PDA

View Full Version : The new season, are you excited about it or not?

blackpoolhibs
17-07-2011, 03:28 PM
Well? :dunno:

Should have also added tell us why?

Ed De Gramo
17-07-2011, 03:29 PM

Yes....maybe should have added a poll :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
17-07-2011, 03:32 PM

Yes, always excited when a new season arrives........New sense of optimism:agree:

Hibernian Verse
17-07-2011, 03:34 PM
What's life without hope and optimism!

Future17
17-07-2011, 03:36 PM
I'd describe it as a feeling of nervous anticipation rather than excitement.

Glad to have GOC and IS back, anxious that we haven't signed more players but interested to see youth get its chance. Disappointed in CC, hopeful of challenging for a European place and a cup win, but fearful that a few injuries to key players might see us struggle as badly as last season.

CB_NO3
17-07-2011, 03:40 PM
No really. I think its going to be a struggle. The best we can hope for is 6th IMO unless wee get another 2 or 3 decent signings.

blackpoolhibs
17-07-2011, 03:40 PM
I'm excited about Ivan and Garry coming back, Ivan always excited me whenever he either came off the bench or was running full pelt down the wing.

The other thing i'm really excited about is the emergence of Callum Booth, i genuinely think we have a superstar in the making here. Hopefully one or two of the kids will break through, but the rest is pretty much meh.

Sir David Gray
17-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Can't wait to see Ivan Sproule back in a Hibs shirt. I was gutted that I didn't see him yesterday.

However, I think that to say I'm excited about the new season would be pushing it a bit.

Hibbyradge
17-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Not excited in the slightest.

At the moment, I can't see me attending many games at all.

Bigotry, narrow mindedness, fans abusing our own players are among the reasons.

The lack of ability and lack of decent football in the SPL, are another two.

Removed
17-07-2011, 03:51 PM
Well? :dunno:Should have also added tell us why? Never looked forward to a new season less. I would normally be well up for it by now but I can't be arsed. I did renew early though but more out of habit tbh.Why? Last season still fresh in my memory. All the sectarian and referee nonsense hasn't gone away. CC uncertainty. KO times switched to suit armchair supporters while paying punters get shat on. Still think we have a pretty weak squad and whilst we may get some more players in I can't see us doing any better than last season. I blame it on the new strips :bitchy:

Wilson
17-07-2011, 03:55 PM
Well? :dunno:Should have also added tell us why? The lack of signings does not inspire confidence. I'm looking forward to seeing sproule and o'connor. That and the chance of progressing more of our young players. Overall though I would say I am concerned more than excited.

offshorehibby
17-07-2011, 03:58 PM
Always look forward to a new season. Clean slate and hope that this will our year. If you don't look forward what's the point.

R'Albin
17-07-2011, 04:01 PM
I am, although mainly because I miss football while it's off.

As for us....I'm unsure one or two more a additions and we have a good starting 11 but I feel a few injuries and we could be in trouble.

Andy74
17-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Got to say our big opportunity to totally change the squad has amounted to not a lot really.

Can't say we are any better than we have been recently and the manager farce has just added to it.

Maybe East Fife was different but against a quick passing team like Livingston it was quite obvious we are not going to try and play that way ourselves. All balls over the top.

So no, nothing much to get too interested about.

we are hibs
17-07-2011, 04:07 PM
im feeling nervous but i really think the next two weeks are the biggest off the season for us we need a right back two strikers and another cm. but i think the players will be up for the game vs celtic and we are the underdogs.we are capable of beating celtic but not confident for inverness away and killie away

MWHIBBIES
17-07-2011, 04:10 PM
Yes because we are going to win the scottish cup.

Hibernian Verse
17-07-2011, 04:13 PM

:faf::faf::faf::faf:

Saorsa
17-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Have tae say I've never been less interested, if I hadnae renewed when I did in April (get your money in early so the manager can rebuild the team :rolleyes: ) I'm no sure I'd bother now TBH. I can see this season is going tae be another 400 quid doon the *****ter. This was a chance tae rebuild but little has happened, we may have got rid of a lot of the dross but we are short of decent replacements, the windae may still be open but we should have had more in place before the start of the season. Cannae say I'm happy now that Calderwood is still here either.

KeithTheHibby
17-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Can't wait for the season to start and what better way to start than home to the lesser greens?

To be honest Hibs could be managerless, have lost all pre-season friendlies and be a total shambles and I would still look forward to the start.

Why? Because I am a Hibby and it's in the blood.

Matty_Jack04
17-07-2011, 04:45 PM
Not excited in the slightest.At the moment, I can't see me attending many games at all.Bigotry, narrow mindedness, fans abusing our own players are among the reasons.The lack of ability and lack of decent football in the SPL, are another two. Here here

IWasThere2016
17-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Yes - GOC and especially Ivan are good reasons. O'Hanlon is the no nonsense CH we needed.

I expect to see Thornhill and Crawford doing well also - and a fit Stack will be a huge plus also.

We do - without doubt - need more quality signings - two or three preferably.

I have faith in CC - he has an eye for a player IMO.

Glory Glory to the Hibees :thumbsup:

matty_f
17-07-2011, 05:05 PM
I'm fairly excited about it, without going overboard though.

I think we'll see better team performances from us this season, more coherent attacking and a better and more determined defensive attitude when we need it.

I think we're still short of what we need, but I think the foundations are now laid for CC to build on - a strong spine to the team, some pace, some power, and some width. We won't trouble the top two, and I think we're long outsiders for third, but I think fourth is there for the taking.

R'Albin
17-07-2011, 05:07 PM
I'm fairly excited about it, without going overboard though.

I think we'll see better team performances from us this season, more coherent attacking and a better and more determined defensive attitude when we need it.

I think we're still short of what we need, but I think the foundations are now laid for CC to build on - a strong spine to the team, some pace, some power, and some width. We won't trouble the top two, and I think we're long outsiders for third, but I think fourth is there for the taking.

:agree: Especially the bit in bold, and I think when he was fit, Stack brought us that last season and hopefully O'Hanlon will help as well.

jakki
17-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Looking forward to this season as its the first time I've got STs and I've got a really great person to go with me to the celtc game. :flag:

yekimevol
17-07-2011, 05:10 PM

:top marks

down-the-slope
17-07-2011, 05:21 PM
:agree: glass is generally half full.....at start of new season or cup campaign...its more so

Brebners Bookie
17-07-2011, 05:21 PM
Cant wait! Sproule down the wings. GoC in the box. Finally some youngsters coming through. Roll on the septic.:flag:

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Not excited in the slightest. This for me, very sad! Never thought i'd see this day, but, its here!

silverhibee
17-07-2011, 05:50 PM
I'm excited about Ivan and Garry coming back, Ivan always excited me whenever he either came off the bench or was running full pelt down the wing.

The other thing i'm really excited about is the emergence of Callum Booth, i genuinely think we have a superstar in the making here. Hopefully one or two of the kids will break through, but the rest is pretty much meh.

:agree:
Rod will have a hard job keeping this young lad at ER if he keeps improving the way he is at Hibs.

Saorsa
17-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Rod will have a hard job keeping this young lad at ER if he keeps improving the way he is at Hibs.He'll no bother about that, just as long as he gets plenty for him tae help out with the book balancing.

HibbyDave
17-07-2011, 05:54 PM
Not remotely excited and most likely won't bother going to the Celtc match.

High number of players out and re-building of the team non-existant. All season ticket money to go on players....Yea right.

Come on Hibs, publish numbers of season tickets sold and clearly explain to the fans where the cash has gone.

Meantime I won't hold my breath waiting for the details.

Sorry for the moan etc .....Just got fed up being treated like a mushroom (kept in the dark and fed a load of Sh*t).

hibsbollah
17-07-2011, 05:56 PM
Massively so. Cant wait for sunday.Reasons include seeing the new signings esp. GOC and Ivan, new seat, and just that 'anything is possible' first day feeling.

Spike Mandela
17-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Got my season tkt but miss first three games of season due to holiday but can't say I'm bothered.

Like others have said I have never looked forward to a new season less however I'm sure I will react to events. Win our first three games I will be chomping at the bit to get to a game, lose our first three I will be dreading it.

To be honest I only go for the beer,

Alfred E Newman
17-07-2011, 06:01 PM
I`ve got my season ticket but if the SPL were to announce they were cancelling the forthcoming season it wouldn`t bother me in the least. To be honest I am more excited about my holidays coming up.

TheEastTerrace
17-07-2011, 06:06 PM
There's a new SPL season starting?

Couldn't give a monkeys - the laughable and amateurish campaign to restructure the SPL reflected exactly the joke football nation we've become. Wake me up when the fat lady has finally sang on Scottish football. Last season was the final straw for me, from our own club's pathetic performance to referee revolts, shameful sectarianism, death threats, etc, etc.

The Voice Of Reason
17-07-2011, 06:08 PM
I am looking forward to the new season, like I always do.....but I really do fear the worst for this season.

As well as having a manager who wants to be elsewhere and no assistant Manager, I just don't think players like Stevenson, Wothersoon (duck!), De Graaf, Hart are good enough.

We have lost Riordan and Miller and we have De Graaf back on our books for christs sake !

Hope I am proved wrong, but I am not looking forward to Celtic humping us on Sunday (and Hearts gubbing us regularly too, as seems likely). :boo hoo:

7th at best IMO.

TheEastTerrace
17-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Not remotely excited and most likely won't bother going to the Celtc match.

High number of players out and re-building of the team non-existant. All season ticket money to go on players....Yea right.

Come on Hibs, publish numbers of season tickets sold and clearly explain to the fans where the cash has gone.

Meantime I won't hold my breath waiting for the details.

Sorry for the moan etc .....Just got fed up being treated like a mushroom (kept in the dark and fed a load of Sh*t).

Goes two ways - we'll hear nada, because I suspect the season tickets sales are well down.

Still nothing like a bit of shameless emotional blackmail to shift season tickets eh?! I read that 'statement' from Calderwood about season tickets on the website a couple of months ago and couldn't believe what I was reading.

marinello59
17-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Roll on Sunday. On match days I really don't care about all the off field stuff, I just want to watch Hibs play. :thumbsup:

The Voice Of Reason
17-07-2011, 06:15 PM
Roll on Sunday. On match days I really don't care about all the off field stuff, I just want to watch Hibs play. :thumbsup:

"I just want to watch Hibs play"......yes, but it is good if we play well and win.

I would rather not watch Hibs play crap and get humped to Celtic, Rangers and more importantly Hearts, all of which seem extremely likely to me based on last season.

I salute your indefaticability my dear and hope I am proved wrong ! :agree:

Craig_in_Prague
17-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Looking forward to 1st match coz I'm on my hols and although next Sunday is my last day, I'll still get to see it in some Irish pub and hope we can turn them over. Excited that GOC and Sproule are back.... But in truth, for the season as a whole I can only see many drab performances and our usual rubbish derby record and the defeats at Inverness, Killie, Perth etc will continue. We'll also continue to be a soft team that is rolled over quite easily.
I can't see this site in particular being a nice place come October or so........

I'm afraid that despite being only 31 soon I'm becoming to 'accept' Hibs are just pish and are just another bog standard side in a mince league. I feel sorry for the fans though turning up for all the home games and are getting ridiculous times and days more often than not and are paying good money but seeing serious tosh for it, but thank you for supporting the club nontheless!!

Well, let's hope the GOC and Sproule impact will go a lot further than I suspect and we add to the squad before the window slams shut.... and end up going on to have a good season, be more aggresive in our play and also play with a bit more excitement than last season....... Otherwise we're gonna have nice shiny stands with hardly anyone in it soon.......

GGTTH

:flag:

hibsbollah
17-07-2011, 06:54 PM
Roll on Sunday. On match days I really don't care about all the off field stuff, I just want to watch Hibs play. :thumbsup:Thats it in a nutshell.

Jonnyboy
17-07-2011, 07:01 PM

Excited? Yes - just like I get excited at the start of every season

Optimistic? Not at the moment, no. We are two or three signings away from having enough strength in depth to cover injuries and or suspensions

SquashedFrogg
17-07-2011, 07:09 PM

Well don't bother then. I'd rather have 1 more extra empty seat than have another miserable fan like you at Easter Road. :cgwa

The Hurricane
17-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Never been so pessimistic for a long long time. The quality of player that we were hoping
for eg. Rooney, Porter Caldwell etc. to really improve the Team failed to materialise as per.
Hopefully GOC and IS will perform but some of the existing squad will never be good enough
eg. Stevenson, Galbraith, Hart, De Graff . We are so short of numbers we need at least 3 more,
RB Creative midfielder and probably 2 Strikers. Going to be a long tough season.:boo hoo:
Praying to be wrong though.

Nando™
17-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Up until this season, I have never truly though there was any danger of us getting relegated, but this year I do.

St Mirren have improved their squad well and Dunfermline will not be 4-0 turnovers like they have been in the last 2 pre-seasons.

'****ting my pants' is a good way to iterate my prediction for this season.

Darth Hibbie
17-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Yes, always excited when a new season arrives........New sense of optimism:agree:

Always look forward to a new season. Clean slate and hope that this will our year. If you don't look forward what's the point.

Massively so. Cant wait for sunday.Reasons include seeing the new signings esp. GOC and Ivan, new seat, and just that 'anything is possible' first day feeling.

Excited? Yes - just like I get excited at the start of every season

Optimistic? Not at the moment, no. We are two or three signings away from having enough strength in depth to cover injuries and or suspensions

All of the above. Can't wait for the season to start. No doubt Hibs will do the usual and bitterly disappoint me :greengrin

Judas Iscariot
17-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Nope, didn't renew ST, won't be at the game next week as I've got a cup final to play in and just generally not really interested :cool2:

Iggy Pope
17-07-2011, 07:20 PM
See pre-season thread.

I'm not excited, no. Celtic first game and a generally tough start with a squad looking weaker than the pitiful mob we ended last season with as well as a manager that doesnt know if he's out for the papers or coming back with the rolls. But enough has been said about that countless times elsewhere. Same goes for all the nay-saying about our cowp of a pitch of course, unrealistic transfer targets due to lack of cash, a ****ty new home kit (with the away one no better) and the random estimates about the season tickets sold.

But hopefully come the end of the week I will be beside myself.

Unless it rains a wee bit of course.

Glory, Glory etc etc

greenlex
17-07-2011, 07:21 PM
nope, didn't renew st, won't be at the game next week as i've got a cup final to play in and just generally not really interested :cool2:
ltyf

SquashedFrogg
17-07-2011, 07:23 PM
All of the above. Can't wait for the season to start. No doubt Hibs will do the usual and bitterly disappoint me :greengrin

That's the spirit. Although every season brings differing levels of optimism, if you love football and love Hibs then you've got to look forward to the new season..

:flag::flag::flag::flag:

Iggy Pope
17-07-2011, 07:24 PM
Nope, didn't renew ST, won't be at the game next week as I've got a cup final to play in and just generally not really interested :cool2:

Just as a matter of interest, what cup final? Not a Sunday Summer league surely? Can you not get a game with a proper outfit?

Matty_Jack04
17-07-2011, 07:24 PM
Well don't bother then. I'd rather have 1 more extra empty seat than have another miserable fan like you at Easter Road. :cgwa I'l give it a month before your whining about attendances being *****.

joebakerforever
17-07-2011, 07:25 PM
With no meaningful investment in quality (no surprise if it's correct that Petrie cut the budget for 2011/12, hence Calderwood's indifference to whether or not he stays :wink:) we're banking on some of the younger players blossoming as well as messrs Murray, Sproule & O'Connor arresting the decline in their abilities.

Hope things do take an upturn, but based on the current state, realistically we're going to be toiling again because of the Board short changing the fans that pay to watch.

Hiber-nation
17-07-2011, 07:26 PM
Maybe slightly more excited than the start of last season. Only just. Its something to get me out the house on a Saturday or Sunday. And that's about it. I'm actually more concerned about the state the pitch is going to be in.

Its good to see folk on here really looking forward to the season. Have to say I've yet to meet one but its really good to see.

heretoday
17-07-2011, 07:28 PM
I'm looking forward to the season down south more than in Scotland. There's always something of interest going on in the Prem whereas the standard of football in the SPL gets steadily worse each year.

Of course I'll be going through the usual agonies like every Hibs fan. It's a disease.....

Dashing Bob S
17-07-2011, 07:29 PM
On a scale of 1-10, ten being ecstatic, I'd say about minus five.

A crap team amongst 11 others in a tedious league.

SquashedFrogg
17-07-2011, 07:33 PM
I'l give it a month before your whining about attendances being *****.

Nah, just can't be arsed with negative supporters of my club. Sure, have an opinion, yes, but at least try and maintain some level of reality. We have one the square route of hee-haw over the last 100 odd years so why panic??

The OP said "narrow mindedness, fans abusing our own players are among the reasons" he'll not be attending much. But that is exactly the traits he demonstrates.

Contradiction??

SquashedFrogg
17-07-2011, 07:34 PM
On a scale of 1-10, ten being ecstatic, I'd say about minus five.

A crap team amongst 11 others in a tedious league.

Well why post on here and why bother??

Judas Iscariot
17-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Just as a matter of interest, what cup final? Not a Sunday Summer league surely? Can you not get a game with a proper outfit? Its a Bowls cup final..That ok with you?!

johnrebus
17-07-2011, 07:41 PM
I'l give it a month before your whining about attendances being *****.

On that subject, I doubt if we will get 12,000 next Sunday

Gatecrasher
17-07-2011, 07:42 PM
not as much as i usually am, i suppose its better with the football on than off.

SquashedFrogg
17-07-2011, 07:43 PM
Its a Bowls cup final..That ok with you?!

Depends if it's a 2 bowl or 4 bowl? :wink:

Dashing Bob S
17-07-2011, 07:43 PM

Ehm, perhaps you could look at the question the original poster asked, "are you excited about it" (the new season) "or not?"

I posted with my honest answer.

If that offends your delicate sensibilities, I'm perfectly prepared to lie:

"I'm highly excited at the prospect of this new season. We have a coach who has a reputation for attacking football, played with great flair and skill, is 100% committed to the club, and has made some inspirational signings. Already booking my flight to Arctic Circle for next year. Bring it on!"

Better?

blackpoolhibs
17-07-2011, 07:46 PM

Didn't know I only asked for those who were positive about the coming season.

Iggy Pope
17-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Its a Bowls cup final..That ok with you?!

Of course it's OK with me. Wrongly assumed it would be football related.

Fully explains why you are uninterested about a big football match this coming weekend.

Hibbyradge
17-07-2011, 07:50 PM
Well don't bother then. I'd rather have 1 more extra empty seat than have another miserable fan like you at Easter Road. :cgwa

Thanks for your permission. I'll ensure you get what you want! :thumbsup:

Who are you though and why haven't you answered the OP's question?

Hibbyradge
17-07-2011, 07:53 PM
Nah, just can't be arsed with negative supporters of my club. Sure, have an opinion, yes, but at least try and maintain some level of reality. We have one the square route of hee-haw over the last 100 odd years so why panic??

The OP said "narrow mindedness, fans abusing our own players are among the reasons" he'll not be attending much. But that is exactly the traits he demonstrates.

Contradiction??

:faf:

Do you actually know what narrow minded means? In what way am I demonstrating it?

In what way am I abusing Hibs players?

SquashedFrogg
17-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Ehm, perhaps you could look at the question the original poster asked, "are you excited about it" (the new season) "or not?"

I posted with my honest answer.

If that offends your delicate sensibilities, I'm perfectly prepared to lie:

"I'm highly excited at the prospect of this new season. We have a coach who has a reputation for attacking football, played with great flair and skill, is 100% committed to the club, and has made some inspirational signings. Already booking my flight to Arctic Circle for next year. Bring it on!"

Better?

Thanks for answering my question. No need to lie but if you feel the need to, please keep it for the PM board.

My point is too many people on here forget what happens every single year. Been watching Hibs over 30 years and apart from a handful of seasons we've achieved nowt.

Here's hoping we have a better season than you are anticipating.

In answer to the op question, yes, I'm looking forward to the new season.

But with your attitude, why don't you head west on a Saturday?

:flag::flag::cgwa

SquashedFrogg
17-07-2011, 07:56 PM
:faf:

Do you actually know what narrow minded means? In what way am I demonstrating it?

In what way am I abusing Hibs players?

Glad you're laughing :crazy:

I quote you "The lack of ability and lack of decent football in the SPL, are another two."

Is that not narrow minded?:aok:

SquashedFrogg
17-07-2011, 07:58 PM
My original point is/was, if you're not excited why bother?

darwenhibby
17-07-2011, 08:00 PM
Canny wait for the new season.

Even got a supporters bus going to the Blackpool game M65 Branch.

Its time to be more positive about the forthcoming season.:flag:

sesoim
17-07-2011, 08:04 PM
I'm looking forward to the new season, but mostly because it's better to have football than no football.

Hibs were awful in defence last season, and one League One defender wont sort everything - we need another CB and RB. I'm happy enough with the signings, but three is nowhere near enough with a week to go.

CC was lucky to get the Hibs job whatever he might think, and it is now clear Petrie will keep CC no matter how bad we are next season. Petrie knows that if CC flops again, his own neck will also be on the block.

So, I have huge reservations about the new season, but who knows, we might pull a couple of great signings out the hat in the next few days and everything will turn out alright. Frankly, looking at the other teams, we'd have to be pretty awful to finish in the bottom six again.

Removed
17-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Thanks for answering my question. No need to lie but if you feel the need to, please keep it for the PM board.My point is too many people on here forget what happens every single year. Been watching Hibs over 30 years and apart from a handful of seasons we've achieved nowt.Here's hoping we have a better season than you are anticipating.In answer to the op question, yes, I'm looking forward to the new season. But with your attitude, why don't you head west on a Saturday? :flag::flag::cgwaDid you actually read the op's question?So should I just 'head west' as well then :rolleyes:

jdships
17-07-2011, 08:15 PM
Given all the rumours and counter rumours it is going to be like a journey into the unknown :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
17-07-2011, 08:16 PM
Thanks for answering my question. No need to lie but if you feel the need to, please keep it for the PM board.

My point is too many people on here forget what happens every single year. Been watching Hibs over 30 years and apart from a handful of seasons we've achieved nowt.

Here's hoping we have a better season than you are anticipating.

In answer to the op question, yes, I'm looking forward to the new season.

But with your attitude, why don't you head west on a Saturday?

:flag::flag::cgwa

Thanks for absolving me of the need to lie.

I also hope we have a better season than I'm anticipating.

Don't understand why I you think I would 'head west' on a Saturday, just because I'm not particularly optimistic about the forthcoming season?

I'm a Hibs supporter, always have been, always will be. Joining some sectarian/glory hunting festival in Glasgow holds absolutely no appeal to me whatsoever. In fact, I'd rather hack of my hee-haws with a rusty saw.

I didn't realise the question was about my level of commitment to Hibs as a fan. I thought it was about about how optimistic I feel about the forthcoming season. I answered as I felt.

I've felt like this before and been correct - we've been poor. Felt like it before and been pleasantly surprised. Have also felt as if it was going to be our year, and we've been poor. Felt optimistic about Mowbray and we were very good then.

All this is just my own view of how I feel now in response to the OP's question. A new signing, and I might be frothing at the mouth for the first game. I might anyway, after another week passes.

It doesn't mean anything. I'm not sabotaging our season by expressing an honest view of how I feel about it. If I had that power I would follow both the OF and Hearts, and express the view that neither club was going to win a single game in the forthcoming season.

sesoim
17-07-2011, 08:16 PM

If you are talking about the odd silly song, I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill. Anyway, there a lot more offensive/harmful things going on at games than people singing non-politically correct songs. Political correctness is just an excuse for folk to try and act superior as far as I'm concerned.

Iggy Pope
17-07-2011, 08:26 PM

What a shame that would be after so many years though.

Who do you blame then? Surely not the fans? And Hibs and football in general have been rank for long periods of time before now.

Is it the Internet to blame?
:wink:

frazeHFC
17-07-2011, 08:35 PM
I am excited, but nervous and worried.

Mikey
17-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Is it the Internet to blame?
:wink:

The constant stream of negativity on here has to be having an affect on supporters.

The sad thing is, much of it ranges from misinformation to bare faced lies.

sleeping giant
17-07-2011, 08:46 PM
I'm the least excited about the coming season as i ever have been.

Removed
17-07-2011, 08:49 PM
I'm the least excited about the coming season as i ever have been. Do you want me to pick you up then to share fuel costs heading to Glasgow? Ibrox or Parkhead, you got any preferences, or will we just wait and see whose at the top of the league each week?

sleeping giant
17-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Do you want me to pick you up then to share fuel costs heading to Glasgow? Ibrox or Parkhead, you got any preferences, or will we just wait and see whose at the top of the league each week?

My seat is bought and paid for. I#m going to have to endure it i'm afraid:greengrin

Decent punter in the row infront of me is moving to the East. Bet i end up with another erse !!

Nut , just not feeling the usual opimism that normally sweeps over me when a new season is about to begin.

Removed
17-07-2011, 08:56 PM
My seat is bought and paid for. I#m going to have to endure it i'm afraid:greengrinDecent punter in the row infront of me is moving to the East. Bet i end up with another erse !!Nut , just not feeling the usual opimism that normally sweeps over me when a new season is about to begin. I heard the Arab was thinking about moving her seat :wink:

zlatan
17-07-2011, 09:04 PM
http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr176/Gopherivv/FJ%20reactions/sort_of_want_208.jpg

Iggy Pope
17-07-2011, 09:09 PM
The constant stream of negativity on here has to be having an affect on supporters.

sleeping giant
17-07-2011, 09:10 PM
I heard the Arab was thinking about moving her seat :wink:

Her seat was moving when she was flirting with me :agree:

Dirty bitch:slipper:

Removed
17-07-2011, 09:13 PM
Her seat was moving when she was flirting with me :agree:Dirty bitch:slipper: You'd need balls of steel J :agree:

ArabHibee
17-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Her seat was moving when she was flirting with me :agree:Dirty bitch:slipper:
You'd need balls of steel J :agree:You 2 seem to have forgotten I know where you both sit.:witch:

Hibbyradge
17-07-2011, 09:28 PM
If you are talking about the odd silly song, I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill. Anyway, there a lot more offensive/harmful things going on at games than people singing non-politically correct songs. Political correctness is just an excuse for folk to try and act superior as far as I'm concerned.

The odd silly song? Oh dear.

The songs are bad enough, I agree. Hibs fans singing the Edinburgh Song makes me feel ashamed.

Were the bombs and bullets sent to Neil Lennon and the attack on him on a football pitch
just molehills too?

Huns with their repetiore of hate disgusts me more and more as I get older, but the fact that we tolerate it, is beyond belief. And you clearly do tolerate it. In fact, you're making excuses for it.

Anyway, there a lot more offensive/harmful things going on at games than people singing non-politically correct songs.

That's an interesting argument. What should I be offended by? Maybe I've missed something.

You didn't really think that through, did you? :rolleyes:

Who mentioned silly songs anyway? :confused:

Political correctness is just an excuse for folk to try and act superior as far as I'm concerned.

Another interesting idea. Are you suggesting that anyone who says thay don't like racists, sexists, homophobes and bigots are only saying so to feel superior?

Anyway, I don't recall mentioning political correctness, whatever that may be.

In fact, the only people who ever use the phrase "politically correct" are people who complain about other people having different values to them.

I've been watching Hibs home and away for more than 40 years. This is the first year, in more than half your life, that I haven't bought a season ticket.

Yet you explain that decision away with a glib "PC" insult.

Convenient.

BoltonHibee
17-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Can't wait for the up coming season to end!

More of the same old crap

Jamesie
17-07-2011, 10:20 PM
My original point is/was, if you're not excited why bother?

It's a good question. I live near to the ground, and I think if I wasn't there and could hear the games going on I'd probably feel guilty. Plus it's a social occasion and I get to see my mates. If they weren't renewing I think I'd be seriously reconsidering. They weren't going yesterday and so it was a relief when the game was rained off as it meant the decision was made for me. Although to be honest I've never been as close as chucking it as I was this pre season.

I don't think this malaise is endemic to Hibs though and I reckon we'll probably see the lowest attendance record in SPL history being broken once again this season.

matty_f
17-07-2011, 11:22 PM

Albion Hibs
17-07-2011, 11:55 PM
I can't wait for the start of the season. The off season this year has been as it always is - boring. Role on the Celtic game. I have to say I am surprised at the amount of negativity in some of the above posts, I know this board is a venting point for frustrations, but regardless if that wevare hibs supporters and I would hope we turn out on mass for the Celtic game.

Hibstrooper
18-07-2011, 12:09 AM
Canna wait, it's just football but by heck it's fun following and it's what brings me back here day after day :flag:

Hibbyradge
18-07-2011, 05:55 AM
Glad you're laughing :crazy:

Are you?

That may be the first time that my sense of humour has made someone happy.

I quote you "The lack of ability and lack of decent football in the SPL, are another two."

Is that not narrow minded?:aok:

Eh? What's narrow minded about that statement?

I don't know anyone who watches Scottish football that doesn't see a lack of ability and a lack of quality in the football.

Are you suggesting that it would be broad-minded to argue that Scottish football is full of great technique, creativity and skill?

I'd suggest it would be mental.

A 41 year old defender just re-signed a contract to play for the best team in Scotland. That's the standard of player that'll be on show in the SPL.

Expecting Rain
18-07-2011, 09:02 AM
The SPL sank to an all time low last season in terms of the behaviour of many, the form or lack of it from Hibs didn`t help, the constant alterations to fixtures to suit tv isn`t helping. Most importantly Hibs [ not deliberately] have managed to weaken their existing squad and the obvious financial restraints will impact on our efforts, if you are over a certain age you cannot be conned by cliches and i expect another season of struggle and transition.
If there is a little room for optimisim it will focus on Gary O`Connor, Scott Booth, Paul Hanlon and the re-emergence of Wetherspoon, another youngster or two might also make the breakthrough, Ivan of course will add a mixture of excitement and frustration and should we sign Sheridan he should contribute with his fair share of goals and assists. I`m looking for significant performances from those who were signed in January, the settling in period is over. There is still however the issue of management and hopefully this will be sorted out in the next couple of days, one way or the other, Birmingham should put up or shut up and the same goes for Nottingham Forrest.
I hope my short analysis especially the first paragraph is inaccurate and that the present players prove me and by the looks of it many other doubters wrong.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-07-2011, 09:08 AM
Thanks for answering my question. No need to lie but if you feel the need to, please keep it for the PM board.My point is too many people on here forget what happens every single year. Been watching Hibs over 30 years and apart from a handful of seasons we've achieved nowt.Here's hoping we have a better season than you are anticipating.In answer to the op question, yes, I'm looking forward to the new season. But with your attitude, why don't you head west on a Saturday? :flag::flag::cgwa You are making a bit of a twat of yourself on this thread.

hibsbollah
18-07-2011, 09:10 AM
Im reading how many hibs fans have become disillusioned with hibs and scottish football in general. Personally, I walked away from it all for a few years in the mid 80s. constant trouble, manky dilapidated grounds and the poor product were the main reasons (plus id just started to get served in pubs and meet the opposite sex). Our team was crap, and haf been for years. And sectarianism and racism was FAR more obvious then, despite Mr Harts best efforts.I miss the standing and the mayhem, but the Hibs experience now is far more pleasant, especially if you want to take kids along. I can also see reasons to be optimistic in the team, although we definitely need more depth.

R'Albin
18-07-2011, 09:10 AM
You are making a bit of a twat of yourself on this thread.

essexhibee
18-07-2011, 09:40 AM
Not all that excited in the fact that we still have not sorted the striker problem. Sheridan now not coming and the lack of a real goal threat is likely to be a massive issue. Think we are going to struggle imo :rolleyes: however on the plus side Stacky being back will help and Thornhill looks sharp.

SquashedFrogg
18-07-2011, 09:54 AM
You are making a bit of a twat of yourself on this thread.

Please explain in greater detail?

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-07-2011, 10:06 AM
Read the OP, its not an uber fan thread. People have been honest with their views, but, since they differ from yours you've told them to head through to the west.

Hibrandenburg
18-07-2011, 11:16 AM
Always get excited before any Hibs game never mind the beginning of a new season. Come wind, rain or sunshine, cup final, league game or friendly, if we're playing good, bad or indifferent I always get a buzz when the Hibs 11 run onto the field. It's one of the few emotional reactions that have stayed with me since childhood and I don't think that will ever change.

:flag:

SquashedFrogg
18-07-2011, 11:29 AM
Read the OP, its not an uber fan thread. People have been honest with their views, but, since they differ from yours you've told them to head through to the west.

I merely gave an alternative option for a Saturday afternoon if people are fed up watching us.

I'm not opposed to people airing their thoughts of our club, just a little hacked off at the constant negativity displayed by some on here. I may be in the minority but regardless of pre-season signings (or lack of them) and our current managerial situation, I always approach a new season with excitement.

If people are expecting million pound transfers and champions league football they're not going to get it.

beebhfc
18-07-2011, 11:42 AM
What do we expect from the season ahead. Avoiding relegation at best with this squad of gutless players.Then again pay these guys first division wages and they give you first division football

blackpoolhibs
18-07-2011, 11:44 AM
:faf: SUPERB. :top marks

greenlex
18-07-2011, 11:46 AM
What do we expect from the season ahead. Avoiding relegation at best with this squad of gutless players.Then again pay these guys first division wages and they give you first division football
The mask is slowly slipping. I give you till this time tomorrow. :top marks

NOLA
18-07-2011, 12:47 PM
cant say im overly excited, expectations are low so nothing to get the blood pumping im afraid, scottish football in general is poor and has been for many years now,

HibbyAndy
18-07-2011, 12:58 PM
Looking forward to seeing GOC and Sproule back where they belong, Not overly optimistic about the season ahead tho, We are still short in numbers and are bottom 6 material IMO.Ill be there tho roaring on ma bonnie boys!

KeithTheHibby
18-07-2011, 02:27 PM

Nail hammer wallop Mikey.

Too many fans expect things to happen overnight which is far removed from the real world.

The EPL is good to watch but give me a Hibs game over it any day of the week.

GGTTH.

Jamesie
18-07-2011, 02:41 PM
Just out of interest - and the answer may not be apparent til we've seen what our Cat B walk up prices will be this year - but how many games need you miss (as an adult ST holder) before you start to incur a loss through having a season ticket? I'm thinking it's usually two games but perhaps someone can confirm.

Saorsa
18-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Just out of interest - and the answer may not be apparent til we've seen what our Cat B walk up prices will be this year - but how many games need you miss (as an adult ST holder) before you start to incur a loss through having a season ticket? I'm thinking it's usually two games but perhaps someone can confirm.I'm sure I read on the official site that CAT B prices are the same as last season with CAT A going up a quid tae £28

Hibbyradge
18-07-2011, 05:25 PM
Just out of interest - and the answer may not be apparent til we've seen what our Cat B walk up prices will be this year - but how many games need you miss (as an adult ST holder) before you start to incur a loss through having a season ticket? I'm thinking it's usually two games but perhaps someone can confirm.

I've always lost out with my season tickets, either because of work or holidays.

I'm not getting one this year, but I know I'd miss at least 4 if I did.

Add to that all the televised games I can see for free, there were 5 homes games last season, and my decision not to renew makes financial sense, although that's never been my focus in the past.

4 out our first 8 games, home and away, are live this season. Going to games is only an option nowadays.

marinello59
18-07-2011, 05:30 PM
I've always lost out with my season tickets, either because of work or holidays.

I'm not getting one this year, but I know I'd miss at least 4 if I did.

Add to that all the televised games I can see for free, there were 5 homes games last season, and my decision not to renew makes financial sense, although that's never been my focus in the past.

$ out our first 8 games, home and away, are live this season. Going to games is only an option nowadays.

Would you say it is Hibs situation or the state of Scottish Football in general which has caused you to cancel your season ticket?

Hibbyradge
18-07-2011, 06:14 PM
Would you say it is Hibs situation or the state of Scottish Football in general which has caused you to cancel your season ticket?

It's not just one reason. If it was, I'd be able to deal with it as I have for the last 40 odd years!

As far as Hibs are concerned, the fare on offer since Mowbray left, has steadily deteriorated. I can't remember the last decent footballing performance. 1 - 1 with Dundee United 18 months ago, maybe.

And I can't remember the last decent performance from an opponent apart from Maribor. The football in Scotland is woeful.

All the stuff around football has scunnered me too. The crap league format, the bigotry, the Lennon stuff, the excuses, the kick off times, the cost of a pie, the berating of players, the absence of any loyalty, John, it's all just *****e. I honestly can't think of a single reason to go anymore.

Apart from blind loyalty cos there isn't any enjoyment in it for me.

At the moment, I want something better to do with my time and money.

I'll probably drag myself along to a few games although when you consider all the big matches are televised, I'm not sure which those might be.

It's a bad state of affairs really. I've supported Hibs during some terrible times. I remember us losing 6 - 1 to Partick Thistle and I've seen them knocked out of cups by such luminaries as Stirling Albion, Montrose, Arbroath and East Fife amongst others. I followed them throughout the relegation years when we really were in despair, but those times nowhere match the despondency I feel just now.

Maybe if we have a decent run in the league and I read some reports of good football, I'll be enticed back. Probably maybe.

silverhibee
18-07-2011, 06:50 PM
It's not just one reason. If it was, I'd be able to deal with it as I have for the last 40 odd years!

As far as Hibs are concerned, the fare on offer since Mowbray left, has steadily deteriorated. I can't remember the last decent footballing performance. 1 - 1 with Dundee United 18 months ago, maybe.

And I can't remember the last decent performance from an opponent apart from Maribor. The football in Scotland is woeful.

All the stuff around football has scunnered me too. The crap league format, the bigotry, the Lennon stuff, the excuses, the kick off times, the cost of a pie, the berating of players, the absence of any loyalty, John, it's all just *****e. I honestly can't think of a single reason to go anymore.Apart from blind loyalty cos there isn't any enjoyment in it for me.

At the moment, I want something better to do with my time and money.

I'll probably drag myself along to a few games although when you consider all the big matches are televised, I'm not sure which those might be.

It's a bad state of affairs really. I've supported Hibs during some terrible times. I remember us losing 6 - 1 to Partick Thistle and I've seen them knocked out of cups by such luminaries as Stirling Albion, Montrose, Arbroath and East Fife amongst others. I followed them throughout the relegation years when we really were in despair, but those times nowhere match the despondency I feel just now.

Maybe if we have a decent run in the league and I read some reports of good football, I'll be enticed back. Probably maybe.

Deek not here anymore. :greengrin