PDA

View Full Version : Hibs approach Sofia

frazeHFC
18-07-2011, 08:05 AM
Daily Record saying we made a bid to CSKA Sofia last night for Sheridan.

Hope at last!

SouthMoroccoStu
18-07-2011, 08:54 AM
Daily Record saying we made a bid to CSKA Sofia last night for Sheridan.

Hope at last!

:top marks Happy dancing if true!

Rivers Cuomo
18-07-2011, 08:57 AM
:pray:

Cabbage East
18-07-2011, 09:03 AM
The Daily Record...

Speedway
18-07-2011, 09:07 AM
Do you think that Sheridan is actually going to go down the left?

We don't have a quality left sided midfielder and if CC is going to play the 4-5-1 Christmas tree that he appears to be favouring, Sheridan could do a Vaz Te for us on that side.

Stack

O'Hanlon Hanlon
Towell Booth

Palsson
Thornhill Murray
Sproule Sheridan

GO'C

erin go bragh
18-07-2011, 09:34 AM
Do you think that Sheridan is actually going to go down the left?

We don't have a quality left sided midfielder and if CC is going to play the 4-5-1 Christmas tree that he appears to be favouring, Sheridan could do a Vaz Te for us on that side.

Stack

O'Hanlon Hanlon
Towell Booth

Palsson
Thornhill Murray
Sproule Sheridan

GO'C
Towell ? do you know something we dont speedway :dunno:
ggtth

essexhibee
18-07-2011, 09:37 AM
BBC Gossip Page ...

Striker Cillian Sheridan will return to CSKA Sofia after being unable to seal a loan deal at Hibernian. (Various)

Personally dont think this is going to happen.

Manxhibs
18-07-2011, 09:41 AM
Looks like young Crawford and maybe handling will be getting some game time then, may work out great!

Speedway
18-07-2011, 09:51 AM
One thing is for sure, we need to get Sheridan in as Agogo is off down to Brum on Wednesday.

Jack
18-07-2011, 09:55 AM
I’m sure if any sort of agreement had been reached between Hibs and the player CS would have been quoted more positively as ‘returning to Hibs’. All this faffing about, when we’re already upto our necks in faff, is rather tedious.

Hibs7
18-07-2011, 09:55 AM
One thing is for sure, we need to get Sheridan in as Agogo is off down to Brum on Wednesday.

what do you think the chances are ?

Speedway
18-07-2011, 09:56 AM
what do you think the chances are ?

Of Sheridan coming in?

Hibs7
18-07-2011, 09:57 AM
Of Sheridan coming in?

Yeah, should have said that.:rolleyes:

R'Albin
18-07-2011, 10:02 AM

They aren't sounding great anyway:rolleyes:

The_Exile
18-07-2011, 10:06 AM
Apprently we've only offered him about 10% of the wage he's getting just now, £1400 a week, don't know what the point in the trial was to be honest if he's on over 10k a week at Sofia?!!

Sean1875
18-07-2011, 10:08 AM
Apprently we've only offered him about 10% of the wage he's getting just now, £1400 a week, don't know what the point in the trial was to be honest if he's on over 10k a week at Sofia?!!

Cant even blame him for wanting to return to Sofia if that is the wages were offering, reckon CS could be a brilliant signing for us so to offer him wages like that is ridiculous, surely we can do better than that? :bitchy:

The_Exile
18-07-2011, 10:13 AM
Well, I wouldn't take it as red that that was the figure he's been offered as it's just "gossip" as it were, but at the same time, I feel if he is on over 10k a week overe there, then everybodys time has been wasted as there's no way we could match what he'll probably be after, even if he dropped his wages by half we'd need 5, 6, 7k?

steakbake
18-07-2011, 10:19 AM
I'm pretty sure that Hibs will have known and will not have wasted time on taking an expensive player for a test-drive if they didn't think there was a realistic chance they could land him. Equally, I very much doubt Sheridan would have wasted his time on a trial with Hibs (as opposed to going elsewhere) if he didn't think there was some possibility. I'd imagine that before a player is taken on trial, sums are at least discussed. In an interview over the weekend, CC talked about the "parameters" of the offer which in other words, is the money on offer.

Give the club some credit. It's amazing the board just don't resign en masse and just let some of us run the club. Clearly, we're much more business minded than any of those clowns...

The_Exile
18-07-2011, 10:40 AM
What could we offer the lad though? Maximum, 3, 4k? If he's willing to drop that much then fair play to him, taking a massive cut to kick start his career again, respect! I'm not having a go at the board, I just don't see the logic in getting guys on trial who financially we have no hope of persuading to come here, as I say though, fair play to the lad if he's willing to take the cut and kick on.

blackpoolhibs
18-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Before he even stepped into easter road, his agent and the player would have known roughly what the club could offer. Sheridan made the decision to come on trial, he might have had other offers since, but he will have come to Hibs knowing what we pay.

Ed De Gramo
18-07-2011, 11:16 AM
Luke Shanley says that 1 other SPL is interested.....wonder who that may be

GloryGlory
18-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Luke Shanley says that 1 other SPL is interested.....wonder who that may be

St Johnstone?

Wheat Hound
18-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Luke Shanley says that 1 other SPL is interested.....wonder who that may be Probably Hertz.

GloryGlory
18-07-2011, 11:19 AM
What could we offer the lad though? Maximum, 3, 4k? If he's willing to drop that much then fair play to him, taking a massive cut to kick start his career again, respect! I'm not having a go at the board, I just don't see the logic in getting guys on trial who financially we have no hope of persuading to come here, as I say though, fair play to the lad if he's willing to take the cut and kick on.

Since CSKA are in financial difficulties (allegedly) and not able to pay his wages (allegedly) will he actually be taking much of a cut?

beebhfc
18-07-2011, 11:28 AM
what a mess we are in when we cant even sign sheridan . whats happened to us.

GreenPJ
18-07-2011, 11:35 AM
The laddie is on 14k if we are able to secure him on a fraction of that we have done really well

blackpoolhibs
18-07-2011, 11:37 AM

:faf::faf:

persevere1875
18-07-2011, 11:38 AM

And this startling and unfounded observation is based on what exactly ??

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-07-2011, 11:47 AM

:trumpet::kbacker::yamlaugh::brokenyam:

Diclonius
18-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Probably Hertz.

They don't pay transfer fees. Won't be them.

Speedway
18-07-2011, 12:07 PM

Pretty high. Player wants to sign, club wants rid and Hibs want to do a deal. Everyone knew what was on the table before they started because otherwise, the agent would be fired for wasting his client's time and exposing him to potential injury.

Think there's a 70% chance we'll bring him in by Thursday.

Hibs7
18-07-2011, 12:19 PM
Pretty high. Player wants to sign, club wants rid and Hibs want to do a deal. Everyone knew what was on the table before they started because otherwise, the agent would be fired for wasting his client's time and exposing him to potential injury.

Think there's a 70% chance we'll bring him in by Thursday.

Cheers, you are not normally far off the mark, would be a very good signing if it goes through.

Keith_M
18-07-2011, 12:36 PM
I thought this was another manager related thread. CC has left the building and Hibs approach Sofia.... Loren.

(awaits endless corny jokes about bringing two prominent targets up front :greengrin )

Speedway
18-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Cheers, you are not normally far off the mark, would be a very good signing if it goes through.

No inside knowledge by the way so I could be so far off the mark that the mark is no longer visible but I think the deal looks positive and I think it will happen.

Speedway
18-07-2011, 12:39 PM
I thought this was another manager related thread. CC has left the building and Hibs approach Sofia.... Loren.

(awaits endless corny jokes about bringing two prominent targets up front :greengrin )

No chance, jokes like that would just attract the knockers.

Jim44
18-07-2011, 12:54 PM
Before he even stepped into easter road, his agent and the player would have known roughly what the club could offer. Sheridan made the decision to come on trial, he might have had other offers since, but he will have come to Hibs knowing what we pay.

What Hibs were able to pay is irrelevant to someone looking for a club but stuck somewhere out of the limelight. The opportunity to perform in a shop window and attract attention from other clubs would have been the reason for coming here.

Aldo
18-07-2011, 01:18 PM
St Johnstone?

GG

if perth saints sign CS ahead of us then we are in deep Doo Doo IMHO. We are a far bigger club than
them, I get this from the size of ground, ST and general turnover.

CS wants to come back to Scotland and we have 1st refusal. We need 2 x strikers asap and if we dont get him in
then we are in for a very very long Season with only 1 recognised 1st team ST in GOC.

Would like to think that we have an argeement in place by the weekend for him to play against Smellic. (Hoping anyway)

Macaroon
18-07-2011, 01:26 PM
BBC Gossip Page ...

Personally dont think this is going to happen.

The key word there is loan though. We couldnt secure a loan and so this report is saying we have made an approach to buy him.

At The Edge
18-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Poster on Hibs Mad has said that Hibs have made a £200,000 bid for Sheridan? being reported on BBC Radio Scotland?

500miles
18-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Hibs will do their usual with high earning players like Sheridan and offer a big signing on fee in return for a diminished wage.

PatHead
18-07-2011, 02:28 PM
Hibs will do their usual with high earning players like Sheridan and offer a big signing on fee in return for a diminished wage.

Maybe explains a lot of the Hibs performances last year. Players already got their money so don't give a damn. Maybe about time we moved to an incentive based contract similar to Dundee United when players get money based on results.

James70
18-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Our wages bill wouldn't be very high if it was mainly based on win bonuses! :greengrin

Aldo
18-07-2011, 03:52 PM
Poster on Hibs Mad has said that Hibs have made a £200,000 bid for Sheridan? being reported on BBC Radio Scotland?

Would be surprised to see this if true however RP must see a potential winner in CS...only 22 still to reach his prime etc and could make him a healthy profit....so a change of heart maybe it is true (but can we see rodders parting with that cash??)

You never know and TBH would be an excellent addition to the squad and CC knows it.

Arch Stanton
18-07-2011, 04:37 PM
Would be surprised to see this if true however RP must see a potential winner in CS...only 22 still to reach his prime etc and could make him a healthy profit....so a change of heart maybe it is true (but can we see rodders parting with that cash??)

You never know and TBH would be an excellent addition to the squad and CC knows it.

But it isn't to do with Rod spending the money - it is about how CC wants to use his budget.

Hibiza
18-07-2011, 04:47 PM
Sign him. none of this loan p1sh. :flag:

Bayern Bru
18-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Maybe explains a lot of the Hibs performances last year. Players already got their money so don't give a damn. Maybe about time we moved to an incentive based contract similar to Dundee United when players get money based on results.

Often thought Liam Miller fitted this bill. Mouse-hearted performances and more bottle than an Oddbins in 50-50 challenges made me wonder if he had just picked up the bulk of the cash and wasn't too taken with the possibility of injuring himself.
Not a dig at a player who's gone, just a thought that might explain it.

Cropley10
19-07-2011, 08:07 AM
Our wages bill wouldn't be very high if it was mainly based on win bonuses! :greengrin

Problem is moving to a heavily incentive based system means it's very difficult to budget for wages and income doesn't rise in the same way

Didn't Hearts double win bonuses for each consecutive win?

Speedway
19-07-2011, 08:24 AM
I think if Agogo can even demonstrate that he can stand up tonight, he's got himself a deal.

Hibs7
19-07-2011, 08:35 AM
I think if Agogo can even demonstrate that he can stand up tonight, he's got himself a deal.

Now doesn't that say a lot about the standard of player we are bringing in, would rather spend more on Sheridan.

frazeHFC
19-07-2011, 08:37 AM
I think if Agogo can even demonstrate that he can stand up tonight, he's got himself a deal. I thought CC said that he would not be playing?

marinello59
19-07-2011, 08:37 AM
Now doesn't that say a lot about the standard of player we are bringing in, would rather spend more on Sheridan.

Sheridan would indeed be an excellent signing.
As for Agogo I have no idea as I have no recollection of ever seeing him play. Have you?

Speedway
19-07-2011, 08:47 AM
I thought CC said that he would not be playing?

I was just setting it up for a Nish joke.

My understanding is that Agogo didn't have clearance to play on Saturday but is a free agent and has nowhere else he needs to be and therefore if we have clearance, he should play. What else would be the point of having him on trial. He played for CC at NF and so CC wanted to see him in match action because he knows everything else about him.

frazeHFC
19-07-2011, 08:47 AM
Now doesn't that say a lot about the standard of player we are bringing in, would rather spend more on Sheridan. Agogo's goal record for Bristol Rovers and Notts Forest is impressive, and the Charlton fan on here says he was a big dangerman for opposition. He has a decent reputation, so why rule him out already as not good enough?

Hibs7
19-07-2011, 08:50 AM
Probably because of his age, would prefer Sheridan.

frazeHFC
19-07-2011, 08:51 AM
Probably because of his age, would prefer Sheridan. First you said standard of player. :wink: I would rather Sheridan too though.