PDA

View Full Version : Cillian Sheridan returns to Sofia/Fails To Agree Terms According To SSN

R'Albin
17-07-2011, 11:12 PM
http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Cillian-Sheridan-returns-to-Sofia.6803190.jp Doesn't sound like he's gonna be signing then, disappointed with that.

Bayern Bru
17-07-2011, 11:19 PM
I'd like this particular nugget dissected further:

"We've lost goals in Riordan and to a certain extent John Rankin so there is a big gap to be filled but we'll have people trying to do that."

He scored 6 goals in 124 games for the club. Prolific, he ain't. So did CC really say that, has someone got the wrong name or has CC lost the plot entirely?

Gutted about CS though....unless he's gone back to Sofia to negotiate leaving... :pray:

Baldy Foghorn
17-07-2011, 11:30 PM

"We've lost goals in Riordan and to a certain extent John Rankin so there is a big gap to be filled but we'll have people trying to do that."

He scored 6 goals in 124 games for the club. Prolific, he ain't. So did CC really say that, has someone got the wrong name or has CC lost the plot entirely?

Gutted about CS though....unless he's gone back to Sofia to negotiate leaving... :pray:

I actually think he is losing the plot...... All this speculation must be getting to him....

SmokieJoe
17-07-2011, 11:47 PM

Either sorting out personal stuff or signing for Brum/Forrest?

I do hope its the former.

matty_f
17-07-2011, 11:47 PM
I actually think he is losing the plot...... All this speculation must be getting to him....

He maybe just has a very dry sense of humour and threw that in for the banter.

Baldy Foghorn
17-07-2011, 11:51 PM
He maybe just has a very dry sense of humour and threw that in for the banter.

Possibly, hard to tell from a newspaper interview, maybe if reporter had written "he said jokingly" it would have helped.

matty_f
17-07-2011, 11:53 PM
Possibly, hard to tell from a newspaper interview, maybe if reporter had written "he said jokingly" it would have helped.

I wisnae being serious mate, think you were closer to the mark with your theory!:greengrin

smurf
18-07-2011, 02:04 AM
Sun quoting the player keen to return and would be a six month loan deal. At least that's what I think I saw...

Last Minute
18-07-2011, 04:57 AM
http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Cillian-Sheridan-returns-to-Sofia.6803190.jp Doesn't sound like he's gonna be signing then, disappointed with that.

FFS Hibs :devil:

Prawn Sandwich
18-07-2011, 05:47 AM
Sun quoting the player keen to return and would be a six month loan deal. At least that's what I think I saw...

Yes that's what they said. http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3700300/Game-off-but-Cillian-deal-still-on.html

NYHibby
18-07-2011, 06:50 AM
Sun quoting the player keen to return and would be a six month loan deal. At least that's what I think I saw...At this point, I'd settle for a six month loan. It would at least provide us with cover until the next transfer window and give the club time to figure out what is going on.

persevere1875
18-07-2011, 07:38 AM
Away home and pack your stuff son, sort out any loose ends and we'll see you on Thursday just in time for the season to start, does anyone really think he'll have come over prepared and ready to stay for any longer than the trial ??

Jim44
18-07-2011, 02:24 PM
Away home and pack your stuff son, sort out any loose ends and we'll see you on Thursday just in time for the season to start, does anyone really think he'll have come over prepared and ready to stay for any longer than the trial ??

Probably not, but a successful outcome would almost certainly have prompted more positive comments. Nothing like a pint, half full, however. I hope you're right.

persevere1875
18-07-2011, 03:52 PM
Probably not, but a successful outcome would almost certainly have prompted more positive comments. Nothing like a pint, half full, however. I hope you're right.

Positive comments on hibs.net, at the moment ? really ??:wink:

Jim44
18-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Positive comments on hibs.net, at the moment ? really ??:wink:

Actually, I was thinking more of positive comments in the media.

R'Albin
18-07-2011, 05:55 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14189178.stm

Fails to agree deal apparently.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-07-2011, 06:55 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14189178.stmFails to agree deal apparently. I know it says was updated tonight but I could have sworn that this was the update from yesterday? Caching issue on my iphone? Or a beeb clanger?

Cropley10
18-07-2011, 07:09 PM

That's a real shame. Sort of player who'd have excited the fans. Have to say I never thought he would sign.

Jim44
18-07-2011, 08:15 PM

I think we're getting mixed messages. The Sun has actual quote marks whereas the BBC only reports the facts as they interpret them. I'm sure Petrie can sort out a loan deal.

Sir David Gray
18-07-2011, 08:54 PM
Oh well, it'll just need to be a 4-5-1 on Sunday! :agree:

Just hope nothing happens to O'Connor in the first few weeks or we're knackered.

Jonnyboy
18-07-2011, 08:56 PM

Just hope nothing happens to O'Connor in the first few minutes or we're knackered.

Fixed that for you FH :wink:

Sir David Gray
18-07-2011, 09:06 PM
Fixed that for you FH :wink:

Very true!

If he has to go off on Sunday, Calderwood will need to phone up Craig Levein to ask him on the merits of a 4-6-0. :greengrin

CapitalHibs
18-07-2011, 09:09 PM

Just hope nothing happens to O'Connor in the first few weeks or we're knackered.

Well, David Stephens can play up front - or am I grasping at straws:greengrin

Speedway
18-07-2011, 09:13 PM
That news is two days old. He was going back to Sofia after two matches regardless. Now conversations have begun.

R'Albin
18-07-2011, 10:01 PM
That news is two days old. He was going back to Sofia after two matches regardless. Now conversations have begun. Cheers SW, the news bit of the forum was saying it was new?:confused:

Viva_Palmeiras
18-07-2011, 10:16 PM
That news is two days old. He was going back to Sofia after two matches regardless. Now conversations have begun. Thanks that's what I was reckoning Bbc slackers

mcfly
18-07-2011, 10:17 PM
seems to me our "as always silent board" who in my view just take the fans for granted are getting off scot free this transfer window.

CC is getting all the stick yet he has only brought in 3 players.

we have 1 fit striker for the celtic game - tell me how are we lining up if GOC gets injured in the 1st 10 mins??

15 players have left so we must have saved a fortune in wages - why no new faces???

season tickets are down yet silence is the way these guys do things. they should be taking the flak not CC.

get behind the team and the manager - he is doing his best with the resources available

The fans deserve better than this board are providing - yes the infrastructure is great but the team aint and if that doesnt improve crowds will lessen even more and as always panic will set in.

matty_f
18-07-2011, 10:20 PM
seems to me our "as always silent board" who in my view just take the fans for granted are getting off scot free this transfer window.

we have 1 fit striker for the celtic game - tell me how are we lining up if GOC gets injured in the 1st 10 mins??

15 players have left so we must have saved a fortune in wages - why no new faces???

season tickets are down yet silence is the way these guys do things. they should be taking the flak not CC.

get behind the team and the manager - he is doing his best with the resources available

The fans deserve better than this board are providing - yes the infrastructure is great but the team aint and if that doesnt improve crowds will lessen even more and as always panic will set in.

I'm no Carol Vorderman or that, but I'm guessing those two things might be related. Mind Calderwood said that every penny that came in from season tickets would get invested in the team? Well, it looks like not that many folk wanted to see new players, so we're struggling to get more in.

3pm
18-07-2011, 10:27 PM
I'm no Carol Vorderman or that, but I'm guessing those two things might be related. Mind Calderwood said that every penny that came in from season tickets would get invested in the team? Well, it looks like not that many folk wanted to see new players, so we're struggling to get more in.

Do you think people are just going to pitch up and pay in excess of £400 for a season ticket after that pish last year. Fans have done their bit for the last 6 seasons, now it's time for the board to reciprocate. What a mess.

Mon Dieu4
18-07-2011, 10:28 PM

I am also no Carol Vorderman, but shirley 16 or so players out and 3 in means there are funds kicking about

Removed
18-07-2011, 10:32 PM
Do you think people are just going to pitch up and pay in excess of £400 for a season ticket after that pish last year. Fans have done their bit for the last 6 seasons, now it's time for the board to reciprocate. What a mess. Which takes us right back to Baldy Foghorns thread a few weeks ago :agree:The ball has to be in the boards court imo. It's what they do with it now that will define our season.

mcfly
18-07-2011, 10:32 PM

there must be money available - isnt it wiser to get the players in early and blend them rather than at end of transfer window and it takes them 3 months to settle.

we need a good start to bring fans back - fans are already baying for CC and in my view he could be a really good manager for us if given the funds.

PatHead
18-07-2011, 10:34 PM

Could the board have been waiting on Calderwood committing to the club before giving him money? (funny how trialists have appeared since speculation died down). Perhaps they didn't want any new manager to be stuck with players he didn't want.

Hopefully it will now be full steam ahead.

Jonnyboy
18-07-2011, 10:37 PM

So it's the fans to blame then?

The ST money being invested in the team ain't a new concept by the Board and certainly in the past it's not just been ST money that's been spent on bringing new players in.

I struggle to see why there's little or no money for CC to spend when you look at the number of players no longer on the wage bill and set it against the three that have arrived.

It's a chicken and egg situation I guess. Fewr quality signings = less interest from the fans = fewer quality signings

3pm
18-07-2011, 10:40 PM
Which takes us right back to Baldy Foghorns thread a few weeks ago :agree:The ball has to be in the boards court imo. It's what they do with it now that will define our season.

I agree with Steven to an extent mate but not entirely.

However, to release all those players (which was part of the grand plan) and bring in 3 and have 2 forwards on the books (1 fit) is f***** abysmal. We'll get the same 4 or 5 on here who refuse to criticise the board. Between the board, over a number of years, and Colin Calderwood I cannot remember a football team being so poorly prepared for the beginning of a season.

Removed
18-07-2011, 10:51 PM
I agree with Steven to an extent mate but not entirely.However, to release all those players (which was part of the grand plan) and bring in 3 and have 2 forwards on the books (1 fit) is f***** abysmal. We'll get the same 4 or 5 on here who refuse to criticise the board. Between the board, over a number of years, and Colin Calderwood I cannot remember a football team being so poorly prepared for the beginning of a season. Why would anyone refuse to criticise the board if its done with the right motive :confused:They're not perfect like any of the rest of us and whilst they have had plenty credit when its deserved nobody should be surprised if they get a bit of stick just now.

Baldy Foghorn
18-07-2011, 10:51 PM

The ST money being invested in the team ain't a new concept by the Board and certainly in the past it's not just been ST money that's been spent on bringing new players in.

I struggle to see why there's little or no money for CC to spend when you look at the number of players no longer on the wage bill and set it against the three that have arrived.

It's a chicken and egg situation I guess. Fewr quality signings = less interest from the fans = fewer quality signings

Agree Jonnyboy...............:agree:

matty_f
18-07-2011, 10:53 PM
I am also no Carol Vorderman, but shirley 16 or so players out and 3 in means there are funds kicking about

I don't know - poor league placing, no cup runs, low season tickets, low gates last season - the turnover will, IMHO, be a lot less, and we were already stretching the wages/turnover ratio, so my guess is that there is nowhere near the money that was available last season, unless you can think of where we're making up that deficit?

Baldy Foghorn
18-07-2011, 10:54 PM
I agree with Steven to an extent mate but not entirely.

However, to release all those players (which was part of the grand plan) and bring in 3 and have 2 forwards on the books (1 fit) is f***** abysmal. We'll get the same 4 or 5 on here who refuse to criticise the board. Between the board, over a number of years, and Colin Calderwood I cannot remember a football team being so poorly prepared for the beginning of a season.

Totally agree with bit in bold.....God help us if GOC gets injured........ Just say for example he picks up a knock against Falkirk tomorrow, we really would be donald ducked in terms of goals..........

Baldy Foghorn
18-07-2011, 10:57 PM
I don't know - poor league placing, no cup runs, low season tickets, low gates last season - the turnover will, IMHO, be a lot less, and we were already stretching the wages/turnover ratio, so my guess is that there is nowhere near the money that was available last season, unless you can think of where we're making up that deficit?

It's the Boards responsibility to generate interest in season tickets, thus increasing revenue......They are failing on a grand scale on this matter for me at present........

matty_f
18-07-2011, 10:59 PM
Why would anyone refuse to criticise the board if its done with the right motive :confused:They're not perfect like any of the rest of us and whilst they have had plenty credit when its deserved nobody should be surprised if they get a bit of stick just now.

The board are not blameless by any stretch of the imagination.

It surely doesn't take Stephen Hawkins to work out though, that from a position last year where we just turned a profit, to one this year where our income will (IMHO) be considerably down at that point, that keeping costs the same is simply not feasible.

We are bound to have plenty business people on these forums, many with their own companies - what action do you think they'd be taken if turnover was so markedly down? There has to be money there to be able to spend it.

There are funds available though, again it comes down to how much folk want to take stock of what people at the club have actually said on the matter. CC said that he wanted to get some players in early, but he'd do more business at the end of the window because you got better value for money. He's done that - got 3 in early, is trying to get others in just now and has budget for the end of the window.

HibsMax
18-07-2011, 10:59 PM
While the board said that all money from ST sales would go to the manager for signings, I assume that was supposed to be on top of whatever budget was already in place. Don't know how much that is / was but how much have we spent this off-season? Hopefully there are some more new faces before the window slams shut. Best case scenario would be to have everyone in place before the first game of the season but a close second is filling all the gaps THIS window, even after the season has started. A distant last place is no more signings, that would be brutal.

I just hope things are happening in the background and that the process hasn't ground to a complete stop.

For every 1,000 season tickets the club sells, that's 400,000 UKP. Quite a decent chunk of change. Is it the sum total of season ticket sales that is supposed to go to the manager or the proceeds (if the numbers are different)?
1,000 STs = 400,000
2,000 = 800,000
3,000 = 1,200,000
4,000 = 1,600,000
10,000 = 4,000,000

Seems like there should be money to spend. Hopefully the club are just being cautious and trying to avoid buying players that we need to offload 12 months later.

matty_f
18-07-2011, 11:02 PM
It's the Boards responsibility to generate interest in season tickets, thus increasing revenue......They are failing on a grand scale on this matter for me at present........

Clearly they are, because whatever they are trying is failing. We wanted some ambitious signings - I'd call Sproule and O'Connor ambitious, particularly the latter.

We wanted the board to show ambition, they've done so (IMHO) by holding on to a manager that they rate highly enough to knock back considerable compensation offers (if the papers are to be believed).

However, even after that it's not enough. I don't know what else they can do. They could sign another couple of players tomorrow and it would still not be enough for some, IMHO.

Saorsa
18-07-2011, 11:06 PM

It's a chicken and egg situation I guess. Fewr quality signings = less interest from the fans = fewer quality signingsalways is, we never give enough :agree: Last season I only gave Hibs about £800 quid in one way or another. This season I have only spent £405 on my ST, donating another £85 tae kick for kids and today spent £70 on two tops I dinnae even particularly like. That's only 560 quid before a ball is kicked. I'll need tae see what I can sell and dip in tae my savings so I can give some more.

Mon Dieu4
18-07-2011, 11:06 PM

No doubt the money we brought in will have been less, however you seem pretty optimistic about the way things are going, so in that regard you must think that we will have better cup runs & league position this season, so wont they in the end pay for themselves?

It is Hibs job to get the punters through the doors, I know the transfer window is open til the end of August, but a couple of decent signings now could make a few folk who are on the fence just now go out and buy a season ticket, I think it is worth the risk as apart from seing Garry and Ivan back we have not had much to get excited about

Baldy Foghorn
18-07-2011, 11:08 PM
Clearly they are, because whatever they are trying is failing. We wanted some ambitious signings - I'd call Sproule and O'Connor ambitious, particularly the latter.

We wanted the board to show ambition, they've done so (IMHO) by holding on to a manager that they rate highly enough to knock back considerable compensation offers (if the papers are to be believed).

However, even after that it's not enough. I don't know what else they can do. They could sign another couple of players tomorrow and it would still not be enough for some, IMHO.

You would call Sproule and O'Connor ambitious signings, whereas I wouldn't.....These were made with the intention of trying to think fans would buy into bringing two decent ex-players back, however IMO it is not enough......Our squad is badly lacking real quality, therefore product on the park will likely suffer again, unless some real decent quality signings are added before window slams shut.....

Removed
18-07-2011, 11:09 PM
The board are not blameless by any stretch of the imagination. It surely doesn't take Stephen Hawkins to work out though, that from a position last year where we just turned a profit, to one this year where our income will (IMHO) be considerably down at that point, that keeping costs the same is simply not feasible. We are bound to have plenty business people on these forums, many with their own companies - what action do you think they'd be taken if turnover was so markedly down? There has to be money there to be able to spend it. See Brockie's previous post (11:57) for the answer.Fife Hyland told me that he thinks we can fill the ground. He's the marketing expert and a fair number of folk, like myself, have renewed with a decent early incentive but I don't see much action to get those that haven't renewed or generate new st holders. Is it that I am not looking in the right places? What do you think they are doing that some of us are missing?

matty_f
18-07-2011, 11:13 PM
always is, we never give enough :agree: Last season I only gave Hibs about £800 quid in one way or another. This season I have only spent £405 on my ST, donating another £85 tae kick for kids and today spent £70 on two tops I dinnae even particularly like. That's only 560 quid before a ball is kicked. I'll need tae see what I can sell and dip in tae my savings so I can give some more.

That's great that you spend that on the club, I'm not being sarcastic, it genuinely is. The problem is that there are not enough people like you that either have the money to spend, or are prepared to spend it for whatever reason. I'm not having a go at folk, there are a million and one reasons why folk wouldn't buy a season ticket, especially in the financial climate we're in now.

But that £800 doesn't go far at all in football, and I'm sure at the AGM the board pointed to the fact that the average season ticket holder paid about £12 a game - and that really doesn't go that far!

No doubt the money we brought in will have been less, however you seem pretty optimistic about the way things are going, so in that regard you must think that we will have better cup runs & league position this season, so wont they in the end pay for themselves?

It is Hibs job to get the punters through the doors, I know the transfer window is open til the end of August, but a couple of decent signings now could make a few folk who are on the fence just now go out and buy a season ticket, I think it is worth the risk as apart from seing Garry and Ivan back we have not had much to get excited about

The last point you make highlights one of the points that I'm getting at - it's never enough. Garry and Ivan back - great, but we want more. O'Hanlon in to help the defence, aye, good we need that, but we want more.

CC has already signed 6 players prior to this window. He's signed practically a whole team, and while he's released many more, a lot of those players were nowhere near the first team by the time they left. If you include players that CC has re-signed, he's over 11 players.

Still not enough, though! :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
18-07-2011, 11:18 PM
That's great that you spend that on the club, I'm not being sarcastic, it genuinely is. The problem is that there are not enough people like you that either have the money to spend, or are prepared to spend it for whatever reason. I'm not having a go at folk, there are a million and one reasons why folk wouldn't buy a season ticket, especially in the financial climate we're in now.

But that £800 doesn't go far at all in football, and I'm sure at the AGM the board pointed to the fact that the average season ticket holder paid about £12 a game - and that really doesn't go that far!

The last point you make highlights one of the points that I'm getting at - it's never enough. Garry and Ivan back - great, but we want more. O'Hanlon in to help the defence, aye, good we need that, but we want more.

CC has already signed 6 players prior to this window. He's signed practically a whole team, and while he's released many more, a lot of those players were nowhere near the first team by the time they left. If you include players that CC has re-signed, he's over 11 players.

So we dont have a right-back issue, and it is not concerning to only have 1 fit striker in situ then?:confused:

matty_f
18-07-2011, 11:21 PM
See Brockie's previous post (11:57) for the answer.Fife Hyland told me that he thinks we can fill the ground. He's the marketing expert and a fair number of folk, like myself, have renewed with a decent early incentive but I don't see much action to get those that haven't renewed or generate new st holders. Is it that I am not looking in the right places? What do you think they are doing that some of us are missing?

I don't know what you're missing Billy. You see the same as me, I presume.

I think the board don't actually need to be making signings to get fans back, IMHO the quality of the squad and the level of signings are not the root cause of the apathy.

To get season tickets shifted the board need to do something to engage with the fans. Fans who are disenfranchised with the club, who aren't feeling the whole 'Hibernian Family' thing. Fans that are detached from the club. They won't be won over by signings or incentives. The club have tried that (Stokes, Miller, Riordan, GOC, Sproule and so on) and it's fallen flat.

They absolutely have to connect with the fans again, get everyone onside - not just a statement on the website or a small group of fans in a forum (though none of these are bad things, per se), but to find a way to enter into dialogue en mass with the support. To explain some of the decisions and reasons behind them. To let us know exactly the lengths they are going to in order to back the manager.

They need to be prepared to answer some difficult questions and pitch the club back to the fans.

IMHO, there is too much of a disconnect between the club and the support right now, and until we all bridge that gap and look to agree a way forward, then nothing (and I mean nothing) the board does will have any significant impact on season ticket sales.

The only other thing that can change things is for CC to take the group of players he has and overachieve with them. Good football, success, and cup runs will bring fans back.

matty_f
18-07-2011, 11:22 PM
So we dont have a right-back issue, and it is not concerning to only have 1 fit striker in situ then?:confused:

I'd love to know how you've got that conclusion from my post. I've already posted elsewhere that these specific areas need strengthened as a priority.

Baldy Foghorn
18-07-2011, 11:24 PM
I don't know what you're missing Billy. You see the same as me, I presume.

I think the board don't actually need to be making signings to get fans back, IMHO the quality of the squad and the level of signings are not the root cause of the apathy.

To get season tickets shifted the board need to do something to engage with the fans. Fans who are disenfranchised with the club, who aren't feeling the whole 'Hibernian Family' thing. Fans that are detached from the club. They won't be won over by signings or incentives. The club have tried that (Stokes, Miller, Riordan, GOC, Sproule and so on) and it's fallen flat.

They absolutely have to connect with the fans again, get everyone onside - not just a statement on the website or a small group of fans in a forum (though none of these are bad things, per se), but to find a way to enter into dialogue en mass with the support. To explain some of the decisions and reasons behind them. To let us know exactly the lengths they are going to in order to back the manager.

They need to be prepared to answer some difficult questions and pitch the club back to the fans.

IMHO, there is too much of a disconnect between the club and the support right now, and until we all bridge that gap and look to agree a way forward, then nothing (and I mean nothing) the board does will have any significant impact on season ticket sales.

The only other thing that can change things is for CC to take the group of players he has and overachieve with them. Good football, success, and cup runs will bring fans back.

I don't and have never bought into the "Hibernian Family" spin.....It's crass IMO.... We get fed little snippets of info at best and are treated appallingly as consumers, hardly a family feel to the club

Mon Dieu4
18-07-2011, 11:25 PM

If I was making a cake and saw that I cleary didnt have enough ingredients then of course I would want more, yet if I had them all then I would be over the moon and could save myself a trip to the shops.

It's is not a case of just saying more more more and acting like spoilt children, Garry is a replacement for Deek in some ways, Ivan for say Miller( I know its a different position) we had never replaced the loss of Bamba either so O'Hanlon comes in, so it is replacing like for like and what with the way last season went I can see why most people and me included are not exactly doing backflips about it as all I can see is more of the same.

I genuinely hope I am wrong and they all give me a big GIRFUY, all I know is I will be there every week giving my full backing to the team whoever is in it with my usual blind misguided loyalty, sometimes I just wish Hibs gave me something to show for it

Baldy Foghorn
18-07-2011, 11:27 PM
I'd love to know how you've got that conclusion from my post. I've already posted elsewhere that these specific areas need strengthened as a priority.

Your quote "Still not enough though"............ Making the suggestion that fans want more and more and are never contented..... Its ridiculous to be a supporter and watch the squad at present and see where the frailties are, and to see these frailties failed to be addressed

Sir David Gray
18-07-2011, 11:31 PM
Do you think people are just going to pitch up and pay in excess of £400 for a season ticket after that pish last year. Fans have done their bit for the last 6 seasons, now it's time for the board to reciprocate. What a mess.

:agree: Most of the people who'll have got a season ticket for this season will be those who are absolutely Hibs daft and could not possibly do anything else on a Saturday afternoon but go along and watch Hibs.

A family of four buying season tickets won't get much change out of £1000. I know there's a payment plan option but even still, for a lot of people, that kind of expenditure is just not possible.

If things were going a bit better on the pitch then people tend to find the money from somewhere to pay for season tickets, they make the sacrifices that are required to be able to afford to go to the football and other things are dropped.

How many people are seriously going to pay for season tickets off the back of one of the most pathetic, shambolic and lacklustre seasons for many years?

For a lot of people to return, they'll have to see a big improvement in results. Things have just got so bad at the club that there is no other way to get them back. Hibs, right now, are at a major crossroad. Last season, we were not a million miles away from being relegated. We cannot afford to allow things to get any worse. That is why we need the club to bring in some quality players who are going to lift us and get us going again. With the way things have been going, I don't see how things can possibly improve to get us into a position where we are challenging "at the top end of the league" which is where the board have stated that they think we should be each year.

In my opinion, the fact that we have so far only managed to bring in three players this summer has almost nothing to do with the fact that people aren't buying season tickets but more to do with players not wanting to come to Hibs whilst there is such a major doubt as to where the immediate future of our manager lies.

I don't think it's just a coincidence that, Sean O'Hanlon, the most recent signing at the club arrived about a month ago and that was almost exactly when the rumours started to fly about that Calderwood could be off. Obviously Cillian Sheridan and Junior Agogo have come in as trialists but it really doesn't surprise me that we have failed to add to those three signings when our pre-season has descended into such a farce with regards to the management position over the past four weeks or so.

I can't believe that people are seriously having a go at the fans here. Those who haven't renewed their season tickets, I don't think can be blamed one bit and those who have renewed deserve a medal of some sort.

The standard of football that has been on offer at Easter Road in the past 18 months or so has been absolutely diabolical, we should just be thankful for the fans we still do have.

There are so many people who have been to blame for the shambles that Hibs have become but the one set of people who are absolutely not to blame for any of this are the supporters.

matty_f
18-07-2011, 11:32 PM
Your quote "Still not enough though"............ Making the suggestion that fans want more and more and are never contented..... Its ridiculous to be a supporter and watch the squad at present and see where the frailties are, and to see these frailties failed to be addressed

My point (in context) though was that even when we fill the right back and centre forward spots, it'll not be enough. I don't think many Hibs fans will be happy with the squad with those areas un-addressed. I'm not saying we've got enough players, or the right players. You've missed the point.

Removed
18-07-2011, 11:33 PM
I don't know what you're missing Billy. You see the same as me, I presume. I think the board don't actually need to be making signings to get fans back, IMHO the quality of the squad and the level of signings are not the root cause of the apathy. To get season tickets shifted the board need to do something to engage with the fans. Fans who are disenfranchised with the club, who aren't feeling the whole 'Hibernian Family' thing. Fans that are detached from the club. They won't be won over by signings or incentives. The club have tried that (Stokes, Miller, Riordan, GOC, Sproule and so on) and it's fallen flat.They absolutely have to connect with the fans again, get everyone onside - not just a statement on the website or a small group of fans in a forum (though none of these are bad things, per se), but to find a way to enter into dialogue en mass with the support. To explain some of the decisions and reasons behind them. To let us know exactly the lengths they are going to in order to back the manager. They need to be prepared to answer some difficult questions and pitch the club back to the fans. IMHO, there is too much of a disconnect between the club and the support right now, and until we all bridge that gap and look to agree a way forward, then nothing (and I mean nothing) the board does will have any significant impact on season ticket sales.The only other thing that can change things is for CC to take the group of players he has and overachieve with them. Good football, success, and cup runs will bring fans back. I agree with your last paragraph but if that's plan a then it's a very risky strategy.I agree there is a disconnect but I put the blame for that solely at the feet of the board. If I had my own business and was losing customers I'd be doing everything I could to find out exactly why they were not buying my product or service. Do you (or anyone who actually hasn't renewed) know if the club follow up with lapsed ST holders?

matty_f
18-07-2011, 11:39 PM
I agree with your last paragraph but if that's plan a then it's a very risky strategy.I agree there is a disconnect but I put the blame for that solely at the feet of the board. If I had my own business and was losing customers I'd be doing everything I could to find out exactly why they were not buying my product or service. Do you (or anyone who actually hasn't renewed) know if the club follow up with lapsed ST holders?

I renewed so I don't know what they're doing with lapsed ones. You're absolutely correct, the last paragraph is a risky strategy which is why it was the last one I thought of.

You say that if your business was losing customers you'd be doing everything to find out why - that's exactly what I'm saying the board need to do. They need to engage with the fans and get us onside again in large numbers. Nobody wants to hear excuses from the board, but we need to understand what's happening and what the board are doing to improve things. A statement on the website is ineffective because either people don't believe it, don't read it, or just don't want to know. They get to say what they want, but it just doesn't engage people. The Hibs TV interviews, whilst informative and entertaining, left more people disenchanted with the club because they felt they deserved to see it as well. An attempt to do something positive was turned to a negative - the board need to get creative and they need to engage the support.

frazeHFC
18-07-2011, 11:42 PM
Could it be that Celtic have told us to wait until after we play them to bid for Towell?

More hope than anything.

Saorsa
18-07-2011, 11:43 PM
:agree: Most of the people who'll have got a season ticket for this season will be those who are absolutely Hibs daft and could not possibly do anything else on a Saturday afternoon but go along and watch Hibs.even some of them are starting tae get fed up.

Removed
18-07-2011, 11:49 PM
I renewed so I don't know what they're doing with lapsed ones. You're absolutely correct, the last paragraph is a risky strategy which is why it was the last one I thought of. You say that if your business was losing customers you'd be doing everything to find out why - that's exactly what I'm saying the board need to do. They need to engage with the fans and get us onside again in large numbers. Nobody wants to hear excuses from the board, but we need to understand what's happening and what the board are doing to improve things. A statement on the website is ineffective because either people don't believe it, don't read it, or just don't want to know. They get to say what they want, but it just doesn't engage people. The Hibs TV interviews, whilst informative and entertaining, left more people disenchanted with the club because they felt they deserved to see it as well. An attempt to do something positive was turned to a negative - the board need to get creative and they need to engage the support. I know you did :thumbsup: I don't even look at the official site any more and haven't renewed my HTV but that was down to change of personnel and style tbh. I am totally disengaged and I know that you know that. If it wasn't for me having boys that I desperately want to be Hibbys (God forgive me) I doubt I would have bothered. I consider myself to be a diehard, but that has been my choice. I am walking on the edge though and this could be a pivotal season for me and many others.If any board members are reading this please don't take me for granted, I might not be here next year.

YehButNoBut
19-07-2011, 06:22 AM
Sheridan signing now looking unlikely according to the Scotsman

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Akpo Sodje's knee injury has left Garry O'Connor as the side's sole striker ahead of the new campaign and it looks increasingly unlikely that trialist Cillian Sheridan will join, despite contact having been made between Hibs and the former Celtic player's club, CSKA Sofia. The Irishman's current high wage means Hibs - who travel to face Falkirk in another friendly tonight - will probably lose out on the player, who seems likely to move elsewhere on loan.

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Matt-Thornhill-aims-to-add.6803781.jp

Lucius Apuleius
19-07-2011, 07:32 AM
IMO season ticket sales were always going to be down this season. Gone are the days when we needed a season ticket to ensure a seat at the game (in fact have we EVER been in that position?) However with the new east and the new capacity, there is no big benefit in getting an ST. You only have to miss one or two games and you are in deficit. The other reason was to get first dibs for tickets to the big cup games. Not had them for a while either have we. Walk ups will still be there in my opinion. This is where the board should have been doing something. Finding some way to replace the income from lost sales.

Anyway, roll on Sunday. GGTTH.

Cropley10
19-07-2011, 07:53 AM

Signing Sproule is ambitious? One man's ambitious is another man's cynical I guess.

As for CC the repercussions of holding on to a very, very unsuccessful manager (so far) are actually worse than accepting the compensation.

I think most, if not all, people would be absolutely delighted if the Board signed another couple of players. I can't think of anyone I know who thought we'd be going into the first game of the season with only 3 new signings.

GreenPJ
19-07-2011, 07:56 AM
Whilst you are right re capacity etc the value of getting a season ticket also allows the club to get access to funds earlier and an almost guaranteed income stream. Key things for budgeting

TornadoHibby
19-07-2011, 08:03 AM
I know you did :thumbsup: I don't even look at the official site any more and haven't renewed my HTV but that was down to change of personnel and style tbh. I am totally disengaged and I know that you know that. If it wasn't for me having boys that I desperately want to be Hibbys (God forgive me) I doubt I would have bothered. I consider myself to be a diehard, but that has been my choice. I am walking on the edge though and this could be a pivotal season for me and many others.If any board members are reading this please don't take me for granted, I might not be here next year.

Some very decent views there that a fair few Hibs fans will be able to empathise with ! :agree:

WindyMiller
19-07-2011, 08:08 AM
While the board said that all money from ST sales would go to the manager for signings, I assume that was supposed to be on top of whatever budget was already in place. Don't know how much that is / was but how much have we spent this off-season? Hopefully there are some more new faces before the window slams shut. Best case scenario would be to have everyone in place before the first game of the season but a close second is filling all the gaps THIS window, even after the season has started. A distant last place is no more signings, that would be brutal.

I just hope things are happening in the background and that the process hasn't ground to a complete stop.

For every 1,000 season tickets the club sells, that's 400,000 UKP. Quite a decent chunk of change. Is it the sum total of season ticket sales that is supposed to go to the manager or the proceeds (if the numbers are different)?
1,000 STs = 400,000
2,000 = 800,000
3,000 = 1,200,000
4,000 = 1,600,000
10,000 = 4,000,000

Seems like there should be money to spend. Hopefully the club are just being cautious and trying to avoid buying players that we need to offload 12 months later.

Average ST prices are nowhere near £400.

southern hibby
19-07-2011, 08:43 AM
Can I start by saying that I am not a season ticket holder because of my job and where I live (Oxford), however I usually make about a dozen to 16 games a season, home and away.I may never know anything about business but one thing i do know is when HIBS get a chance of going to a final it's murder trying to get a ticket, When we won the First Division our crowds were well up at home. When we are bad, crowds are well down. We have a first class stadium, unique training facilities and as finals show a fan base that will turn up if we have a chance of winning something. However........WHAT WE NEED NOW is a team on the park WITH LEADERSHIP (This is not a dig at the management this is a dig at we cannot even get a natural born leader as captain sorted out). If the board gave us this I really do believe crowds would come back in droves.I have defended the Board without question since the Hands Of Hibs campaign and watched with admiration how they have turned the facilities around since that day. I understand and accept the debt we were in and how we had to sell our players to get the stadium and training ground and pay off that debt, again it hurt but it saved my club from extinction and I swore to God if he saved my club I would be eternally grateful which I truly am. And NowWe have these things in place and a stadium with (probably) about 10,000 fans going to the home games. Please lets try and get some players in who can do a serious job for us and can move us up the table and give us some pride in our football team on the park, not our facilities.We are after all a FOOTBALL CLUB not a fACILITIES CLUB. To this end we need football players. I sometimes think we have more money available for our Board of Directors wages than we do for our players. Something needs to give because we are (Make no mistakes) on a downward turn and if not addressed very soon we are going to get caught in this trend that will be extremely difficult to get out of.GGTTH.

Viva_Palmeiras
19-07-2011, 09:49 AM
I predict if ST sales start to get too low the club will need to look to boost attendancee (and constrain supply) by giving away to good causes then punters will need to buy in advance to secure a ticketThe focus has been on building up the STs this has been hugely impacted by the result in recent seasonsThere never to my mind has been much sustained focus on walkups aside of the hibs kids days and the odd discounted game. So if the club really are relying on performances to get the folks back rather than promotions or discounts then invest in the team - go on get Sheridan!!!

wee hay
19-07-2011, 10:47 AM
ssn hibernian fail to agree personal terms with cska sofia striker cillian sheridan

matty_f
19-07-2011, 10:55 AM
ssn hibernian fail to agree personal terms with cska sofia striker cillian sheridan

Evening News reporting that Sheridan knew what Hibs could offer ahead of coming on trial, if he's known that and then decided it's not enough then he's wasted everyone's time, IMHO.

Spike Mandela
19-07-2011, 11:04 AM
Wonder how far down our target list we can get this year? Bet the board members have a sweepstake on it!

Col2
19-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Wonder how far down our target list we can get this year? Bet the board members have a sweepstake on it!

is Marc Anton Courier available? or Hurtado?

Stevie Reid
19-07-2011, 11:29 AM

How far down the respective lists do you think Sproule, O'Connor and O'Hanlon were?

Hibs7
19-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Read the Hootsman report, this isn't done yet. The last paragraph says a lot.

Cropley10
19-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Evening News reporting that Sheridan knew what Hibs could offer ahead of coming on trial, if he's known that and then decided it's not enough then he's wasted everyone's time, IMHO.

Or maybe he thought he could demonstrate he was worth a bit more?

Andy74
19-07-2011, 11:34 AM

I don't see any indication that he has decided it's not good enough.

CC says that if that is the case it's been a waste of time but he doesn't think that's the case.

Cropley10
19-07-2011, 11:35 AM
How far down the respective lists do you think Sproule, O'Connor and O'Hanlon were?

Definitely Think O'Hanlon was a target, but let's not go back over old ground about Sproule and Garry being on some list of CCs targets please

Stevie Reid
19-07-2011, 11:40 AM
Definitely Think O'Hanlon was a target, but let's not go back over old ground about Sproule and Garry being on some list of CCs targets please

Not ground I've been over actually, but I'm very glad that that's the case.

PeterboroHibee
19-07-2011, 12:24 PM

CC says that if that is the case it's been a waste of time but he doesn't think that's the case.

Seems like pure speculation by the likes of SSN about him definitely not coming. It might still not come to anything, but a direct quote from CC basically saying the deal isnt dead is promising.

If he has come to the club with wage demands beyond what we are willing to pay that is a bit strange, maybe he was looking at the likes of the Barnsley game to show as many clubs as possible what he can offer in the hope of a better deal elsewhere. Id hope not though.

matty_f
19-07-2011, 12:26 PM

Maybe he didn't demonstrate that?

I had an "if" in there, too. :wink:

Speedway
19-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Seems like pure speculation by the likes of SSN about him definitely not coming. It might still not come to anything, but a direct quote from CC basically saying the deal isnt dead is promising.

If he has come to the club with wage demands beyond what we are willing to pay that is a bit strange, maybe he was looking at the likes of the Barnsley game to show as many clubs as possible what he can offer in the hope of a better deal elsewhere. Id hope not though.

It is pure speculation. Deal far from dead. It's essentially a Stokes situation where the player is going to take such a hit on wages, that he's looking for a pay off from CSKA. The problem with that is that CSKA are skint eastwood and so Hibs can help them through the paying of a transfer fee. The problem with that is that the numbers the player wants from CSKA, the number CSKA want from Hibs and the number that Hibs can/will afford to do yet match up.

This is what Rodrico and his flankers are working on, as we speak.

ScottB
19-07-2011, 12:41 PM

Then more fool him, if he was told in no uncertain terms what we would be willing to offer, he's wasted our time and his by turning up hoping we'd suddenly offer more than that.

Cropley10
19-07-2011, 12:54 PM
Then more fool him, if he was told in no uncertain terms what we would be willing to offer, he's wasted our time and his by turning up hoping we'd suddenly offer more than that.

Do you know he was told this in no uncertain terms?

new malkyhib
19-07-2011, 01:15 PM

that's not like the Evening News to side with the official line of the club eh?

silverhibee
19-07-2011, 01:28 PM
I know you did :thumbsup: I don't even look at the official site any more and haven't renewed my HTV but that was down to change of personnel and style tbh. I am totally disengaged and I know that you know that. If it wasn't for me having boys that I desperately want to be Hibbys (God forgive me) I doubt I would have bothered. I consider myself to be a diehard, but that has been my choice. I am walking on the edge though and this could be a pivotal season for me and many others.If any board members are reading this please don't take me for granted, I might not be here next year.

:agree:

Another season like the last one and they will only have to open the FF for games in the next season after this one for the amount of fans that will turn up to watch Hibs.

Like you i am a diehard, for seasons it has been home and away every week to watch Hibs with my son, he has got the bug and still wants to go to every game that Hibs play, me i am not fussed anymore, i will give it another season home games only and if wee are in the same mess next year as wee are this one then that will be me finished with a ST at Hibs, if there is improvement in the team and the manager has the team heading in the right direction then i may change my mind.
If wee go through another season where wee have to change manager again because of poor results then that will be the final nail for a lot of fans that support Hibs through thick and thin, RP has come out and said that he wants CC to be the manager of Hibs and that they would not welcome any clubs trying to sign him, i am pretty certain RP has got his wish and CC will be the manager of Hibs for the forseeable future, it is a massive gamble for RP backing CC, if reports are right and Hibs have knocked back compensation for CC over the summer and results dont go his way and RP has to sack him round about Xmas time and wee have to pay him off to get rid of him then RP has to follow him out the door.
But i do wish CC all the best for the upcoming season and hope he turns things around and get Hibs back to winning ways and everyone pulling together and get behind the team for the season ahead, right now with the squad he has i think he may struggle to get Hibs into the top six next season, wee still need another striker maybe two, a right back, and another playmaker for the midfield, i think Thornhill will be a good addition to the midfield and will be our playmaker, if he gets injured and wee dont have that kind of replacement for him then wee will go back to last season where our midfield were lacking any creativity at all. :aok:

CapitalHibs
19-07-2011, 01:33 PM
:agree:

Another season like the last one and they will only have to open the FF for games in the next season after this one for the amount of fans that will turn up to watch Hibs.

Like you i am a diehard, for seasons it has been home and away every week to watch Hibs with my son, he has got the bug and still wants to go to every game that Hibs play, me i am not fussed anymore, i will give it another season home games only and if wee are in the same mess next year as wee are this one then that will be me finished with a ST at Hibs, if there is improvement in the team and the manager has the team heading in the right direction then i may change my mind.
If wee go through another season where wee have to change manager again because of poor results then that will be the final nail for a lot of fans that support Hibs through thick and thin, RP has come out and said that he wants CC to be the manager of Hibs and that they would not welcome any clubs trying to sign him, i am pretty certain RP has got his wish and CC will be the manager of Hibs for the forseeable future, it is a massive gamble for RP backing CC, if reports are right and Hibs have knocked back compensation for CC over the summer and results dont go his way and RP has to sack him round about Xmas time and wee have to pay him off to get rid of him then RP has to follow him out the door.
But i do wish CC all the best for the upcoming season and hope he turns things around and get Hibs back to winning ways and everyone pulling together and get behind the team for the season ahead, right now with the squad he has i think he may struggle to get Hibs into the top six next season, wee still need another striker maybe two, a right back, and another playmaker for the midfield, i think Thornhill will be a good addition to the midfield and will be our playmaker, if he gets injured and wee dont have that kind of replacement for him then wee will go back to last season where our midfield were lacking any creativity at all. :aok:

Does that "wee" reference indicate how really pish we are:wink:

ScottB
19-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Do you know he was told this in no uncertain terms?

CC's interview states he knew what we would be able to offer, even if it wasn't concrete if we gave a figure and he wanted more than that, why bother coming?

Beefster
19-07-2011, 01:38 PM

I'm happy with the three signings to day, especially O'Connor, and the case could be made for O'Connor being ambitious but equally, the case could be made that he was unattached and wouldn't have come to Hibs if he had options elsewhere (if Celtic had wanted him, he'd likely be there) so, in some sense, we didn't make any real effort to get him. I'm not sure how bringing Sproule, a player who wasn't a regular first time round and was going out of contract (or being released, I forget), back is ambitious.

Ambition is getting players wanted elsewhere and making a special effort to get them. As an example, IMO, getting Miller wasn't particularly ambitious whereas signing Stokes was.

Although they may turn out to be revelations, it could be argued that O'Connor and Sproule are 'lazy' signings on Hibs' part. They, more or less, came to us. Without that previous tie, we'd probably not have looked at them.

Couldn't agree more. The Board have a lot more to do to attract existing fans back and get new people through the gates.

Jim44
19-07-2011, 01:39 PM

Do you think he'll be in the slightest bit concerned about possibly wasting everybody's time except his own? The bottom line for him was that he got an expenses paid lump of publicity and advertising, not to mention a nice wee break in Edinburgh. If anything had come of it, fine, if not, nothing ventured nothing gained. The guy's not daft. The only way to avoid this sort of situation would be to say at the outset ' This is what we are paying. If you come on trial, like the situation and we offer you a contract within these parameters, then you decline, you will lose your expenses.' Yes, that's stupid and only a fool would agree to it but we've got to accept that when you bring a trialist in, you are open to losing out financially.

HibsMax
19-07-2011, 01:42 PM

We'll always have injuries. Sodje was fit until a couple of weeks ago and we're looking at two more strikers so it's not like Hibs are ignoring the issue.

matty_f
19-07-2011, 01:51 PM
that's not like the Evening News to side with the official line of the club eh?

Considering it quoted Calderwood to get Hibs' side of things, I think you'd assume that there would be an official line on it. That said, what angle are you wanting the paper to take on it? MISERLY HIBS LEAD PLAYER ON BEFORE BUMPING HIM OF THE £14K A WEEK THEY PROMISED? MY HIBS HELL - SHERIDAN TELLS OF HIS HIBEE HEARTACHE OVER PAY SNUB.

Do you think he'll be in the slightest bit concerned about possibly wasting everybody's time except his own? The bottom line for him was that he got an expenses paid lump of publicity and advertising, not to mention a nice wee break in Edinburgh. If anything had come of it, fine, if not, nothing ventured nothing gained. The guy's not daft. The only way to avoid this sort of situation would be to say at the outset ' This is what we are paying. If you come on trial, like the situation and we offer you a contract within these parameters, then you decline, you will lose your expenses.' Yes, that's stupid and only a fool would agree to it but we've got to accept that when you bring a trialist in, you are open to losing out financially.

I don't think Sheridan would be bothered at all at wasting everyone's time, I apologise if I've indicated that I would be.

HibsMax
19-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Average ST prices are nowhere near £400.

What is the average price? The actual value is not that critical to the point I was trying to make. 10,000 season tickets at an average cost of 100 UKP would still give the club an additional million to spend on players. Even 5,000 tickets would give us half a million.

Saorsa
19-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Wonder how far down our target list we can get this year? Bet the board members have a sweepstake on it!:greengrin
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/BotB.jpg

Cropley10
19-07-2011, 02:12 PM
CC's interview states he knew what we would be able to offer, even if it wasn't concrete if we gave a figure and he wanted more than that, why bother coming?

Right, so it wasn't in 'no uncertain terms' then?

He came because he probably expected a negotiation, and having demonstrated his worth. By all accounts he did well and at 22 has his best years and a decent transfer value ahead of him.

Lets hope common sense prevails and we can do a deal after all.

Cropley10
19-07-2011, 02:19 PM
What is the average price? The actual value is not that critical to the point I was trying to make. 10,000 season tickets at an average cost of 100 UKP would still give the club an additional million to spend on players. Even 5,000 tickets would give us half a million.

The fact is with the capacity we have there will soon be very little point in buying a ST.

Stevie Reid
19-07-2011, 02:23 PM

He came because he probably expected a negotiation, and having demonstrated his worth. By all accounts he did well and at 22 has his best years and a decent transfer value ahead of him.

Sheridan signed a 3 year contract worth £14K a week with a team who can't even afford to pay him - I wonder if they felt his signing would be paid for by a substantial upturn in season ticket sales from his speculative transfer :greengrin

Common sense doesn't often come into football transfers, though ironically, most folk on here are moaning because Hibs adopt a sensible, common sense approach to running the club, and our transfer dealings.

ScottB
19-07-2011, 02:27 PM

Well CC said...

'We have told the agent the level and what we would expect. He understands that. If he has come or has been forced in this direction and thinks it is something different then we have wasted everyone's time. But I do not think that is the case.'

Seems pretty clear Sheridan would know what we would be looking to pay before he rocked up. More fool him if he was expecting to get more than that, particularly with our reputation for wage paying.

Saorsa
19-07-2011, 02:27 PM
The fact is with the capacity we have there will soon be very little point in buying a ST.:agree: Particularly if people know the may miss the odd game, IIRC (I'm sure somebody will be quick enough tae correct me if I'm wrong) an adult season ticket only saves on the cost of somewhere between 1 & 2 games. I never went tae two games last season, I'd have been as well PATG, if I'd missed another game I would have paid more than PATG. One thing I do know is that if I do have a season ticket next time I'll not be paying for it in April.

Cropley10
19-07-2011, 02:38 PM
Sheridan signed a 3 year contract worth £14K a week with a team who can't even afford to pay him - I wonder if they felt his signing would be paid for by a substantial upturn in season ticket sales from his speculative transfer :greengrin

Common sense doesn't often come into football transfers, though ironically, most folk on here are moaning because Hibs adopt a sensible, common sense approach to running the club, and our transfer dealings.

Sorry you mis-understand me, his value is not what he would add to the gate, but what he might be worth when he's sold. After all our Board do have a decent record of getting value.

We obviously disagree on what is common sense. If we've genuinely got a common sense approach then it doesn't appear to be working.

R'Albin
19-07-2011, 02:41 PM
:greengrin
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/BotB.jpg

HibsMax
19-07-2011, 02:44 PM
The fact is with the capacity we have there will soon be very little point in buying a ST.

Very true but then Hibs fans cannot complain about the board not investing money that they don't have. Sorry for stating the obvious but if 10,000 fans bought a season ticket, Hibs have the money upfront. If 10,000 fans decide that PATG is better, Hibs only get the money in chunks, like a structured settlement but without the guarantee.

I think at this point you buy a season ticket to back the club as well as save a little money and guarantee the same seat each week....as opposed to securing entry into each and every game because PATG is likely to be an option for most games (or buying a ticket from the club for bigger games).

Beefster
19-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Very true but then Hibs fans cannot complain about the board not investing money that they don't have. Sorry for stating the obvious but if 10,000 fans bought a season ticket, Hibs have the money upfront. If 10,000 fans decide that PATG is better, Hibs only get the money in chunks, like a structured settlement but without the guarantee.

I think at this point you buy a season ticket to back the club as well as save a little money and guarantee the same seat each week....as opposed to securing entry into each and every game because PATG is likely to be an option for most games (or buying a ticket from the club for bigger games).

The fans can complain about the Board not doing enough to entice them to part with their money though. The 'letting off' of the club when ST sales dip is just nonsense. Ultimately, everything is driven by how the team is performing and how the club is communicating with the support.

I would buy tons of Next/H&M/Matalan/River Island clothes but their stuff is rubbish. I'm not going to keep buying them in the hope that my money helps them improve the product.

Cropley10
19-07-2011, 02:51 PM

Supply and demand. Over supply reduces relative demand

If we only had 10,000 seats we might sell more STs.

Asking supporters to give you money upfront for something that isn't difficult to obtain when needed isn't much of plan.

Cropley10
19-07-2011, 02:52 PM
I would buy tons of Next/H&M/Matalan/River Island clothes but their stuff is rubbish. I'm not going to keep buying them in the hope that my money helps them improve the product.

:faf:

Stevie Reid
19-07-2011, 02:53 PM
Sorry you mis-understand me, his value is not what he would add to the gate, but what he might be worth when he's sold. After all our Board do have a decent record of getting value.

We obviously disagree on what is common sense. If we've genuinely got a common sense approach then it doesn't appear to be working.

Apologies, I knew that that wasn't your point, I was being a bit facetious (and making a point) with regards to those who believed that CS signing would have people flooding back to ER. He has probably got a decent sell on value but is probably unlikely to sign permanently given the discrepancy between what he's on, and what we can pay. My understanding of the whole situation has been that CS would only ever be coming here on loan as CSKA can't afford to pay him what he is contracted, and we can only afford to pay him so much - and between the two he would perhaps make an acceptable (for him) wage. He gets placed in the shop window for 6 months or so.

I do disagree. Common sense managed to acquire us Antony Stokes, a much better prospect that Sheridan. Paying an exhorbitant amount of money for a decent prospect doesn't make much sense to me. He could have a decent sell on value - similarly he could sign for us and spend the next 3 years constantly injured, costing us a fortune and giving us nothing back (we've been there before). Like any signing it would be a gamble, and you should only gamble what you can afford to lose.

HibsMax
19-07-2011, 03:10 PM
The fans can complain about the Board not doing enough to entice them to part with their money though. The 'letting off' of the club when ST sales dip is just nonsense. Ultimately, everything is driven by how the team is performing and how the club is communicating with the support.

You would keep buying Next, etc. if you were emotionally linked to them, that's why this sort of comparison just doesn't work.

I'm not letting the club off with anything, I'm just stating a fact. They take in X pounds, they can spend X pounds. They take in Y, they can spend Y.

I'm not sure what the - club can do to generate more excitement and increase ST sales, but I agree that something should be done. In fact, I even suggested an idea a few weeks ago (reduce the price of season tickets to drive up sales, even if it ends up costing the club a little money in the process - but that suggestion was countered with the fact that typically ticket prices are not elastic meaning that a reduction in cost does not necessarily result in an increase of sales, or not enough of a lift to be worthwhile. However, reduced ST prices is just one idea. It's all well and good saying that the board just needs to sign some more players but is it really that easy? If it is then that would be a great idea, why didn't someone think of that before? :wink:. I think that previous incumbents have proven just how easy it is to spend money foolishly, perhaps the board wants to try and avoid that this time around?

What do other people think the club should be doing to generate excitement?

HibsMax
19-07-2011, 03:14 PM
Supply and demand. Over supply reduces relative demand

If we only had 10,000 seats we might sell more STs.

Asking supporters to give you money upfront for something that isn't difficult to obtain when needed isn't much of plan.

Yeah, I understand how it works. :)

Buying a season ticket to (a) save money, and (b) guarantee a seat for every game, are only two reasons to buy a season ticket, the two that most affect the fan. There is another reason to buy. It gives the club money up-front. You don't HAVE to buy a season ticket, not when the crowds are so lo that you can just walk in, but buying a season ticket is a way of supporting the club financially (while also saving a little money and securing your seat for the entire season).

Cropley10
19-07-2011, 03:18 PM
You would keep buying Next, etc. if you were emotionally linked to them, that's why this sort of comparison just doesn't work.

I'm not letting the club off with anything, I'm just stating a fact. They take in X pounds, they can spend X pounds. They take in Y, they can spend Y.

I'm not sure what the - club can do to generate more excitement and increase ST sales, but I agree that something should be done. In fact, I even suggested an idea a few weeks ago (reduce the price of season tickets to drive up sales, even if it ends up costing the club a little money in the process - but that suggestion was countered with the fact that typically ticket prices are not elastic meaning that a reduction in cost does not necessarily result in an increase of sales, or not enough of a lift to be worthwhile. However, reduced ST prices is just one idea. It's all well and good saying that the board just needs to sign some more players but is it really that easy? If it is then that would be a great idea, why didn't someone think of that before? :wink:. I think that previous incumbents have proven just how easy it is to spend money foolishly, perhaps the board wants to try and avoid that this time around?

Over-valuing loyalty when there is huge over supply is going to end in disappointment.

The comparison with retailers is valid. Yes we have an emotional attachment to the Club, but obviously , a lot of folk have decided to PATG this season because they can.

Cropley10
19-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Yeah, I understand how it works. :)

Buying a season ticket to (a) save money, and (b) guarantee a seat for every game, are only two reasons to buy a season ticket, the two that most affect the fan. There is another reason to buy. It gives the club money up-front. You don't HAVE to buy a season ticket, not when the crowds are so lo that you can just walk in, but buying a season ticket is a way of supporting the club financially (while also saving a little money and securing your seat for the entire season).

Thanks for stating the obvious. :wink:

Neither securing my seats nor getting a discount are much of an attraction when I can just walk up on any given day and with weddings, holidays and everything I probably won't attend every home game either.

As for helping to fund the team, well put me down in the underwhelmed pile for now. I've paid my dough...

Beefster
19-07-2011, 03:25 PM

I might keep buying Next for a while longer than normal, if I had some attachment, but not indefinitely. I've had an ST for the last 15 years but, if nothing changes/improves, this is season is likely to be the last for a spell.

I think the club have to fundamentally change their thinking about the way the club is set up on the footballing side (or at least review it), about the way that they attempt to attract new fans, about the way that they make the game attractive to families (there are far more competition for a family's money now than there was a decade or two ago), about the way that they engage the current support (you can trust Hibs to come up with a pretty bog-standard "we're family" or "in it together" line from year to year and the SPL size fiasco is a prime example of how important Hibs view the fans) and about the way that they attract investment in the club. I've posted fairly lengthy posts in the past with more detail but have given up as I seem to be in a minority of about one in thinking that the club innovative in those areas.

Kaiser1962
19-07-2011, 03:39 PM
I might keep buying Next for a while longer than normal, if I had some attachment, but not indefinitely. I've had an ST for the last 15 years but, if nothing changes/improves, this is season is likely to be the last for a spell.

I think the club have to fundamentally change their thinking about the way the club is set up on the footballing side (or at least review it), about the way that they attempt to attract new fans, about the way that they make the game attractive to families (there are far more competition for a family's money now than there was a decade or two ago), about the way that they engage the current support (you can trust Hibs to come up with a pretty bog-standard "we're family" or "in it together" line from year to year and the SPL size fiasco is a prime example of how important Hibs view the fans) and about the way that they attract investment in the club. I've posted fairly lengthy posts in the past with more detail but have given up as I seem to be in a minority of about one in thinking that the club innovative in those areas.

Your not. I disagree with you sometimes but I agree that, if Hibs are to compete on anything resembling an equal basis, then we need to radically change the way we do things. It may even be that we are re-inventing the wheel from scratch but we need to do it. We have been innovative in the past and need to be more so now.

Stevie Reid
19-07-2011, 03:46 PM

I know that you're trying to be constructive Beefster but I believe that that statement's a bit unfair - the proposed move to a ten team league was based on the fact that it would mean more income for the clubs involved, and if the club was to listen to one grievance raied more than any other on here it is that the supporters are screaming out for more money to be spent on the team. More money could have been available to spend on the team (which we are told will bring people back to ER) but fans and clubs are against the 10 team league, so that's that - but I firmly believe that Hibs were up for a ten team SPL because it was what's best for Hibs, and that in turn would be good for us as supporters.

FWIW I would prefer a bigger league, but I can believe that it's not financially viable, and it's not difficult to foresee a 16 team SPL being just as crap as the league is now, just with even more average teams and players - the novelty could wear off very quickly. Of course majority rules and the clubs don't want it, but if there was to be a 10 team SPL, I would get on board with it - there would be lots of more meaningful games, especially if there were relegation play offs, and the league was sensibly allowing for an SPL 2 to make sure that relegation didn't equal financial meltdown.

Beefster
19-07-2011, 04:06 PM
I know that you're trying to be constructive Beefster but I believe that that statement's a bit unfair - the proposed move to a ten team league was based on the fact that it would mean more income for the clubs involved, and if the club was to listen to one grievance raied more than any other on here it is that the supporters are screaming out for more money to be spent on the team. More money could have been available to spend on the team (which we are told will bring people back to ER) but fans and clubs are against the 10 team league, so that's that - but I firmly believe that Hibs were up for a ten team SPL because it was what's best for Hibs, and that in turn would be good for us as supporters.

FWIW I would prefer a bigger league, but I can believe that it's not financially viable, and it's not difficult to foresee a 16 team SPL being just as crap as the league is now, just with even more average teams and players - the novelty could wear off very quickly. Of course majority rules and the clubs don't want it, but if there was to be a 10 team SPL, I would get on board with it - there would be lots of more meaningful games, especially if there were relegation play offs, and the league was sensibly allowing for an SPL 2 to make sure that relegation didn't equal financial meltdown.

In a way, I agree and I saw the case for a 10 team league (and defended it, to a certain extent, on here). I thought it was embarrassing though to see Hibs (and Aberdeen) side with the Old Firm on the money side whilst the other clubs, but some in particular, paid attention to their support and went against it for that reason.

blackpoolhibs
19-07-2011, 04:12 PM
I buy a season ticket and know its not worth it. I dont make every home game, but realise by buying the season book it helps with purchasing players during the close season.

It is getting to the stage where i ask myself again is it worth it. More and more games are being moved from Saturdays, and when it was just the old firm and derbys that were moved, now its Aberdeen. Where is this going to stop? As someone else pointed out, rantic have this every week, but at least their home games are kept mainly to Saturdays at 3pm, its just the rest of us who have their season books ripped apart with kick off times.

3pm
19-07-2011, 04:27 PM
I buy a season ticket and know its not worth it. I dont make every home game, but realise by buying the season book it helps with purchasing players during the close season.

It is getting to the stage where i ask myself again is it worth it. More and more games are being moved from Saturdays, and when it was just the old firm and derbys that were moved, now its Aberdeen. Where is this going to stop? As someone else pointed out, rantic have this every week, but at least their home games are kept mainly to Saturdays at 3pm, its just the rest of us who have their season books ripped apart with kick off times.

I'd bin the TV deal and get back to all games at 3pm on a Sat. Celtic and Rangers away games can go out on SKY and ESPN at 5pm by delayed transmission. The 2 uglies can still play live at noon on a Sunday.

I just wonder if we'd get more at the games...

blackpoolhibs
19-07-2011, 04:32 PM
I'd bin the TV deal and get back to all games at 3pm on a Sat. Celtic and Rangers away games can go out on SKY and ESPN at 5pm by delayed transmission. The 2 uglies can still play live at noon on a Sunday.

I just wonder if we'd get more at the games...

I dont think we could just rip it up, we rely on that money too much now. I also forgot the St Johnstone game is also postponed, probably to be moved to a tuesday night. saturday 3 pm games are like hens teeth now. The fans are the last thought when tv does its schedule. :rolleyes:

WhileTheChief..
19-07-2011, 06:16 PM
If getting the season ticket money in up front is so important does that mean that all the folk who renewed using the payment plan aren't supporting the club properly :wink:

WindyMiller
19-07-2011, 06:34 PM

IIRC it was stated at the AGM that, on average, a ST holder pays £12 per game.
19 home games per season = £228.

HibsMax
19-07-2011, 11:24 PM

Very much agree with the bit in bold. The club has done very well with the off-field business but now is the time to build the football club. If there is no intention of bolstering the team it raises the question, why bother with the other stuff then?

I don't think you're in a minority, the club does need to focus on these areas. They have to otherwise all the good work that has been completed is all for nothing.

CapitalHibs
19-07-2011, 11:47 PM
Sounds like (as Speedway has suggested) there still could be a deal with Sheridan.

One glaring issue raised by Hibs' performance last night was the lack of fire-power in attack, something Calderwood is hopeful could be solved in time for the arrival of Celtic this weekend. An offer is on the table to CSKA Sofia for former Parkhead marksman Cillian Sheridan following his recent trial spell, and Ghana internationalist Junior Agogo remains at the club, with a deal possible before Sunday should international clearance be secured in the wake of his exit from Cypriot club Apollon Limassol.

http://www.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Falkirk-1--1-Hibernian.6804335.jp

HibsMax
20-07-2011, 12:09 AM
Sounds like (as Speedway has suggested) there still could be a deal with Sheridan.

One glaring issue raised by Hibs' performance last night was the lack of fire-power in attack, something Calderwood is hopeful could be solved in time for the arrival of Celtic this weekend. An offer is on the table to CSKA Sofia for former Parkhead marksman Cillian Sheridan following his recent trial spell, and Ghana internationalist Junior Agogo remains at the club, with a deal possible before Sunday should international clearance be secured in the wake of his exit from Cypriot club Apollon Limassol.

http://www.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Falkirk-1--1-Hibernian.6804335.jp

I'm fed up with the media because it's them that have been adding fuel to the fire. They report something with a headline that makes it sounds like they actually have something definitive to say but then you read the story and learn that it's only "reported" or "thought to be". I guess they need to sell papers and ad space.

Here's the example I was looking for:
Link : http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Cillian-Sheridan-returns-to-Sofia.6803190.jp
Headline : Cillian Sheridan returns to Sofia with no Hibs deal
First Sentence : HIBS appear to have missed out on the signing of Cillian Sheridan with the striker due to return to Bulgaria today following a trial period at the Leith club.

Now it's true that he left and hasn't signed for Hibs but I think it's phrased purposefully to make us think the deal is definitely off...but I might be overly-sensitive. :)

CapitalHibs
20-07-2011, 12:15 AM
"There's an offer there to Cillian but in reality it's an offer to the club. You've got to get a reply. We'll sit and wait but we hope to have it shortly because we need to know, obviously."

Pretty definitive statement from Calderwood is it no?

PeterboroHibee
20-07-2011, 06:55 AM
I'm fed up with the media because it's them that have been adding fuel to the fire. They report something with a headline that makes it sounds like they actually have something definitive to say but then you read the story and learn that it's only "reported" or "thought to be". I guess they need to sell papers and ad space.

Link : http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Cillian-Sheridan-returns-to-Sofia.6803190.jp
First Sentence : HIBS appear to have missed out on the signing of Cillian Sheridan with the striker due to return to Bulgaria today following a trial period at the Leith club.

Now it's true that he left and hasn't signed for Hibs but I think it's phrased purposefully to make us think the deal is definitely off...but I might be overly-sensitive. :)

I agree with you, every headline tries to turn things into a major story, often without any proof or concrete evidence. The likes of the Sun and SSN said the deal was basically dead, yet a quote from Calderwood, someone who youd assume would genuinely know, suggests otherwise.

Hope we get Sheridan and Agogo in now tbh, last night was miserable, we could use as many options up front as possible.

steakbake
20-07-2011, 07:42 AM
Newspapers would be even less worth buying if the pages were blank - and no journalist would like it to be thought that they are out of the loop or don't know whit's goin oan in their area of expertise.

So we get stories like: A deal with Hibs appears to be...

Which then gets trotted out on here for a sorry thread several pages long bemoaning the apparent (but unconfirmed) 'fact' that a deal is off.

Aldo
20-07-2011, 08:18 AM
Put it this way. CS realises that his club at the moment are unable to pay his wage or wages.....if this is the case then surely they are in breach of contract and therefore he can rip it up and move on.

CS must also realise that some money is better than no money at all. I dont think he would of came if he didnt want to. Both CS and his agent will be well aware of the wages on offer and TBH I think his club want shot of him so they can re coup some money for him before he walks away from the .

I will be positive on this one and say that he will sign before the weekend. (Cos if he doesnt we are really going to struggle with only GOC as the only fit ST).

Stevie Reid
20-07-2011, 09:02 AM
In a way, I agree and I saw the case for a 10 team league (and defended it, to a certain extent, on here). I thought it was embarrassing though to see Hibs (and Aberdeen) side with the Old Firm on the money side whilst the other clubs, but some in particular, paid attention to their support and went against it for that reason.

Fair enough.

R'Albin
20-07-2011, 10:56 AM
"There is an offer there, to Cillian at the start, but in reality it's an offer to his club. We have to get a reply so we will sit and wait."

If successful, Calderwood admitted he didn't envisage any further arrivals, saying: "I think it we could complete them (Agogo and Sheridan] that would be good ammunition for us."

http://sport.scotsman.com/spl/Baptism-of-fire-for-Junior.6804518.jp?articlepage=1

Actual quotes for a change!

Cropley10
20-07-2011, 11:04 AM
"There is an offer there, to Cillian at the start, but in reality it's an offer to his club. We have to get a reply so we will sit and wait."

If successful, Calderwood admitted he didn't envisage any further arrivals, saying: "I think it we could complete them (Agogo and Sheridan] that would be good ammunition for us."

http://sport.scotsman.com/spl/Baptism-of-fire-for-Junior.6804518.jp?articlepage=1

Actual quotes for a change!

Can Agogo play RB? :devil:

dangermouse
20-07-2011, 02:55 PM
Can Agogo play RB? :devil:

No idea, but I'll be starting in the right back berth in a kick about at Saughton Astro within the hour. If CC happens to walk by and offer me a starting place for Sunday then we are doomed :greengrin

CapitalHibs
20-07-2011, 03:07 PM
No idea, but I'll be starting in the right back berth in a kick about at Saughton Astro within the hour. If CC happens to walk by and offer me a starting place for Sunday then we are doomed :greengrin

http://www.sevillafc.es/_www/equipos.php?op=jug&id=881

:dunno:

Andy74
20-07-2011, 03:16 PM
"There's an offer there to Cillian but in reality it's an offer to the club. You've got to get a reply. We'll sit and wait but we hope to have it shortly because we need to know, obviously."

Pretty definitive statement from Calderwood is it no?

Until the Tache comments its all second hand rumour. :wink:

J-C
20-07-2011, 03:20 PM
http://www.sevillafc.es/_www/equipos.php?op=jug&id=881

:dunno:

Ah the mysterious Spaniard we'd heard was here, a ghost maybe cause know ones seen or heard of him.

Speedway
20-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Clearance expected Thurs PM for Agogo so wouldn't expect an announcement until Friday.

I wonder if CC would go 4-4-2 if Agogo can play on Sunday and if so, I presume he won't play two wingers so who would play the LM position? (Please don't say Lewis)

Wheat Hound
20-07-2011, 03:48 PM
Clearance expected Thurs PM for Agogo so wouldn't expect an announcement until Friday.I wonder if CC would go 4-4-2 if Agogo can play on Sunday and if so, I presume he won't play two wingers so who would play the LM position? (Please don't say Lewis) Possibly Murray at LM to cover Boothy going forward?

bingo70
20-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Clearance expected Thurs PM for Agogo so wouldn't expect an announcement until Friday.

I wonder if CC would go 4-4-2 if Agogo can play on Sunday and if so, I presume he won't play two wingers so who would play the LM position? (Please don't say Lewis)

Why not?

If he's playing one winger he's bound to be playing another on the other side or all our attacks will be coming down the right hand side?

I'd have thought if we're playing 442 it'll be Ivan on the right and Galbraith or Wotherspoon on the left

Speedway
20-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Why not?

If he's playing one winger he's bound to be playing another on the other side or all our attacks will be coming down the right hand side?

I'd have thought if we're playing 442 it'll be Ivan on the right and Galbraith or Wotherspoon on the left

Leaves us potentially overrun in the centre.

I think he'll go with four across the middle and one slightly futher forward.

truehibernian
20-07-2011, 07:58 PM
Leaves us potentially overrun in the centre.

I think he'll go with four across the middle and one slightly futher forward.

I think CC will go 4-5-1 speedway. Lennon won't be daft and I think against Hibs he prefers playing Stokes and Hooper up top together. If Maloney is fit then I can see Celtic trying to win the game early and going a hard and fast 4-3-3, with pressure on Taggart and Booth, Taggart due to inexperience, Booth to prevent him getting forward.

Palsson and Stevenson to get in about Scott Brown would be beneficial. Victor, for me, this pre-season, has looked lethargic. He plays better when mixing it up, and Brown will know this. That could be a ding dong battle which if VP keeps his cool, he can win. Stevenson whilst not the best physically, has an engine to track Celtic's midfield runner, usually Ledley. Scott can assist both when doubling up on the man in possession.

Whatever CC does, I pray to god he doesn't play De Graaf. Not a game to bring someone in low on confidence and certainly not a midfield to play against when he wants/needs the kind of time on the ball he needs. Don't rate him, never have, this pre-season has cemented my opinion.

My team would have a midfield 5 of Galbraith (good pre-season, looks sharp), Scott (not everyones cup of tea, but high energy, playing against his boyhood heroes), Stevenson, Palsson and Thornhill................GOC up top on his own. Always a willing runner and good at closing down and chasing lost cause balls.

Really not looking forward to this one though. Last night's performance has me worried not only for Celtic, but for the next 3 games too.

SmokieJoe
20-07-2011, 08:07 PM

I agree 100% with you, bias view from the media is terrible, another example, althogh slightly offthread is, GoC and Ian Black, both allegedly caught with allegedly drugs (dont want to land me or the site in a libel case) the press started with Footballer ace (yes i know not gramatically correct, but as shown on BBC text) to describe Ian Black, and Goc got no such accolade attached to his report on the same BBC service?

And lets face it, what has Black done his football carear? fek all, as for GoC, International caps/goals/winner in Russian cup final/played in EPL/has more money than the HMFC squad put together! not sure about the last bit, but you get my point surely?

SteveHFC
20-07-2011, 09:00 PM

R'Albin
20-07-2011, 09:02 PM

Seriously can the BBC not find another picture of Sheridan!

Postman
20-07-2011, 09:14 PM
Here's hoping! Would be just the boost everyone needs ahead of Sunday

EK_Hibs
20-07-2011, 09:18 PM
Some fud on Sickback claiming Sheridan is set to sign for St Johnstone tomorrow.Now, It's more than likely a load of baws but just the thought of us losing out to St Johnstone makes me feel a bit sick!!

marinello59
20-07-2011, 09:22 PM
]Some fud on Sickback claiming Sheridan[/B] is set to sign for St Johnstone tomorrow.Now, It's more than likely a load of baws but just the thought of us losing out to St Johnstone makes me feel a bit sick!!

I really didn't need to read any more.

R'Albin
20-07-2011, 09:39 PM
Some fud on Sickback claiming Sheridan is set to sign for St Johnstone tomorrow.Now, It's more than likely a load of baws but just the thought of us losing out to St Johnstone makes me feel a bit sick!!

On Kickback! Must be true:agree:

silverhibee
20-07-2011, 09:43 PM

Lewis. :greengrin