PDA

View Full Version : increase season ticket sales ?

Hibs7
18-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Does anyone think signing Sheridan on a decent deal would increase season ticket sales enough to cover his costs ?

R'Albin
18-07-2011, 06:33 PM
Does anyone think signing Sheridan on a decent deal would increase season ticket sales enough to cover his costs ?

Probably not, but I think he has a decent sell on value and we should take that into account (I'm sure Rod has:wink:)

Mikey
18-07-2011, 06:33 PM
No. Another excuse for not buying will be trotted out.

Removed
18-07-2011, 06:34 PM
No and if I hadn't renewed I suspect that signing him wouldn't make me change my mind.

Bob Box Fish
18-07-2011, 06:34 PM
7000 sold by the last week in June. Anyone know how many now?

R'Albin
18-07-2011, 06:35 PM
7000 sold by the last week in June. Anyone know how many now?

How many werev sold last year?

Removed
18-07-2011, 06:36 PM
7000 sold by the last week in June. Anyone know how many now? How do you know that?

silverhibee
18-07-2011, 06:41 PM

He has failed to agree a deal with Hibs so it seems pointless now.

Next A. Trialist please.

smurf
18-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Somebody asked me recently to name one game at Easter Road last season that would have been 90 minutes to sell a potential season ticket purchaser to...

Must admit i struggled. The guy that asked me said "Scotland v Iceland under 21's...".

Says it all. Though that was a cracking game.

In the current economic environment people can easily justify not buying a season ticket. The club needed to give compelling reason to tempt many to do so and have thus far failed to do so.

If it is 7000 that they've sold then they are doing better than i would have predicted. Shows tremendous loyalty from them IMHO.

Northfield Hibby
18-07-2011, 07:12 PM

Excuses!!!! So the club is doing its utmost off the park to entice fans to buy ST's then?

Sammy7nil
18-07-2011, 07:16 PM
Not a Hope in Hell.

As much as Cillian has a cap he is an ex-Celtic reserve with potential nothing more.

Removed
18-07-2011, 07:17 PM
If only we could sign Bob Malcolm.......

marinello59
18-07-2011, 07:19 PM
Somebody asked me recently to name one game at Easter Road last season that would have been 90 minutes to sell a potential season ticket purchaser to...

Must admit i struggled. The guy that asked me said "Scotland v Iceland under 21's...".

In the current economic environment people can easily justify not buying a season ticket. The club needed to give compelling reason to tempt many to do so and have thus far failed to do so.

If it is 7000 that they've sold then they are doing better than i would have predicted. Shows tremendous loyalty from them IMHO.

And yet you have renewed and convinced others to do so. :greengrin
It is easy to list reasons why people shouldn't renew but thousands of us do take the plunge. Perhaps the club should extend the current initiative to recruit lapsed members even further.

R'Albin
18-07-2011, 07:21 PM

Although it was pretty heartbreaking, I thought the 2-2 derby was a really good game:agree:

smurf
18-07-2011, 07:37 PM
And yet you have renewed and convinced others to do so. :greengrin
It is easy to list reasons why people shouldn't renew but thousands of us do take the plunge. Perhaps the club should extend the current initiative to recruit lapsed members even further.

Absolutely. As have another 7000 others are reporting. I love our club. Desparate to see it doing well. IMHO we underachieve and it frustrates the hell out of me to see us 10th in the SPL and embarassed by Ayr Utd. I wanted to see a club reaction to that this close season. Have we?

Good suggestion also on the lapsed members.:agree:

Bob Box Fish
18-07-2011, 07:50 PM
How do you know that?

My dad asked a guy when he was down at ER during the last week in June and he said that 7K were sold. Also said we had sold over 9k previous year.

sahib
19-07-2011, 12:56 PM
My dad asked a guy when he was down at ER during the last week in June and he said that 7K were sold. Also said we had sold over 9k previous year.

How many are reduced price concessions I wonder?

new malkyhib
19-07-2011, 01:06 PM

Or if we'd made three headline signings in June do you think that might have bolstered ST sales?

Or do you think the current "vision" of having numerous trialists and opening the season with one recognised forward will have the lapsed buying into that vision?

Ray_
19-07-2011, 01:25 PM

You don't need to give an excuse as to why you won't buy a season ticket, although with the heavy fall in sales, it would suggest that many people do not consider the product on offer good enough, not exactly rocket science, is it?

Stevie Reid
19-07-2011, 01:30 PM
It's funny how things work out. I would have reckoned that at the start of the summer, if presented with the theoretical option of getting Garry O'Connor or Cillian Sheridan, most folk would have gone for O'Connor as the signing to get more STs sold(though the idea of his signing may have seemed more unrealistic than possibly signing Sheridan). I would very much like to sign Sheridan but I feel his reported 14k a week wage has convinced many that he is a better player than he actually has shown so far. Does he look promising? Yes. Does he have potential? Yes, but worth remembering that Cillian Sheridan is 22 and has scored 16 goals in his career thus far (from 75 appearances). Not worth breaking the bank for IMO.

I honestly believed that if Sheridan was stated as a transfer target at the start of the summer there would be much more debate about whether we should be chasing him, and his perrformances at Celtic, Motherwell, St. Johnstone and CSKA, as well as his scoring records, would be placed under much greater scrutiny - the level ambition in this attempted transfer has stemmed from his earnings, not his ability, I believe.

Junior Agogo has scored 124 goals in 365 appearances in his career, including 12 in 27 at international level - I think he would be a cracking signing but some on here have dismissed him. All about perception I suppose.

Thecat23
19-07-2011, 01:46 PM
I renewed my season ticket along with my dad but i fully understand why fans are fed up. I only renewed because i could afford it. Times are hard just now and Hibs or the rest of the SPL aren't offering a great product just now.

We seem to penny pinch at everything we do now, it's getting beyond a joke if you ask me. All this talk about at least we are in the black and we don't want to over spend etc.. know one is saying go mad we just want to compete at least for Europe and in this league that won't take much at all. That's why i think the board must spend more than they are. The whole purpose of Hibernian F.C is football!!! Not a business so give us something to watch and alot of fans will come back. We are going into this season very bare. I wouldn't put that down to CC maybe going or not. I put it down to our crap wages and tight fisted board who would rather we wait and pick up the scraps of what's left. Yes we got 3 players in whoopy dooo!! we needed more to cover injuries and suspensions. So before i get the usual (stop having a dig at the board) lets see where we are come Jan, if i'm wrong i'll come on here and fully say so but if we're in another dog fight will all those moaning at the ones like myself come on and start blaming the manager and board etc?? after backing them now? things need sorted now right through Hibs and if it's not we will be less than avarage for a few years maybe longer.

Stevie Reid
19-07-2011, 01:55 PM
I renewed my season ticket along with my dad but i fully understand why fans are fed up. I only renewed because i could afford it. Times are hard just now and Hibs or the rest of the SPL aren't offering a great product just now.

We seem to penny pinch at everything we do now, it's getting beyond a joke if you ask me. All this talk about at least we are in the black and we don't want to over spend etc.. know one is saying go mad we just want to compete at least for Europe and in this league that won't take much at all. That's why i think the board must spend more than they are. The whole purpose of Hibernian F.C is football!!! Not a business so give us something to watch and alot of fans will come back. We are going into this season very bare. I wouldn't put that down to CC maybe going or not. I put it down to our crap wages and tight fisted board who would rather we wait and pick up the scraps of what's left. Yes we got 3 players in whoopy dooo!! we needed more to cover injuries and suspensions. So before i get the usual (stop having a dig at the board) lets see where we are come Jan, if i'm wrong i'll come on here and fully say so but if we're in another dog fight will all those moaning at the ones like myself come on and start blaming the manager and board etc?? after backing them now? things need sorted now right through Hibs and if it's not we will be less than avarage for a few years maybe longer.

The last dog fight we were in was in 1998 (and even then we started fighting too late) - since then we've finished in the top 6 in eight of the twelve seasons (though to be fair 6th in 1999-2000 was the bottom half of the table, but it was consolidation). We looked destined for relegation in January, but by the end of February we were safe. No dogfight at all.

I have renewed, but I can completely understand why people are reluctant to after the football that has been on display for most of the last 3 seasons. But the histrionics on here about how bad things have been over the last few years is way over the top.

Thecat23
19-07-2011, 02:05 PM
The last dog fight we were in was in 1998 (and even then we started fighting too late) - since then we've finished in the top 6 in eight of the twelve seasons (though to be fair 6th in 1999-2000 was the bottom half of the table, but it was consolidation). We looked destined for relegation in January, but by the end of February we were safe. No dogfight at all.

I have renewed, but I can completely understand why people are reluctant to after the football that has been on display for most of the last 3 seasons. But the histrionics on here about how bad things have been over the last few years is way over the top.

Sorry i should have said a dog fight like last season. The fans are now just getting fed up of below avarage football.

Stevie Reid
19-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Sorry i should have said a dog fight like last season. The fans are now just getting fed up of below avarage football.

I can totally understand that, I am too. I just know that the only way that I can help it to improve is for me to keep paying for my STs - but I understand why people don't want to.

FWIW I wouldn't class last season as a dogfight. If we'd shown any kind of fight after March we may have taken more than 1 point out of our the last 18 available.

Thecat23
19-07-2011, 02:16 PM
I can totally understand that, I am too. I just know that the only way that I can help it to improve is for me to keep paying for my STs - but I understand why people don't want to.

FWIW I wouldn't class last season as a dogfight. If we'd shown any kind of fight after March we may have taken more than 1 point out of our the last 18 available.

Thats why i renewed as well in hope money will be spent on the team.

fair do's, i can see what you mean. I still think it was until late on. Then it looked like we couldn't care once we were safe which was a joke.

Geo_1875
19-07-2011, 02:22 PM

I've been watching Hibs since the early 60s and I can assure you I am not "just getting fed up of below average football". It's been a long-term condition withe occasional bright spot. I have renewed my ST again and can understand why people won't . What I can't understand is their constant need to tell everyone thney haven't and list the reasons why.

Cropley10
19-07-2011, 02:27 PM

I renewed my two STs knowing that every penny I spent would be invested in the team. Have to say I'm surprised by the lack of real transfer activity to date based on the 1 point from 18 end to last season.

People need a reason to buy or renew an ST, IMHO.

Thecat23
19-07-2011, 02:27 PM
I've been watching Hibs since the early 60s and I can assure you I am not "just getting fed up of below average football". It's been a long-term condition withe occasional bright spot. I have renewed my ST again and can understand why people won't . What I can't understand is their constant need to tell everyone thney haven't and list the reasons why.

Long term sufferer then :wink:

if i didn't renew i'd have came on and prob just said because i don't have faith in the board or manager. Everyone has there feelings and i can't blame them for shouting them on here.

Stevie Reid
19-07-2011, 02:31 PM
I renewed my two STs knowing that every penny I spent would be invested in the team. Have to say I'm surprised by the lack of real transfer activity to date based on the 1 point from 18 end to last season.

People need a reason to buy or renew an ST, IMHO.

I can understand why many people are reluctant to go back and need an incentive.

I'm not especially concerned, I'm happy with who we have signed thus far, and I believe that we will sign more. I've never know Hibs not to sign enough players, it's a lack of quality in those who were signed that's hurt us in the past.

lucky
19-07-2011, 05:05 PM
Bought the season ticket. Hotel booked for inverness away.£635 and not seen a ball kicked. Also petrol money spent on 40 mile round trip on Saturday. Why cos its Hibs. Time fans to put up or shut up

Sammy7nil
19-07-2011, 07:01 PM
Bought the season ticket. Hotel booked for inverness away.£635 and not seen a ball kicked. Also petrol money spent on 40 mile round trip on Saturday. Why cos its Hibs. Time fans to put up or shut up

Dear oh Dear :confused:

lucky
19-07-2011, 08:15 PM
Dear oh Dear :confused:

why?

blackpoolhibs
19-07-2011, 10:07 PM

What about those who have put up?

MrSmith
19-07-2011, 10:46 PM
why?

"Time to put up or shut up!"

Well, I for one, wont put up with the p!sh on offer right now! Was considering buying a ST's for me and the boys however, what for? To constantly watch p!sh and support a board who aren't the least bit ambitious nor interested in football!

So sorry, for me, Saturdays just became a lot more entertaining and ... my eldest is pretty good with Hibs on FIFA 10! In a ten game stint he won 10 lost 0 drew 0! Stick that in yer pipe and smoke it!

greenlex
20-07-2011, 06:31 AM
"Time to put up or shut up!"Well, I for one, wont put up with the p!sh on offer right now! Was considering buying a ST's for me and the boys however, what for? To constantly watch p!sh and support a board who aren't the least bit ambitious nor interested in football!So sorry, for me, Saturdays just became a lot more entertaining and ... my eldest is pretty good with Hibs on FIFA 10! In a ten game stint he won 10 lost 0 drew 0! Stick that in yer pipe and smoke it! So is that you shut up then?

greenlex
20-07-2011, 06:32 AM
What about those who have put up? Youve paid your money so you can say or shout what you want. Thats how it goes isnt it?

Mikey
20-07-2011, 07:25 AM

Well, I for one, wont put up with the p!sh on offer right now! Was considering buying a ST's for me and the boys however, what for? To constantly watch p!sh and support a board who aren't the least bit ambitious nor interested in football!

So sorry, for me, Saturdays just became a lot more entertaining and ... my eldest is pretty good with Hibs on FIFA 10! In a ten game stint he won 10 lost 0 drew 0! Stick that in yer pipe and smoke it!

It's difficult for the board to be ambitious when supporters withhold their money.

They won't spend money the club doesn't have.

R'Albin
20-07-2011, 08:15 AM

I'm sure you'll come crawling back when we start to do well again:rolleyes:

smurf
20-07-2011, 08:19 AM
It's difficult for the board to be ambitious when supporters withhold their money.

Some supporters withhold their money.

The vast majority of supporters who have ever bought season tickets have bought again.

down the slope
20-07-2011, 08:38 AM

Difficult for the board to be ambitious !!!!, what a crock o merde , so now it's the fans fault that the board pick wrong managers year after year eh ?. The board have done well in getting the ground the way it is but building stands does not stop you making good footballing decisions which they most obviously are lousy at, one does not preclude the other . The fans have little or no say in what goes on at ER and are fed a load of spin by the board when they feel we are getting a bit restless , this has resulted in the fans voting the only way they can and that is by using their feet !.

soupy
20-07-2011, 08:49 AM
It's difficult for the board to be ambitious when supporters withhold their money.They won't spend money the club doesn't have. Have you ever thought about the fact many many fans don't have the money to renew,

J-C
20-07-2011, 08:55 AM
It's very hard to get excited about the new season considering the chaos happening behind the scenes, hence the reason season tickets haven't been snapped up and now we have a deficit, new faces earlier and less speculation would've put bums on seats.

MrSmith
20-07-2011, 09:49 AM
I'm sure you'll come crawling back when we start to do well again:rolleyes:

What a nonsense statement to make!! Look at yourself first before coming out with that crap! Maybe you are one of the happyclapper uberfan board lover?? I'm not so don't talk to me about crawling up backsides!

Greenlex, nah! I've put up with some real p!sh in my time supporting Hibs! However, not afraid to speak my mind and give folk an indication as to why I'm not prepared to spend my hard earned cash! And, considering I have paid into Hibs for 41 years I think I've earned that right!

Mikey, open your eyes mate!

blackpoolhibs
20-07-2011, 09:54 AM
Youve paid your money so you can say or shout what you want. Thats how it goes isnt it?

Who said that? As i have said before, if everyone supported the club and players on match days as much as i do, we'd have the best atmosphere in Scotland. It does not stop me saying what i feel on here though, as long as i stay within the boundarys stated.

Northfield Hibby
20-07-2011, 10:16 AM
What a nonsense statement to make!! Look at yourself first before coming out with that crap! Maybe you are one of the happyclapper uberfan board lover?? I'm not so don't talk to me about crawling up backsides!

Greenlex, nah! I've put up with some real p!sh in my time supporting Hibs! However, not afraid to speak my mind and give folk an indication as to why I'm not prepared to spend my hard earned cash! And, considering I have paid into Hibs for 41 years I think I've earned that right!

Mikey, open your eyes mate!

Well said mate! :agree:

silverhibee
20-07-2011, 10:22 AM

Just asking but what did Hibs do with the money that was made fr om the sale of Stokes and Bamba was any of it invested back into the team. :aok:

flash
20-07-2011, 10:33 AM
As previously stated by another poster its not that punters dont renew- can understand that given the current situation.

its the glee with which they put the boot in that does them little good.

personally if i didnt attend through choice i would stop posting here but thats just me.

lucky
20-07-2011, 04:02 PM
We all want Hibs to be successful. The manager, players and board are no different. But why is it as fans we demand that the board invest, yet we as fans are not willing to buy ST? I know there are financial constraints on a lot people. But what about about the one who can afford but choose not to then criticise the board.

Ray_
20-07-2011, 04:20 PM
We all want Hibs to be successful. The manager, players and board are no different. But why is it as fans we demand that the board invest, yet we as fans are not willing to buy ST? I know there are financial constraints on a lot people. But what about about the one who can afford but choose not to then criticise the board.

People have spent years investing in Hibs, only to be left disappointed time & time again, I speak from experience. Everywhere else, it is up to the business to provide the product that customers want, why should Hibs be so different?

Cropley10
20-07-2011, 05:36 PM

It's difficult for some supporters to make that financial commitment when it could quite easily be argued that they see little or no ambition at all from the Board. Asking people to stump up even more so they can - perhaps - be a little bit ambitious is an interesting take on things, that's for sure.

MrSmith
20-07-2011, 08:09 PM
It's difficult for some supporters to make that financial commitment when it could quite easily be argued that they see little or no ambition at all from the Board. Asking people to stump up even more so they can - perhaps - be a little bit ambitious is an interesting take on things, that's for sure.

Very interesting and one I have pondered a fair bit lately.

It is interesting to read that the board take all the credit for the completed infrastructure when in reality it was paid for by player sales, wage caps and us while no one has invested in Hibs recently. The finance was there so all the board had to do was organize and arrange these funds appropriately. Now, I know many community development officers who do this on a daily basis receiving a salary of about £35k for their efforts and, also, the assistant principal in my work place has delivered two major building projects (two brand new state-of-the-art college buildings) on-time and in budget while receiving a salary of around £80k. So, the word on here is that our very own Mr Petrie is on £500k per year?? For what? And who else on the board has a take home of more than the aforementioned assistant principal? And for what?

It would seem to me that getting the board their earnings is more important than a fit-for-purpose product being put out on field!

A lot of fans (I am one) are at a crossroads with Hibs due to the product on offer, no ambition shown by the board and, of course, the financial climate we exist in. However, some think it is a chicken and egg situation - which came first? So, do the fans stump up for a better 'product' now or risk waiting to see what the board do or do the board invest now and hope the fans return? Tough call but no business can expect any customer to pay for a sub standard product which is definitely not fit for purpose! I will say this though, I do not want hibs paying ridiculous transfer fees nor wages or going into unsustainable debt. A plan should have been developed in January for the season 11/12 and executed quickly enabling the team to gel during preseason. But what do we have instead? No need to say anything!

Root and branch clear out of the management structure is required.

marinello59
20-07-2011, 08:17 PM
Very interesting and one I have pondered a fair bit lately.

It is interesting to read that the board take all the credit for the completed infrastructure when in reality it was paid for by player sales, wage caps while no one has invested in Hibs recently. The finance was there so all the board had to do was organize and arrange these funds appropriately. Now, I know many community development officers who do this on a daily basis receiving a salary of about £35k for their efforts and, also, the assistant principal in my work place has delivered two major building projects (two brand new state-of-the-art college buildings) on-time and in budget while receiving a salary of around £80k. So, the word on here is that our very own Mr Petrie is on £500k per year?? For what? And who else on the board has a take home of more than the aforementioned assistant principal? And for what?

It would seem to me that getting the board their earnings is more important than a fit-for-purpose product being put out on field!

A lot of fans (I am one) are at a crossroads with Hibs due to the product on offer, no ambition shown by the board and, of course, the financial climate we exist in. However, some think it is a chicken and egg situation - which came first? So, do the fans stump up for a better 'product' now or risk waiting to see what the board do or do the board invest now and hope the fans return? Tough call but no business can expect any customer to pay for a sub standard product which is definitely not fit for purpose! I will say this though, I do not want hibs paying ridiculous transfer fees nor wages or going into unsustainable debt. A plan should have been developed in January for the season 11/12 and executed quickly enabling the team to gel during preseason. But what do we have instead? No need to say anything!

Root and branch clear out of the management structure is required.

Is that right?:confused:

Mikey
20-07-2011, 08:19 PM

It's astonishing, isn't it.

blackpoolhibs
20-07-2011, 08:21 PM
I thought it was nearer the £1m a year plus car and pension perks? :confused: :wink:

marinello59
20-07-2011, 08:22 PM
I thought it was nearer the £1m a year plus car and pension perks? :confused: :wink:
:hilarious

Barney McGrew
20-07-2011, 08:25 PM
So, the word on here is that our very own Mr Petrie is on £500k per year?? For what? And who else on the board has a take home of more than the aforementioned assistant principal? And for what?

Jeezo. :rolleyes:

Still, it's another example that if you say something enough times it somehow becomes fact.

blackpoolhibs
20-07-2011, 08:26 PM
Does Rod still use the company helicopter as if its his own?

Saorsa
20-07-2011, 08:30 PM
So, the word on here is that our very own Mr Petrie is on £500k per year?? Not so sure that is the case but whatever it is it's too much for how we are performing IMO.

Perhaps the boards salaries should be more like the players, low basic and the rest made up from bonuses depending on the business results.

WhileTheChief..
20-07-2011, 08:31 PM
If every Hibs fan that complained about the club bought a season ticket we would have to fill in the corners ;)

sixtwo
20-07-2011, 08:31 PM
What is with this put up or shut up nonesense? Do you have to be a season ticket holder to have an opinion? Perhaps we should get rid of user names and just put your seat number?

I have a lot of respect for the board. I am grateful for the way they have run things in recent years. It has been difficult at times but when you look at the health of the club, it has arguably been worth it.

I also have respect for fans that have had enough and made their feelings clear by not renewing. I have done the same this year. This is due to a couple of reasons, family and work commitments are a factor, but, if i am being totally honest, I do not think they deserve my money in one lump sum.

This pre season has been a total disaster. Calderwood is to blame.

MrSmith
20-07-2011, 08:33 PM

Never said it was but should be easy enough to find out! Who here gets the annual accounts? All information relating to directors pay should be there.

Mikey, more astonishing you can't see it!

BarneyMcGrew
Still, it's another example that if you say something enough times it somehow becomes fact

See above!

Barney McGrew
20-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Never said it was but should be easy enough to find out! Who here gets the annual accounts? All information relating to directors pay should be there

Someone should really have thought about posting the accounts up so everyone could see them or even have discussed it before now :agree:

MrSmith
20-07-2011, 08:38 PM
Someone should really have thought about posting the accounts up so everyone could see them or even have discussed it before now :agree:

Maybe someone is right!?

Barney McGrew
20-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Maybe someone is right!?

Rod Petrie was paid £75k basic pay for the last financial year, £50k less than the previous year.

MrSmith
20-07-2011, 08:47 PM
Rod Petrie was paid £75k basic pay for the last financial year, £50k less than the previous year.

Not disputing your figures, but can you prove this?

Barney McGrew
20-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Not disputing your figures, but can you prove this?

Yes

MrSmith
20-07-2011, 09:28 PM
Yes

OK!

Stevie Reid
21-07-2011, 04:08 PM
It's funny how things work out. I would have reckoned that at the start of the summer, if presented with the theoretical option of getting Garry O'Connor or Cillian Sheridan, most folk would have gone for O'Connor as the signing to get more STs sold(though the idea of his signing may have seemed more unrealistic than possibly signing Sheridan). I would very much like to sign Sheridan but I feel his reported 14k a week wage has convinced many that he is a better player than he actually has shown so far. Does he look promising? Yes. Does he have potential? Yes, but worth remembering that Cillian Sheridan is 22 and has scored 16 goals in his career thus far (from 75 appearances). Not worth breaking the bank for IMO.

I honestly believed that if Sheridan was stated as a transfer target at the start of the summer there would be much more debate about whether we should be chasing him, and his perrformances at Celtic, Motherwell, St. Johnstone and CSKA, as well as his scoring records, would be placed under much greater scrutiny - the level ambition in this attempted transfer has stemmed from his earnings, not his ability, I believe.

Junior Agogo has scored 124 goals in 365 appearances in his career, including 12 in 27 at international level - I think he would be a cracking signing but some on here have dismissed him. All about perception I suppose.

I made this point 2 days ago, so certainly not a knee jerk reaction to what has happened. Funny how GOC went from a completely unrealistic signing target, to an exciting signing, to an overweight and unfit waste of space in the matter of a few weeks, and Sheridan has gone from a potentially good signing to this place going into meltdown at missing out on him in the space of a few days.

Spike Mandela
21-07-2011, 04:36 PM

Agogo has scored 30 goals in the last 5 years. Most prior to that at lower level football. let's not get carried away about what we'd be getting if we signed this guy.

Stevie Reid
21-07-2011, 05:11 PM
Agogo has scored 30 goals in the last 5 years. Most prior to that at lower level football. let's not get carried away about what we'd be getting if we signed this guy.

Fair point.

Still don't think Sheridan is worthy of the OTT reponse we've had today though.

Andy Bee
21-07-2011, 05:16 PM

Just for the record RP was paid £106k including pension, benefits and a £5k bonus.

Spike Mandela
21-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Just for the record RP was paid £106k including pension, benefits and a £5k bonus.

Did he not dilute his duties recently and hand some of them to Lindsay? Did RP get paid for his duties with the SPL/SFA?

Saorsa
21-07-2011, 05:32 PM
Does anyone think signing Sheridan on a decent deal would increase season ticket sales enough to cover his costs ?Well we'll no need tae worry about that now.