PDA

View Full Version : Yams Wallace to the huns

flash
21-07-2011, 11:46 AM
In Glasgow to sign for Rangers- fee £1.5 million.

Spike Mandela
21-07-2011, 11:49 AM

1-0 to Vlad.

down-the-slope
21-07-2011, 11:50 AM
Submariner must be panicking about not being able to take enough cash out of club this year if true

lapsedhibee
21-07-2011, 11:51 AM

Shirley a mafia lie. Mr Vlad has never sold, and would never sell, a player to the OF. (Unless that notorious rebel FJK is doing it behind his back, of course.)

sambajustice
21-07-2011, 11:54 AM
Shirley a mafia lie. Mr Vlad has never sold, and would never sell, a player to the OF. (Unless that notorious rebel FJK is doing it behind his back, of course.)

Surely if that was the case he'd be selling him to Celtic...

Andy74
21-07-2011, 11:56 AM

Desparation times at Ibrox after all the knock backs. Daft fee with a year on a contract.

Spike Mandela
21-07-2011, 11:59 AM
Negotiators starting to blink all over the place.

bruno
21-07-2011, 12:13 PM
Obviously disappointed for him to go.

Good money and justified the stance Hearts took in rejecting initial dersory bids.

The money will be used to service the club running costs so will not get reinvested directly on a player. Sad, but a sign of the times.

As in a previous thread I defended Wallace's worth in potential value (alongside Whittaker's potential selling value) but considering he had made it clear he wanted to go to Rangers I am a little surprised we got over a million.

No player is bigger than club so we move on. We need to sell to survive.

We have lost a player who I think could turn into something special not sure he has taken the right route though.

Good luck to him and for those that criticise him for heading west, I think he is still an immature lad who won't want to move far from his "friends" a la Riordan at that age.

flash
21-07-2011, 12:17 PM
Murray Davidson also on his way to Ibrox rumour has it.

Dunbar Hibee
21-07-2011, 12:28 PM
He has agreed terms and will be annnounced shortly I am told.

Dunbar Hibee
21-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Murray Davidson also on his way to Ibrox rumour has it.

Really? That's a weird one.

hibee92
21-07-2011, 12:34 PM
they obviously made vlad an offer he can't refuse

http://www.transparencyrevolution.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/don-corleone.jpg

dangermouse
21-07-2011, 12:37 PM
Obviously disappointed for him to go.

Good money and justified the stance Hearts took in rejecting initial dersory bids.

The money will be used to service the club running costs so will not get reinvested directly on a player. Sad, but a sign of the times.

As in a previous thread I defended Wallace's worth in potential value (alongside Whittaker's potential selling value) but considering he had made it clear he wanted to go to Rangers I am a little surprised we got over a million.

No player is bigger than club so we move on. We need to sell to survive.

We have lost a player who I think could turn into something special not sure he has taken the right route though.

Good luck to him and for those that criticise him for heading west, I think he is still an immature lad who won't want to move far from his "friends" a la Riordan at that age.

Is that the new term for Vlad sticking it in his back pocket :tee hee:

Stevie Reid
21-07-2011, 12:40 PM
Wallace is a very good player but I am stunned that a club in Rangers' financial straits has paid five times their original offer - especially for a guy with a year left on his contract.

With Papac still available surely the extra money would've been better spent on Kenny Miller.

mjhibby
21-07-2011, 12:48 PM
So they have lost bouzid,palesuelos and now lee wallace and replaced them with two killie players and a st johnstone left back.it just makes it even more annoying that we havent signed players when hertz and the arabs look considerably weaker than they did last season.With webster injury prone i think they will lose far more goals than last season and it looks like sutton is not setting the heather on fire,indeed he was rank rotten in their last friendly apparently.I can see celtic and rangers being an embarrassing amount of points ahead of 3rd place this season.What an opportunity for some team to invest and sail into third place.Are you listening rod.

Albion Hibs
21-07-2011, 01:00 PM
A reflection more of there lack of signings than his value I would have thought.

Still glad to see that Vlad has broken yet another rule and sold to the old firm....I wonder if he will tell the deluded bunch that they are not going to qualify for the Champions League, win the leauge and the hertz version of Alton Towers is no longer on the cards!

EskbankHibby
21-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Done deal, pretty good source.:wink:

Hibernian Verse
21-07-2011, 02:03 PM

Sky Sports News by any chance? :greengrin

stokesmessiah
21-07-2011, 02:26 PM

Tried messaging you but your inbox needs a clear out.

Any joy on the Aberdeen bus situation ???

Kojock
21-07-2011, 02:29 PM

Hibs Net

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?213911-Lee-Wallace

Beefster
21-07-2011, 02:33 PM

Aye, Gordon Smith, of Rangers, confirmed it before 3pm.

stokesmessiah
21-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Aye, Gordon Smith, of Rangers, confirmed it before 3pm.

You would hope he might be "in the know"

EskbankHibby
21-07-2011, 03:03 PM

:greengrin

flash
21-07-2011, 03:07 PM

Aye me about 2 hours ago.

EskbankHibby
21-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Aye me about 2 hours ago.

As i said, good source.:greengrin

NOLA
21-07-2011, 03:30 PM
that will pay off their fines then :greengrin

HibbyAndy
21-07-2011, 03:42 PM

Cant be, Romanov would NEVER sell to the old squirm.

bruno
21-07-2011, 03:52 PM
A reflection more of there lack of signings than his value I would have thought.

Still glad to see that Vlad has broken yet another rule and sold to the old firm....I wonder if he will tell the deluded bunch that they are not going to qualify for the Champions League, win the leauge and the hertz version of Alton Towers is no longer on the cards!

I’m intrigued as to the bit that Vlad has broken some sort of self set rule by selling to the OF. I guess he has been quoted somewhere re this but I’ve never seen it. Considering he sold Hartley to one of them for over a million I believe he will sell to them, or anyone, if the price is right.

I know some say we shouldn’t sell to our rivals but I think in all honesty our rivals are Dundee United, Motherwell and Hibs (some improvement required) rather than Celtic or Rangers. We are all fighting for 3rd and 4th place unless one of the top 2 implodes, but then again that would only be temporary, and the following season normaility would be restored. Depressing yes, realistic yes, what any non OF fan would like….no

Woody70x2
21-07-2011, 05:38 PM
I’m intrigued as to the bit that Vlad has broken some sort of self set rule by selling to the OF. I guess he has been quoted somewhere re this but I’ve never seen it. Considering he sold Hartley to one of them for over a million I believe he will sell to them, or anyone, if the price is right.

I know some say we shouldn’t sell to our rivals but I think in all honesty our rivals are Dundee United, Motherwell and Hibs (some improvement required) rather than Celtic or Rangers. We are all fighting for 3rd and 4th place unless one of the top 2 implodes, but then again that would only be temporary, and the following season normaility would be restored. Depressing yes, realistic yes, what any non OF fan would like….no

Got you first time :greengrin

Sylar
21-07-2011, 06:06 PM
Surprises me that they were willing to fork out that kind of money for Lee Wallace, but stopped after 1 bid to Bursaspor to bring Miller back to Scotland.

Nothing against Wallace, he's a decent player, but £1.5 million?

As an opposition fan, I'm more worried about Rangers' other signing today, USA international Alejandro Bedoya, who is a very comfortable player indeed!

YehButNoBut
21-07-2011, 06:17 PM
Wallace has a 5 year deal with the Huns according to SSN.

Suppose it gives the player security as well, why is it Hibs only seem to sign players on 1 or 2 year deals?

marinello59
21-07-2011, 06:18 PM

Suppose it gives the player security as well, why is it Hibs only seem to sign players on 1 or 2 year deals?

Player power. Most deals these days are shorter.

new malkyhib
21-07-2011, 08:56 PM
Surprises me that they were willing to fork out that kind of money for Lee Wallace, but stopped after 1 bid to Bursaspor to bring Miller back to Scotland.

Nothing against Wallace, he's a decent player, but £1.5 million?

As an opposition fan, I'm more worried about Rangers' other signing today, USA international Alejandro Bedoya, who is a very comfortable player indeed!

You shouldn't worry about who they're signing - we'll not be challenging at that end of the league anyway...we should be more worried about who St Johnstone and St Mirren are signing. Sad times at ER.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-07-2011, 09:42 PM
As an opposition fan, I'm more worried about Rangers' other signing today, USA international Alejandro Bedoya, who is a very comfortable player indeed! What does this mean, have you had reason to sit on him?

SanFranHibs
21-07-2011, 09:47 PM

A good agent could have secured a 6 month loan deal with St. Johnstone !!!

:greengrin

Mark79
21-07-2011, 10:52 PM
1.5 million should pay the wage bill this month. Who goes next month?

brog
22-07-2011, 07:47 AM
[QUOTE=bruno;2864135]I’m intrigued as to the bit that Vlad has broken some sort of self set rule by selling to the OF. I guess he has been quoted somewhere re this but I’ve never seen it. Considering he sold Hartley to one of them for over a million I believe he will sell to them, or anyone, if the price is right.

I know some say we shouldn’t sell to our rivals but I think in all honesty our rivals are Dundee United, Motherwell and Hibs (some improvement required) rather than Celtic or Rangers.

You're spot on, I don't care who the uglies sign, they'll finish 1 & 2 regardless. It's still a strange one though, as other posters have said it would appear RFC could have spent the money more wisely. Personally I doubt initial fee will be anywhere near £1.5mm, no one increases a bid by 500%, (Huns didn't even increase by 50% for Miller) even when opening bid was derisory as in this case. I expect Yams will have received about 1/2 up front with rest due after appearances/caps etc. They'll still get their money, IMO Wallace is Scotland's best left back & his new club guarantees him 100 caps if he stays fit, or doesn't shoot himself in the foot! Sorry! :wink:

timebomb
22-07-2011, 08:38 AM
[QUOTE=bruno;2864135]I’m intrigued as to the bit that Vlad has broken some sort of self set rule by selling to the OF. I guess he has been quoted somewhere re this but I’ve never seen it. Considering he sold Hartley to one of them for over a million I believe he will sell to them, or anyone, if the price is right.

I know some say we shouldn’t sell to our rivals but I think in all honesty our rivals are Dundee United, Motherwell and Hibs (some improvement required) rather than Celtic or Rangers.

You're spot on, I don't care who the uglies sign, they'll finish 1 & 2 regardless. It's still a strange one though, as other posters have said it would appear RFC could have spent the money more wisely. Personally I doubt initial fee will be anywhere near £1.5mm, no one increases a bid by 500%, (Huns didn't even increase by 50% for Miller) even when opening bid was derisory as in this case. I expect Yams will have received about 1/2 up front with rest due after appearances/caps etc. They'll still get their money, IMO Wallace is Scotland's best left back & his new club guarantees him 100 caps if he stays fit, or doesn't shoot himself in the foot! Sorry! :wink:

To be honest, I think the only reason Whyte has sanctioned a deal of that amount for Wallace is because of the potential re-sale value. I think he is in it for the short term buck and he is attempting to do what Vlad tried at Hearts. Get players on long term lucrative contracts (McGregor / Whitaker / Wallace all on 5 year deals) so you don't lose them under freedom of contract and sell them after 2 years for maximum value. Hence why they weren't prepared to offer more than £400k for Miller as there was no return long term on the deal.

Speedway
22-07-2011, 09:23 AM
[QUOTE=brog;2864970]

To be honest, I think the only reason Whyte has sanctioned a deal of that amount for Wallace is because of the potential re-sale value. I think he is in it for the short term buck and he is attempting to do what Vlad tried at Hearts. Get players on long term lucrative contracts (McGregor / Whitaker / Wallace all on 5 year deals) so you don't lose them under freedom of contract and sell them after 2 years for maximum value. Hence why they weren't prepared to offer more than £400k for Miller as there was no return long term on the deal.

Now, if we had sold a prized asset to the OF one day before the season starts, our lot would be making car bombs to put under RP's merc amidst screams of no ambition whilst developing a mass suicide pact on here.

The tone of your posts are much calmer. Why is that?

timebomb
22-07-2011, 09:53 AM
[QUOTE=timebomb;2865023]

Now, if we had sold a prized asset to the OF one day before the season starts, our lot would be making car bombs to put under RP's merc amidst screams of no ambition whilst developing a mass suicide pact on here.

The tone of your posts are much calmer. Why is that?

A sad realsiation that this is the way the top league is Scotland has been for as long as I can remember and will be long past the day Hibs win the Scottish Cup :greengrin

brog
22-07-2011, 09:56 AM
[QUOTE=brog;2864970]

Yep, that makes sense & I wouldn't argue with that ( it's what we did with twins, Fletch etc ) but I still don't think there's any way Huns have handed over £1.5mm right now. It's in both teams' interests to pretend it's happened however. I guess if your guys ever published accounts we could check! :wink:

Wheat Hound
22-07-2011, 09:59 AM
We did sell Stokes just before the transfer window closed last year. Previously, Whittaker was sold to Rangers just before the season started.