PDA

View Full Version : Team to face Celtic on Sunday (merged)

The Sea-gull
19-07-2011, 09:10 AM
If we don't sign anyone else before then:-

GK: Brown (Stack should be no 1 but not sure if he's fit)

RB: ?
CB: O' Hanlon
CB: Hanlon
LB: Booth

RM: Wotherspoon
CM: Palsson
LM: Thornhill

RW: Sproule
CF: GO'C
LW: Galbraith

Typing this has made me realise how poor a squad we have as things stand as beyond this we don't have much quality. Don't really rate Stephens (though young and may improve), Stevenson, Murray, Hart, De Graff, Scott and don't know much about the young lads.

Granted, at our level we are not going to have a squad of stars and maybe the likes of Stevenson, Murray and Scott might prove to be good squad players over the season.

The fact we are going into the season with only two recognised strikers is a joke but I am sure things are being done behind the scenes to remedy this, especially after Sodje's injury.

We still desparately need a right back (can the young lads play there - Taggart or Smith?), another centre half, at least one midfielder and at least one striker.

Got a feeling we'll have to wait until around transfer deadline day before we see any of these though. Petrie will be thinking this about the fixtures:-

"23rd July - Celtic H - we'll lose that one irrespective of who we sign
30th July - ICT A - more than likely as above
6th August - Sunderland H - friendly so doesn't really matter
14th August - Kilmarnock A - squad we have should be enough to compete here
20th August - St Mirren H - as with Killie game
28th August - Hearts A - keep the score down but signings might actually be made before this as it is so close to D-day

So in doing this the Board will be able to avoid paying wages until September thus making savings, any points in the meantime are a bonus and plenty time to recover."

Maybe De Graff will come good this season.............

we are hibs
19-07-2011, 09:27 AM
--------------------------------------stack---------------------------------------
smith/wotherspoon ----------hanlon-------------o'hanlon----------------------booth

de graaf-----------------------pallson-----------crawford-----------------sproule

---------------------goc-------------------agogo*/sheridan*/handling

*if signs

i would give de graaf 1 more chance to prove himslef if he does not produce then sell him or loan him again

PeterboroHibee
19-07-2011, 09:28 AM
We are fairly limited in the squad that we can put out, but as it appears we wont be getting new signings any time soon, just have to get on with it.

As youve highlighted, there are a number of fixtures before the transfer window shuts, this whole waiting till then is a lot of crap, theres a decent number of points to be won and with a fairly average squad, not sure we are going to be picking up too many. We desperately need a RB and a striker before the Celtic game, but cant see it happening.

J-C
19-07-2011, 09:32 AM
--------------------------------------stack---------------------------------------
smith/wotherspoon ----------hanlon-------------o'hanlon----------------------booth

de graaf-----------------------pallson-----------crawford-----------------sproule

---------------------goc-------------------agogo*/sheridan*/handling

*if signs

i would give de graaf 1 more chance to prove himslef if he does not produce then sell him or loan him again

No Thorhill, the best player pre season so far:confused:

Stack

Wotherspoon
O'Hanlon
Hanlon
Booth

Palsson

De Graff
Thornhill
Stevenson

Sproule
O'Connor

Speedway
19-07-2011, 09:46 AM
CC has gone with a strategy to have a strong first 11 backed by kids.

Therefore:

Stack

Wotherspoon
O'Hanlon
Hanlon
Booth

Sproule
Palsson
Eddie
Murray
Thornhill

GO'C

McKenzie
19-07-2011, 09:47 AM
Could de Graff play at right back?

Bobby's Cinema
19-07-2011, 09:54 AM

Typing this has made me realise how poor a squad we have as things stand as beyond this we don't have much quality. Don't really rate Stephens (though young and may improve), Stevenson, Murray, Hart, De Graff, Scott and don't know much about the young lads.

Granted, at our level we are not going to have a squad of stars and maybe the likes of Stevenson, Murray and Scott might prove to be good squad players over the season.

The fact we are going into the season with only two recognised strikers is a joke but I am sure things are being done behind the scenes to remedy this, especially after Sodje's injury.

We still desparately need a right back (can the young lads play there - Taggart or Smith?), another centre half, at least one midfielder and at least one striker.

Got a feeling we'll have to wait until around transfer deadline day before we see any of these though. Petrie will be thinking this about the fixtures:-

28th August - Hearts A - keep the score down but signings might actually be made before this as it is so close to D-day

So in doing this the Board will be able to avoid paying wages until September thus making savings, any points in the meantime are a bonus and plenty time to recover."

:rolleyes: Take a step back

soproni1
19-07-2011, 10:06 AM
Could de Graff play at right back?

Possibly...... Maybe not the best idea to chuck him in there against Celtic but he might be a better option than most at the moment

I would go with

Stack (if fit)/ Brown

Taggart/de Graaf (im on board with this now)
O'Hanlon
Hanlon
Booth

Spoony
Palsson
Thornhill

Sproule
O'Connor
Galbraith

Speedway
19-07-2011, 10:13 AM
Out of interest, why are people picking Galbraith? I've seen nothing from him thus far.

Danderhall Hibs
19-07-2011, 10:15 AM
Apologies if any of these guys are injured or have been sold in the last couple of weeks - I've not been keeping up-to-date.

Stack
Wotherspoon Hanlon O'Hanlon Booth
Sproule Scott Thornhill Pallson Galbraith
O'Connor

Edit - just read someone say Sodje's injured.

Danderhall Hibs
19-07-2011, 10:17 AM
Out of interest, why are people picking Galbraith? I've seen nothing from him thus far.

Who else is left-sided?

soproni1
19-07-2011, 10:20 AM

I think he has something to offer in that Left Wing position, (which we will no doubt employ due to our lack of forwards) not afraid to take players on, has a bit of pace - hasn't produced it at all consistently but I believe I have seen brief flashes from him which puts him in front of others who might be considered

Bobby's Cinema
19-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Ill be amazed and scared if De Graff is deployed at right back. It will probably have to be Wotherspoon, but Taggart seems to have been given a decent run out through pre-season so it could just as easily be him

ivan03
19-07-2011, 10:51 AM
Big vic will be right back on sunday.

Ed De Gramo
19-07-2011, 11:06 AM
Stack

Palsson
O'Hanlon
Hanlon
Booth

Wotherspoon
Thornhill
Murray
Galbraith

EDG (in AMC role)

GOC

nickwhibs
19-07-2011, 11:08 AM
Stack

Wotherspoon O'Hanlon Hanlon Booth

Palsson

Thornhill Stevenson
Sproule Galbraith
O'Connor

If we sign Sherdian then I'd put him in for Stevenson and play two up.

one day maybe...
19-07-2011, 11:27 AM
.....................Brown..................

Spoony.. O'Hanlon.. Hanlon.. Booth......

Crawford...Thornhill..Pallson....Galbraith..

...................Sproule........................ .....

..................O'connor..........

Opinions Eh :greengrin

SneakersO'Toole
19-07-2011, 11:29 AM
Is anyone else reading these team line ups and thinking this could be a long season?

micksoo
19-07-2011, 11:35 AM
Stack

Wotherspoon
O'Hanlon
Hanlon
Booth

Sproule
Thornhill
Palsson
Stevenson
Galbraith

O'Connor

Franck is God
19-07-2011, 11:36 AM
My team for Sunday would have been this even if Sheridan had signed and Sodje wasn't injured.

Stack or Brown

Taggart---O'Hanlon---Hanlon---Booth

Palsson

Sproule---Wotherspoon---Thornhill---Galbraith

O'Connor

duffers
19-07-2011, 11:40 AM
Is anyone else reading these team line ups and thinking this could be a long season?

:agree:
Celtic will tear our right back position to shreads on Sunday.

For me, my team would be.

Stack
Spoony Hanlon O'Hanlon Booth
De Graff Thornhill Pallson Stevenson
O'connor Galbraith

Sproule to come on early second half.

soproni1
19-07-2011, 11:41 AM

Not me - give it a few weeks and that may change but for now I'm optimistic and looking forward to getting back to ER on Sunday

Andy74
19-07-2011, 11:41 AM
This is a struggle

Stack

Wotherspoon
O'Hanlon
Hanlon
Booth

Palsson
Thornhill

De Graaf

Sproule
Galbraith

O'Connor

danhibees1875
19-07-2011, 11:50 AM
Surprised how often I have seen EDG and how come nobody has went with Sodje? Is he too similar to GO'C to both play upfront against Celtic?

GloryGlory
19-07-2011, 11:51 AM
No matter who starts, the look of our bench will show the threadbare nature of the squad. If Stack is not fit, untried youngster covering for Brown. No cover for RB, Stephens as cover for CB, young lads covering for midfield, no cover for striking positions.

That's assuming we don't get anymore injuries between now and Sunday.

MyJo
19-07-2011, 11:59 AM
______________________Stack

Wotherspoon____O'Hanlon_____Hanlon____Booth

_______________Palsson_____Stevenson

Sproule_____________Thornhill__________Galbraith

_____________________GOC

Subs: Brown, Murray, Stephens, Taggart, De Graaf, Crawford, Horner, Smith

Ell_Chrisso
19-07-2011, 12:41 PM
Know we haven't been doing it in pre-season, but id love for us to maybe change things up a little this year and go with something different.. as i feel in the recent years we have become a hell of an easy team to predict along with the bad quality players we have on the park.

So, my team would go in the 3-5-2 category..

Stack
Stephens O'Hanlon Hanlon
Wotherspoon DeGraff Pallson Thornhill Booth
Sproule O'Connor

Speedway
19-07-2011, 12:43 PM
Surprised how often I have seen EDG and how come nobody has went with Sodje? Is he too similar to GO'C to both play upfront against Celtic?

Small matter of his knee being gefurkled and out for six weeks.

Andy74
19-07-2011, 12:43 PM

I think EDG deserves a chance again and if he can get back into scoring positions hopefully he gets better luck this time and it rolls on from there. If not then best if he goes.

Sodje is injured.

hibs0666
19-07-2011, 12:45 PM
Stack

Palsson
O'Hanlon
Hanlon
Booth

Sproule
Thornhill
EDG
Galbraith

Wotherspoon

O'Connor

Judas Iscariot
19-07-2011, 01:00 PM
StackWotherspoonO'HanlonHanlonBoothSprouleThornhil lPallsonEDGGalbraithGOC

Wotherspiniesta
19-07-2011, 01:15 PM
...................Stack......................

Taggart...O'Hanlon...Hanlon....Booth

......W'Spoon..Palsson..Thornhill......

Sproule..........................Galbraith

.................O'Connor...................

Subs: Brown Stephens Stevenson Murray De Graaf Horner Crawford

Albion Hibs
19-07-2011, 01:33 PM
Stack

Wotherspoon / O'Hanlon / Hanlon / Booth

Murray

Sproule / Thornhill / Stevenson

De Graff

O'Connor

FromTheCapital
19-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Stack

Spoony
O'Hanlon
Hanlon
Booth

Palsson
de Graff
Thornhill

Sproule
Galbraith

O'Connor

2-1 Hibs, O'Connor and Palsson.

yekimevol
19-07-2011, 01:50 PM
My team for Sunday would have been this even if Sheridan had signed and Sodje wasn't injured.

Stack

Palsson

Sproule---Wotherspoon---Thornhill---Galbraith

O'Connor

:top marks
final score 2 -0 hibs garry o and ivan ;)

Hibernia Na Eir
19-07-2011, 01:55 PM
another grim season awaits...

500miles
19-07-2011, 02:00 PM
.......................Stack
W'Spoon....O'Hanlon..Hanlon...Booth
...................Palsson
Sproule.Thornhill.....Stevenson.Galbraith
.................O'Connor

SteveHFC
19-07-2011, 11:31 PM
Brown

Ivan Thornhill Palsson Galbraith

O'Connor Crawford

Subs:Stack, Stephens, Murray, De Graaf, Scott, Horner, New Striker

CapitalHibs
19-07-2011, 11:51 PM
I think we'll get Sheridan or more likely Agogo in before Sunday (hopefully both) so that would give the option of several different formations.

Sir David Gray
19-07-2011, 11:55 PM
Brown

O'Connor Crawford

I don't think you'll be too far away with those selections to be honest. :agree:

HibeeSince85
20-07-2011, 12:10 AM
Stack

Pallson

Sproule Thornhill Murray Galbraith

O'Connor

Subs - Brown, Stephens, Scott, De Graff

I've not seen any of the young lads yet so can't pass comment but picking any team shows how short we are all over the bloody pitch.

I know there's 3 subs missing but without seeing the young boys and having to over use them and having pretty much nobody else to pick aint good.

Viva_Palmeiras
20-07-2011, 06:53 AM
I don't think you'll be too far away with those selections to be honest. :agree: I clearly missed something with Stacky is he Out?

R'Albin
20-07-2011, 08:08 AM
Brown

O'Connor Crawford

This only swap Stacky and Brown:agree:

ManBearPig
20-07-2011, 08:31 AM
Sorry I see a lot of potential in the team especially Thornhill, Booth and Ivan (think we could look dangerous down the left this season.) BUT I seem to be missing something why is everyone suddenly loving De Graaf not a bad thing I was hopeful for him after Maribor game but since then he has been disappointing. Or has he turned on the skill pre-season that Ive missed out on?

Speedway
20-07-2011, 08:37 AM
I think we'll get Sheridan or more likely Agogo in before Sunday (hopefully both) so that would give the option of several different formations.

Agogo is signed pending international clearance (hence no announcement and no game time) Sheridan is out of our hands now. If CSKA say yes to our offer, we're in business. The failure to agree personal terms bit is media invented horsefeathers.

Hamish
20-07-2011, 08:46 AM
Agogo is signed pending international clearance (hence no announcement and no game time) Sheridan is out of our hands now. If CSKA say yes to our offer, we're in business. The failure to agree personal terms bit is media invented horsefeathers.

Take it we will try to get a bounce game today or tomorrow to at least give him some match practice?

we are hibs
20-07-2011, 08:50 AM
Take it we will try to get a bounce game today or tomorrow to at least give him some match practice?

he must have already played a bounce game to know if we should sign him i also heard were in talks with a unknown right back

Speedway
20-07-2011, 08:56 AM

:agree:

he must have already played a bounce game to know if we should sign him i also heard were in talks with a unknown right back

That's unknown.

Wilson
20-07-2011, 08:58 AM

Well we haven't had much luck with known ones so pefrhaps unknown is the way to go :wink:

mr mojo risin
20-07-2011, 09:20 AM
GK. Stack (if not fit then Brown)
RB. Wotherspoon/ Taggart (not seen him play)
LB. Booth
CB. Hanlon
CB. O'Hanlon
CM. Murray
CM. Palsson
CM. Thornhill
RM. Sproule
LM. Galbraith
CF. O'Connor

Speedway
20-07-2011, 10:12 AM
Stack

Nieto
O'Hanlon
Hanlon
Booth

Sproule
Palsson
EDG
Murray
Thornhill

GO'C

Subs:

Brown, Stephens, Stevenson, Scott, Agogo, Crawford, Wotherspoon

Tricla
20-07-2011, 10:35 AM

:confused:

matty_f
20-07-2011, 11:28 AM
Apologies if any of these guys are injured or have been sold in the last couple of weeks - I've not been keeping up-to-date.
StackWotherspoon Hanlon O'Hanlon BoothSproule Scott Thornhill Pallson GalbraithO'ConnorEdit - just read someone say Sodje's injured.I actually like the look of that team. :aok:

Hamish
20-07-2011, 11:34 AM
Stack

Nieto
O'Hanlon
Hanlon
Booth

Sproule
Palsson
EDG
Murray
Thornhill

GO'C

Subs:

Brown, Stephens, Stevenson, Scott, Agogo, Crawford, Wotherspoon

Nearly an hour and a half and nobody's bitten yet.

Franck is God
20-07-2011, 11:38 AM
After being at the game last night and seeing a few of the younger players for the first time I wouldn't change too much in my line up but Crawford jumps in ahead of Galbraith for me.

Also anyone who picks Ian Murray to even be in the first team squad is simply having a laugh or they haven't seen him play recently, as far as I'm concerned his next and last game he plays in a Hibs jersey should be his testimonial, I have nothing against him at all and wish him well for his future but I can't think of a single player in our current squad that I would pick him ahead of.

Brown or Stack

Palsson

Sproule---Wotherspoon---Thornhill---Crawford

O'Connor

Subs

Brown or Stack
Stephens
Scott Smith
DeGraaf
Stevenson
Galbraith
Agogo (hopefully)

flash
20-07-2011, 11:43 AM

Wonder why?

J-C
20-07-2011, 02:06 PM

Young Spanish guy seemingly here on trial, possible loan signing, not bitten cause as yet no word from HFC.

JACK_HFC
20-07-2011, 03:23 PM

STACK

WOTHERSPOON ... O'HANLON ... HANLON ... BOOTH

DE GRAAF ... PALSSON ... THORNHILL ... GALBRAITH

O'CONNOR ... SPROULE

HIBS 2 - 0 CELTIC

:flag:

Hamish
20-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Young Spanish guy seemingly here on trial, possible loan signing, not bitten cause as yet no word from HFC.

Good man. Sensible post. No future here.:greengrin

Bobby's Cinema
20-07-2011, 07:07 PM
After being at the game last night and seeing a few of the younger players for the first time I wouldn't change too much in my line up but Crawford jumps in ahead of Galbraith for me.

Also anyone who picks Ian Murray to even be in the first team squad is simply having a laugh or they haven't seen him play recently, as far as I'm concerned his next and last game he plays in a Hibs jersey should be his testimonial, I have nothing against him at all and wish him well for his future but I can't think of a single player in our current squad that I would pick him ahead of.

Brown or Stack

Palsson

O'Connor

Subs

Brown or Stack
Stephens
Scott Smith
DeGraaf
Stevenson
Galbraith
Agogo (hopefully)
:agree::agree: Only thing i would change is I would have to have Wotherspoon at right back, having seen Taggart at East Fife he looked to me a bit exposed, could be too much for him on Sunday IMO

Gordon Quinn
20-07-2011, 07:27 PM
Brown

Wotherspoon..O'Hanlon..Hanlon.. Booth

Sproule......Palsson..Thornhill.....Scott

GOC...Agogo

Stevenson1875
20-07-2011, 09:22 PM

Maybe De Graff will come good this season............. Stack (If Fit)
RB- Spoony
CB-O'Hanlon
CB- Hanlon
LB- Booth ?

RCM- Thornhill
CM- Palsson
LCM- Murray ????

RW- Sproule
ST- O'Connor
LW- Galbraith

:hibees:hibees:hibees:hibees:cgwa:cgwa:cgwa

Franck Stanton
20-07-2011, 11:21 PM
______________________Stack

Wotherspoon____O'Hanlon_____Hanlon____Booth

_______________Palsson_____Stevenson

Sproule_____________Thornhill__________Galbraith

_____________________GOC

Subs: Brown, Murray, Stephens, Taggart, De Graaf, Crawford, Horner, Smith

That's about the best selection we could play given our current players. Read CC is hoping to have Junior Agogo signed in time for this game, cant pass any judgement as he is totally u/k, however would have him on bench in place of Stephens as if we need c/b then Murray able deputy.

Phil MaGlass
21-07-2011, 10:42 AM
Sheridan on the bench...

Andy74
21-07-2011, 11:05 AM

Brown or Stack

Palsson

O'Connor

Subs

Brown or Stack
Stephens
Scott Smith
DeGraaf
Stevenson
Galbraith
Agogo (hopefully)

Are you sure you were at the game? :greengrin

Franck is God
21-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Are you sure you were at the game? :greengrin

Re Taggart - you only learn from playing, he struggled with the conditions in the first half but then he made an excellent block on the edge of the 18 yard box after about 30 mins and from then on I thought he played well.

He particularly improved once O'Hanlon & Hanlon came on and we played much higher up the pitch and his link play with Sproule was very good, once he went off and Palsson move to RB out attacking options down the right almost disappeared.

At The Edge
21-07-2011, 11:37 AM
Sheridan on the bench...

maybe in Princess st gardens, not going to be at ER this week anyway :wink:

Diclonius
21-07-2011, 07:46 PM
Stack

Taggart O'Hanlon Hanlon Booth

Palsson

Sproule de Graaf Thornhill Galbraith

O'Connor

PISTOL1875
21-07-2011, 10:34 PM
--------------------------Stack---------------

Murray--------O'Hanlon---------Hanlon--------Booth

---------Palsson----------De Graff-----

-----------------Thornhill-------------------

Sproule-------------GOC--------------Galbriath

hfc rd
21-07-2011, 11:53 PM
Graham Stack

NEW RB (If a new RB is not signed then David Stephens at RB)
Sean O'Hanlon
Paul Hanlon
Callum Booth

Victor Palsson
Ian Murray

Ivan Sproule
Edwin De Graaf (Has had a no-bad pre-season and hopefully this is the EDG that we were all hoping would be)
Matt Thornhill

Garry O'Connor

subs:
Mark Brown
David Stephens (if a new RB is not signed in time, then David Stephens to start at RB with Michael Hart taking his place on the bench)
Lewis Stevenson
Martin Scott
David Wotherspoon
Danny Gailbraith
Junior Agogo ( if not signed in time, then David Crawford will take his place on the bench.

HibbyDave
22-07-2011, 11:55 AM
Balance sheet

Profit & Loss Account Cashflow forecast Turnover Chequebook

Audited accounts Training Centre New Stadium Interim accounts

Season Ticket Sales Player Sales

Feel free to subs etc.

GGTTH

Aldo
22-07-2011, 03:02 PM

where do I start..... here goes

Stack(if fit, fingers crossed)
Spoony Hanlon O Hanlon Booth
Pallsson
sproule Thornhill Stevenson
EDG
GOC

If not Stevenson then Galbraith

God I dont know.

Hoing with a wee bit of pace (Sproule/galbraith) we may get in behind them but heay...who nows.

HibbyKeith
22-07-2011, 03:41 PM
Stack

wotherspoon O'Hanlon Hanlon Booth

Murray
Sproule Thornhill Palsson Crawford

O'Connor

Really need to play 5 in midfield, celtic will dominate the game so we really need to be in their face from the start, if we allow them the same sort of space given to falkirk on tuesday the game will be finished at half time.