PDA

View Full Version : Hibs told to up offer for Sheridan

hibeelin
21-07-2011, 12:06 AM
If this is true, get it paid Rod

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/260122/Hibernian-told-to-up-offer-for-Cilian-Sheridan

hfc rd
21-07-2011, 12:23 AM
Surely we can afford that. £50k is fine. Get him and agogo (if any good) signed up pronto before the Celtic game.

Spike Mandela
21-07-2011, 12:36 AM
Surely we can afford that. £50k is fine. Get him and agogo (if any good) signed up pronto before the Celtic game.

What an embarrassment!!:embarrass

SRHibs
21-07-2011, 12:48 AM
Haha, "£20,000 offer". What a tight-wad Petrie is.

Dunbar Hibee
21-07-2011, 12:51 AM
That is ****in pathetic. Jesus christ.

greenlex
21-07-2011, 12:52 AM
We will get him for 35k. Dinnae blink Rod.

matty_f
21-07-2011, 12:53 AM

If we quickly sell another 125 season tickets we'll have the £50k!:devil:

one day maybe...
21-07-2011, 12:58 AM
Watch the jambo's nick in and try to sign him now. Come on Rod get this deal done before its to late..

SteveHFC
21-07-2011, 01:12 AM
What are ****ing Joke Petrie. You can surely give them another £30k.

TrickyNicky
21-07-2011, 01:14 AM

I agree, we don't want Rod making a statement on the official site saying: " that next season's legacy will be left by this seasons fans "!:devil:

yekimevol
21-07-2011, 01:32 AM
get it sorted rod i wanna see the boy slot one home on saterday just to see the look on lennons face when garry and cliain batter his side !!!!! thats worth the other 30K

cam75
21-07-2011, 01:50 AM
Wonder what the sighning on fee CS will be getting tho bet its top wack,to keep in with the weekly wage....

KWJ
21-07-2011, 02:52 AM
Why are people going OTT here? If we'd offered £50k and then CSKA came back saying they wanted £100k you'd be saying the exact same thing.

We've made them an offer, they tell us they think is acceptable and we'll get back to them. Sheridan has said that he's considering the offer too so that's positive, it's not as if he's been asked to take a 90% pay cut as people had been saying on here as surely he'd outright reject that.

Looks like Craig Whyte is the man trying to be tighter than the tache.

SanFranHibs
21-07-2011, 03:00 AM
Rod was told, "Hey, we just got an inrceased offer from another club, so Mr. Petrie, up yours !!"

:wink:

Hibbyradge
21-07-2011, 06:09 AM
Why are people going OTT here? If we'd offered £50k and then CSKA came back saying they wanted £100k you'd be saying the exact same thing.

We've made them an offer, they tell us they think is acceptable and we'll get back to them. Sheridan has said that he's considering the offer too so that's positive, it's not as if he's been asked to take a 90% pay cut as people had been saying on here as surely he'd outright reject that.

Looks like Craig Whyte is the man trying to be tighter than the tache.

Exactly. Why is it a joke?

We've made an offer, they have rejected it, so the ball's back in our court. This is called negotiation.

The less we pay for Sheridan, the more we'll have to pay for someone else.

No wonder car salesmen are wealthy with the "give them what they want as soon as they ask for it" attitudes on here.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-07-2011, 06:21 AM
Where else are we likely to get a player of this standard for 50k? Will be highly surprised if he doesnt end up elsewhere, heres hoping im wrong.

DC_Hibs
21-07-2011, 06:24 AM
Got to laugh when folk go into meltdown at figures that could be plucked out of thin air by some two bit journalist.
Is there any valid source in the article to say we have even had a bid rejected??

Wonder is this the same boy that started the belter about Riordan getting 30k a week in China that is now gospel!!!

Wa Wa

Viva_Palmeiras
21-07-2011, 06:34 AM
Does Rod ever talk publicly about negotiation bids during a prOcess?

GloryGlory
21-07-2011, 06:38 AM
I don't know whether the figures quoted are accurate, but I do know that I am glad the fans don't do the negotiating for any deals on behalf of the club. Roll over and agree to the first counter-offer? Very business-like. Not!

macca70
21-07-2011, 06:43 AM

Get him signed for £50k, we will then sell at least another 125 season tickets.

Chicken - Egg. Speculate to accumulate :)

Danderhall Hibs
21-07-2011, 06:44 AM

Not all the time. He did a couple of weeks ago to warn Notts Forest off but he doesn't normally comment on bids we're making (or not making).

Kaiser1962
21-07-2011, 06:47 AM
I seem to recall that CSKA owe Celtic £200k from the original transfer, and have been reported to FIFA for this, but are now trying to sell him to Hibs for £50k, allegedly that is. Do they know something we dont?

While I think CS may prove to be a useful signing it would not be the end of he world, for me at least, if we didnt get him.

lucky
21-07-2011, 06:49 AM
The reason most are annoyed on here is we are desperate for players. It would appear that we are £30k short of there asking price. RP will go back with a counter offer. If they accept then CS will be ours if not we continue to negotiate to reach a settlement or someone else outbids us. Only Celtic and Rangers have parted with money so far this pre-season for players. FFS Dundee utd are paying £75k a year to John Rankin so Hibs shelling out £50k for a fee is 3/4 of a SPL players wages.

marinello59
21-07-2011, 06:50 AM

We've made an offer, they have rejected it, so the ball's back in our court. This is called negotiation.

No wonder car salesmen are wealthy with the "give them what they want as soon as they ask for it" attitudes on here.

Summed up perfectly.

Kaiser1962
21-07-2011, 06:51 AM
Not all the time. He did a couple of weeks ago to warn Notts Forest off but he doesn't normally comment on bids we're making (or not making).

He tried very hard not to! He was merely responding to intense speculation in the media regarding the Hibs manager who it would appear, after all that was said, not said, done, not done and gossip masquerading as fact, he is still in post.

Speedway
21-07-2011, 07:03 AM
You have to wonder if a 0 has been missed off this report.

Heckys Wheel
21-07-2011, 07:04 AM
Joke!

Why don't we start with a high bid and hope they knock us down to a realistic price?

GloryGlory
21-07-2011, 07:15 AM

:agree:

Tricla
21-07-2011, 07:23 AM
Got to laugh when folk go into meltdown at figures that could be plucked out of thin air by some two bit journalist.
Is there any valid source in the article to say we have even had a bid rejected??

Wonder is this the same boy that started the belter about Riordan getting 30k a week in China that is now gospel!!!

Wa Wa

It's the :hnet: way!

R'Albin
21-07-2011, 07:34 AM
Exactly. Why is it a joke?We've made an offer, they have rejected it, so the ball's back in our court. This is called negotiation.The less we pay for Sheridan, the more we'll have to pay for someone else.No wonder car salesmen are wealthy with the "give them what they want as soon as they ask for it" attitudes on here.

Well said,

Add to that there is no way we would pay 80k for Martin Scott but not pay 50k for Sheridan.

YehButNoBut
21-07-2011, 07:40 AM
I feel confident that this move will happen, hopefully before Sunday, after reading the article in the Scotsman. C'mon Rod get him signed up before the game on Sunday. :agree:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sheridan made 26 appearances and scored seven goals for CSKA, but language and cultural differences, plus the fact CSKA have had three different managers since last August when Sheridan signed, have unsettled the player, who has also had trials for MLS sides Seattle Sounders and the Portland Timbers. However, he indicated yesterday that a move to Hibs remains a live possibility.

"I played in two games and scored one goal for Hibs and the manager told me he was very happy with me," said Sheridan. "They have offered me terms which I am currently considering and all will become clear in the next two to three days. But CSKA will have the final say in any transfer and they have to accept any bid for me."

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Cillian-Sheridan-keen-on-Hibs.6804932.jp?articlepage=1

Saorsa
21-07-2011, 07:45 AM
If we quickly sell another 125 season tickets we'll have the £50k!:devil:Maybe if they pay up and throw the fans a bone they might sell more than that :devil:

Leithenhibby
21-07-2011, 07:46 AM
We will get him for 35k. Dinnae blink Rod.

:greengrin Does he ever!!

Speedway
21-07-2011, 07:50 AM
Agogo later today and Sheridan friday?

Twiglet
21-07-2011, 08:00 AM
Agogo later today and Sheridan friday? I'd take that.

IWasThere2016
21-07-2011, 08:00 AM

Here's hoping .. and Towell next week.

Aldo
21-07-2011, 08:05 AM

Guys hopefully you are right.....all 3 are must signings IMHO.

:greengrin

Speedway
21-07-2011, 08:11 AM

You never know with Hibs. Unrealistically, even with those three in the door I still reckon we need a CH and CM.

Saorsa
21-07-2011, 08:12 AM

:greengrin:agree: At least with those signings we may at least have a chance of competing at the right end of the table. With that number of his own signings in place now we will also see how good the manager is or isnae.

Caversham Green
21-07-2011, 08:13 AM

:agree: Sheridan is reportedly on £14,000 per week - no chance of a player at that level going for £20,000 or £50,000. We paid twice that for John Rankin.

jdships
21-07-2011, 08:14 AM

Say's it all IMHO :top marks

:flag:

Wilson
21-07-2011, 08:18 AM
Here's hoping .. and Towell next week.Im not hoping for much bit it is still too early to throw that in.

Speedway
21-07-2011, 08:21 AM
:agree: Sheridan is reportedly on £14,000 per week - no chance of a player at that level going for £20,000 or £50,000. We paid twice that for John Rankin.

Exactly CG. If CSKA is Doina Melinte and just want the contract off their hands, then Sheridan is setting fire to somewhere between £8,000 & £12,000 a WEEK for the next two years by joining Hibs. That's between £832,000 and £1.25m.

The deal can't hinge on a £30k shortfall surely.

It must be that CSKA are going to give Sheridan some money to go away to make up for his lost earnings and so they'll want Hibs to fund as much of that as possible.

I can see it that we've bid £200,000 and CSKA want half a million. If there's £30k in it, this deal would have been done days ago.

triciacapri
21-07-2011, 08:27 AM
If and it"s a big if, that the story in the press is accurate, and that we have offered CSKA £20k for Sheridan, could it not also be possible that we have agreed to pay Celtic the balance of what they are owed on the deal

Cropley10
21-07-2011, 08:33 AM

And there are still some on here who will tell you that they're not fussed either way if these players sign or don't...

Hibstrooper
21-07-2011, 08:40 AM
Exactly CG. If CSKA is Doina Melinte and just want the contract off their hands, then Sheridan is setting fire to somewhere between £8,000 & £12,000 a WEEK for the next two years by joining Hibs. That's between £832,000 and £1.25m.The deal can't hinge on a £30k shortfall surely.It must be that CSKA are going to give Sheridan some money to go away to make up for his lost earnings and so they'll want Hibs to fund as much of that as possible. I can see it that we've bid £200,000 and CSKA want half a million. If there's £30k in it, this deal would have been done days ago. Look at it the other way, He is on £14k a week however CSKA have no intention of playing him so if they were to wait another 6 weeks to the close of the window that's £80k in wages. Perhaps that is why they are looking for a quick conclusion. Sheridan has already spent the last 3/4 weeks on trial at different clubs and we appear to be the only concrete offer on the table.

Dibben
21-07-2011, 08:48 AM

Our friendlies so far this season have shown that at least half the time, we desparately need new players...

3pm
21-07-2011, 08:57 AM

I hope Towell stays at Parkhead. Poor defender, fast as a week in jail and if we persevere with Booth and Hanlon then we need another experienced defender.

matty_f
21-07-2011, 09:03 AM
And there are still some on here who will tell you that they're not fussed either way if these players sign or don't...

Who said that? :confused: Almost every post I've read on the squad has been about how it needs strenghtened, with the specific areas discussed being forwards and a right back. I can't think of anyone that's said we don't need them in?

alfie
21-07-2011, 09:06 AM
If and it"s a big if, that the story in the press is accurate, and that we have offered CSKA £20k for Sheridan, could it not also be possible that we have agreed to pay Celtic the balance of what they are owed on the deal

Something definitely doesnt add up. If he is on £14K a week, then a £50K transfer doesnt seem right. And if he is commanding that kind of wage, then surely he should have been on trial with some EPL clubs, and not us and an MLS side. I suspect that the £14K bit isnt right, otherwise why would he be so willing to agree terms with us.

Looking forward to a front line of Sheridan, O'Conner, Sodje, Agogo and Crawford though! :agree:

Cropley10
21-07-2011, 09:08 AM
Who said that? :confused: Almost every post I've read on the squad has been about how it needs strenghtened, with the specific areas discussed being forwards and a right back. I can't think of anyone that's said we don't need them in?

try further up this thread then:wink:

hibs0666
21-07-2011, 09:12 AM
Something definitely doesnt add up. If he is on £14K a week, then a £50K transfer doesnt seem right. And if he is commanding that kind of wage, then surely he should have been on trial with some EPL clubs, and not us and an MLS side. I suspect that the £14K bit isnt right, otherwise why would he be so willing to agree terms with us.

Looking forward to a front line of Sheridan, O'Conner, Agogo and Crawford though! :agree:

I get the impression that this will be the fee for a 6 month loan and not a permanent transfer.

alfie
21-07-2011, 09:14 AM
I get the impression that this will be the fee for a 6 month loan and not a permanent transfer.

Makes more sense, but what do we do after 6 months?

matty_f
21-07-2011, 09:16 AM
try further up this thread then:wink:

Just read through it again and I didn't see anyone saying that at all. Not one, never mind 'some.'

The overwhelming opinion was that we want Hibs to spend the money to get him.

R'Albin
21-07-2011, 09:18 AM
I get the impression that this will be the fee for a 6 month loan and not a permanent transfer. I don't think so, he's on 8- 14k a week, and they can't afford his wages, and we wouldn't be able to contribute enough wages to make it worth it IMO

Hibs90
21-07-2011, 09:21 AM
50k for Sheridan is a bargain. Do it Hibs.

Hibernia Na Eir
21-07-2011, 09:25 AM
No doubt Rod has all his 50p's counted out and wont shell out any more than need be :greengrin

Joke, if true though.

marinello59
21-07-2011, 09:35 AM
No doubt Rod has all his 50p's counted out and wont shell out any more than need be :greengrin

Joke, if true though.

Aye, what a joke offering £20K. We should be signing much more expensive players than that.. Up your offer to £500K Rod to save our blushes.

GreenPJ
21-07-2011, 09:40 AM
Whatever the number is discussions must have been held with Sheridan and his agent as to what wage and fee Hibs would pay him. They must be relatively comfortable with accepting that figure otherwise the CSKA negotiation would not be needed.

Whether Hibs are willing to increase their opening bid by 150% who knows. I hope we do sign him but if £30K is a stumbling block financially then we are in deep trouble financially and the true impact of the last two/three seasons is really hitting hard.

3pm
21-07-2011, 09:43 AM
If they are struggling financially, we ain't going to go in and offer a fortune!

R'Albin
21-07-2011, 09:45 AM
Aye, what a joke offering £20K. We should be signing much more expensive players than that.. Up your offer to £500K Rod to save our blushes.

Exactly, honestly to people really think if it came down to it we wouldn't pay the extra 30k?! Any excuse to have a go at the club :rolleyes:

ScottB
21-07-2011, 09:50 AM
Aye, cause the Express know exactly what we've bid for a player and how much CSKA want on top of that right enough...

Craig_in_Prague
21-07-2011, 09:51 AM
I'm just glad this signing still appears very possible.

IWasThere2016
21-07-2011, 09:52 AM
Aye, cause the Express know exactly what we've bid for a player and how much CSKA want on top of that right enough...

Which reporter's name is against the piece? Is it Scott Burns?

PeterboroHibee
21-07-2011, 09:56 AM

Exactly, we would be better waiting to see what actually happens rather than worrying about some speculation in a paper.

YehButNoBut
21-07-2011, 10:01 AM

Article was by Tom Baxter.

Noticed an article by Scott Burns today about Alan Gow moving to India, can't remember any UK based player moving to India before, be good for the curries though. :aok:

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/260000/Alan-Gow-fancies-an-Indian-take-away

Phil MaGlass
21-07-2011, 10:07 AM
Take it easy chaps, its an opening bid, nothing more nothing less. End result should mibbe be in the 70K region I would think, I hope this will be concluded before another team steps in and nicks him.
Just in time for the sellik game would be good.

ScottB
21-07-2011, 10:14 AM

Spooky, since that is my actual name, not the same person though :wink:

discman
21-07-2011, 10:29 AM
Take it easy chaps, its an opening bid, nothing more nothing less. End result should mibbe be in the 70K region I would think, I hope this will be concluded before another team steps in and nicks him. Just in time for the sellik game would be good. That other team wouldn't be St Johnstone?

Speedway
21-07-2011, 10:32 AM
I believe Hibs have now upped their offer. From what to what I have no idea, however.

marinello59
21-07-2011, 10:37 AM
I believe Hibs have now upped their offer. From what to what I have no idea, however.

Make something up then.

stokesmessiah
21-07-2011, 10:38 AM
Make something up then.

:faf:

Phil MaGlass
21-07-2011, 10:39 AM
i believe hibs have now upped their offer. From what to what i have no idea, however.

30k and a bottle o ginger big man?

OR 30K AND PETRIES TACHE

Speedway
21-07-2011, 10:42 AM
Make something up then.

Final offer I understand from RIP is £1.2m (lira)

If you're interested in other dodgy rumours I've received today....

Clearance for Agogo is sorted.

RIP supposedly recommended a striker to CC as a potential target.

3 guesses who it was.

persevere1875
21-07-2011, 10:43 AM
30k and a bottle o ginger big man?

OR 30K AND PETRIES TACHE

Nobody's worth that much :wink:

marinello59
21-07-2011, 10:44 AM

3 guesses who it was.

Do you have anything on the woman two doors down from me and the postman?

stokesmessiah
21-07-2011, 10:44 AM

3 guesses who it was.

RIP???? RP??

Darren Mackie??

Golden Bear
21-07-2011, 10:45 AM
That other team wouldn't be St Johnstone?

After the pre-season we've had to endure, it would really put the icing on the cake if we lost Sheridan to St Johnstone.

:paranoid:

nonshinyfinish
21-07-2011, 10:45 AM
OR 30K AND PETRIES TACHE

Why would we offer them a deal worth £1,030,000? :confused:

persevere1875
21-07-2011, 10:46 AM
Do you have anything on the woman two doors down from me and the postman?

Dont quote me on it but from what Ive heard she's happy as long as he keeps delivering the goods :greengrin

Speedway
21-07-2011, 11:00 AM
Dont quote me on it but from what Ive heard she's happy as long as he keeps delivering the goods :greengrin

I understand that she got quite a surprise when opening the package.

Speedway
21-07-2011, 11:01 AM
RIP???? RP??

Darren Mackie??

Roderick Ian Petrie - RIP.

Nope, not Mackie.

Think ex-player.

stokesmessiah
21-07-2011, 11:03 AM

Nope, not Mackie.

Think ex-player.

Killen???

Dunbar Hibee
21-07-2011, 11:06 AM

Nope, not Mackie.

Think ex-player.

Surely it would be RMP.:wink:

Peevemor
21-07-2011, 11:06 AM

Nope, not Mackie.

Think ex-player.

Mark McGraw?

Speedway
21-07-2011, 11:07 AM
Killen???

Nope.

Surely it would be RMP.:wink:

Ssshhhhh....spoilsport.

Mark McGraw?

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-07-2011, 11:14 AM
50k for Sheridan is a bargain. Do it Hibs.

If the figures are accurate, which I highly doubt, this is why people are frustrated. It would indeed be much cheapness!

lucky
21-07-2011, 11:16 AM
Hibs now saying CC not interested in CS any more.

Gatecrasher
21-07-2011, 11:17 AM

Nope, not Mackie.

Think ex-player.

Kevin Thomson

matty_f
21-07-2011, 11:18 AM

Interesting choice of words from CC, and it's unusual for us to come out with a specific statement on a player we're not signing.

WindyMiller
21-07-2011, 11:21 AM
Interesting choice of words from CC, and it's unusual for us to come out with a specific statement on a player we're not signing.

Perhaps CS and his agent keep moving the goalposts?

Spike Mandela
21-07-2011, 11:22 AM

Nope, not Mackie.

Think ex-player.

Dean Shiels?

Golden Bear
21-07-2011, 11:27 AM

Seems to be pretty final

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110721/player-update_2262950_2398136

Danderhall Hibs

Well that's that been cleared up then. :greengrin Commenting on speculation is the new we don't comment on speculation. Not commenting is so last year.

ScottB
Sounds like Sheridan has been d*cking us about, perhaps talking about us in the media to spur on his 'other options' to come in for him?

Can't think why else CC would release such a statement, basically preventing Sheridan using us in such a way in the press?

GloryGlory

Nope, not Mackie.

Think ex-player.

Konte? :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
21-07-2011, 11:28 AM
Dean Shiels? Dobmeister?The pole dancer?

Speedway
21-07-2011, 11:28 AM
Seems to be pretty final

Yep, that's a no dice statement. CC claims to have a prefered option. Let's hope it's not just Agogo

Speedway
21-07-2011, 11:29 AM
Dobmeister?The pole dancer?

Nope to all of them.

Donaldson.

matty_f
21-07-2011, 11:29 AM
Perhaps CS and his agent keep moving the goalposts?

I got the sense that we were maybe getting the runaround a bit with it, and I wonder if they've made sure to get that point in before people assume that it was a finance issue and start pelting the club for it.

stokesmessiah
21-07-2011, 11:30 AM
Speedway are you going to spill the beans or leave us hanging ??

GloryGlory
Seems to be pretty final

Did we not do this before with a player who eventually signed? Gatheussi, maybe?

Callum_62
Yep, that's a no dice statement. CC claims to have a prefered option. Let's hope it's not just Agogo

Agogo and RIP's recommendation....!!! :rolleyes:

stokesmessiah
21-07-2011, 11:31 AM
Nope to all of them.

Donaldson.

He has already signed for another club though ?? Brentford i think !

Spike Mandela

Look on the bright side, we've saved 30 grand!

PeterboroHibee
Nope to all of them.

Donaldson.

He signed for Brentford at the start of July.

Speedway
21-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Speedway are you going to spill the beans or leave us hanging ??

Post #99

Did we not do this before with a player who eventually signed? Gatheussi, maybe?

Collins came out in the press and said there would be no deal for HKT. It remains as one of the few 'exclusives' I ever got right as I knew at the time the press statement was a ruse to sort the agent out and that HKT was still signing for us.

This however, is on the official site. Again I hope the deal CC 'hopes to conclude in the next few days' is someone alongside Agogo rather than just Agogo.

flash
21-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Just goes to show yet again that nobody on here has a clue what's going on within the club despite their desperate attempts to appear to do so.

Callum_62
21-07-2011, 11:34 AM
Pretty to the point statement....somehow I dont think we suddenly have "preferred options" based on them being better than Sheridan.

Bloody frustrating pre season

Speedway
21-07-2011, 11:34 AM
He signed for Brentford at the start of July.

He has already signed for another club though ?? Brentford i think !

Yup, this was when compiling a summer shortlist.

Speedway
21-07-2011, 11:35 AM
Just goes to show yet again that nobody on here has a clue what's going on within the club despite their desperate attempts to appear to do so.

Desperate, desperate attempts.

Iain G
21-07-2011, 11:35 AM
Post #99

Collins came out in the press and said there would be no deal for HKT. It remains as one of the few 'exclusives' I ever got right as I knew at the time the press statement was a ruse to sort the agent out and that HKT was still signing for us.

This however, is on the official site. Again I hope the deal CC 'hopes to conclude in the next few days' is someone alongside Agogo rather than just Agogo.

So of the two strikers we were pursuing one is still a gogo and the other is certainly a no go?? :wink:

flash
21-07-2011, 11:36 AM
Desperate, desperate attempts.

it's the people who fall for it all that really worry me.

Speedway
21-07-2011, 11:37 AM
So of the two strikers we were pursuing one is still a gogo and the other is certainly a no go?? :wink:

Enough to send us all ga-ga eh?

stokesmessiah
21-07-2011, 11:37 AM

I know the ex player thing annoys some folk on here but i would of been quite happy to go in for him again. Scored 5 in 8 games for us and 47 in 117 games for Crewe. If he had not been an ex-player we would be wetting our pants at that kind of ratio, you only have to read the agogo thread.

GloryGlory
21-07-2011, 11:38 AM
Post #99

Thanks.

Maybe the rumoured two Spaniards on trial, one being a striker, is on the money?

Callum_62
21-07-2011, 11:39 AM
I hear Sheridan told Hibs that "I have been offered a few bags of sweeties.......I gotta look in all the bags before choosing"

CC only wants players who want to be ay Hibs eh..... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Spike Mandela
21-07-2011, 11:39 AM
Maybe one of the signings that was going to get CC 'excited' for this season has become available!

What am I saying, must have got up to early off nightshift. I'm going back to bed.

Gatecrasher
21-07-2011, 11:40 AM
Thats a pretty wierd statement for hibs to make, i wonder what happened

Scooter
21-07-2011, 11:41 AM
airey :confused:

Hibiza
21-07-2011, 11:42 AM
why do we get involved in this penny pinching. Get him signed up. No loan.

Andy74
21-07-2011, 11:43 AM

Sheridan to Birmingham then?

Dunbar Hibee
21-07-2011, 11:43 AM
Calderwood said: "I want to focus on players, who want to be at Hibernian......" Bit rich is it not?

Speedway
21-07-2011, 11:49 AM
it's the people who fall for it all that really worry me.

It's not a question of falling for it though is it?

There's a wide range of rumours on this board, some come from the pub, some from club officials who would know, some from club officials who wouldn't know and fancy a wind up. Some even come from PM's of this board to see if it gets i the paper.

I think the thing to examine is the intent. Speaking personally, if I hear something from what a consider to be dubious origin, I'll use that disclaimer. Everyone knows where I get information from personally and it's posted with the intent of sharing what is known.

Often, you end up looking a plum doing so because things change and the 'source' doesn't know about it neither does the poster and therefore something that was on the cards no longer happens and you end up just being plain wrong.

It's a small social world that someone has if they're looking for recognition on here, there are bigger stages.

But I don't think that's the case. Brooster is normally spot on as is Scoops, I've been right twice, possibly three times; TQM once and then the quieter guys like OldbutDim, Ronaldo and McIntosh, DerekHFC, Baldy et al who have sources unique to them are well worth reading when they have something to say.

The attention seekers like Drago/Balboa and others seem few and far between these days.

If no-one shared what they heard, this board would be a dull read. Specualtion often fuells interest in the club in times of poor results and pre-seasons.

If it serves nothing more than to encourage the club to post statements like today's then it serves a useful purpsse IMO.

GloryGlory
21-07-2011, 11:53 AM

From that, it appears that Sheridan has other options. I would take it that he is not prepared to commit to Hibs and Hibs aren't prepared to wait any longer.

Could be that Sheridan was using Hibs to put himself in the shop window.

easty
21-07-2011, 11:54 AM
Us maybe? :devil:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11750_7051935,00.html

flash
21-07-2011, 11:56 AM

There's a wide range of rumours on this board, some come from the pub, some from club officials who would know, some from club officials who wouldn't know and fancy a wind up. Some even come from PM's of this board to see if it gets i the paper.

I think the thing to examine is the intent. Speaking personally, if I hear something from what a consider to be dubious origin, I'll use that disclaimer. Everyone knows where I get information from personally and it's posted with the intent of sharing what is known.

Often, you end up looking a plum doing so because things change and the 'source' doesn't know about it neither does the poster and therefore something that was on the cards no longer happens and you end up just being plain wrong.

It's a small social world that someone has if they're looking for recognition on here, there are bigger stages.

But I don't think that's the case. Brooster is normally spot on as is Scoops, I've been right twice, possibly three times; TQM once and then the quieter guys like OldbutDim, Ronaldo and McIntosh, DerekHFC, Baldy et al who have sources unique to them are well worth reading when they have something to say.

The attention seekers like Drago/Balboa and others seem few and far between these days.

If no-one shared what they heard, this board would be a dull read. Specualtion often fuells interest in the club in times of poor results and pre-seasons.

If it serves nothing more than to encourage the club to post statements like today's then it serves a useful purpsse IMO.

Maybe. The only thing i was told was two of our original targets this summer. They are both now at Birmingham.

number 27
21-07-2011, 12:01 PM
airey :confused:

Wouldn't be surprised if it's Agogo now and Airey to follow.

Surely a RB as well and that would be it I expect.

discman
21-07-2011, 12:10 PM
Sheridan to Birmingham then? My monies on St Johnstone!

MyJo
21-07-2011, 12:13 PM
Very unusual statement to have come from Hibs and makes me think that Sheridan was playing us off against other clubs. The quote in that article that mentions the £50k fee has a quote from sheridan saying he has an offer from us which he is "considering".

Sounds like he was "considering" what offer he has from another club to try and force up the wage we would give him.

Beefster
21-07-2011, 12:30 PM

I know the ex player thing annoys some folk on here but i would of been quite happy to go in for him again. Scored 5 in 8 games for us and 47 in 117 games for Crewe. If he had not been an ex-player we would be wetting our pants at that kind of ratio, you only have to read the agogo thread.

Is it normal for chairmen to start suggesting strikers? I would have been happy enough for Donaldson to come back too but I'm not a big fan of Rodders suggesting players - kind of gives weight to the rumours about two thirds of our summer signings.

As for Sheridan, if he's been messing us about or using us, good on Hibs.

And it only took TQM 312 attempts before he got that one right!

(Only joking TQM!)

robinp
21-07-2011, 12:49 PM
And it only took TQM 312 attempts before he got that one right!

(Only joking TQM!)

smurf
21-07-2011, 12:56 PM
I hear Sheridan told Hibs that "I have been offered a few bags of sweeties.......I gotta look in all the bags before choosing"

CC only wants players who want to be ay Hibs eh..... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's the irony of the ironies.

Ray_
21-07-2011, 01:14 PM

I often wonder if those inside the club has a clue...........

HibsMax
21-07-2011, 01:21 PM
Didn't read all the posts but if this whole thing is as simple as Hibs upping their bid by 30k then I think it's a bit crazy not to pay them fee. I understand the negotiation process but the fees being bandied around don't appear to be that much.

If Hibs have sold 7,000 season tickets at an average of 200 quid (if that is a fair average) then that means we've brought in 1.4 million that can be spent on the squad in addition to what was already there. Does anyone think we have this pile of cash sitting somewhere ready to be spent? Have we spent any of that money already?

I think, as others have said in this thread - the posts I did read, there is something else going which could include CC playing games as well. I guess it all depends on who blinks first.

Thomson
21-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Scotzine on twitter just posted this.

NEW ARTICLE: Cillian Sher idan signs for St.Johnstone on loan
http://www.scotzine.com/2011/07/cillian-sheridan-signs-for-st-johnstone-on-loan/

:rolleyes: (http://www.scotzine.com/2011/07/cillian-sheridan-signs-for-st-johnstone-on-loan/)

PeterboroHibee
21-07-2011, 01:27 PM
On their official site.

http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/newsitemsdetail.php?param=1592

:confused:

Beefster
21-07-2011, 01:27 PM

http://www.scotzine.com/2011/07/cillian-sheridan-signs-for-st-johnstone-on-loan/

:rolleyes: (http://www.scotzine.com/2011/07/cillian-sheridan-signs-for-st-johnstone-on-loan/)

If true, an utter embarrassment for Hibs. When it was alluded that he was dicking us about, I assumed that we were competing with richer clubs than us.

It would appear that today's statement was to try and counter the shame of losing a player, even a loan, to St Johnstone.

YehButNoBut
21-07-2011, 01:28 PM

That's fair enough we've been outbid by a bigger team. :fuming: :furious: :grr:

Broken Gnome
21-07-2011, 01:29 PM

Oh oh.....

Regardless of why Hibs haven't gone through with it, it's an absolute shocker before Sunday. Can ticket sales go backwards?

easty
21-07-2011, 01:29 PM
Brilliant. I wonder if he chose them becuase we wanted him to get a bus from the airport to save a few pounds, St Johnstone offered him a lift and that's what did it. :rolleyes:

Bobby's Cinema
21-07-2011, 01:31 PM

Dark days. Least I'm no sharing a flat with two St.Johnstone fans :aok:

HibsMax
21-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Calderwood said: "I want to focus on players, who want to be at Hibernian......" Bit rich is it not?

What do you expect him to say? Anyway, I'm not getting into this debate again. CC is our manager and our manager focusing no players who want to be at Hibs is EXACTLY the thing I want to hear him say.

EDIT: just read the St.J thing. WTF?!

ahibby
21-07-2011, 01:46 PM
CC says 'he'll concentrate on getting players who want to be at Hibs' and so Sheridan wants to be at S.J in preference to Hibs. Unbelievable and it has to be a wind up! It better be!

blackpoolhibs
21-07-2011, 01:50 PM
Could the reason be Sheridan has signed for St Johnstone is they paid more than we would for him? :rolleyes:

J-C
21-07-2011, 02:06 PM
If CSK wanted money for Sheridan, then perhaps it was wages that was the stumbling block, maybe that's the reason we didn't go for a loan deal like St J have. I'm sure RP would've seen Sheridan as a good selling on playerbut his wage demands might've been too high for us, a loan you only pay what you can afford.

Cropley10
21-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Could the reason be Sheridan has signed for St Johnstone is they paid more than we would for him? :rolleyes:

You're joking right, if we wanted him - we'd have got him. We've got someone even better lined up. You wait and see.

blackpoolhibs
21-07-2011, 02:14 PM
You're joking right, if we wanted him - we'd have got him. We've got someone even better lined up. You wait and see.

I was joking, we did want him, we made an offer. We've got someone better lined up. :faf: :faf: If we were the police we'd struggle to get a line up. :boo hoo:

down the slope
21-07-2011, 02:18 PM
Cropley, Andy , Albion , and Mikey, you have got to laugh at this, it is a total shambles at ER surely you must see this now ?. who will outbid us next, Spartans ?.

RIP
21-07-2011, 02:19 PM
That other team wouldn't be St Johnstone?

Spooky!!

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Where else are we likely to get a player of this standard for 50k? Will be highly surprised if he doesnt end up elsewhere, heres hoping im wrong.

As I was saying! :no way:

Stevie Reid
21-07-2011, 02:24 PM
Cropley, Andy , Albion , and Mikey, you have got to laugh at this, it is a total shambles at ER surely you must see this now ?. who will outbid us next, Spartans ?.

The only way that we've been outbid is if Hibs offer was turned down and we were offered him on loan, and St. Johnstone offered to pay more of his wages than us.

It may well be the case but I'm highly sceptical.