PDA

View Full Version : Edwin De Graaf?

ManBearPig
20-07-2011, 08:41 AM
Having read some of the other posts on numerous threads, I have noticed a lot of support and people talking about EDG. Have I missed something? Because with exception of the Maribor game I have been throughly disappointed with him. (which is a shame because when we signed him I had high hopes)
Either the tide has turned or everyone else is being facetious and as a newcomer to the boards I am missing out on joke (highly likely!!).

Sorry I mentioned this on another thread but wanted to get a broader opinion on this.

J-C
20-07-2011, 08:47 AM
Having read some of the other posts on numerous threads, I have noticed a lot of support and people talking about EDG. Have I missed something? Because with exception of the Maribor game I have been throughly disappointed with him. (which is a shame because when we signed him I had high hopes)
Either the tide has turned or everyone else is being facetious and as a newcomer to the boards I am missing out on joke (highly likely!!).

Sorry I mentioned this on another thread but wanted to get a broader opinion on this.

He seems to have come back as the player we expected, so fingers crossed for a good season from him, we need quality and if so it'd be like a new signing if he comes good.

Speedway
20-07-2011, 08:49 AM
EDG is technically fine but physically far too slow. If he can get time on the ball, he'll be good for us, if he gets shut down or hurried on the ball, he'll look awful.

PeeJay
20-07-2011, 08:49 AM

He missed a great opportunity in front of goal last night so his detractors will feel justified in claiming he can't play football to save himself. From what I could see on Falkirk TV he had some good moves and perhaps one or two not so good moves, but he wasn't on all that long (I think) so difficult for me to really tell. Personally I think EDG is the least of our worries, but ...

ManBearPig
20-07-2011, 08:58 AM
That all sounds quite positive!! :thumbsup:

If all that is true I'm excited to see what may become of him, given his technical skill maybe play him in the hole behind O'Connor?!

Still I take it he doesnt look like the dutch Sauzee, Big Yogi promised!? I do realise what PeeJay means by least of worries, where is our new RB and we need another striker preferably a pacy one! as with exception of Ivan we lack pace up front.

Speedway
20-07-2011, 09:01 AM
That all sounds quite positive!! :thumbsup:

If all that is true I'm excited to see what may become of him, given his technical skill maybe play him in the hole behind O'Connor?!

Still I take it he doesnt look like the dutch Sauzee, Big Yogi promised!? I do realise what PeeJay means by least of worries, where is our new RB and we need another striker preferably a pacy one! as with exception of Ivan we lack pace up front.

There's supposed to be an RB at EM this week.

Andy74
20-07-2011, 09:01 AM
He's a good footballer, all this talk of not being able to control, pass a ball etc, total nonsense.

Where people are obviously right is that it hasn't worked for him so far but there's a real decent player in there.

He did well when he came on last night, one great knock down to Wotherspoon and a good run that was probably a bit anxious to finish and hit the keeper.

No point hounding the guy, I think he will come good with some support.

To be fair he got some good encoragement from the crowd last night.

Geo_1875
20-07-2011, 09:17 AM
There's supposed to be an RB at EM this week.

There should be a RB at EM every week.

Speedway
20-07-2011, 09:23 AM
There should be a RB at EM every week.

There's an Rb at ER and EM. Usually watching MTV or BBC (Doesn't like ITV) and then nips down to B&Q since the demise of MFI before getting back to ER PDQ for a Q&A where he needs to watch his Ps & Qs

IWasThere2016
20-07-2011, 09:25 AM
There's an Rb at ER and EM. Usually watching MTV or BBC (Doesn't like ITV) and then nips down to B&Q since the demise of MFI before getting back to ER PDQ for a Q&A where he needs to watch his Ps & Qs

FTAOD, IIRC the RB likes a BBQ.

Speedway
20-07-2011, 09:26 AM
FTAOD, IIRC the RB likes a BBQ.

:agree: LOL

Bayern Bru
20-07-2011, 04:33 PM
He missed a great opportunity in front of goal last night so his detractors will feel justified in claiming he can't play football to save himself. From what I could see on Falkirk TV he had some good moves and perhaps one or two not so good moves, but he wasn't on all that long (I think) so difficult for me to really tell. Personally I think EDG is the least of our worries, but ...

McGovern made a good save - was in the stand directly behind the goal and it was a good save. Ed was unlucky, but it's good to see him not shying away from having a go.

He'll come good this season. :agree:

Cameron1875
20-07-2011, 05:33 PM
From what i saw last night he missed a wonderful one on one chance and also lost the ball in a very dangerous position causing falkirk to get a shot on goal where they really should have scored.

People have said that if he gets time on the ball then he is a good player. Newsflash = you don't get time on the ball in the spl.

Ed De Gramo
20-07-2011, 05:36 PM
From what i saw last night he missed a wonderful one on one chance and also lost the ball in a very dangerous position causing falkirk to get a shot on goal where they really should have scored.

People have said that if he gets time on the ball then he is a good player. Newsflash = you don't get time on the ball in the spl.

Martin Scott gave the ball away against Livi....Iain Russell scored from it.

Players make mistakes, best to get them out the way before the SPL action starts.

Cameron1875
20-07-2011, 05:39 PM
Martin Scott gave the ball away against Livi....Iain Russell scored from it.

Players make mistakes, best to get them out the way before the SPL action starts.

I understand that but players like boozy who were able to pass the ball and had good vision were able to get time and space cause their great movement allows that. Degraff does not look mobile enough to get himself the extra half yard of space unfortunately.

Andy74
20-07-2011, 08:19 PM

Good for you.

Jonnyboy
20-07-2011, 08:29 PM

That's one take on it I guess. Alternatively it could be argued the keeper made an excellent save (which he did) and that Ed was unlucky not to score

Barney McGrew
20-07-2011, 08:30 PM
That's one take on it I guess. Alternatively it could be argued the keeper made an excellent save (which he did) and that Ed was unlucky not to score

:agree:

He played a fantastic ball through to Spoony to set up his chance too.

Kaiser1962
20-07-2011, 09:30 PM
He's a good footballer, all this talk of not being able to control, pass a ball etc, total nonsense.

Where people are obviously right is that it hasn't worked for him so far but there's a real decent player in there.

He did well when he came on last night, one great knock down to Wotherspoon and a good run that was probably a bit anxious to finish and hit the keeper.

No point hounding the guy, I think he will come good with some support.

To be fair he got some good encoragement from the crowd last night.

totally agree :agree: