one recognised striker heading into the ko of the SPL.Pitiful IMHO. :agree: Have we ever had a previous manager which has allowed us to start the season in such a shambles?!

blackpoolhibs
21-07-2011, 07:25 PM
Had a quick look and we've only ever had current managers

:faf: :top marks

lapsedhibee
21-07-2011, 07:55 PM

:thumbsup:

greenlex
22-07-2011, 02:20 AM
We have one recognised striker heading into the ko of the SPL.Pitiful IMHO. No G we have two (one injured). We also have Crawford too (albeit not proven at this level) so its not as bad as all that. I have a feeling Crawford is going to be a big hit this season.

Speedway
22-07-2011, 08:44 AM

:top marks

ahibby
22-07-2011, 08:49 AM
Surely it's RP who is in charge of the purse and makes the final decision on who we sign and under what terms, not the manager, no?

MyJo
22-07-2011, 09:00 AM
Surely it's RP who is in charge of the purse and makes the final decision on who we sign and under what terms, not the manager, no?

RP negotiates the contracts but the final say on who we sign is always in the hands of the manager. The manager wanted Sheridan for at least the full season as he didnt want the hassle of having to chase around to sign another striker in January and CSKA only wanted him out for 6 months in the hope of selling him after 6 months in the shop window so the manager has said no.

Same goes for O'Connor and Sproule who have no doubt been in contact with RP due to thier ties with the club and RP has done a lot of work to get them on board rather than having been scouted by the manager but anyone who thinks Petrie has signed these players and thrust them upon Calderwood needs to get a reality check. CC would have the final say on any team matters and if he didnt want Sproule or O'Connor he would have said no.....but the fact, that a lot of people are overlooking, is that both of these players are far superior to the quality of players we had at the club last season and we're only able to attract them to easter road because of an emotional connection, CC would be nuts to turn down two players like that regardless of how they have been identified.

Stevie Reid
22-07-2011, 09:34 AM
Well on the basis they're not dancing in the streets of Perth then, looks like we've dodged a bullet. Clever old Rod eh?!

I'm not claiming that we've dodged a bullet at all, and although stating in a post 3 days ago that I wasn't convinced that CS was breaking the bank for, I would still very much liked to have signed him.

I just thought it was interesting that we get a frenzied 14 pager because we haven't singed him, yet the Saints fans (who have seen him play 16 times for them) have five pages of mostly happy posts, but with a fair percentage of underwhelmed people too. I appreciate that the reason that people are so upset is down to more than just missing out on a player, but I was curious to see what the St. Johnstone fans thought they were getting, just for a bit of perspective.

spike220
22-07-2011, 10:22 AM

Are you sure, only that in the past I am sure we have had previous managers!

Judas Iscariot
22-07-2011, 11:36 AM
Are you sure, only that in the past I am sure we have had previous managers! Finally someone with a brain & not a smart arse

lapsedhibee
22-07-2011, 06:22 PM
Are you sure, only that in the past I am sure we have had previous managers!

Think H18SVG's point might have been that there have been previous managers all right, but when they were here (in the past) they were current.

Except McLeish, who subsequently (after he was here, in the past) went on to become a currant.

sleeping giant
22-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Think H18SVG's point might have been that there have been previous managers all right, but when they were here (in the past) they were current.

Except McLeish, who subsequently (after he was here, in the past) went on to become a currant.

:hilarious
:top marks

Future17
22-07-2011, 07:06 PM
I haven't read the Super J's fans posts, but if I were them I wouldn't be happy with Sheridan's comments.

He basically came across as saying "I wanted to go to Hibs, but never mind". Pretty disrespectful.

ancient hibee
22-07-2011, 07:12 PM
I would have thought that SJ fans might be a bit brassed off because if Sheridan is any good he'll be off in 6 months-he'll only stay if he's not wanted elsewhere.

Danderhall Hibs
23-07-2011, 06:37 AM

:hilarious

I would have thought that SJ fans might be a bit brassed off because if Sheridan is any good he'll be off in 6 months-he'll only stay if he's not wanted elsewhere.

Same goes for any player though?

KWJ
23-07-2011, 07:04 AM
Whose this striker Haber they're desperate to sign up? Let's get him!

H18Y GW
23-07-2011, 07:39 AM

Is this not where at times JC,Mixu and even Yogi went wrong !!!

Your post reeks of quantity over a quality then the berating of the manager for buying Pish.

Fickle fickle fans in a lose lose situation for the manager .

No one will take the job once Cc goes, it's a poison chalice with fan expectations far outwaying reality.

Every team in that top 6 has won the Scottish cup in the last 25 years and all have been more frequent in Europe in the same period, add Aberdeen, Killie and St Mirren to the Scottish cup winning and you start to get a picture of where we are in a major honour pecking list, so it's not CC it's not even those who managed before him, it's the wage structure that to me is the big problem,6 strikers on 1.5k a week or 2 on 5k a week, I know what i would prefer .

Smaller squad with better quality players at a higher consistency level rather than hit and miss lads would be my preference, this is my opinion only, feel free to disagree :-£