PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Enjoy The Game

RSS Bot
20-07-2011, 05:00 PM
Clubs and Police issue joint statement

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110720/enjoy-the-game_2262950_2397686)

SRHibs
20-07-2011, 05:10 PM

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110720/enjoy-the-game_2262950_2397686)

'Any intimidating behaviour will be dealt with'. Fair enough if it's intimidating other fans, but there's nothing wrong with making it an intimidating atmosphere for the opposition.

Good to see them (hopefully) stamping down on sectarianism though. Let's just wait and see how well it's enforced.

HIBERNIAN-0762
20-07-2011, 05:15 PM
'Any intimidating behaviour will be dealt with'. Fair enough if it's intimidating other fans, but there's nothing wrong with make it an intimidating atmosphere for the opposition.

Good to see them (hopefully) stamping down on sectarianism though. Let's just wait and see how well it's enforced.

It won't be enforced at their end that's for sure, stewards and coppers will be too busy weeding out Hibees for supporting their team

:rolleyes:

marinello59
20-07-2011, 05:16 PM
It won't be enforced at their end that's for sure, stewards and coppers will be too busy weeding out Hibees for supporting their team

:rolleyes:

Why?

Antifa Hibs
20-07-2011, 05:20 PM
And people wonder why crowds are down. Buy your £28 ticket, sit down, shut up, perhaps buy some of our over-priced snacks and go home. :faf:

Utter utter bollocks.

bingo70
20-07-2011, 05:24 PM
And people wonder why crowds are down. Buy your £28 ticket, sit down, shut up, perhaps buy some of our over-priced snacks and go home. :faf:

Utter utter bollocks.

You missed out the bit where they ask you to enjoy the game.

Hibs are pissing me off just now and i really can't be arsed with this season starting but to have a go at them for this statement is a bit ridiculous, they've not asked you to stop singing, just pretty much dinnae go fighting or be a racist, if that puts you off going maybe it's best you don't go.

Antifa Hibs
20-07-2011, 05:27 PM
You missed out the bit where they ask you to enjoy the game.

Hibs are pissing me off just now and i really can't be arsed with this season starting but to have a go at them for this statement is a bit ridiculous, they've not asked you to stop singing, just pretty much dinnae go fighting or be a racist, if that puts you off going maybe it's best you don't go.

When has there been any racism, sectarianism or violence at Easter Road for them to feel the need to come out with this pish.

It's the 'offensive' chanting and 'intimidating behaviour' that gets me. It's the fitba FFS!

marinello59
20-07-2011, 05:28 PM
I love the over reaction to this. :faf:

R'Albin
20-07-2011, 05:29 PM

Utter utter bollocks.

Or sit in/near the singing section where you will be allowed to stand all you want and support the team :dunno:

Gatecrasher
20-07-2011, 05:29 PM

:hnet: :aok:

bingo70
20-07-2011, 05:33 PM
When has there been any racism, sectarianism or voilence at Easter Road for them to feel the need to come out with this pish.

It's the 'offensive' chanting and 'intimidating behaviour' that gets me. It's the fitba FFS!

Whenever the old firm come to town.

I also think after the trouble last season and the ridiculous hysteria around the last old firm game they'll be out to make an example of teams pretty early so the Skacel and Laryea kingston songs could be on dangerous grounds (i'm aware Kingston is away now but if there's any black players playing for celtic it could get brought out again).

Cameron1875
20-07-2011, 05:36 PM
A statement is issued warning fans to behave but i can bet there will be at least 2000 Celtic fans signing about the IRA and the most likely place for an arrest to be made sadly will be in the East Stand. It really is a joke.:grr:

Mikey
20-07-2011, 05:36 PM

I thought I'd move it out of the News Forum for a laugh :greengrin

HIBERNIAN-0762
20-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Why?

Like you've never seen this happen?, goes on all the time, you either sit the with quiet guys (the majority that is) or your just not paying attention to it.

Westie1875
20-07-2011, 05:38 PM
When has there been any racism, sectarianism or violence at Easter Road for them to feel the need to come out with this pish.

When the old firm come to town?

They're warning away fans too, I don't think we'd be seeing this on the Hibs website if we were playing Aberdeen, Dundee Utd or any other spl team other than the OF (maybe Hearts).

HIBERNIAN-0762
20-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Or sit in/near the singing section where you will be allowed to stand all you want and support the team :dunno:

From what I've heard stewards have been clamping down on people standing up to sing, there was plenty of complaints last season on here about it anyway.

.Sean.
20-07-2011, 05:56 PM
Biggest load of pish i've read in a while.

It's the football. Intimidating, hostile atmospheres and 'offensive' chanting has been around for years. It won't go away, and neither should it. Yes, the sectarian singing is way out of date and should be clamped down on, however IMO there is nothing wrong about chants that will wind up opposing players and fans. Take that away and you may aswell watch cricket, bowls or the like, it'll be just about as much fun.

I take it the Polis and the jobsworth 'Hard Men' in the illuminous jackets will be enforcing this policy in the Celtic end too aye? :faf: Will they ****.

It seems you're a criminal if you like a bevvy and a daft sing-song at the football. Folk know what to expect at the bigger matches, if you get upset at what goes on perhaps you should consider a new hobby.

Saorsa
20-07-2011, 05:58 PM

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110720/enjoy-the-game_2262950_2397686)and dinnae for get tae bring yer sweeties and half time oranges :rolleyes:

MWHIBBIES
20-07-2011, 06:11 PM
Just found this on another football forum i go on.

Hibs regularly sing sectarian songs.

The exageration of forty thousand Celtic fans singing terrorist songs is hilarious!! The element of idiots at Celtic is probably smaller than the amount of bigots at Hibs

TowerHibs
20-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Just found this on another football forum i go on.

Yeah, pretty much the worst observation i've read. We are terrible moaning idiots but we have an extremely small, almost zero sectarian problem. Compare to the OF anyway

Biggest load of pish i've read in a while.

It's the football. Intimidating, hostile atmospheres and 'offensive' chanting has been around for years. It won't go away, and neither should it. Yes, the sectarian singing is way out of date and should be clamped down on, however IMO there is nothing wrong about chants that will wind up opposing players and fans. Take that away and you may aswell watch cricket, bowls or the like, it'll be just about as much fun.

I take it the Polis and the jobsworth 'Hard Men' in the illuminous jackets will be enforcing this policy in the Celtic end too aye? :faf: Will they ****.

It seems you're a criminal if you like a bevvy and a daft sing-song at the football. Folk know what to expect at the bigger matches, if you get upset at what goes on perhaps you should consider a new hobby.

pretty much agree with all that

blackpoolhibs
20-07-2011, 06:55 PM
When the police wade in and arrest practically every Celtc fans on sunday, only then will i take any of this serious.

What i do expect is they will take the easy option as they always seem to do, and just ignore what comes out of that end, and be heavy handed with the home support instead.

marinello59
20-07-2011, 07:04 PM
Like you've never seen this happen?, goes on all the time, you either sit the with quiet guys (the majority that is) or your just not paying attention to it.

That's right. I am a naive no nothing who has never sat with the real fans like yourself. Thanks for even acknowledging my worthless presence by the way.:thumbsup:
When was the last time you saw a home fan chucked out of Easter Road that didn't deserve it?

Mikey
20-07-2011, 07:08 PM
When was the last time you saw a home fan chucked out of Easter Road that didn't deserve it?

They never do nothin guv.

blackpoolhibs
20-07-2011, 07:16 PM
They never do nothin guv.

I dont know what our fans do to get arrested, but in recent times i have seen stewards and police telling folk to sit down, and threatening to arrest them, yet if they only looked the other way into the away end, there's 3500 all standing and nothing being said.

Yes our nutters should get slung out or arrested is they deserve it, but this new initiative about sectarian singing really has nothing to do with us, i wish they would address the people it is for without dragging us and the other 9 clubs in the SPL into this.

marinello59
20-07-2011, 07:22 PM
I dont know what our fans do to get arrested, but in recent times i have seen stewards and police telling folk to sit down, and threatening to arrest them, yet if they only looked the other way into the away end, there's 3500 all standing and nothing being said.

Yes our nutters should get slung out or arrested is they deserve it, but this new initiative about sectarian singing really has nothing to do with us, i wish they would address the people it is for without dragging us and the other 9 clubs in the SPL into this.

I agree, it largely has nothing to do with us but I have no problem being asked not to do something I wouldn't do anyway. My nine year old throws a strop over things like that, it amuses me to see adults get outraged over the same sort of thing.

Saorsa
20-07-2011, 07:25 PM

Yes our nutters should get slung out or arrested is they deserve it, but this new initiative about sectarian singing really has nothing to do with us, i wish they would address the people it is for without dragging us and the other 9 clubs in the SPL into this.other 8 clubs :wink:

But I agree, rather than actually singling out those responsible, as usual they're trying and make it out tae be everybody that's at fault. They couldnae be seen tae be picking on the poor OF :rolleyes:

Keith_M
20-07-2011, 07:28 PM
Well, I suspect this statement is aimed at Hibs fans because I have it on good authority that Celtc fans don't sing sectarian songs. They only sing 'political' songs and folk ditties.

Whatever happened to that Celtc fan that used to post in here with his informative lectures and completely non-patronising posts? Jack somethin wasn't it?

Jack the Ripper.. Jumpin Jack Flash.. whatever.

blackpoolhibs
20-07-2011, 07:42 PM
other 8 clubs :wink:

But I agree, rather than actually singling out those responsible, as usual they're trying and make it out tae be everybody that's at fault. They couldnae be seen tae be picking on the poor OF :rolleyes:

Yes other 8 teams. :greengrin I was at Bloomfield road last night, hospitality. :greengrin The place was infested by huns, and during the meal they started their party songs. Would you believe it they were singing FTP at the top of their voices during dinner.:rolleyes:

During the game their dittys with the same FTP added on the end was clearly sung by 99% of them, not a small minority at all.

I cant wait to see our police try and impliment this new law. :faf:

The Blackpool fans were looking on in amazement at times last night. And as usual there were many too drunk to walk before the game, and my taxi driving mate was not prepared to go out last night and work.

Saorsa
20-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Yes other 8 teams. :greengrin I was at Bloomfield road last night, hospitality. :greengrin The place was infested by huns, and during the meal they started their party songs. Would you believe it they were singing FTP at the top of their voices during dinner.:rolleyes:

During the game their dittys with the same FTP added on the end was clearly sung by 99% of them, not a small minority at all.

I cant wait to see our police try and impliment this new law. :faf:

The Blackpool fans were looking on in amazement at times last night. And as usual there were many too drunk to walk before the game, and my taxi driving mate was not prepared to go out last night and work.most of them dinnae walk upright before they've had a drink

SquashedFrogg
20-07-2011, 07:44 PM
other 8 clubs :wink:

To be fair, when those Kilmarnock fans turn up it's total carnage! And don't get me started on when Inverness are in town... :wink:

givescotlandfreedom
20-07-2011, 07:45 PM
Of course Celtc bring their own stewards to ER. The same ones that treat us like vermin at Parkhead.

Sir David Gray
20-07-2011, 07:46 PM
I agree that this is ridiculous for this warning to be put up on our website. We have millions of problems at Hibs right now, sectarian singing is not one of them.

As others have said, when they go in and eject and arrest 3,500 Celtic fans on Sunday for singing songs which glorify a terrorist organisation, and you know that they WILL sing those songs, I may take this thing seriously.

I read on the BBC website earlier on, it may already be on here but I've just come on for the first time today and haven't had time to look, that the SPL are now to get referees to listen out for sectarian singing at games and report it in their match report.

I think I can honestly say that is one of the most stupid things I have ever heard in my life. A referee should have so many other things to concentrate on during that 90 minutes, listening out for a song or two with naughty words in it should be the last thing on their mind.

You really have to wonder about the people who make these ideas up. :crazy:

blackpoolhibs
20-07-2011, 07:51 PM
I agree that this is ridiculous for this warning to be put up on our website. We have millions of problems at Hibs right now, sectarian singing is not one of them.

As others have said, when they go in and eject and arrest 3,500 Celtic fans on Sunday for singing songs which glorify a terrorist organisation, and you know that they WILL sing those songs, I may take this thing seriously.

I read on the BBC website earlier on, it may already be on here but I've just come on for the first time today and haven't had time to look, that the SPL are now to get referees to listen out for sectarian singing at games and report it in their match report.
I think I can honestly say that is one of the most stupid things I have ever heard in my life. A referee should have so many other things to concentrate on during that 90 minutes, listening out for a song or two with naughty words in it should be the last thing on their mind.

And mine, absolutely ridiculous, yet believable. :rolleyes:

Scouse Hibee
20-07-2011, 08:03 PM
Right get your phones ready, 0131 311 3131 is the number for L&B Police Communication centre. As soon as you hear any offensive chants or singing at the game from the Celtic fans get on your phone and report it!
Let's see how they cope and respond as per their statement issued today.:greengrin

ArabHibee
20-07-2011, 08:06 PM

Freedom Fighters is what they are.
Did you not read the other thread on the Holy Ground FH?
:wink:

Jonnyboy
20-07-2011, 08:13 PM
****Over reaction alert ****

I suspect all clubs will be doing something similar as a result of wee Eck hunting down the bigots.

For once I reckon criticising Hibs is off the mark

Saorsa
20-07-2011, 08:16 PM

I suspect all clubs will be doing something similar as a result of wee Eck hunting down the bigots.

For once I reckon criticising Hibs is off the markNae need tae hunt them down, everybody knows where they are, they're just too feird tae point the finger at the real culprits and single them out, so they'll drag everybody else in tae it.

blackpoolhibs
20-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Nae need tae hunt them down, everybody knows where they are, they're just too feird tae point the finger at the real culprits and single them out, so they'll drag everybody else in tae it.

:agree: Yip the authorities police and the SFA know who's at fault, its them that are dragging Hibs into this.

Scouse Hibee
20-07-2011, 08:19 PM

For once I reckon criticising Hibs is off the mark

Not having a go at Hibs, it's a ********No Reaction Alert********* from the Police & SFA that gets to me!

Removed
20-07-2011, 08:22 PM
Yes other 8 teams. :greengrin I was at Bloomfield road last night, hospitality. :greengrin The place was infested by huns, and during the meal they started their party songs. Would you believe it they were singing FTP at the top of their voices during dinner.:rolleyes:During the game their dittys with the same FTP added on the end was clearly sung by 99% of them, not a small minority at all.I cant wait to see our police try and impliment this new law. :faf:The Blackpool fans were looking on in amazement at times last night. And as usual there were many too drunk to walk before the game, and my taxi driving mate was not prepared to go out last night and work. But BITC won't have heard any of that :agree:

Jonnyboy
20-07-2011, 08:25 PM
Nae need tae hunt them down, everybody knows where they are, they're just too feird tae point the finger at the real culprits and single them out, so they'll drag everybody else in tae it.

:agree: Yip the authorities police and the SFA know who's at fault, its them that are dragging Hibs into this.

I know that, you both know that and the polis/SPL/SFA/Scottish Government/B&Q etc etc know that BUT if a level playingfield approach is not adopted you'll find the chip on Celtc fans' shoulders and the stains on the integrity of the FTP t-shirt wearing Billy Boys will have them all shouting about infringement of their human rights :wink:

blackpoolhibs
20-07-2011, 08:31 PM
I know that, you both know that and the polis/SPL/SFA/Scottish Government/B&Q etc etc know that BUT if a level playingfield approach is not adopted you'll find the chip on Celtc fans' shoulders and the stains on the integrity of the FTP t-shirt wearing Billy Boys will have them all shouting about infringement of their human rights :wink:

You are right John of course you are, it does get on my thruppnies though. My mate lives in a block of flats where there's a family who have late night parties. They have been given the warnings, not the whole block. Nobodys complaining about that?:wink:

SouthamptonHibs
20-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Roll on Sunday....
I was actually looking forward to the new SPL season despite everything Scottish fitbaw and Hibs are trying to do to put us off going to the games!
That statement Hibs have put out has a large grey area which could catch the honest fan out!

What is intimidating too away fans would this be classed as an offensive song?
Could it be?
We HATE Glasgow Rangers,
We HATE Celtic too,
We HATE Heart of Midlothain
but the Hibees we love you

Lads i'm confused, will that Song be given the Green light or Red light by L&B on Sunday.
For me i'd class that as a classic Hibs song but if we are 2 nil up (dreaming here) on Sunday, will 3800 Celtic fans complain that they are intimidated as we are singing that we HATE them? What happens next do Hibs fans get punted out the stadium by L&B's finest for being happy?

Another pointless statement from Hibs....................................
With the summer and last season we have had the only statements Hibs should be printing are "Hibs new signing", "another Hibs new signing" or "Calderwood confirms he's staying/going"!
At this moment anybody that is going to ER for a match deserves a reward. We r heading for near certain defeat on Sunday!
Surely we can sing what we want (within reason)!
Defo no fun for me before match as can't go for a beer before the game as it's on Sunday lunchtime! Lets hope our new team surprises us and gets a draw / win.

Anyway roll on Sunday, i'll be in the East with my mobile waiting to complain!
Anyone got Petrie's direct number, as i've got a feeling the last thing that will bother me is the singing?

Hail Hail

Jonnyboy
20-07-2011, 08:44 PM
You are right John of course you are, it does get on my thruppnies though. My mate lives in a block of flats where there's a family who have late night parties. They have been given the warnings, not the whole block. Nobodys complaining about that?:wink:

Tell yer mate to throw a few parties G :greengrin

FranckSuzy
20-07-2011, 08:58 PM
The club should have really taken a leaf out of this pub landlord's book :greengrin http://twitpic.com/5t3ddx

Keith_M
20-07-2011, 09:08 PM
The new laws that Wee Eck tried to rush through defined offensive as, “behaviour that a reasonable person would be likely to consider offensive”.

That should make a fortune for the lawyers debating that in court.