PDA

View Full Version : Yams You'll get your money...eventually....

steakbake
19-07-2011, 10:23 AM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts-players-go-unpaid.6803932.jp

Saw this and thought I'd whip up a frenzy. Surely not again?

Cabbage East
19-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Nothing to see here...

PatHead
19-07-2011, 10:34 AM
What has the SFA fine to do with paying wages or bonuses?

Twa Cairpets
19-07-2011, 10:39 AM
How many times is that now? Three? Four?

You would have though that the income from 400,000 ST sales would have eased their cash flow problems.

Hibby D
19-07-2011, 10:40 AM
Nothing to see here...

Yes there is.......

On a positive note, Fedotovas confirmed that Rudi Skacel is close to signing a contract extension said to be worth however much the club can afford to pay at any given time

:faf:

Andy74
19-07-2011, 11:03 AM

Cashflow.

Unexpected fines, no cash to pay for it. Bonuses don't need to be paid so aren't.

Hibs Class
19-07-2011, 11:52 AM

Cashflow.

Unexpected fines, no cash to pay for it. Bonuses don't need to be paid so aren't.

I think it's more likely that when the amount of fines is finalised the club will look for the players to make a contribution as it is their indiscipline that caused the fines, and that will be done through a reduction in the bonuses. The SFA fines have nothing to do with non-payment of wages though, other than them running out of cash (and that seems to be a non-story trawled up simply because it's the hun/mini-hun derby this weekend and this story always has to be run ahead of that.)

timebomb
19-07-2011, 11:54 AM

Nothing to do with the salaries but I believe the bonuses are connected to the SFA disciplinary fine.

I think it was agreed that any bonuses due for coming third were payable less the obligatory SFA disciplinary fine so with the appeal having been submitted they don't yet know how much of a fine they are getting.

Twa Cairpets
19-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Nothing to do with the salaries but I believe the bonuses are connected to the SFA disciplinary fine.

I think it was agreed that any bonuses due for coming third were payable less the obligatory SFA disciplinary fine so with the appeal having been submitted they don't yet know how much of a fine they are getting.

Bit unfair to blame the players for the Mafia/referee/GFA/etc conspiracy isnt it? If this was the case then surely they're entitled to their bonuses. It wasn't their fault after all.

Mair bollox and spin.

MyJo
19-07-2011, 12:03 PM
Waiting on money to be transferred from Lithuania? why isnt it in a uk based bank account (you know, the ones with the overdrafts) waiting to be paid to the players............tax dodge or has it all been spent already and they are having to go cap-in-hand to the mad one?

Beefster
19-07-2011, 12:04 PM

So why can't they pay a token bonus or pay the full bonus and claw back the fine amount from future bonus payments? Utter bull**** to say "we don't know how much we will have to take off so cannot pay anything at all".

timebomb
19-07-2011, 12:04 PM
Bit unfair to blame the players for the Mafia/referee/GFA/etc conspiracy isnt it? If this was the case then surely they're entitled to their bonuses. It wasn't their fault after all.

Mair bollox and spin.

Separate fines - they are challenging the £100k fine for yellow and red cards received

timebomb
19-07-2011, 12:06 PM
So why can't they pay a token bonus or pay the full bonus and claw back the fine amount from future bonus payments? Utter bull**** to say "we don't know how much we will have to take off so cannot pay anything at all".

I can't argue with that comment - it's what I'd be looking for if I was a player

Twa Cairpets
19-07-2011, 12:57 PM
Separate fines - they are challenging the £100k fine for yellow and red cards received

Irrelevant, If Vlad really thought his players were hard done by, he'd be publicly backing his position by paying their bonuses. "Why should my players suffer vecause of the actions of the Mafia etc etc".

They're not being paid due to the fact there's no cash. Let's hope finally this is the start of the collapse of the whole cess pit.

lyonhibs
19-07-2011, 01:13 PM
Have they witheld bonuses on a sort of "means tested basis" based on how much players rank discipline last season contributed to the total of cards that ended up with them getting fined? (e.g. Zaliukas getting absolutely nailed, whilst lesser offenders get less of their bonus withheld)

Or has no bonus whatsoever been paid to any player that it should have been??

Cos the latter would rather indicate that - ahem - there's nae money to pay them, end of story.

Brebners Bookie
19-07-2011, 01:24 PM
Ha

PatHead
19-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Don't let the discussion re bonuses mask the fact wages haven't been paid again! Maybe the loan from Wonga ain't been paid from last month which is holding things up.

Hibby D
19-07-2011, 02:19 PM
Waiting on money to be transferred from Lithuania? why isnt it in a uk based bank account (you know, the ones with the overdrafts) waiting to be paid to the players............tax dodge or has it all been spent already and they are having to go cap-in-hand to the mad one?

Don't you know it's flown over from Lith, in a suitcase, every week??? :agree::greengrin

Cabbage East
19-07-2011, 02:24 PM
What a farcical way to run a football club. Even a club as corrupt, despicable and mutated as that horrid shower of criminals.

poolman
19-07-2011, 02:25 PM
Don't you know it's flown over from Lith, in a suitcase, every week??? :agree::greengrin

In the "Diplomatic Pouch" perhaps :greengrin

steakbake
19-07-2011, 03:03 PM

I know a den mother whose two young players frequently go weeks without wages (and she weeks without rent) only for some guy to turn up at the house with some cash. Their agents were stonewalled about when they could expect to be paid, but if they kicked up enough fuss, someone would eventually pitch up. It's a poor show - not at all fair on people working for HMFC. The irony of being sponsored by wonga grows with every day...

Barney McGrew
19-07-2011, 03:13 PM

Amusingly enough, I don't think you're far off the mark there D.

I've heard stories of Hertz players being paid cash in hand from time to time, and I'm sure there will be others on here who've heard the same.

renato
19-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Amusingly enough, I don't think you're far off the mark there D.

I've heard stories of Hertz players being paid cash in hand from time to time, and I'm sure there will be others on here who've heard the same.

:agree:

From the horse's mouth, so to speak. And the payment "difficulties" are more frequent than reported too. Feel sorry for normal staff who seem to get affected more often than the playing / coaching staff, albeit not too much sympathy as they choose to work for our modest pink neighbours. :greengrin

Andy74
19-07-2011, 03:41 PM
:agree:

From the horse's mouth, so to speak. And the payment "difficulties" are more frequent than reported too. Feel sorry for normal staff who seem to get affected more often than the playing / coaching staff, albeit not too much sympathy as they choose to work for our modest pink neighbours. :greengrin

Yet players still sign for them, safe in the knowledge that when they do get paid it is considerably more than they'd get elsewhere and if they really don't get paid for long enough they can walk away and get paid somewhere else.

As you say it's the suppliers and regular staff that would have a problem.

renato
19-07-2011, 04:01 PM
Yet players still sign for them, safe in the knowledge that when they do get paid it is considerably more than they'd get elsewhere and if they really don't get paid for long enough they can walk away and get paid somewhere else.

As you say it's the suppliers and regular staff that would have a problem.

Spot on Andy, as the likes of IB, DB, KK and laterally AW would testify. I'm guessing the payment issues must be common knowledge in player circles throughout Scotland yet, despite this, we still see them signing guys on a very attractive wedge.

The lure of considerably more £ is always going to give them a massive advantage over the likes of us, Arabs and Sheep unfortunately, regardless of the odd payment issue when Vlad's monthly wedge isn't enough to cover the monthly expenditure.

greenginger
19-07-2011, 05:01 PM

A Chinese girl was stopped at Edin. Airport with a 100,000 euros in cash last month and had the lot confiscated because she could'nt give a good reason for having the cash.

That will be the wages they are waiting on - proceeds of crime act :thumbsup:

Hope the money gets spent in Leith :na na:

Monkey Harris
19-07-2011, 07:20 PM
BeLIEve the Hearts players have been told to contact Wonga.com:wink:

heidtheba
20-07-2011, 02:59 PM
[QUOTE=PatHead;2861528]Don't let the discussion re bonuses mask the fact wages haven't been paid again! Maybe the loan from Wonga ain't been paid from last month which is holding things up.[/QUOTE

Right this is something I don't get...why would a loan company with all the 'dodginess' that seems to surround that business want to sponsor a team which is notorious for financial irregularities of this nature... Not paying money on time, withholding wages and other botch-ups make the wonga sponsorship deal a bit like a lifeboat company sponsoring the Titanic