PDA

View Full Version : If You Haven't Renewed, What's The Single Biggest Reason?

Mikey
21-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Simple question, what's the biggest factor in you not renewing? I know it's been done to death on other threads so if you can't be bothered going over it again just tick a box and move on. I've had a look through the other threads and I think I've covered all the reasons given. If I've missed something obvious let me know and I'll add it in.

Obviously this is only for those who would usually have a season ticket but don't have one yet for this season :wink:

It's a private poll so no-one will see your vote.

Baldy Foghorn
21-07-2011, 11:02 AM
Mikey,

This is something that Hibs as a club should be doing themselves.... Writing to every fan on the database who has not renewed, and finding out the reasoning for themselves............Marketing direct to the customer IMO

Mikey
21-07-2011, 11:04 AM
Mikey,

This is something that Hibs as a club should be doing themselves.... Writing to every fan on the database who has not renewed, and finding out the reasoning for themselves............Marketing direct to the customer IMO

Should I add that as a reason? :greengrin

Mikey
21-07-2011, 11:05 AM
Tv coverage and the uncertainty of dates/kick off times should maybe have been included as a factor Mikey? That's the main reason why I'm now a pay as you go customer

Added. Thanks.

Judas Iscariot
21-07-2011, 11:06 AM
I can't pick just 1 reason, it's a combination of several to be honest..

Ray_
21-07-2011, 11:07 AM
Added. Thanks.

Mikey, could you add performance in with results, I don't think results alone covers the apathy.

KeithTheHibby
21-07-2011, 11:08 AM
This poll doesn't apply to me as I have renewed however I reckon option 1 will be the clear winner.

The 11 month payment plan is fantastic though and hope the club keep this in place for many a season. Not a ball been kicked and by the end of the month I have almost paid for half my season ticket.:agree:

Ray_
21-07-2011, 11:08 AM
I can't pick just 1 reason, it's a combination of several to be honest..

:agree:

Mikey
21-07-2011, 11:09 AM
Mikey, could you add performance in with results, I don't think results alone covers the apathy.

Done.

Sammy7nil
21-07-2011, 11:09 AM
Simply no longer enjoy the day out.
mates stopped and quality and ambition dont appear to be there.

smurf
21-07-2011, 11:11 AM
Can't vote as i've renewed but i spoke to two Hibby's last night not renewing who don't post on message boards.

"I will go back when they make a serious attempt to put a half decent team on the park".

Now that POV is challenged on here all the time. Maybe with justification. Maybe not...

However, that is a widely shared opinion out there and it's one the club should be aware of.

Judas Iscariot
21-07-2011, 11:11 AM
Mikey, could you add performance in with results, I don't think results alone covers the apathy. :agree:

Mikey
21-07-2011, 12:20 PM
170 views and 13 votes.

Does that mean that more people than we thought have renewed? :greengrin

soupy
21-07-2011, 12:25 PM
I'll be renewing tomorrow :-)

Dalkeith
21-07-2011, 01:14 PM
Mikey,

first time in over 20 years without a break that i'm not getting one, been hanging on all through break hoping hibs would do something to make me think again but nothing. Obviously 20 years is not long enough service as not even a phone call, email or letter asking why i had not renewed.

Many reasons i'm not getting one, been let down to many times Ayr in the cup was final straw for me, Costs are now coming in to it, KO times for LiveTV, last season we couldn't even match smaller teams like motherwell,ict and kilmarnock over a season.

In short the enjoyment factor of going to ER has gone from me but the strangest thing is i know i will be at all the away games as i enjoy the away games no matter how good/bad we are playing:cheers:

BroxburnHibee
21-07-2011, 01:21 PM
I'm simply saving some money as I know for a fact I won't get to every game

Not sure where that fits into your poll though

bpw
21-07-2011, 01:28 PM
Kick off times and related fact stadium as a result guaranteed to have so many empty seats for the Rangers/Celtic/Hearts games - will renew if Board decide to increase the away fans allocation and make it possible these games will sell out and actually have some atmosphere.

A lot of the reasons in the poll are related to the above though.

TheBall'sRound
21-07-2011, 01:33 PM
first time in over 20 years without a break that i'm not getting one, been hanging on all through break hoping hibs would do something to make me think again but nothing. Obviously 20 years is not long enough service as not even a phone call, email or letter asking why i had not renewed.

Many reasons i'm not getting one, been let down to many times Ayr in the cup was final straw for me, Costs are now coming in to it, KO times for LiveTV, last season we couldn't even match smaller teams like motherwell,ict and kilmarnock over a season.

In short the enjoyment factor of going to ER has gone from me but the strangest thing is i know i will be at all the away games as i enjoy the away games no matter how good/bad we are playing:cheers:

I agree with a lot of this and would also say that I will probably attend a lot more away games than home games this year. A lot of that is due to my dad/mates (and thus my old season ticket) sitting in the Upper West which I have grown to dislike immensely. The reason for them staying in there as opposed to the East? "You can get out quicker".

Says it all really.

BoltonHibee
21-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Cannot face watching any more of the dire crap we have had to put up with for a few seasons now. Even though I could've sat in the nice shiny new stand again, it just wasnt enough for me.

Phil MaGlass
21-07-2011, 01:41 PM
lets add, losing out on decent players to teams like St.Johnsone by penny pinching

Dalkeith
21-07-2011, 01:54 PM
lets add, losing out on decent players to teams like St.Johnsone by penny pinching

beat me to it, how bad are things at ER when a team like St Johnstone with a small support can capture a player even if its only 6 months loan deal ahead of us

Phil MaGlass
21-07-2011, 02:23 PM
beat me to it, how bad are things at ER when a team like St Johnstone with a small support can capture a player even if its only 6 months loan deal ahead of us

Hibs fans have been asking these questions for ages now but seem to be getting shot down as drama queens orhaving a go at the club, go figure...???

Mickey Edwards
21-07-2011, 02:54 PM
8 yrs taking the boys on STs x 3 but now jumped from 450 to c £800 and with most of big matches switched to Sundays cant get to games...cant really justify £800 for maybe 10-12 games.

Secondly , freely admit that I'm a bit of an aficionado of an athletic passing game...........footballing interest has been waining ever since Collins left . The ST cash has really been against my better judgement past few yrs but felt needed to do my bit....can only stretch that feeling so far. I would pay £800 for hope , ambition and discipline {take a look at the TdF teams for brutal , eye-popping sporting commitment and competitiveness amongst cyclists and management.} but the current regime / philosophy does not persuade me at the moment. I understand that my cash will help buy a better player but discipline / philosophy / pursuit of excellence at board or pitch level is not cash dependent. The brand looks weak at the moment and when we're talking £800 in tight times I've got to use the word brand - Hibs are competing with a lot of other demands in my life.

Removed
21-07-2011, 08:38 PM
I'm simply saving some money as I know for a fact I won't get to every game Not sure where that fits into your poll though Other :wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-07-2011, 08:50 PM
I have re-newed but in reality there is no rationale reason to justify why I have. I know deep down that there will be games this season that I will miss because of holiday's etc but I fear that this season there will times when a Saturday comes and I will wonder if it is worth the petrol. For the first time, I genuinely feel like an outsider looking in.

Borderhibbie76
21-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Hibs fans have been asking these questions for ages now but seem to be getting shot down as drama queens orhaving a go at the club, go figure...???

Yeah I've just been shot down on another thread for daring to question the board??? I cannot believe that some Hibbies find it acceptable that after the horrendous season we just endured, 3 signings is acceptable???

I've had enough and won't be back till this board GTF's or decide to show some ambition to warrant asking us to fork out £28 to watch what for the last 18 months or so has been absolutely dire!!!

Kaiser1962
21-07-2011, 09:13 PM
Not exactly ecstatic about a lot of factors, mainly the moving of games and we're ****, but I have gladly renewed. We've been in worse states before.

down the slope
21-07-2011, 09:14 PM
Like when ?.

Hibs90
21-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Simple question, what's the biggest factor in you not renewing? I know it's been done to death on other threads so if you can't be bothered going over it again just tick a box and move on. I've had a look through the other threads and I think I've covered all the reasons given. If I've missed something obvious let me know and I'll add it in.

Obviously this is only for those who would usually have a season ticket but don't have one yet for this season :wink:

It's a private poll so no-one will see your vote.

Are you working for the club or something?

Oh and mods and admins can see who's voted so it's not really private.

marinello59
21-07-2011, 09:39 PM
Are you working for the club or something?

Oh and mods and admins can see who's voted so it's not really private.

Pathetic.

Hibs90
21-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Just pointing out. If you look at the thread's Mikey has started recently it's like he's been doing a bit of research for the club :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
21-07-2011, 11:52 PM
Kick off times and related fact stadium as a result guaranteed to have so many empty seats for the Rangers/Celtic/Hearts games - will renew if Board decide to increase the away fans allocation and make it possible these games will sell out and actually have some atmosphere.

A lot of the reasons in the poll are related to the above though.

so you actually want to give they teams players a bigger lift, with a lot more encouragement with more of their fans supporting them, yep ? :confused:

H18Y GW
22-07-2011, 05:28 AM
I won't until I see a bit of harmony and a decent settled team on the pitch,I know the flip side is that may not happen without investment , agreed BUT from Hibs not from me.

And I has an ST when the selling happened and that didn't help!!!

Beefster
22-07-2011, 06:22 AM
Pathetic.

There is a real hatred on here about any of the admin team being questioned about anything. Scrutiny is a good thing.

Some admins defend the club in everything they do and, to be fair, this is exactly the sort of research that the club would be looking to get so Meeko is surely within his rights to ask? Presumably, as you haven't refuted it, the polls are not really private either. Considering the fact that some of the admin team are on 'chatty' terms with those who run the club, I think it's not surprising that some folk think that there may be a 'relationship' there. Letting folk ask the question without dismissing it as 'pathetic' might actually help the site.

Some users might not say it for fear of getting banned but it doesn't mean that they don't sometimes think it.

marinello59
22-07-2011, 06:40 AM
There is a real hatred on here about any of the admin team being questioned about anything. Scrutiny is a good thing.

Some admins defend the club in everything they do and, to be fair, this is exactly the sort of research that the club would be looking to get so Meeko is surely within his rights to ask? Presumably, as you haven't refuted it, the polls are not really private either. Considering the fact that some of the admin team are on 'chatty' terms with those who run the club, I think it's not surprising that some folk think that there may be a 'relationship' there. Letting folk ask the question without dismissing it as 'pathetic' might actually help the site.

Some users might not say it for fear of getting banned but it doesn't mean that they don't sometimes think it.

It's not a hatred. Most of the stuff just washes over me to be honest, I'm usually pretty upbeat and take any critcism on the chin and just laugh it off. Some of the stuff lately though has gone beyond that. Suggesting the site is run on anything other than impartial lines due to some imagined cosy relationship is not only wrong, it's insulting. No club official would know who I am, let alone spend any time being ''chatty'' with me.

Mikey
22-07-2011, 07:32 AM

This happened in January too and it resulted in the reintroduction of the HNA logins so that the individuals could have their own opinion. The admins are here to run the site, not be scrutinised by the users.

Anyone who thinks it's ok to scrutinise the site admins won't be here for long. Some won't like it, we won't care.

If you don't feel the site is independent and that's important to you don't use it.

Beefster
22-07-2011, 07:40 AM
This happened in January too and it resulted in the reintroduction of the HNA logins so that the individuals could have their own opinion. The admins are here to run the site, not be scrutinised by the users.

Anyone who thinks it's ok to scrutinise the site admins won't be here for long. Some won't like it, we won't care.

If you don't feel the site is independent and that's important to you don't use it.

Exactly what I expected. Treated like a naughty schoolkid. Marinello managed to respond without resorting to "I'm the boss and that's all that matters".

If you don't like independent minds and folk unafraid to voice their opinions, you are the boss with the 'ban' button.

Cropley10
22-07-2011, 07:40 AM
8 yrs taking the boys on STs x 3 but now jumped from 450 to c £800 and with most of big matches switched to Sundays cant get to games...cant really justify £800 for maybe 10-12 games.

Secondly , freely admit that I'm a bit of an aficionado of an athletic passing game...........footballing interest has been waining ever since Collins left . The ST cash has really been against my better judgement past few yrs but felt needed to do my bit....can only stretch that feeling so far. I would pay £800 for hope , ambition and discipline {take a look at the TdF teams for brutal , eye-popping sporting commitment and competitiveness amongst cyclists and management.} but the current regime / philosophy does not persuade me at the moment. I understand that my cash will help buy a better player but discipline / philosophy / pursuit of excellence at board or pitch level is not cash dependent. The brand looks weak at the moment and when we're talking £800 in tight times I've got to use the word brand - Hibs are competing with a lot of other demands in my life.

A very thought provoking post.

Mikey
22-07-2011, 07:49 AM
Exactly what I expected. Treated like a naughty schoolkid. Marinello managed to respond without resorting to "I'm the boss and that's all that matters".

If you don't like independent minds and folk unafraid to voice their opinions, you are the boss with the 'ban' button.

How hard to you want to push this?

Use the site to discuss football matters, like everyone else does, and you won't have your perceived problem.

Beefster
22-07-2011, 08:00 AM
How hard to you want to push this?

Use the site to discuss football matters, like everyone else does, and you won't have your perceived problem.

Sorry, push what exactly?

You speak to me like the adult I am and how I'd insist that you speak to me in person, I'll treat you the same. I didn't like being spoken to like that in Physics in 1986 so it's not going to do much for me nowadays.

Phil D. Rolls
22-07-2011, 08:39 AM
The fans - nothing but a bunch of pie faced whingers.

MB62
22-07-2011, 09:29 AM
No problem with the poll at all, excepting there maybe should have been a multi choice option or one for 'All of the above' as I can't say that any one thing in particular would get my vote.

bpw
22-07-2011, 10:02 AM
so you actually want to give they teams players a bigger lift, with a lot more encouragement with more of their fans supporting them, yep ? :confused:

The poll asked reasons for not buying season tickets - whether you like it or not that is main reason why I have not renewed.

And you only refer to one outcome of more away fans, larger away support often gets atmosphere from home fans going, and obviously more money for club. So likelihood of full stadiums regardless of split amongst fans makes season ticket better value for money, which in my view it is not at the moment.

happiehibbie
22-07-2011, 11:19 AM
What a good thread Just pity our PR staff dont have the same vision

I have renewed but this will be the last if we have another season like the last.

I think Hibs need to remarket the product they currently have I think they have lost focus on Football and the board know we will all turn up because we support the team.

Just look at the hospitality its rubbish and not value for money you would be better going to a top class resturant and buying a ticket.

Pre and half time match entertainment could be better look at the west side of Edinburgh for ideas

I dont care if i watch hibs in the local park I JUST WANT TO WATCH A DECENT TEAM

In general i think we need a new MD with some fresh ideas and wants to watch a winning hibs team I dont have issues with Mr P but I think he has taken us as far as he can

Will i be back YES :) :hibees

Hibee_Craig7062
22-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Im actually in a situation thats the opposite of many.

I have got my season ticket back after 3 years of not having it due to the payment plan. It was always a struggle to find £350 in one go for me so this idea from hibs suits me down to the ground.
However, I am not at all optimistic for the season ahead. We all have our own thoughts and ideas on what the main problems are....For me the main reason is the uncertainty with CC. How can you possibly hope to bring guys in and sell the club to them when your sitting there not totally committed yourself!!!!

The guy has had many opportunities to come out and categorically state he wants to stay and he hasnt. It beggars belief how long this has gone on for and this for me is the main cause of why we would appear to be so poorly prepared.