PDA

View Full Version : Who Is Our Playmaker This Season?

Speedway
21-07-2011, 08:16 AM
Who will be pulling the strings in the Easter Road engine room for this campaign?

Will it be Sproule with his pace, vision and killer final ball?

Will it be Stevenson with his graft, work rate and graft?

Will it be Thornhill with his telling passes and goal contribution?

Will it be Ed De Graafinator with this deft touch and blistering pace?

Will it be Danny Galbraith with his ability to get his balls into the box early?

Will it be Martin Scott with his ability to beat a man?

Will it be Sean Welsh to finally make a cheeky breakthrough?

Or do we need a new playmaker to feed the Hibernian attacking strike threat?

Stevie Reid
21-07-2011, 08:24 AM
Ideally I think we do need a playmaker, but I don't think we'll get one. I looks like CC believes that the vast majority of our attacking threat will come down the wings with our full backs and wide men playing prominent attacking roles, and our centre midfield pairing being combative ball winners (with Thornhill maybe getting a few goals by arriving late in the box). Maybe a tad ambitious though.

We need to get in behind teams, hopefully a bit more pace in the side will allow us to do that.

PeeJay
21-07-2011, 08:27 AM
Who will be pulling the strings in the Easter Road engine room for this campaign?

Will it be Danny Galbraith with his ability to get his balls into the box early?

I don't think we have anyone in the team who fills that role - no-one who can take control of a game, we're basically down to a less than sophisticated form of kick and rush IMO...

Dibben
21-07-2011, 08:30 AM
Thornhill doesn't quite have the trickery as Beauzlin, but can certainly pick a pass and get about!

I think he's the closest we'll have, top midfielder for us I reckon!!

Stevenson1875
21-07-2011, 08:30 AM
I agree I think we need a new playmaker a bit like Liam Miller ?? But, one that doesn't Sh*** it out of every tackle and one who will play for the club, not for the money...

Maybe, Palsson could do that but we need to play him further up the field and not as a defensive midfielder, as he cannot contribute to the game as much as he would like to...
:agree::agree::agree::thumbsup::scarf:

aliman82
21-07-2011, 09:59 AM
Thornhill doesn't quite have the trickery as Beauzlin, but can certainly pick a pass and get about!

Agree. Think that was the role Thornhill was signed to fill and hopefully, now injury free, he can start to fulfil that.

PeterboroHibee
21-07-2011, 10:01 AM
Thornhill is the closest we have to that sort of role, but he cant really do it all on his own. Hes been excellent this preseason though, looks like some player!

Judas Iscariot
21-07-2011, 10:06 AM
The same player as our much needed RB & CF :dunno:

Kato
21-07-2011, 10:13 AM
I'd rather see a team (TEAM) that's been coached to pass and find space than a group of footballers relying on a show pony.

leither17
21-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Who will be pulling the strings in the Easter Road engine room for this campaign?Will it be Sproule with his pace, vision and killer final ball? Will it be Stevenson with his graft, work rate and graft? Will it be Thornhill with his telling passes and goal contribution? Will it be Ed De Graafinator with this deft touch and blistering pace?Will it be Danny Galbraith with his ability to get his balls into the box early?Will it be Martin Scott with his ability to beat a man?Will it be Sean Welsh to finally make a cheeky breakthrough?Or do we need a new playmaker to feed the Hibernian attacking strike threat? Like the scott and welsh descriptions I think they will be fighting for a place in the team

Speedway
21-07-2011, 10:37 AM
Like the scott and welsh descriptions I think they will be fighting for a place in the team

I wondered if I'd get away with that.

Baldy Foghorn
21-07-2011, 10:58 AM

Thornhill for me too:agree::agree:

FromTheCapital
21-07-2011, 11:27 AM
I'd probably say Palsson, play him in midfield and play passes to Galbraith, Sproule & O'Connor...
Thornhill will also do well for us, so, I think we have quite a strong starting 11...

----------------Stack-------------------

Spoony----Hanlon----O'Hanlon-----Booth

----------------Palsson------------------

Sproule-----EDG-----Thornhill----Galbraith

---------------O'Connor------------------

A little 3rd place team there???

:cgwa :flag:

Franck is God
21-07-2011, 11:38 AM
I don't think we have anyone in the team who fills that role - no-one who can take control of a game, we're basically down to a less than sophisticated form of kick and rush IMO...

That all depends on who is playing in defence, in the first half the other night Murray was unable to take the ball from the keeper and play it forward from feet however when O'Hanlon & Hanlon came on at half time I don't think I saw Brown kick it long once and everything came through the midfield or down the flanks.

Spike Mandela
21-07-2011, 11:44 AM
We will not use a playmaker. We will let all teams pass us off the park like the last 3 or 4 seasons.

Pfffffff, playmakers, who needs em!

Broken Gnome
21-07-2011, 12:06 PM

A fine showcasing of some obvious excellent attributes amongst those players...

:agree:

DAVE1875
21-07-2011, 12:08 PM
What about Wotherspoon? :dunno:

Captain Trips
21-07-2011, 12:12 PM

Cmon now you forget to add "once in every 3/4 games" at the end of the above sentences :greengrin

offshorehibby
21-07-2011, 12:16 PM
If he stays clear of injury i think Thornhill will be an influential player for us this season

Andy74
21-07-2011, 01:08 PM
Thornhill and the second coming of Ooh Aah Ed De Graaf.

Maybe even Palsson if we can find out what we've done with what must have been his twin that played a couple of games for us.