PDA

View Full Version : Sean Welsh

TowerHibs
17-07-2011, 01:56 PM
Hearing there have been serious complications with his surgery....wishing him the best

Del Boy
17-07-2011, 01:58 PM
doesnt sound good atall! hope he's OK.

frazeHFC
17-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Martin Scott can gtf as far as i care. Hope Welsh gets the quickest recovery possible. All his injuries have been such a shame as he is a good player and could have finally been able to start his career in the first team.

Hibiza
17-07-2011, 02:03 PM
stick in sean.

ionahibby
17-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Martin Scott can gtf as far as i care. Hope Welsh gets the quickest recovery possible. All his injuries have been such a shame as he is a good player and could have finally been able to start his career in the first team.

:agree: he should have been sacked imo! Get well soon sean

Billy Whizz
17-07-2011, 02:14 PM
Hearing there have been serious complications with his surgery....wishing him the best

I was in for some surgery on Friday. I gather he was in on Wednesday/Thursday last week I believe. I wish him well!

frazeHFC
17-07-2011, 02:14 PM
:agree: he should have been sacked imo! Get well soon sean I nominate him for this seasons hibs.net player to get moaned at the most. :wink:

O'Brien[11]
17-07-2011, 02:37 PM
It was a training ground bust up get over it, not saying what happened was right..but I have first hand information that sean welsh was the one who tried to hit 'jimmy' as a reaction to a tackle. These things happen, wish him a speedy recovery.

frazeHFC
17-07-2011, 02:40 PM
;2859415"]It was a training ground bust up get over it, not saying what happened was right..but I have first hand information that sean welsh was the one who tried to hit 'jimmy' as a reaction to a tackle. These things happen, wish him a speedy recovery. I don't care. Scott has still ruined Welsh's chance of kickstarting his career now, and i dislike him for this.

Ed De Gramo
17-07-2011, 02:44 PM
I don't care. Scott has still ruined Welsh's chance of kickstarting his career now, and i dislike him for this.

so if the boot was on the other foot and Welsh's punch connected with Scott...you'd be backing him because he can kickstart his career?

Titch
17-07-2011, 02:48 PM
I don't care. Scott has still ruined Welsh's chance of kickstarting his career now, and i dislike him for this.

Don't know the full story but if as above he hit out first then got laid out tough **** Scott should be disciplined and then that's the end of it

frazeHFC
17-07-2011, 02:48 PM
so if the boot was on the other foot and Welsh's punch connected with Scott...you'd be backing him because he can kickstart his career? I would be glad he can start his career, but i would be just as concerned for Scott and would be just as critical of Welsh.

Dunbar Hibee
17-07-2011, 02:53 PM
Maybe if Welsh didn't constantly act the big man these things would not happen.:aok:

Wotherspiniesta
17-07-2011, 02:59 PM
What kind of serious complications?

R'Albin
17-07-2011, 04:15 PM
Do all the posters who are having a dig at Scott actually know the incident? I don't either but think people are jumping to conclusions.

Beefster
17-07-2011, 04:15 PM

You've heard of self-defence, yes?

If I go to hit someone with a baseball bat but they take it off me and give me a taste of my own medicine, tough titties for me - I asked for it.

I hope Welsh is okay but I don't think all the blame can be put on Scott, if the stories are right.

ballengeich
17-07-2011, 04:22 PM
I hope Sean recovers soon.

Regarding his immediate career, I've been told that before the injury negotiations were in progress for him to go back to Stirling for the first part of next season (source is people at the Binos) as Hibs felt he needed more playing experience before moving into the SPL.

just_joe
17-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Having met Sean Welsh a few times he comes across as the sort of guy who thinks hes "it" . If the above poster said about Welsh starting it first is true then to be honest I would have decked him too. Doesn't mean to say Jimmy wanted to break the boys jaw.

Kevvy1875
17-07-2011, 04:32 PM
From what I have heard Welsh was ripping the pish out of Scott with the football and Scott has halved him with a challenge. Welsh took exception and squared up and then got laid out. Have no idea if this is completely accurate...just what I heard.

These things happen all the time at football clubs I'd wager. Problem in this circumstance is someone got seriously hurt......we wouldn't have heard about it otherwise.

The club has dealt with it anyway and we all need to move on. If a problem between them persists then obviously one of their Hibs careers will be over very soon as you can't have that in the dressing room. We as fans should not lend any encouragement to any blame game. IMO it sounds like both are to blame anyway.

blackpoolhibs
17-07-2011, 04:35 PM
From what I have heard Welsh was ripping the pish out of Scott with the football and Scott has halved him with a challenge. Welsh took exception and squared up and then got laid out. Have no idea if this is completely accurate...just what I heard.

These things happen all the time at football clubs I'd wager. Problem in this circumstance is someone got seriously hurt......we wouldn't have heard about it otherwise.

The club has dealt with it anyway and we all need to move on. If a problem between them persists then obviously one of their Hibs careers will be over very soon as you can't have that in the dressing room. We as fans should not lend any encouragement to any blame game. IMO it sounds like both are to blame anyway.

Thats what i think too. They should just get on with it, and after Welsh comes back he perhaps will have learnt a very painful lesson.

Hibs90
17-07-2011, 05:32 PM
Maybe if Welsh didn't constantly act the big man these things would not happen.:aok:

:agree:

Do all the posters who are having a dig at Scott actually know the incident? I don't either but think people are jumping to conclusions.

:agree:

1950's hibbie
17-07-2011, 05:54 PM
Really just another example that professional athletes live under totally different rules than the rest of us. Where I worked two employees having a fist fight were automatic grounds for termination.

Spike Mandela
17-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Some people missing the point here. The OP said there had been 'serious complications with his surgery'. If true surely this could end in criminal charges.

Beefster
17-07-2011, 06:11 PM
Some people missing the point here. The OP said there had been 'serious complications with his surgery'. If true surely this could end in criminal charges.

Only if a complaint was made and, even then, if a case of reasonable self-defence couldn't be made surely?

HibeeSince85
17-07-2011, 06:18 PM
So instead of bothering about who started does anyone know what these serious complications are, he's still our player.

Ernie Cobra
17-07-2011, 07:47 PM
So instead of bothering about who started does anyone know what these serious complications are, he's still our player.

Apparently he's having his jaw wired shut so it doesn't happen again!:wink:

Mibbes Aye
17-07-2011, 07:51 PM

Would it not be a civil case, or would he try and get the surgeon struck off :confused:

Arch Stanton
17-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Really just another example that professional athletes live under totally different rules than the rest of us. Where I worked two employees having a fist fight were automatic grounds for termination.

I'm assuming you don't work at Madison Square Garden then.

basehibby
17-07-2011, 08:15 PM

Well if you don't mind me saying, that's rather a fuddish attitude to take. If Sean Welsh came up and tried to hit me I'd skelp him one as well and if he ended up hospitalised well that would be his tough sheight no?!?

Martin Scott while showing a lot of energy on the pitch, has struggled to find a Hibs player with most of his passes to date - if you want to take issue with him about that then fair enough. But holding a grudge against him for simply defending himself is out of order IMO.

pacorosssco
17-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Don't know the full story but if as above he hit out first then got laid out tough **** Scott should be disciplined and then that's the end of it

If at court. Self defense.

Dont know facts either and not on any side but that is how the law would see it at trial. Both should be displined IMO with the understanding Sean is already pay a cost.

Ive been in hospital next to someone with a broken jaw and it isnt pleasant to look at or listen too .

Iain G
18-07-2011, 03:14 AM
Apparently he's having his jaw wired shut so it doesn't happen again!:wink:

I heard he'd had his jaw wired shut too, and Colin Calderwood keeps walking up to him and teasing him with two bags of sweeties... :wink:

Andy74
18-07-2011, 09:55 AM

Criminal case following complications with surgery??

GreenPJ
18-07-2011, 11:12 AM
Civil case

Spike Mandela
18-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Criminal case following complications with surgery??

Aye, of course that's what I meant:bye:

No from the original 'assault'.

jst1875
18-07-2011, 03:13 PM
due to complications he's in danger of losing the sight in one eye ....

blackpoolhibs
18-07-2011, 03:28 PM

Thats terrible news.

MyJo
18-07-2011, 03:29 PM

Unfortunate if true, the boy seems to be jinxed with the amount of problems he has had

Bishop Hibee
18-07-2011, 03:39 PM

Bad news regardless of how blame should be apportioned re the original incident. Hope Welsh makes a fullrecovery.

I've never known a more downbeat start to a season.

Andy74
18-07-2011, 03:45 PM
Aye, of course that's what I meant:bye:

No from the original 'assault'.

Why would complications with the surgery have any impact on the orignal incident?

TowerHibs
18-07-2011, 05:37 PM

yeah what I know

I've heard it's slightly more worryin but don't want to post more details incase I've heard wrong and it spirals out of control

frazeHFC
18-07-2011, 05:54 PM
Shocking news if true.

R'Albin
18-07-2011, 06:10 PM
yeah what I know

I've heard it's slightly more worryin but don't want to post more details incase I've heard wrong and it spirals out of control

Whatever they are... good luck Sean, hope everything goes okay.

Spike Mandela
18-07-2011, 06:11 PM
Why would complications with the surgery have any impact on the orignal incident?

Forget the complications with surgery. Is it really such a leap to see the reason he was having surgery was due to an incident at work.? i'm only speculating but if someone hit you at work and your surgery never went well what would your options be?

basehibby
18-07-2011, 06:25 PM

My god that is bad - I really hope he comes through this alright - would be a dreadful thing to get used to for anybody never mind a sportsman.

Best of luck Sean :pray:

DarrenSQH
18-07-2011, 06:57 PM
Hope he is ok. Deserves some better luck in future.

Although I don't know why people feel the need to blame Martin Scott for complications during surgery.

Ernie Cobra
18-07-2011, 07:22 PM
two lads had a disagreement, they squared up, one came off worse than the other. Doesn't mean to say i dont feel sorry for Welsh, i do, butboys will be boys

archiebald
18-07-2011, 07:30 PM
Spot on (no so big now)

Stevie Reid
20-07-2011, 10:58 AM
EN reporting that the infection that threatened SW's eyesight is now gone and he's been discharged from hospital :aok:

frazeHFC
20-07-2011, 11:01 AM
EN reporting that the infection that threatened SW's eyesight is now gone and he's been discharged from hospital :aok: :flag: Some positive news at last. Hope he makes a full recovery.

R'Albin
20-07-2011, 11:07 AM
EN reporting that the infection that threatened SW's eyesight is now gone and he's been discharged from hospital :aok:

Great news:flag: Any idea when he might be back playing football?

Kojock
20-07-2011, 11:14 AM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-star-Sean-Welsh-wins.6804443.jp

The Harp
20-07-2011, 01:05 PM

Great news! Wish Sean a speedy recovery.
Hope the pair of them manage to put this incident behind them and give 100% for the Club.

Andy74
20-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Does the Evening News really consider every player at whatever level a 'star'?!

I don't think we have any stars never mind someone who's never played.

Speedway
20-07-2011, 03:32 PM
Bad news regardless of how blame should be apportioned re the original incident. Hope Welsh makes a fullrecovery.

I've never known a more downbeat start to a season.

I'd say Wallet Merger's attempt to end us was a fairly downbeat pre-season.