PDA

View Full Version : Why have you turned your back on your club?

hibs0666
18-07-2011, 10:22 AM
It's looking like less than 10,000 Hibs supporters will bother to pitch up for the first game of the season, compared to 13,500 for the equivalent game against the huns last season.

If you are one of the lost 3,500 what is the single biggest reason that you turned your back on your club?

Houchy
18-07-2011, 10:25 AM
It's looking like less than 10,000 Hibs supporters will bother to pitch up for the first game of the season, compared to 13,500 for the equivalent game against the huns last season.

If you are one of the lost 3,500 what is the single biggest reason that you turned your back on your club?

Edit:

Actually, why do I need to explain myself to you, uberfan :bye:

easty
18-07-2011, 10:26 AM
I'm in Egypt.

Houchy
18-07-2011, 10:27 AM
I'm in Egypt.

I was there last week, where about?

Lucius Apuleius
18-07-2011, 10:28 AM
I'm in Nigeria.

MrSmith
18-07-2011, 10:29 AM
Simply had enough!

Watching a heartless team, manager speculation, player sales and the bland negative approach to creating excitement about the club by our board!

Even in the worst days with Alex Miller, we had something to shout about and players who gave their all for the club.

hibs0666
18-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Edit:

I'm not an uberfan, I'm just interested in why people have given up supporting the team.

Houchy
I'm in Nigeria.

What kind off poor excuse is that??? :greengrin

R'Albin

I'll be one of the ten thousand anyway, and I am looking forward to it:cgwa

R'Albin
18-07-2011, 10:32 AM
Edit:

He's not claiming to be an "uberfan" he's simply asking a question, as to why people have decided not to go. Which IMO is reasonable enough.

7Hero
18-07-2011, 10:35 AM
got to be the lack of ambition shown by the board in appointing managers and also investment in players.

combine with the complete lack of respect for your supporters over the years continually treating them like mugs.

Have renewed season ticket though, i support the team not the board..

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-07-2011, 10:36 AM
I went week in week out for over 20 years, pick and choose games now, to be honest Soccer Saturday provides me with much more entertainment. I'm actually looking forward to The Hammers season more, new grounds, pubs etc to visit.

jonty
18-07-2011, 10:36 AM
less disposable income and a new mouth to feed shortly means i have to prioritise.
I'll manage a few matches through the year, but not a season ticket.

"Turning your back on your club" is a bit OTT

Kaiser1962
18-07-2011, 10:38 AM
got to be the lack of ambition shown by the board in appointing managers and also investment in players.

combine with the complete lack of respect for your supporters over the years continually treating them like mugs.

Have renewed season ticket though, i support the team not the board..

:hmmm:

scott7_0(Prague)
18-07-2011, 10:39 AM
too expensive!:agree:

Liams
18-07-2011, 10:42 AM
This is a topic that has been on my mind since the end of last season, I'm sorry but I'm sick of these glory hunting hibs fans (by glory I mean when we go on a good run or when we won the cis)... Now I'm not saying I'm the best hibs fan out there, I don't travel to all the away games like some people on this but I always renew no matter how we finish... Can't wait for the first game of the season, BRING IT ON!!!

Houchy
18-07-2011, 10:43 AM
He's not claiming to be an "uberfan" he's simply asking a question, as to why people have decided not to go. Which IMO is reasonable enough.

He never asked why people have decided not to go, rather "Why have people turned their backs on the club". Us fans that are out of the country don't have the option to go so we are not turning our backs on the club. I'd love to go but like so many posters so far, it just isn't possible.

With the kids still being on holidays, parents have other priorities ahead of football. It's a shame but it's true. If I was at home, I'll be honest and say that i'd probably rather take the kids out for the day. Scottish football has been dying a slow painful death for years.

Hainan Hibs
18-07-2011, 10:47 AM
I live abroad.

I have almost stopped caring though. The team is so devoid of any fight, passion or fire that it's hard to give a jot. Hopefully that changes with Ivan and O'Connor returning.

The match day experience isn't what it used to be either. Women pulling out hello magazine's in the row in front of you sums up the type of atmosphere we have at ER now and have had for a good few years.

The communication from the club is also poor. I don't expect knowledge of every little detail as I know it is harmful to the club, however they are far too quiet and when they do speak they should know that claiming people spout guff on messageboards isn't getting anybody back on side even if it's true.

A manager that clearly wants to be somewhere else. A team that gives it the "oh believe us, we're right up for this game" and then go out and show as much heart as a 10 year old lassie do not deserve any support.

To sum up, I live abroad just now and wouldn't change that. However, if I lived in Edinburgh I'd be hard pushed to choose to go to ER. It's an expensive day, a day at my grandparents has more fire than the atmosphere at ER (I'm not expecting a riot but I've seen 5 year old birthday parties with more atmosphere), and sitting in the freezing cold with a bovril, watching a heartless team get gubbed up and down the pitch, doesn't fill me with much excitement.

Edit : One last point to add, with the expense of the game and life in general, and given the size of the stadium means a ticket is guaranteed, it is an easy choice for people now to pick and choose games.

Houchy
18-07-2011, 10:47 AM
I'm not an uberfan, I'm just interested in why people have given up supporting the team.

Why didn't you say "given up supporting the team" then, rather than "turning your back on the club"?

Bit dramatic no?

MrSmith
18-07-2011, 10:51 AM
I live abroad.

I have almost stopped caring though. The team is so devoid of any fight, passion or fire that it's hard to give a jot. Hopefully that changes with Ivan and O'Connor returning.

The match day experience isn't what it used to be either. Women pulling out hello magazine's in the row in front of you sums up the type of atmosphere we have at ER now and have had for a good few years.

The communication from the club is also poor. I don't expect knowledge of every little detail as I know it is harmful to the club, however they are far too quiet and when they do speak they should know that claiming people spout guff on messageboards isn't getting anybody back on side even if it's true.

A manager that clearly wants to be somewhere else. A team that gives it the "oh believe us, we're right up for this game" and then go out and show as much heart as a 10 year old lassie do not deserve any support.

To sum up, I live abroad just now and wouldn't change that. However, if I lived in Edinburgh I'd be hard pushed to choose to go to ER. It's an expensive day, a day at my grandparents has more fire than the atmosphere at ER (I'm not expecting a riot but I've seen 5 year old birthday parties with more atmosphere), and sitting in the freezing cold with a bovril, watching a heartless team get gubbed up and down the pitch, doesn't fill me with much excitement.

How I feel too!

Still buy the strips for my boys but maybe make half a dozen games a season now! Horrible atmosphere, spineless team and nothing from the board to make me believe this will change.

marinello59
18-07-2011, 10:52 AM
I don't think anybody ever turns their back on the club they support. All of us may at times be less willing to actually go along to games but that's a combination of things both football and family related.
(I would much rather have been able to report I was in a far flung place in response to this. :greengrin)

Brebners Bookie
18-07-2011, 10:54 AM
Simply had enough!

Watching a heartless team, manager speculation, player sales and the bland negative approach to creating excitement about the club by our board!

Even in the worst days with Alex Miller, we had something to shout about and players who gave their all for the club.

It was last season, hence the signings of sproule Goc and O'Hanlon.

Are you really disheartened by the players we've lost? its not like we are selling the golden genration all over again hibs have been getting rid of dead weight and i doubt that at the end of last season you were shouting for the likes of rankin and mcbride to be kept on.

In my eyes every player that could be accused of not caring about the club has already been booted and i cant wait to get back to Easter road for the new season.

Albanian Hibs
18-07-2011, 10:56 AM
I've just had a baby :na na:

MrSmith
18-07-2011, 11:00 AM
It was last season, hence the signings of sproule Goc and O'Hanlon.

Are you really disheartened by the players we've lost? its not like we are selling the golden genration all over again hibs have been getting rid of dead weight and i doubt that at the end of last season you were shouting for the likes of rankin and mcbride to be kept on.

In my eyes every player that could be accused of not caring about the club has already been booted and i cant wait to get back to Easter road for the new season.

The accumulation of it over the last 6 years...

R'Albin
18-07-2011, 11:02 AM
He never asked why people have decided not to go, rather "Why have people turned their backs on the club". Us fans that are out of the country don't have the option to go so we are not turning our backs on the club. I'd love to go but like so many posters so far, it just isn't possible.

With the kids still being on holidays, parents have other priorities ahead of football. It's a shame but it's true. If I was at home, I'll be honest and say that i'd probably rather take the kids out for the day. Scottish football has been dying a slow painful death for years.

Maybe it was worded a bit strongly, but he is definately not claiming to be an uberfan. The other worry is not just people like you who have gotten bored of Scottish football, but also there is hardly any people I know that are interested in Scottish football(well around my school anyway), and I can see attendances declining in years to come as well.

MrSmith
18-07-2011, 11:03 AM

Congratulation! Name, gender and weight? Hope all is well with mum and child.

andy

blackpoolhibs
18-07-2011, 11:06 AM
Hibs dont win crowds drop. Hibs win crowds grow. Simples.

frazeHFC
18-07-2011, 11:10 AM
It would be 9,997 if it was on the Saturday as we would still be away. Will be disappointing and embaressing if we only get 10,000.

Brebners Bookie
18-07-2011, 11:13 AM
The accumulation of it over the last 6 years...

Of what sorry?

Houchy
18-07-2011, 11:14 AM

Bring him/her along... That's 2 added to the gate:greengrin

easty
18-07-2011, 11:17 AM

Sharm el Sheik. Where were you?

offshorehibby
Right, so 7 days before the game you can tell me what the crowds going to be, did your oracle tell you the score as well just so i can get my bet on now. My season ticket is purchased but due to work i'll miss more games than i will catch this season.

greenlex
Bring him/her along... That's 2 added to the gate:greengrin

:agree: Bring Dad along too that will be three added. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
18-07-2011, 11:19 AM
I have my shiny new season ticket safely in my wallet. Will i be there on sunday, not sure. If i can get there by car maybe. The train does not get me there on time.

There was a time i'd never have missed the 1st game, home or away. Not so bothered these days. Have i turned my back on the club, i dont know?

easty
I went week in week out for over 20 years, pick and choose games now, to be honest Soccer Saturday provides me with much more entertainment. I'm actually looking forward to The Hammers season more, new grounds, pubs etc to visit.

That's very true.:agree:

Houchy

Sharm as well. Holiday Village Red Sea.:agree:

Hibee D
18-07-2011, 11:21 AM
Kids football now means cannot make many matches so have not renewed mine and 2 kids season tickets.

Do not see it as turning my back just about priorities. Will still make as many games as possible

beebhfc
18-07-2011, 11:23 AM

If you are one of the lost 3,500 what is the single biggest reason that you turned your back on your club? sick of watching the dross thats on offer at er these days .lets face it its been going down hill for years. we have a manager who wants to be elsewhere eh birmingham an owner who dont give a s....t about football never mind hibs.and a chairman well lets not go there.sick of some hibees getting drawn in to petries way of thinking trying to stick up for him with wages ect dont forget the money we spend aint yours a think sometimes most of you would be happy that we are in not a bad financial state rather than going and singning some decent players who buy the way cost money

Houchy
18-07-2011, 11:26 AM
sick of watching the dross thats on offer at er these days .lets face it its been going down hill for years. we have a manager who wants to be elsewhere eh birmingham an owner who dont give a s....t about football never mind hibs.and a chairman well lets not go there.sick of some hibees getting drawn in to petries way of thinking trying to stick up for him with wages ect dont forget the money we spend aint yours a think sometimes most of you would be happy that we are in not a bad financial state rather than going and singning some decent players who buy the way cost money

Mccarr???:confused:

MrSmith
18-07-2011, 11:27 AM
Of what sorry?

Losing decent players and replacing them with spineless nonsense!

Golden Bear
18-07-2011, 11:27 AM
Games kicking off at times other than 3pm on a Saturday is a big turn off for me. Plus the increased capacity at ER means that you are almost guaranteed a good seat without the need to purchase a season ticket.

There were too many games last season where some of the players looked as though they couldn't be ersed and with that attitude then it's no wonder that apathy is prevalent amongst the supporters.

easty
18-07-2011, 11:28 AM

We're staying at Tropicana Grand Azure Resort, cannae wait!

Brebners Bookie
18-07-2011, 11:31 AM
Losing decent players and replacing them with spineless nonsense!

I agree completely that the signings in genral over the last 5/6 years have been rotten, but this is the first season i think that has changed, 3 very good signings already and i very much doubt we are done.

RIP
18-07-2011, 11:32 AM
10,000 supporting the team or another 3,000 glory hunters :hmmm:

We had a huge turnout for the opening of the East Stand. That happens once a lifetime. Great day - in the past now!

Big turnout against smellies but I can't say I enjoy the pitiful sight of the glory hunters running doon the stairs, heids bowed, tails between their legs when we lost a goal. Nae bottle, nae balls - nae class

As for the Yams match - our section was invaded by jakies and junkies reekin o' BO and stale pash. We watched the match while they stared at their maroon counterparts in the South, eyes popping, chucking coins, drinks and sunglasses. Don't come back lads :bye:

There's a' sort of reasons why folk do or don't go tae fitba and I'll never say a bad word about someone who decides not to go

But if you do come along - FFS support the team !!

hibs0666
18-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Why didn't you say "given up supporting the team" then, rather than "turning your back on the club"?

Bit dramatic no?

Maybe, but we often accuse the club and players of lacking passion so I thought I'd try and stir some passion amongst last seaon's supporters that have now decided to become fans. :wink:

Houchy
18-07-2011, 11:38 AM

Very hot but bareable due to it being a dry heat. If you go to Mcdonalds, you can still get the "mega meal". A Big Mac with 4 burgers, Extra large fries and a bucket of juice. There's also the Big Chicken meal which is a McChicken sandwich with 2 chicken breasts. Cheap as chips too.

The advice we were given was that to avoid hassle (it's not really a hassle) from taxi drivers, walk on the other side of the road but then they just reverse up the road asking if you want a taxi. They're ok though, if you just say no, they just drive on:agree:

I enjoyed it but 2 weeks of local food and I was crying out for Mcdonalds.:greengrin

hibs0666
18-07-2011, 11:41 AM
Right, so 7 days before the game you can tell me what the crowds going to be, did your oracle tell you the score as well just so i can get my bet on now. My season ticket is purchased but due to work i'll miss more games than i will catch this season.

Estimating the crowd ain't rocket science - all the information is there on the Hibs website for anyone caring enough to look.

easty
18-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Very hot but bareable due to it being a dry heat. If you go to Mcdonalds, you can still get the "mega meal". A Big Mac with 4 burgers, Extra large fries and a bucket of juice. There's also the Big Chicken meal which is a McChicken sandwich with 2 chicken breasts. Cheap as chips too.

The advice we were given was that to avoid hassle (it's not really a hassle) from taxi drivers, walk on the other side of the road but then they just reverse up the road asking if you want a taxi. They're ok though, if you just say no, they just drive on:agree:

I enjoyed it but 2 weeks of local food and I was crying out for Mcdonalds.:greengrin

We're only going for a week, I'm fairly sure I'll not be going to McDonalds!!

IWasThere2016
18-07-2011, 11:46 AM
Daughter's 18th .. also don't go v OF or them - cannot abide the sight of them!

First SPL game this season will be at Pars-Hibs 17/9 and first ER game will be Hibs-Arabs 24/9.

The Harp
18-07-2011, 11:47 AM
I've not turned may back on the Club - never would, but I must admit I've never less looked forward to a season in my 60 year love affair wi' the Hibs. For me personally, the most depressing aspect right now is the CC will he/won't he saga which IMO must have had a negative effect on player recruitment and season ticket sales.
I sincerely hope we have a better season than some of us are anticipating.

vla_di_vla
18-07-2011, 11:50 AM
product pure and simple. my friends couldn't give away their season tickets last year. if it improves i will make a few games. not convinced that will happen with current manager and squad though

Joe
18-07-2011, 11:57 AM
Absolutely love Hibs, would be there every week if I had the money but that's just it, money. Had a season ticket for last year and a half while coming up from Manchester to near every home game. The only thing that stops me going is money, when I have it I go to Hibs, when I don't I don't. Going to Hibs is way of keeping my sanity, Manchester is hardly a hotbed of Hibernian activity so being the only Hibs fan I know sometimes makes me feel like I have a weird intrest for crazy people, like ping pong or collecting vintage actions figures. Then I go to Hibs and realize that it's actually a really big deal. Love that, love seeing Edinburgh from the train, love taking that first step onto the platform in Edinburgh, love the walk down to Leith and love that feeling of being in MY seat at MY club. Live ten minutes from Old Trafford and you can keep it, I've done sixteen hour round trips to see us play St Mirren and nine hours to see us get thumped at Hamilton, I'll take that over a champions league final any day.

machibby
18-07-2011, 11:59 AM
£46 minimum to go with my 8 year old son who's footie daft right now and thats before the cost of getting there and refreshments. Sadly I don't have that sort of money to burn and even if I did I think it's a total joke of expense for 90 mins of 'entertainment'. Think the club has to get real as far as pricing goes otherwise numbers are going to continue to fall. If they offered a deal like a free kids ticket, or even £5/6 for a catA game, with an adult ticket i think they might find numbers and revenue would go up. It's not as if there aren't the seats available now and I think they have to do alot more to encourage the next generation of fans.
In addition to this the whole Calderwood farce has soured things to the point where I think do I want to support the living of guys who show a complete lack of commitment and respect to supporters.

Speedway
18-07-2011, 12:00 PM

Drinks are free? Fun and Sunshine? Enough for everyone?

DMR1875
18-07-2011, 12:00 PM
Now that tv companies dictate when the game is played it put me off, tell them to stuff the tv money, go back to highlights on a Saturday night, all games start 3pm Sat, home game every second week so easier on the wallet. When Setanta closed down sky and espn have taken the p!sh out of the spl.
The current system wants kids to pay full price for A games it's a joke, primary school kids should get in free or next to it. That's the future of Hibs they will end up playing the xbox just like my son when i tell him the gate price!

As for the players..who do they think they are. I've never seen a team as bad as this, It's all about money, I would rather go watch Edina Hibs, when the lads pull that green and white on it's for the team and love for HFC not for a ****bag agent trying to screw more money out of the club.

Gatecrasher
18-07-2011, 12:03 PM
i saw the ticket price for an adult on Sunday £28!!!

if i didnt get a ST no way would i even consider going, The SPL is too much of a joke to charge those kind of prices, Also the KO times aren't ideal with the TV deal. Theres so many thing to put people off these days, IMO its only going to get worse until the people in charge (Of the league) realise major changes are needed.

lucky
18-07-2011, 12:04 PM
Bought my ST. Looking forward to the season more in hope than expectation. But for me going to the match is not just about the game. Time with mates. Few hours relaxation. FFS its hibs we have never been good in my 30 years. Sometimes we have been better than the best of the rest but never challenging for the league

offshorehibby
18-07-2011, 12:05 PM
Estimating the crowd ain't rocket science - all the information is there on the Hibs website for anyone caring enough to look.
I care loads about Hibs i care enough to buy my season ticket knowing that at the moment i'm only going to catch about 6 games between now and April. I don't care to sit and count on how many will be at a game 7 days away.

HNA6
18-07-2011, 12:08 PM
I'm in Egypt.

We're only going for a week, I'm fairly sure I'll not be going to McDonalds!!You pair fancy discussing yer holidays on another thread ..:aok:

Lucius Apuleius
18-07-2011, 12:09 PM
What kind off poor excuse is that??? :greengrin

T'was the best I could think of in a short time. :greengrin

Still doubt if I will miss a game when I am in UK though.

Onwards and upwards. A nice half full stadium on Sunday. Stuff the mhanky ones.

GGTTH

:cgwa

Golden Bear
18-07-2011, 12:13 PM
Now that tv companies dictate when the game is played it put me off, tell them to stuff the tv money, go back to highlights on a Saturday night, all games start 3pm Sat, home game every second week so easier on the wallet. When Setanta closed down sky and espn have taken the p!sh out of the spl.
The current system wants kids to pay full price for A games it's a joke, primary school kids should get in free or next to it. That's the future of Hibs they will end up playing the xbox just like my son when i tell him the gate price!

As for the players..who do they think they are. I've never seen a team as bad as this, It's all about money, I would rather go watch Edina Hibs, when the lads pull that green and white on it's for the team and love for HFC not for a ****bag agent trying to screw more money out of the club.

Just say it as you see it.:wink:

Good opening post most of which I entirely agree with.

down-the-slope
18-07-2011, 12:13 PM
I'll be one of the ten thousand anyway, and I am looking forward to it:cgwa

Yup Tellies for Fatties :agree:

Twa Cairpets
18-07-2011, 12:14 PM
It would be 9,997 if it was on the Saturday as we would still be away. Will be disappointing and embaressing if we only get 10,000.

Disappointing yes, embarrassing, no. I've never understood why people would be embarrassed or ashamed at the size of a crowd. The people who go, go, the people who don't, don't.

The people who are their have nothing to be embarrassed about, because they're there. Those who don't either have a good reason (nothing to be embarrassed about there), or don't care enough to go (in which case they won't be embarrassed).

Jamesie
18-07-2011, 12:15 PM
Simply had enough!

It's not even just that, it's the fact that there is no identity with the players / team anymore as well. I understand many many years ago you'd see some of the players - Pat Stanton, Jimmy O'Rourke etc - in the Hibs club after games. Guys like Tortolano, Hunter etc you'd see about town and they'd give you the time of day. They were characters who probably saw it as a wee bit more than a job given they'd been brought up in the area (OK, Stirling for Tortolano) and maybe knew what it was all about, although I'm not going to be parochial about this - the last person I can think over even nearing the category of "character" at Easter Road was probably The Monk and his beaten up Rover Metro or whatever it was you'd see him running around town in.

I suspect money is the common denominator that has created an "us and them" divide between supporters and fans, and it isn't a problem specific to Hibs, it's through the whole of the game.

AndyM_1875
18-07-2011, 12:18 PM
I haven't turned my back on the club. Hibs are my team, always have been and always will be.
But I have a young family, money is tight and football just isn't as important to me any more. I'm also doing other things and have other interests, both sporting and non-sporting.

Also the SPL is as stale as a 2 week old loaf of bread so that doesn't exactly entice me in. Coupled with the last year being an unmitigated embarassing, car crash of an SPL season, I really don't think I'm missing out by not having my ST for the first time in years.

Call it maturity, call it getting older but I no longer want to share airspace with the vile, anachronistic, bigoted lunatics that follow the Old Firm. The Hearts support who travel to ER are also 2 sandwiches short of a picnic in the main. I'll take in a few games this year but I'm not going to be in any rush to watch Hibs play Motherwell or Kilmarnock.
Unlike a few years ago, I just don't feel I have to be there.

offshorehibby
18-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Hopefully with a few good results under the belt the crowds will improve. With nearly 50 years watching Hibs. 10000 is not bad, i've been there with 4000 crowds where were everybody then.

allezsauzee
18-07-2011, 12:23 PM
There is still another week for us sell more tickets, but I reckon £28 (or £29.50 if you don't turn up in person to buy your ticket) is a lot of money to expect people to fork out given the sort of lacklustre displays we witnessed last season. Especially as the game is on TV. A lot of people will watch the game in the pub and use the money saved on a ticket for a few pints. I think Hibs should be charging less for the games on TV rather than a fiver more.

HibbyAndy
18-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Ill be there every single week. Hibernian daft :agree:

Sammy7nil
18-07-2011, 12:28 PM
Just Totally fed up with Hibs.

I have waited patiently year on year for a good team and each time it arrives it is VERY quickly dismanatled. I have watched Inverness Hamilton St Johnstone and others Comprehensively out play us and often GUBB us. Hibs from top to bottom lack Heart, Fight, Character, Ability and I can't see it changing soon. Last season was just Woeful and the season before despite 4th place was little better based on the quality of performance.

We now have a manager who wants to be some where else and looks as interested as a veggie at a barbecue.

My mates have fallen away one by one and what used to be a great day out is now spoiled by the game.

The fact we can't even match the drive and will of the ****bo's who 85% of the time seem to be more UP for the game just kills me. The fact we regularly get humped out the one competition we all want to win by lesser teams is just a Joke.

I guess what I am saying is I Hibs are no longer as important to me as the have been over the 40 odd years I have been going to ER. I still care and I will still go but my season ticket for as long as I can remember is no more.

Bishop Hibee
18-07-2011, 12:30 PM
While I'll be there, I know 7 ST holders off the top of my head who are on holiday. The season shouldn't start until the first Saturday in August.

Keith_M
18-07-2011, 12:31 PM
The fact that you used the phrase "turned your back on your club" would make anyone with a genuine reason for going to less games to tell you to p*ss off, and rightly so.

If you hadn't said that, I would have given you a reasoned response. However, I and many others have already been judged by you so what's the point.

Riordans Boots
18-07-2011, 12:32 PM
Me + 3 going on Sunday but I am going just to be oggling Ivan :greengrin

Speedway
18-07-2011, 12:37 PM
I'd love to go to the games but now that I've turned my back on the club, I can't see how to get there and keep ending up in Gilmerton.

Where have they moved ER to now?

Keith_M
18-07-2011, 12:41 PM
I'd love to go to the games but now that I've turned my back on the club, I can't see how to get there and keep ending up in Gilmerton.

Where have they moved ER to now?

:greengrin

p.s. I've always wondered, is that you in the photo being huckled by the Polis?

Lofarl
18-07-2011, 12:43 PM
I'm no getting up early to go watch Celtic fans sing their Irish folk songs for 90mins. It's alright if you stay in Edinburgh. Super duper die hards like me have to rely on Sunday transport services.Besides I've made my point clear on ST prices.

Beefster
18-07-2011, 12:51 PM
I renewed again this year but I can totally understand why some have not, especially if there are pressures on money. Watching the dross that we've been subjected to in recent years is becoming more and more of a chore. It's getting to the stage where a day being dragged around East Links Farm or some bland shopping centre is becoming just as attractive.

IWasThere2016
18-07-2011, 12:55 PM
Ill be daft every single week.:agree:

:agree:

lEXO
18-07-2011, 01:00 PM

Bit dramatic no?

Why did,nt you just say you live abroad rather than call the op an "uberfan" then? Easy enough answer to give, others have.
I will be at the games, i live in Edinburgh and can afford my season ticket.

HibbyAndy
18-07-2011, 01:00 PM
:agree:

Bampot :greengrin

Northfield Hibby
18-07-2011, 01:06 PM
Just Totally fed up with Hibs.

I have waited patiently year on year for a good team and each time it arrives it is VERY quickly dismanatled. I have watched Inverness Hamilton St Johnstone and others Comprehensively out play us and often GUBB us. Hibs from top to bottom lack Heart, Fight, Character, Ability and I can't see it changing soon. Last season was just Woeful and the season before despite 4th place was little better based on the quality of performance.

We now have a manager who wants to be some where else and looks as interested as a veggie at a barbecue.

My mates have fallen away one by one and what used to be a great day out is now spoiled by the game.

The fact we can't even match the drive and will of the ****bo's who 85% of the time seem to be more UP for the game just kills me. The fact we regularly get humped out the one competition we all want to win by lesser teams is just a Joke.

I guess what I am saying is I Hibs are no longer as important to me as the have been over the 40 odd years I have been going to ER. I still care and I will still go but my season ticket for as long as I can remember is no more.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Only difference is that I didn't renew my ST last season for the first time in 15 years and haven't bought one this for this season. Only 4 years ago there was about 8 of us that would meet at the Loch Inn, a few pints then on to game. For the start of this season, none of us will be ST holders. The price, especially with me having 2 kids was making it difficult to renew, but on the park is what really puts myself and my mates off. This season has been the worst that I can remember for off the field nonsense. I'd never turn my back on Hibs and will go to some games next season, but the reality is that I don't have the same buzz on a saturday/sunday when the Hibs are playing and more importantly my kids are not fussy about missing the game and would rather watch an English premiership game or watch the likes of Barcelona at night!

Sad but true!

Hakim Sar
18-07-2011, 01:07 PM
I'll probs make about 12 games this year. All will be at home. It's unusual that in these turbulent times it actually has less effect on me now. Total apathy. Hibs making a Michael Ballack's of things just doesn't ruin my day like it used to. The product is just something to go and see if there is nowt else to do and iv just been paid. Only find derbies exciting. Again, even more unusually, if the league was bigger, fairer, and there were more games against provincial clubs I would probably get a bit more involved. Would be good to see a Scottish league with 16 teams blooding youngsters, playoffs for relegation, promotion, europe etc. There is nothing more disheartening than another random poor overseas player bungling about in a hibs top knowing that his agent likely made a few quid on the deal and it's money lost to the game forever.

Hibby D
18-07-2011, 01:15 PM
I have a final year as a student - My ST cost me £140 as a result. I can honestly say with my hand on my heart I would NOT have renewed at the full adult price. Based on this last season alone it just would not be justifiable. I'm fed up with games being moved for tv too.

I feel sad to be admitting all of that because there would have been a time when I'd not only be first in the queue to renew, I'd sleep out overnight to queus for derby tickets and I'd rarely if ever miss an away game. My love for Hibs was unconditional :agree:

But I don't think I've quite turned by back altogether :devil:

JustSimplyHibs
18-07-2011, 01:16 PM

I never turned my back on Hibs but stopped pumping my hard earned cash into them the minute they sold off Riordan, GOC, Whitty, Thomson, etc....we had a chance then to put these guys on a decent contract for a potential championship winning team under the guidance of Mowbray.

These guys only wanted a little bit extra cash to play for a club that gave them a platform to showcase their football. The board failed to provide. After recieving 20 years worth of MY money, suffering through the 80's and 90's, relegtaion, Mercer, getting gubbed teams when should never be getting gubbed from, Jim Duffy, rarely beating hearts and countless other things, i felt it was our time eventually to challenge.....I was cheesed off.

Year on year the entrance fee to watch hibs went up and up yet the dross on the pitch went from dire to dire after the Young Guns era.

I am now older and wiser to see the infrstructure that has been put in place and am proud of what this club has achieved in 15-20 years on that side, i feel we now have the right man to lead Hibs and by the sounds of things Petrie has his man as well (Mowbray being his last) and is now loosen the purse strings a wee bit to back him.

I feel this Club now has a sound platform to build upon and become stronger.....So after years of not going to ER i am finally back. :cgwa

Removed
18-07-2011, 01:20 PM
Why did,nt you just say you live abroad rather than call the op an "uberfan" then? Easy enough answer to give, others have.I will be at the games, i live in Edinburgh and can afford my season ticket.He lives in Bathgate :wink:

greenlex
18-07-2011, 01:22 PM
I never turned my back on Hibs but stopped pumping my hard earned cash into them the minute they sold off Riordan, GOC, Whitty, Thomson, etc....we had a chance then to put these guys on a decent contract for a potential championship winning team under the guidance of Mowbray.

These guys only wanted a little bit extra cash to play for a club that gave them a platform to showcase their football. The board failed to provide. After recieving 20 years worth of MY money, suffering through the 80's and 90's, relegtaion, Mercer, getting gubbed teams when should never be getting gubbed from, Jim Duffy, rarely beating hearts and countless other things, i felt it was our time eventually to challenge.....I was cheesed off.

Year on year the entrance fee to watch hibs went up and up yet the dross on the pitch went from dire to dire after the Young Guns era.

I am now older and wiser to see the infrstructure that has been put in place and am proud of what this club has achieved in 15-20 years on that side, i feel we now have the right man to lead Hibs and by the sounds of things Petrie has his man as well (Mowbray being his last) and is now loosen the purse strings a wee bit to back him.

I feel this Club now has a sound platform to build upon and become stronger.....So after years of not going to ER i am finally back. :cgwa
Good to hear you are going back Sir.:agree:
Re the bit in bold though. Its not true. They wanted the best deal they could get to showcase their talent. They got that elsewhere and Hibs could never have given them the wages they got where they ended up.

Houchy
18-07-2011, 01:29 PM
Why did,nt you just say you live abroad rather than call the op an "uberfan" then? Easy enough answer to give, others have.
I will be at the games, i live in Edinburgh and can afford my season ticket.

As 65BD has mentioned, I live in Bathgate and I too can afford my season ticket but can't make Sundays game. As I have also alluded to, why did the OP have to ask "why 3500 of us have turned our backs on the club"? I am not turning my back on the club, I just can't flipping make it on Sunday!!!

Probably the same for most of the other 3499 jeez:rolleyes:

It's still the school holidays so a lot of people will, conceivably, still be on holidays.

As someone else already posted, football should not start until August.

I wouldn't be surprised if all crowds were down on the corresponding fixtures last year.

Dirkster23
18-07-2011, 01:32 PM
While I'll be there, I know 7 ST holders off the top of my head who are on holiday. The season shouldn't start until the first Saturday in August.

My son and i are in Crete, so that's one game missed already with our ST's :grr:

hibbydog
18-07-2011, 01:42 PM

My levels of hibbyness have dropped considerably due to the following:

- I've got two kids to look after
- I work away from home
- I'm bored with the repetitive cycle of building up a decent team and selling them to the old firm
- Money's tight
- The entertainment on the park isnt good enough for the price (not much change off £100 if I want to take the family)

KeithTheHibby
18-07-2011, 02:03 PM

How do you know that there will be less than 10k Hibs fans there??

More speculative bull*****. I personally cannot wait till the season starts and we have some football to talk about.

down the slope
18-07-2011, 02:11 PM
Well done to the OP for raising this issue but shouldn't it be the club that is asking this question ?, the powers that be should be doing a bit of customer research as to why bums on seats will be lower this season but maybe they could not care or they don't know how to address the problem. Lots of family and friends are waiting to see what the new season will bring as it seems that they will not part with the cash if it's not a huge improvement on what we saw last season and this from fans who have had ST's for twenty odd years !.

Judas Iscariot
18-07-2011, 02:19 PM
I have something more important to do..

BroxburnHibee
18-07-2011, 02:44 PM
I'm in ibiza

Actually now I think about it I obviously shoud have waited till the fixtures were announced before booking my annual family holiday

I feel ashamed

Ach well back to the beer

hibs0666
18-07-2011, 03:18 PM
How do you know that there will be less than 10k Hibs fans there??

More speculative bull*****. I personally cannot wait till the season starts and we have some football to talk about.

Cos we've sold somewhere between 8,500 and 9,500 tickets so far and there's only a week left to go.

Speculative? A bit. Bull****? Nah :wink:

I personally cannot wait for the real fitba either but will be takling in the Falkirk game tomorrow to see how we are shaping up. :thumbsup:

Killiehibbie
18-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Stupid kick off times, no enthusiasm after watching players with even less, too expensive, other priorities and probably another 10 reasons if I could be bothered thinking about it.

Stonewall
18-07-2011, 04:00 PM
Stupidly early time to start the season so am on holiday.

derekduval
18-07-2011, 04:35 PM
To answer OP - I went to the ranger’s game last year with my wee boy with a couple of comps. There is no way I would part with £42 to attend the celtic game so unless I get offered comps I won’t be there. I gave up my season ticket 6 years ago and since then I have attended a handful of freebies each season. The club have lost me as a financial supporter and until they lower the cost, improve the product on the park and stop messing about with fixture times or my boy asks to go that’s the way it will stay.
Well Done to all who help balance the books:not worth

PS the atmosphere is 5hit

snooky
18-07-2011, 04:50 PM

Thank you for your interest, Rodders.
There have been many rumours on the messageboards about my ER attendances however, I will continue to maintain a professional stance and release a statement through the proper channels when I have something official to say.

:wink:

JustSimplyHibs
18-07-2011, 05:04 PM
To answer OP - I went to the ranger’s game last year with my wee boy with a couple of comps. There is no way I would part with £42 to attend the celtic game so unless I get offered comps I won’t be there. I gave up my season ticket 6 years ago and since then I have attended a handful of freebies each season. The club have lost me as a financial supporter and until they lower the cost, improve the product on the park and stop messing about with fixture times or my boy asks to go that’s the way it will stay.

Couldn't agree more.....ER used to be a vocal place to be particulrary the East....now the East is like a grave yard where you have a feeling that you are at Murrayfield sitting beside the cardboard cut outs watching Hearts,

Could you imagine what this message board would be like if we had internet in the 80's and early 90's.....some of the doom and gloomers on here would be slitting their wrists. Even back then the Leith San Siro was more vocal compared to now.....

Defo the price of going to ER puts alot of people off and will have a huge infulence on the atmosphere coupled with the open stadium.

Woody1985
18-07-2011, 05:11 PM
Uberfans are just people that are pissed off others don't care about the club as much as they do, which in turn means they ultimately get less enjoyment because less people put money in.

I personally don't go as much as I'd like to down to cost and it generally not being appealing, the big games I'd rather go to are on tv so I make the decision to watch it on tv rather than spend 40 or 50 quid on a day out at the game.

I won't buy a season ticket because I can do other stuff on a Saturday and when I am free I can choose to go to games.

If I'm being honest there's not much more the club could do to get me along more often other than half prices which isn't going to happen.

Borderhibbie76
18-07-2011, 05:11 PM
I was a season ticket holder for many years, however I now have to work weekends so only attend when work allows me to do so....

Tho as an aside, the admission prices are shocking for the extremely poor product being served up in the SPL and I don't see attendances improving until the board address this issue. Also a bit more investment on new players before the end of Aug may also help matters...

marinello59
18-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Quite a few on here saying they won't go because it's overpriced yet we have threads running concurrently asking why we don't pay the players more. This running a fitba club and keeping all the punters happy is so simple.:greengrin

If we win a few games price won't be an issue.

marinello59
18-07-2011, 05:25 PM

Perhaps sitting with the singing section would give you a better match day experience. :dunno:

Northfield Hibby
18-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Quite a few on here saying they won't go because it's overpriced yet we have threads running concurrently asking why we don't pay the players more. This running a fitba club and keeping all the punters happy is so simple.:greengrin

If we win a few games price won't be an issue.

Your right, I mentioned earlier that the price with having 2 boys to take to the games was now to dear, BUT if we did have a side that was worth watching, then I'd probably find the money!!!

Unfortunately I don't see that changing very soon!!!

FranckSuzy
18-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Absolutely love Hibs, would be there every week if I had the money but that's just it, money. Had a season ticket for last year and a half while coming up from Manchester to near every home game. The only thing that stops me going is money, when I have it I go to Hibs, when I don't I don't. Going to Hibs is way of keeping my sanity, Manchester is hardly a hotbed of Hibernian activity so being the only Hibs fan I know sometimes makes me feel like I have a weird intrest for crazy people, like ping pong or collecting vintage actions figures. Then I go to Hibs and realize that it's actually a really big deal. Love that, love seeing Edinburgh from the train, love taking that first step onto the platform in Edinburgh, love the walk down to Leith and love that feeling of being in MY seat at MY club. Live ten minutes from Old Trafford and you can keep it, I've done sixteen hour round trips to see us play St Mirren and nine hours to see us get thumped at Hamilton, I'll take that over a champions league final any day.

Great post :thumbsup:

EasterRoad4Ever
18-07-2011, 05:30 PM
I renewed my ST - but after the ridiculous events of the summer (not enough new players, indifferent manager, lack of ambition by the club etc), the feeling of apathy that I started to experienced last season already threatens to overwhelm me. Why should we bother ? the players don't give a toss. The manager cares even less than that, and other SPL teams all seem to be doing much more positive things to generate some excitement/ambition.

IMHO Petrie has overstayed his welcome at the top of our club. We need fresh ideas, fresh approach and some new blood at the helm. Sadly, he can't see that, so its the same old same old. ER will in time become the white elephant we always feared.

sKipper
18-07-2011, 05:35 PM
Too many reasons to narrow down to one single.

Would rather watch my local Junior team these days.

marinello59
18-07-2011, 05:35 PM
I renewed my ST - but after the ridiculous events of the summer (not enough new players, indifferent manager, lack of ambition by the club etc), the feeling of apathy that I started to experienced last season already threatens to overwhelm me. Why should we bother ? the players don't give a toss. The manager cares even less than that, and other SPL teams all seem to be doing much more positive things to generate some excitement/ambition.

IMHO Petrie has overstayed his welcome at the top of our club. We need fresh ideas, fresh approach and some new blood at the helm. Sadly, he can't see that, so its the same old same old. ER will in time become the white elephant we always feared.

I totally understand how recent events can have turned you off but I would disagree with that last part. I think that we are pretty well positioned to go forward in the long term. The infrastructure is there now, it's going to be all about the team from now on. It won't be a quick fix no matter how much we as fans stamp our feet but we will progress. The whole thing with CC will be looked on as a minor irritant one day. (My glass if half full......it isn't a crime.:greengrin)

Dunbar Hibee
18-07-2011, 05:38 PM

How about you come over to the singing section and help us in our efforts then? FWIW I actually think Easter Road has the 3rd best atmosphere in the league behind the OF.:aok:

sKipper
18-07-2011, 05:42 PM
I totally understand how recent events can have turned you off but I would disagree with that last part. I think that we are pretty well positioned to go forward in the long term. The infrastructure is there now, it's going to be all about the team from now on. It won't be a quick fix no matter how much we as fans stamp our feet but we will progress. The whole thing with CC will be looked on as a minor irritant one day. (My glass if half full......it isn't a crime.:greengrin)

Possible for the long term yes, but there will be serious regression over the next few years.

Cannot believe some of the die hards I know that have stopped going at all.

Stonewall
18-07-2011, 05:44 PM
Too many reasons to narrow down to one single.

Would rather watch my local Junior team these days.

Me too. By the end of last season I was at Prestonfield rather than ER.

Got a season ticket again this year but it's more a case of it being a way to keep in touch with old friends who I wouldn't otherwise see than any desire to watch Hibs. If we don't see a substancial improvement this season I will not be renewing in 2012.

derekduval
18-07-2011, 05:48 PM
Perhaps sitting with the singing section would give you a better match day experience. :dunno:

Mate i hope ur joking was in the east for the Derby and have read the comments on here.

I know i want a better team and atmos. but am not prepared to contribute so dont complain. Its a different world to the one i was introduced too.

Matty_Jack04
18-07-2011, 05:48 PM
Its my birthday on Sunday I'm planning spending the money having fun.

Arch Stanton
18-07-2011, 06:09 PM

Fair do's wouldn't you say - a fair few have let you know why they won't be there (even if it isn't altogether clear which direction they will be facing).

Mind you, if all 3,500 post in with their reasons, this is going to be a long tedious thread, isn't it?

What's it to do with you anyway?

derekduval
18-07-2011, 06:17 PM
How about you come over to the singing section and help us in our efforts then? FWIW I actually think Easter Road has the 3rd best atmosphere in the league behind the OF.:aok:

Thanks for the offer but ive done my time mate. I hope use improve the atmosphere. Good Luck

WhileTheChief..
18-07-2011, 06:19 PM
This thread is hibs.net at its best.

People being able to give their reasons without being shot down in flames. This kind of feedback should be like gold dust to the club.

I still love the club and haven't turned my back on them, I just don't feel the need to go to Easter Rd as often. Last season was like a chore and I only went because I'd bought the season ticket and didn't want to waste it.

I'll pick and choose games this year but as someone pointed out earlier if we had a winning team I would choose to go to more!

silverhibee
18-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Daughter's 18th .. also don't go v OF or them - cannot abide the sight of them!

First SPL game this season will be at Pars-Hibs 17/9 and first ER game will be Hibs-Arabs 24/9.

Nightmare not getting comps this season. :greengrin

ManBearPig
18-07-2011, 06:24 PM
I think last year attendance was higher for first game partly down to the new east stand?!

I think cost is a big factor for a lot of fans, I know it is for me!

Jamesie
18-07-2011, 06:24 PM
Just out of interest, has anyone cancelled their season ticket in the last few weeks? Was it easy enough to obtain a refund? I'm not planning on doing so, just curious.

hibs0666
18-07-2011, 06:33 PM
Fair do's wouldn't you say - a fair few have let you know why they won't be there (even if it isn't altogether clear which direction they will be facing).

Mind you, if all 3,500 post in with their reasons, this is going to be a long tedious thread, isn't it?

What's it to do with you anyway?

If you don't like it don't read it.

SanFranHibs
18-07-2011, 06:42 PM
For the past year or so, I have been thinking along even more extreme lines. I have been questioning if it is worth clubs like Hibernian even continuing. And please, before the bullets come my way, this has been in the context of the Scottish league generally.

What is our long term future? Win the league cup once every 10 or 20 years? Finish 3rd once every 10 years? Look up at Hearts in the table most years? Get half decent young players coming through the youth setup and sell them off as soon as possible? Even this week I noticed some posters here saying we would be better signing certain players because they have a better sell-on value. We have not even signed them and some are thinking of selling them on.

The days of Barcelona, Real Madrid in real competition may seem as distant as events in the Old Testament but now we are in a state where we can't even score one goal against lower division teams over 2 Scottish Cup games ! We seem to have been reduced to think finishing in the top 6 is a successful season.

I was a season ticket holder prior to moving away and I went to 90% of away games but if I was back home now, I'm really not so sure if I would be so 'loyal'. Loyalty must be on both sides. We know this board has achieved significant improvement in our business and operational infrastructure, but at what cost? This club seems to have no footballing ambitions. Journeymen players or returning players trying to get the careers back on track. A constant flow of players and especially managers can not be good.

Perhaps we really need new ownership. We know we cannot expect some rich Arab to give us 400 million to rename Easter Road, but surely with our low debt, our good facilities, someone who has some cash to spend must see us as a relatively inexpensive entry into football ownership. Ownership that would want to improve the on field product.

Anyow, the new season is just about upon us and any optimism I have is guarded. Probably only slighlty optimistic because I can't see us being as bad as last season. Alas for Hibs fans, we can't compartmentalise last season into a 10 game box score like Petrie recently did. P10 W6 L2 D2. Hibs fans also suffered the other 30 games or so. Easter Road is now not even a place which other teams 'fear' to come. We know professional players go out to do their best but there just seems to be no heart. I think this stems from the lack of direction and stability at the managerial level. We are definitiely in a quick improvement mode. We need a plan that looks beyond the immediate season and a top 6 finish.

Well, this is my little piece. Just a ramble really. But for me that sums the past few seasons being a Hibs fan.

Will I turn my back on Hibs? No ! But it is hard to justify even my small degree of optimism. I wont turn my back, just....
:rolleyes:

Bostonhibby
18-07-2011, 07:08 PM
There have been many rumours on the messageboards about my ER attendances however, I will continue to maintain a professional stance and release a statement through the proper channels when I have something official to say.

:thumbsup: Ha Ha, brilliant, Think I will probably do the same, but will get my agent to do it. Followed by an official photo opportunity.

I will be there every chance I get to make the journey, same as last couple of seasons, Mind you early Kickoff on Sunday are no help.

Frogga
18-07-2011, 07:21 PM
I am no longer a student so can't afford to pay for a 'real'/non-student season ticket. I would've been there for the Celtic game but instead I'll be in Ireland watching it amongst an even greater number of Celtic fans.

PaulSmith
18-07-2011, 07:40 PM
Turned my back? No but absolutely cheesed off that after having to bite the bullet in terms of selling every asset over the last 6 years I had somehow convinced myself that this pre-season we had removed all the dross on long term deals and finally I would see the club make moves that would make me feel like there is a realistic level of ambition.

I posted what seems like months ago this simple question: "Will the Board go out and sign players that will entice fans to buy season tickets or will they see how many they sell first".

In the days of media savvy clubs we, quite unbelievably IMO, still insist on keeping silent "A spokesman at Hibs refused to comment on the matter" is read so often in the daily papers or online that it's a standing joke. The club must start to make inroads again and speak to the very people that they want back at the club, the very people that they require but have shown utter contempt for over a period of time.

The crazy managerial situation that has still to be fully resolved only several months since his appointment.

PatHead
18-07-2011, 07:50 PM
Gave up my season ticket last season as I was disillussioned with what was going on at Easter Road. Primarily, John Hughes. I really didn't think things could get worse.............Ended up going about 5 or 6 times.

Think this season will be much the same. So will go now and then. Just can't get excited just now.

Hibbyradge
18-07-2011, 08:00 PM
For the past year or so, I have been thinking along even more extreme lines. I have been questioning if it is worth clubs like Hibernian even continuing. And please, before the bullets come my way, this has been in the context of the Scottish league generally.

What is our long term future? Win the league cup once every 10 or 20 years? Finish 3rd once every 10 years? Look up at Hearts in the table most years? Get half decent young players coming through the youth setup and sell them off as soon as possible? Even this week I noticed some posters here saying we would be better signing certain players because they have a better sell-on value. We have not even signed them and some are thinking of selling them on.

I've had similar thoughts.

Football has moved away from the communities and the wealth and power is becoming more and more concentrated with the elite clubs.

How do clubs like Hibs survive in the long term? I seem to recall a now deceased Edinburgh Tory businessman asking a similar question 20 years ago.

jabis
18-07-2011, 08:28 PM
:confused:

there were only 10,000 at the game next week...........what was the score ?

edit.......5 pages,someone probably beat me to it !

renato
18-07-2011, 08:36 PM

:greengrin

Obviously preceded by a "Snooky does not comment on post speculation" :agree:

The days of Barcelona, Real Madrid in real competition may seem as distant as events in the Old Testament but now we are in a state where we can't even score one goal against lower division teams over 2 Scottish Cup games ! We seem to have been reduced to think finishing in the top 6 is a successful season.

I was a season ticket holder prior to moving away and I went to 90% of away games but if I was back home now, I'm really not so sure if I would be so 'loyal'. Loyalty must be on both sides. We know this board has achieved significant improvement in our business and operational infrastructure, but at what cost? This club seems to have no footballing ambitions. Journeymen players or returning players trying to get the careers back on track. A constant flow of players and especially managers can not be good.

Perhaps we really need new ownership. We know we cannot expect some rich Arab to give us 400 million to rename Easter Road, but surely with our low debt, our good facilities, someone who has some cash to spend must see us as a relatively inexpensive entry into football ownership. Ownership that would want to improve the on field product.

Anyow, the new season is just about upon us and any optimism I have is guarded. Probably only slighlty optimistic because I can't see us being as bad as last season. Alas for Hibs fans, we can't compartmentalise last season into a 10 game box score like Petrie recently did. P10 W6 L2 D2. Hibs fans also suffered the other 30 games or so. Easter Road is now not even a place which other teams 'fear' to come. We know professional players go out to do their best but there just seems to be no heart. I think this stems from the lack of direction and stability at the managerial level. We are definitiely in a quick improvement mode. We need a plan that looks beyond the immediate season and a top 6 finish.

Well, this is my little piece. Just a ramble really. But for me that sums the past few seasons being a Hibs fan.

Will I turn my back on Hibs? No ! But it is hard to justify even my small degree of optimism. I wont turn my back, just....
:rolleyes:

Minus the first para, this is a great post. No matter how bad we are / pointless it seems, there's always a point in Hibernian FC continuing. It's just so bloody frustrating though :grr:

In answer to the OP - would love to go more often but 2 very young kids and finances put paid to that. I'll likely be there on Sunday as I'll probably be getting someone's ticket but I just cannot justify £28 for a game, it's criminal. If I had my current job and was single / minus children I could defo afford it but would really struggle to justify it, especially with the lack of ST pals who no longer go.

joebakerforever
18-07-2011, 08:41 PM

Not just as simple as that.

Add in the factor that all SPL fans have to suffer the rescheduling of matches, to different days/kick-off times, often at short notice, at the behest of tv.

In the good old days, you set aside 3 - 5pm, every other Saturday to go to ER.

Now if there is a home derby, expect it to be bounced to 12noon on a Sunday for the couch potatoes benefit, and sod joe season ticket holder :fuming:

I recognise this applies to all SPL clubs, but it is another example of how season ticket holders are just considered as dumb income fodder.

Removed
18-07-2011, 08:53 PM
Not just as simple as that.Add in the factor that all SPL fans have to suffer the rescheduling of matches, to different days/kick-off times, often at short notice, at the behest of tv.In the good old days, you set aside 3 - 5pm, every other Saturday to go to ER.Now if there is a home derby, expect it to be bounced to 12noon on a Sunday for the couch potatoes benefit, and sod joe season ticket holder :fuming:I recognise this applies to all SPL clubs, but it is another example of how season ticket holders are just considered as dumb income fodder. I agree 100%, it really p's me off but some folk will argue we really need the tv money. Anyone know how much income we would lose if we didn't have satellite money? Would we really be that much worse off and how much lower would standards really drop :dunno:

tooley
18-07-2011, 08:53 PM

TBH I will be there but what right do you or anyone else have to question why Hibs fans wont turn up next week?
The club offer no incentive to get fans to go along, manager (???), new signings (???), need I go on? Are you going?
If so maybe you should just worry about you going to the game and let other guys maked up there own minds if Hibernian FC are doing enough to sell the product to them???

Mikey
18-07-2011, 08:56 PM
The club offer no incentive to get fans to go along

Yes they do. People just don't want to see them.

tooley
18-07-2011, 09:20 PM

Like what Mikey???

Removed
18-07-2011, 09:26 PM
Like what Mikey??? Even I can see there are early bird incentives for st buyers. Payment plan, cup top up, strip voucher. At least it got me to renew, I would have held off otherwise and then what might have happened. Wouldn't have taken much for me to not bother.

WhileTheChief..
18-07-2011, 09:26 PM
I agree 100%, it really p's me off but some folk will argue we really need the tv money. Anyone know how much income we would lose if we didn't have satellite money? Would we really be that much worse off and how much lower would standards really drop :dunno:

I was going to ask the same thing.

Celtic, Rangers and Hearts games would be near sellouts at Easter Rd if they were at 3pm on a Saturday with no tv. It's because we move the games to suit armchair old firm fans we lose out on gate receipts.

Funny how it's never their home games that are moved. Their traveling fans might moan about the Sundays but at least their season ticket holders pretty much always get Saturday's 3pm. Maybe thats why they have so many season ticket holders :wink:

I say scrap the tv deal, all games 3pm on a Saturday with the SPL making them available to watch online. All monies received by folk paying to watch any of the games online are pooled and shared equally amongst the SPL clubs. Make it expensive to watch online and bring the ticket prices down a bit meaning that armchair fans are contributing financially to the clubs they support. Clubs only get to keep their own gate receipts.

Stick 2 fingers up to whoever says we cant broadcast at 3pm on a Saturday!

WHUHibs
18-07-2011, 09:33 PM

Me too.....Leeds,,Millwall,,Southampton and Brighton all on the agenda....

Lost my ethusiams for Hibs at the moment and havent renewed after 10 years of season tickets.....still to decide..might just pick and chose my games..

PatHead
18-07-2011, 10:56 PM
I know the original question was about Hibs but the same question applies to all other clubs in the SPL as well. Doubt any clubs attendances went up last year. Something to do with same product year after year I would think.

Skanko79
18-07-2011, 11:24 PM
Not been on the forum for a while and unfortunately this is the first thread i chose to read, didnt plan on posting but some of the p1sh ive just read is unreal. Why cant folk just accept the fact that we were totally p1sh last season, out of our depth in an otherwise crappy league run by a bunch of crooks. I gave up watching Hibs regularly a couple of seasons ago, still go now and again but i feel the efforts on the park in the last few seasons dont merrit my support never mind the money i will spend when going to the games. I love the club but when Mr Petrie gets his finger out and brings some players with a hunger for victory or will at least try for 90 minutes, thats when i will be back on a regular basis. same goes with hundreds of other people, its all good blowing your trumpets trying to earn brownie points with the clique on here about how the club will get your support through thick and thin, Hibs were gash last season and have been for some time now and im not affraid to say it.

p.s. i had a discussion on here some time ago with a few members regarding magical andy murray, that was about 3 major tennis tournaments ago, if your reading this, i told you he was gash. :aok:

Dunbar Hibee
18-07-2011, 11:43 PM
Not been on the forum for a while and unfortunately this is the first thread i chose to read, didnt plan on posting but some of the p1sh ive just read is unreal. Why cant folk just accept the fact that we were totally p1sh last season, out of our depth in an otherwise crappy league run by a bunch of crooks. I gave up watching Hibs regularly a couple of seasons ago, still go now and again but i feel the efforts on the park in the last few seasons dont merrit my support never mind the money i will spend when going to the games. I love the club but when Mr Petrie gets his finger out and brings some players with a hunger for victory or will at least try for 90 minutes, thats when i will be back on a regular basis. same goes with hundreds of other people, its all good blowing your trumpets trying to earn brownie points with the clique on here about how the club will get your support through thick and thin, Hibs were gash last season and have been for some time now and im not affraid to say it.

p.s. i had a discussion on here some time ago with a few members regarding magical andy murray, that was about 3 major tennis tournaments ago, if your reading this, i told you he was gash. :aok:

Oh well done you. Happy for you.:aok:

MrSmith
18-07-2011, 11:45 PM
I was going to ask the same thing.

Celtic, Rangers and Hearts games would be near sellouts at Easter Rd if they were at 3pm on a Saturday with no tv. It's because we move the games to suit armchair old firm fans we lose out on gate receipts.

Funny how it's never their home games that are moved. Their traveling fans might moan about the Sundays but at least their season ticket holders pretty much always get Saturday's 3pm. Maybe thats why they have so many season ticket holders :wink:

I say scrap the tv deal, all games 3pm on a Saturday with the SPL making them available to watch online. All monies received by folk paying to watch any of the games online are pooled and shared equally amongst the SPL clubs. Make it expensive to watch online and bring the ticket prices down a bit meaning that armchair fans are contributing financially to the clubs they support. Clubs only get to keep their own gate receipts.

Stick 2 fingers up to whoever says we cant broadcast at 3pm on a Saturday!

Yes! I agree! We used to go to the games then off to the pub on Saturday evening to watch the highlights. Then again Sunday afternoon to watch other highlights... Them were the days...

frazeHFC
18-07-2011, 11:52 PM
:confused:there were only 10,000 at the game next week...........what was the score ? There were actually a bit more than 10,000 and we ran out 3-1 winners. :thumbsup:

greenlex
19-07-2011, 01:22 AM
I renewed my ST - but after the ridiculous events of the summer (not enough new players, indifferent manager, lack of ambition by the club etc), the feeling of apathy that I started to experienced last season already threatens to overwhelm me. Why should we bother ? the players don't give a toss. The manager cares even less than that, and other SPL teams all seem to be doing much more positive things to generate some excitement/ambition. IMHO Petrie has overstayed his welcome at the top of our club. We need fresh ideas, fresh approach and some new blood at the helm. Sadly, he can't see that, so its the same old same old. ER will in time become the white elephant we always feared. Hand your season ticket back and get an Admin ti change your username to Easter Road Till I Get Pissed Off With It.

The Falcon
19-07-2011, 06:32 AM
Hand your season ticket back and get an Admin ti change your username to Easter Road Till I Get Pissed Off With It.

:tee hee:

Beefster
19-07-2011, 06:41 AM

You don't seem to have a very high opinion of some Hibs fans, Mikey. I see you criticise fans (and hibs.net users) all the time but I don't recall much criticism of anything that the Board/club do.

Beefster
19-07-2011, 06:52 AM

Whilst we're on about reading pish that is unreal...

Australian Open: beaten in the final by the current World no. 1

French Open: beaten in the semi-finals by, arguably, one of the greatest players of all-time

Wimbledon: beaten in the semi-finals by, arguably, one of the greatest players of all-time

Aye, he's gash in the same way that Manchester United are gash within world football...

The Falcon
19-07-2011, 07:08 AM

And that's your problem right there. :aok:

Anybody outside the top three (or is it the top one?) at anything comes into he category of "gash".Crack on.

7Hero
19-07-2011, 07:12 AM

Hibs will never be sold, there wil lnot be one person on this earth that will meet a petrie / farmer valuation. Forget it, we are stuck with he owners..

The Falcon
19-07-2011, 07:17 AM
Hibs will never be sold, there wil lnot be one person on this earth that will meet a petrie / farmer valuation. Forget it, we are stuck with he owners..

There is also the possibility that there is no-one with enough money interested that would safeguard our future. Perhaps.

Mikey
19-07-2011, 07:22 AM
You don't seem to have a very high opinion of some Hibs fans, Mikey. I see you criticise fans (and hibs.net users) all the time but I don't recall much criticism of anything that the Board/club do.

I don't have a lot of time for the folk that try to undermine the club on a daily basis. If a supporter of another club came on here and said any of those things there would be a clamour to have them tipped out the door.

As for the board, I don't think I've ever read anything on here that would make an improvement to the overall running of the club. Discussions about cheaper tickets, spending money the club doesn't have, overpaid directors, etc have been done to death and none will work. They're all good sticks to beat the club with though.

Lucius Apuleius
19-07-2011, 07:35 AM
Skank, do you not wish Hibs were fourth best in the world? Wot a dork.

legends of 73
19-07-2011, 07:40 AM
I don't have a lot of time for the folk that try to undermine the club on a daily basis. If a supporter of another club came on here and said any of those things there would be a clamour to have them tipped out the door.

As for the board, I don't think I've ever read anything on here that would make an improvement to the overall running of the club. Discussions about cheaper tickets, spending money the club doesn't have, overpaid directors, etc have been done to death and none will work. They're all good sticks to beat the club with though.

a board member been back on the phone mikey????:greengrin:greengrin

Gettin' Auld
19-07-2011, 07:40 AM
I'm in Nigeria.
Ah........If you've gone over to collect your £6,000,000 inheritance - I have some bad news for you.

Mikey
19-07-2011, 07:41 AM
a board member been back on the phone mikey????:greengrin:greengrin

If there was censorship on here there would be a lot of people missing.

legends of 73
19-07-2011, 07:42 AM

shirley your not meaning me:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin(mon the board):not worth:not worth

Hibby D
19-07-2011, 07:45 AM

But Mikey these are the topics which make hibs.net the best website for Hibs fans and one of the best football fans' websites on the www.

Metaphorically speaking you shouldn't bite the hand that feeds you :greengrin

Beefster
19-07-2011, 09:15 AM

Folk voicing an opinion (even if repeatedly) on an internet forum, set up for fans to voice their opinions, 'undermines' the club? Really?

The second point - I think you need to read more posts in that case. I've read (and given) plenty of ideas that don't involve increasing debt, lowering ticket prices and/or lowering directors' pay. In any event, you can criticise the current practices of someone or an organisation without having all the answers or alternative plans.

TrinityHibs
19-07-2011, 09:40 AM
Glad I read this thread as I just realised that my new cards have not turned up. Phoned the ticket office to find they are sitting there waiting collection.

I'll be there on Sunday with the blind optimism that makes me believe we can beat the OF every time we play them. I know it doesnt happen that often but when it does there is nothing better than giving the big GIRFUY while watching the knuckledraggers heading back to their cesspit. Mon the Ivan I'll be happy with 1 if it makes the difference.

PatHead
19-07-2011, 10:32 AM
Glad I read this thread as I just realised that my new cards have not turned up. Phoned the ticket office to find they are sitting there waiting collection.

I'll be there on Sunday with the blind optimism that makes me believe we can beat the OF every time we play them. I know it doesnt happen that often but when it does there is nothing better than giving the big GIRFUY while watching the knuckledraggers heading back to their cesspit. Mon the Ivan I'll be happy with 1 if it makes the difference.

Unless we are playing Rangers at Ibrox

Phil MaGlass
19-07-2011, 11:07 AM

Aye ah wid huv been dumped ****in years ago.

Expecting Rain
19-07-2011, 11:09 AM
We struggled to compete with the worst of the rest in a poor and embarrasing league.
The players didn`t look interested at times.
The squad has been weakened, we`ve lost two of our best players.
The kick off times are a joke.
The pricing of SPL games is far too high, especially for the OAP`S and Children ( the loyal and the future).
The structure of the league is boring.
The manager is non commital.

Phil MaGlass
19-07-2011, 11:09 AM
why can the club not make it a pay at the gate?
28 quid and on the box?

Peevemor
19-07-2011, 11:12 AM
why can the club not make it a pay at the gate?
28 quid and on the box?

I don't think the police allow pay at the gate for category A matches.

Latapy1911
19-07-2011, 11:48 AM
The reason I do not go back often is because we sell all our talent and keep the ****. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Why Sell Stokes, Bamba, Whittaker, Thompson, Sheils, Zemmama and Benji etc etc? Ok if the offer is great like what we got for Brown and Fletcher is understandable. But anyone with a little bit of talent gets sold. We would win the league and be in the CL every season if we kept the good players.

The quality on the park is awful, I honestly see better players at the World of Football. Our Players these days can't even do the basics and pass the ball 6 yards without ****ing up. And it tilts me to know they get £2000 a week+ for it. Professional Footballers... ha!

Countless Goal Keepers who can't kick the ball and come out and Catch the ball. Defenders who can't Defend a Simple Corner. Midfielders who can't pass and dribble and Stikers who can't Shoot. And Managers who are tactically clueless.

Lucius Apuleius
19-07-2011, 12:08 PM
Ah........If you've gone over to collect your £6,000,000 inheritance - I have some bad news for you.

:bye:Thats just the annual interest man. :greengrin

Jpdhfc
19-07-2011, 12:36 PM
Hi have not got season tickets for me and my son for the first time in ten years as he is sixteen and playing football on a Saturday afternoon now.Thought we would just go along an a Sunday or midweek game but at £28.00 for me and £17.00 for him we will just watch it on the box to dear for a game that's being beamed live into you're livingroom.

Brizo
19-07-2011, 12:46 PM
We struggled to compete with the worst of the rest in a poor and embarrasing league.
The players didn`t look interested at times.
The squad has been weakened, we`ve lost two of our best players.
The kick off times are a joke.
The pricing of SPL games is far too high, especially for the OAP`S and Children ( the loyal and the future).
The structure of the league is boring.
The manager is non commital.

:agree: In a nutshell or should that be various nutshells. Not renewed the ST and all these factors contributed to that decision.

ahibby
19-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Overpriced. Definitely not value for money. A feeling that while the club gets it right with their finances they get it wrong with the footballing side of things season after season. I've spent about five hundred quid on new guitar equipment recently which I get more joy and satisfaction from than going to watch a poor Hibs side (which is what I believe we have and have had for a while now). The club doesn't seem to appreciate that we as supporters or ex supporters have pride and some of the performances and results over the past few seasons have been embarassing. I remember the nineties when we were getting sick of it a bit like now a days and we were getting crowds of around 8k. A group of supporters complained to STF and he said come and support them and you will see a better side, the crowds rose to around 10-11k and we did see a better side but only after we were relegated. We need more of the same again now, minus the relegation. Since then we have sold the car park, brought in millions of pounds from player sales and compensation, seen some lucrative deals for sponsorship (Carlsberg et al), built a great new stadium and training facilities but........... other than that same old Hibs on the park. Think small and you will be small. I don't believe it's all the directorship's fault though. I blame partly TV, can't live with them and can't live without them but the changes they make to the schedule just p****** some people off. You could buy a ST in advance only to discover that you can't attend a good number of games because they have been switched to suit tv. Further the league is poor; maybe we were spoiled a few years back with money from Sky, which the TV company said wasn't value for their money hence they offered far less in the end. However, their money helped to improve the product up here, even if not to the standard they wanted/needed it was still very good for the fans, when you think of the likes of Sauzee and Latapy. All of that and maybe more.

just_joe
19-07-2011, 05:00 PM
I can honestly say I totally agree with you 100% with all reason's. I would like to add to the list that I dislike Calderwood. Most un-interested manager I have ever seen at Hibs. Say what you's want about Yogi but at least he actually cared. I can see us getting beat tonight aswell.

I live abroad.

Edit : One last point to add, with the expense of the game and life in general, and given the size of the stadium means a ticket is guaranteed, it is an easy choice for people now to pick and choose games.

Peevemor
19-07-2011, 05:07 PM
I can honestly say I totally agree with you 100% with all reason's. I would like to add to the list that I dislike Calderwood. Most un-interested manager I have ever seen at Hibs. Say what you's want about Yogi but at least he actually cared. I can see us getting beat tonight aswell.

And CC doesn't? Maybe he does but without all the stupid soundbites.

Beefster
19-07-2011, 05:12 PM

Ludicrous to suggest that Calderwood doesn't care. You'd have been as well saying "I don't like the way he is in interviews" because that is what you mean.

Skanko79
19-07-2011, 05:34 PM
Skank, do you not wish Hibs were fourth best in the world? Wot a dork.

Theres more chance of andy murray making it to number one than hibs being forth best in the world. what a silly, silly thing to come out with.

Cropley10
19-07-2011, 05:34 PM

Interesting that you think that no-one has made a single, sensible idea to improve the running of the Club. Which suggests you think everything is OK an can't be bettered.

Somehow I think that's unlikely - we finished a dismal 10th last year and we now have so much capacity at ER that there's little or no incentive to buy or renew a ST.

By definition then I'd suggest that things aren't so great and the people running the place need to come up with some new or better ideas?

Skanko79
19-07-2011, 05:38 PM
Ludicrous to suggest that Calderwood doesn't care. You'd have been as well saying "I don't like the way he is in interviews" because that is what you mean.

Take your green tinted specks of for a minute mate. the boy doesnt give 2 REMOVED hoots about our club. He is only interested in getting his move down south, he came up here thinking he had it in the bag, its a bit tougher than he expected and he's bottled it, he has the chance to go down south without getting the sack, something i guarantee will happen by december if he stays.

And i would also like to add i would have taken half the reported 300k forrest offered for him. In fact i probably would have offered them 300k to take him. He can do one.

Beefster
19-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Take your green tinted specks of for a minute mate. the boy doesnt give 2 REMOVED hoots about our club. He is only interested in getting his move down south, he came up here thinking he had it in the bag, its a bit tougher than he expected and he's bottled it, he has the chance to go down south without getting the sack, something i guarantee will happen by december if he stays.

And i would also like to add i would have taken half the reported 300k forrest offered for him. In fact i probably would have offered them 300k to take him. He can do one.

Any facts to back up the bit in bold? I like how you try dress your opinion up as fact but it's not fact, unfortunately.

just_joe
19-07-2011, 07:33 PM

Well said mate. A locked in the basement Stevie Wonder could see that the clown doesn't give a toss. Would never pay all that money for a season ticket to go towards that muppets pocket.

marinello59
19-07-2011, 07:46 PM
Well said mate. A locked in the basement Stevie Wonder could see that the clown doesn't give a toss. Would never pay all that money for a season ticket to go towards that muppets pocket.

Oh dear .

Lucius Apuleius
20-07-2011, 05:34 AM
Theres more chance of andy murray making it to number one than hibs being forth best in the world. what a silly, silly thing to come out with.

:blah::blah::blah:
Then why slag Murray off for being fourth best in the world? Would you slag Hibs if they had that distinction? Would we be gash? And definitely no more silly than your extremely childish pop at Murray.

Skanko79
20-07-2011, 05:41 AM
:blah::blah::blah:
Then why slag Murray off for being fourth best in the world? Would you slag Hibs if they had that distinction? Would we be gash? And definitely no more silly than your extremely childish pop at Murray.

Hibs are gash just now. We will be lucky to avoid a relegation scrap this season with the current crop of players if you cant see that then you just keep your green tinted specks on and enjoy the dissapointing season ahead. Dont get me wrong, i hope im proved wrong but just cant see it happening.

How is my opinion of Murray childish? its my opinion and no-one will change that, certainly not you, he is nothing more than another brittish tennis also ran. Are you another one of these Murray defenders that thinks he's the next best thing since sliced bread just because he "claims" to be a Hibs fan?

Peevemor
20-07-2011, 05:43 AM
Hibs are gash just now. We will be lucky to avoid a relegation scrap this season with the current crop of players if you cant see that then you just keep your green tinted specks on and enjoy the dissapointing season ahead. Dont get me wrong, i hope im proved wrong but just cant see it happening.

How is my opinion of Murray childish? its my opinion and no-one will change that, certainly not you, he is nothing more than another brittish tennis also ran. Are you another one of these Murray defenders that thinks he's the next best thing since sliced bread just because he "claims" to be a Hibs fan?

Why did you put "claims" in inverted commas?

Skanko79
20-07-2011, 05:45 AM
Why did you put "claims" in inverted commas?

Because i felt like it.

marinello59
20-07-2011, 05:46 AM

You seem like such a nice guy. :agree:

Skanko79
20-07-2011, 05:49 AM
You seem like such a nice guy. :agree:

Cheers mate. :wink:

Lucius Apuleius
20-07-2011, 05:51 AM

OMG. * alert. YOU slagged off Murray for being fourth best in the world. Called him gash. Simple question, if Hibs were fourth best would they be gash? No. Therefore Murray is not gash for being fourth. If you cannot see that then you are definitely not worth discussing it with. Nobody has said anything about him being a Hibs fan. I support him when he is playing tennis because he is a great Scottish sportsman. I support him because he comes from near where I come from. And grab this, I support him because he is the best we have in the UK. And by the way, I will enjoy my season ahead, as I always do, just fail to see the correlations you are making between my thoughts on Murray and Hibs.

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-07-2011, 06:07 AM
I think LA shouldve been given the chance to reply to that last skanko post before it was deleted.

Lucius Apuleius
20-07-2011, 06:17 AM
I think LA shouldve been given the chance to reply to that last skanko post before it was deleted.

Damn, never saw it. I guess I should not have called him what I did anyway. Bad word.

ManBearPig
20-07-2011, 12:26 PM

He is a lot more than an also ran. You clearly have a lack of knowledge or tennis. The man has already accomplished more tour tournament wins and made more semi and finals than any brit in past 40 years or so. The man is a clear tennis talent.

Your lack of tennis knowledge is only matched by your arrogance and spitefulness towards the football club you choose to support.

We have all been disappointed recently but lets put the SUPPORT back into Hibernian. Fresh season and all.

Dunbar Hibee
20-07-2011, 12:33 PM
Because i felt like it.

Well aren't you the big man.

seven nowt
20-07-2011, 12:57 PM
I've never owned a season ticket, so I will watch as many matches as I can on ESPN and the rest on BBC Sport or Radio and obviously a possibility of going to a few.

~~~~~
l . . . . .l
( .x x. )
( . < . .)
( . :dummytit: . )
\_____/
/. HOM.\

edwards
20-07-2011, 01:46 PM

Couldn't agree more with blackpoolhibs, our support had the stuffing knocked out them last season with the way we played and some of the dross who extracted a wage out of us for impersonating a football player.
Even in our last game against Aberdeen we looked dreadful defensively. Hopefully with the introduction of O'Hanlon this will improve.
Having this carry on with Calderwood preseason and this weekly I won't be going anywhere until the fee has been agreed P1sh has sickened most of the support and a lot of the support appear disinterested.
We are now approaching our new league campaign with a manager who really doesn't want to be there and Petrie needs to get this sorted out now and a few more punters might stick their hand in their pocket and get a season ticket.

TheDude
20-07-2011, 03:54 PM
The lack luster attendance can be attributed to a number of elements:

A low expectation of the playing squad, little confidence in a want-away manager, shrinking disposlable income for most supporters, the high cost of attending Easter Road (along with of course many other football stadiums), Sky offering higher quality football on at the same time (football that fans have already forked out a subscription of £40ish to view) and being in Edinburgh your never stuck for alternative ways to spend your weekends.

Going to watch football is an expensive hobby and I'd rather be in the position to pick and choose which games I go to.

ManBearPig
21-07-2011, 08:04 AM
The lack luster attendance can be attributed to a number of elemets: A low expectation of the playing squad, little confidence in a want-away manager, shrinking disposlable income for most supporters, the high cost of attending Easter Road (along with course many other football stadiums), Sky offering higher quality football on at the same time (football that fans have already forked out a subscription of £40ish to view) and being in Edinburgh your never stuck for alternative ways to spend your weekends.

Going to watch football is an expensive hobby and I'd rather be in the position to pick and choose which games I go to.

I think youve hit the nail on the head dude. Also added cost of people ruining your rug and ten pin bowling.:wink:

Joe Baker II
21-07-2011, 09:03 AM
Have bought a season ticket for Cowdenbeath instead this season having enjoyed the 3 games I went to there last year, advantage is virtually all games are 3 pm kick offs and proper terracing (for the moment at least at Cowden). And also plan buying season ticket for an East of Scotland league team.

To be fair to Hibernian FC it is one of the few SPL grounds where you can still stand in the new East Stand if you really want to - although the stewarding toward the end of the 2009/10 season gave impression this would not be case and put me off buying season ticket for last season.

So I will still be picking and choosing my games to attend ER and will certainly go to all the cup games home or away - but a game that costs £28 for a 1230 kick off in a ground not likely to be nearly full does not appeal that much, as many posters are indicating.

I think one can buy tickets in ticket office up to kick off so not sure lack of pay at gate facility really a factor in what crowd will be- but if club really thought about making it convenient for fans they would have cash gate and lobby police strongly if any resistance - there have been cash gates for Category A games in recent times so it is not a no-no.

bpw
21-07-2011, 09:08 AM
1230 kicks off just do not appeal to me, particularly when prices are not reduced accordingly. No longer have season ticket as realised buying one just encourages clubs to treat you with complete contempt.

marinello59
21-07-2011, 10:15 AM
1230 kicks off just do not appeal to me, particularly when prices are not reduced accordingly. No longer have season ticket as realised buying one just encourages clubs to treat you with complete contempt.

It's true. Ever since I renewed I have had club directors following me around screaming abuse at me.

Phil MaGlass
21-07-2011, 10:35 AM
28 flippin quid,
for a game thats on the box and played at 12.30.
Has the world gone REMOVED mad?
Still cannae get over it,
Jings,Crivvens help ma Boab:shocked:
Wake up and smell the coffee.
We should be doing our damndest to shift all those tickets that wont be sold, give them to schools, kids fitba clubs, underprivelaged kids etc... theres absolutely no excuse for not filling the stadium.
ABSOLUTELY NONE

FromTheCapital
21-07-2011, 03:09 PM
I usually work on a Saturday, but I'll try to get to games that I can.

:cgwa