PDA

View Full Version : Hibs v Falkirk - Parking

Twiglet
17-07-2011, 07:17 PM
Does anyone know where I can park in Falkirk on Tuesday night for the match?
I've never been there before and the Falkirk website doesn't mention anything about it. On google maps, there does seem to be a car park at the stadium, does it get opened for match days/nights?

Frogga
17-07-2011, 07:20 PM
I usually park at Forth Valley college which is about a 5min walk away. There's also the old climbing wall centre which is next to the college. I'm not 100% over whether they will be accessible on the night but I'd expect to be able to park at one of them.

I think you can also park at the stadium for a couple of quid.

EDIT: to answer your question, there is a car park for fans at the stadium but it's not tarmac, it's stones and gravel. It's right outside the away stand.

shagpile
17-07-2011, 07:21 PM
Parked at the stadium last time i visited. £5 i think ,but can't really remember.

Twiglet
17-07-2011, 07:28 PM
Thanks guys. I'll have a look at the places you mentioned.
I'm hoping for a lovely sunny day in Falkirk on Tuesday, I was gutted the match was cancelled yesterday.

woody47
17-07-2011, 07:28 PM
I've never been there before and the Falkirk website doesn't mention anything about it. On google maps, there does seem to be a car park at the stadium, does it get opened for match days/nights?

A lot of people park over the bridge on the way into Grangemouth. Only a few minutes walk from the stadium. Also seem to remember paying £5 to park on gravel outside stadium ONCE!

Iggy Pope
17-07-2011, 07:30 PM

Sure there's a Hibby on here from Falkirk. Falkirkhibby, FalkirkHibee or somesuch. He seems sound! PM him. He'll let you park in his drive surely. It will set you back about 2 quid at the stadium.

Carheenlea
17-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Always park in the housing estate opposite the main stand. Never a problem on SPL buisness so won`t be a problem for this. No need to be handing over money for car parks at this encounter

Allant1981
17-07-2011, 08:54 PM
As already said there are plenty of places to park, college area has plenty of spaces. I work in falkirk and its been raining pretty much non stop the last couple of days so hopefully the pitch will be ok

Sir David Gray
17-07-2011, 10:03 PM
The college is within walking distance and has enough parking for a number of cars. Falkirk town centre is a bit away from the stadium so I don't recommend walking it from there.

If you're willing to pay a few pounds, you can park right outside the away stand.

I'll let you park at my house if anyone fancies it for a small fee. The only problem is that it would take you about 40 minutes to walk to the stadium! :greengrin

NYHibby
17-07-2011, 10:15 PM
Is this game actually going to be worth the £12?

Sir David Gray
17-07-2011, 10:35 PM

Probably not but just think to yourself, you get the privilege of spending a couple of hours in Falkirk!

That's worth more than £12 alone. :agree:

Removed
17-07-2011, 10:36 PM
Is this game actually going to be worth the £12? :agree: was surprised at the price myself

cabbageandribs1875
17-07-2011, 10:55 PM
think i'l pay for the car park :greengrin

KdyHby
18-07-2011, 04:21 PM

They charged £15 for the Leeds match last week, certainly wasn't worth it.

Andy74
18-07-2011, 05:39 PM

I think you know the answer to that one!

Falkirk_bairn
18-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Parking is available behind the North Stand (away end), I think the price is £4. Alternative parking is available for free at Forth Valley College and towards Grangemouth, sign posted as Overflow Parking.

Twiglet
19-07-2011, 08:06 AM
After all that it may not matter where i can park because my exhaust just fell off. :-(

Speedway
19-07-2011, 08:26 AM
Is the following worth £12 notes?

Brown

Wotherspoon
O'Hanlon
Hanlon
Booth

Sproule
Eddie
Thornhill
Stevenson