PDA

View Full Version : Birmingham after another one of our signing targets...

bigstu
17-07-2011, 06:23 AM
http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Monsoon-on-Leith-washes-out.6802872.jp
Says at the bottom of the article that Brum were going to be scouting Sheridan at our game on Saturday. First they sign Adam Rooney & now they are after Sheridan, surley not a coincidence?? :confused:

Dibben
17-07-2011, 06:27 AM
http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Monsoon-on-Leith-washes-out.6802872.jp
Says at the bottom of the article that Brum were going to be scouting Sheridan at our game on Saturday. First they sign Adam Rooney & now they are after Sheridan, surley not a coincidence?? :confused:

May explain why a deal hasn't been done yet!?

:rolleyes:

The Falcon
17-07-2011, 06:30 AM
And nobody else was after Rooney?

Sheridan's wages/contract issues were/are always going to be a problem for us. He's now been "on trial" at a few clubs wth us just being the latest.

matty_f
17-07-2011, 07:20 AM
And nobody else was after Rooney?

Sheridan's wages/contract issues were/are always going to be a problem for us. He's now been "on trial" at a few clubs wth us just being the latest.

The way I read the article, it looked like part of the agreement for us taking him on trial, that we would play him in the friendly so other clubs could see him.

CallumLaidlaw
17-07-2011, 07:26 AM
I can imagine the reaction on here if Rooney, Caldwell AND Sheridan signed for them.

To be honest, it would be slightly bizarre. The only club I can think of that have signed so many players we've been linked to is hearts

leither17
17-07-2011, 08:26 AM
Rooney scored the winner for them yesterday too

Iain G
17-07-2011, 08:29 AM
I can imagine the reaction on here if Rooney, Caldwell AND Sheridan signed for them.

To be honest, it would be slightly bizarre. The only club I can think of that have signed so many players we've been linked to is hearts

The only one of the three we have had any concrete actual real identifiable interest in is Sheridan.

stokesmessiah
17-07-2011, 08:39 AM
The only one of the three we have had any concrete actual real identifiable interest in is Sheridan.

I would say that seeing as Rooney was shown arouns EM in January that you could say we were interested??

forthhibby
17-07-2011, 08:52 AM
The way I read the article, it looked like part of the agreement for us taking him on trial, that we would play him in the friendly so other clubs could see him.

could maybe explain why the sprinklers were on yesterday morning to make sure the game was called off

Tyler Durden
17-07-2011, 09:46 AM
The strange thing about that article for me is that Calderwood talks about the call off impacting his preparations. But the game was moved to East Mains, so what was the difference in the end?

If I'm missing something obvious here please put me right?!

CropleyWasGod
17-07-2011, 09:49 AM
The strange thing about that article for me is that Calderwood talks about the call off impacting his preparations. But the game was moved to East Mains, so what was the difference in the end?

If I'm missing something obvious here please put me right?!

Think this is the bit you're missing. AFAIA, it wasn't. :wink:

Unless I am missing something.

Tyler Durden
17-07-2011, 09:55 AM
Think this is the bit you're missing. AFAIA, it wasn't. :wink:

Unless I am missing something.

Ok. So is the other thread just a hilarious wind up then? Sky Sports News also reported last night that the game was moved and Barnsley won 1-0.

bigstu
17-07-2011, 10:00 AM
does anyone know if the english scouts were allowed into the east mains game??

CropleyWasGod
17-07-2011, 10:23 AM
Ok. So is the other thread just a hilarious wind up then? Sky Sports News also reported last night that the game was moved and Barnsley won 1-0.

Having just read that thread.... I think it is a wind up. Trouble is, it has probably wound up me alone, in an ironic sort of way. :rolleyes:

Nurse.... my medication, please!

Sorry, back to you... you were saying?

lucky
17-07-2011, 11:20 AM
CS is on £14 k a week at CSKA according to the Scotland on Sunday, Hibs are offering £1400 per week. Doubt very much he is comming to ER.

down the slope
17-07-2011, 11:33 AM
If the players are on 1400 per week then the board are earning more per man than the players !

Iain G
17-07-2011, 12:05 PM
CS is on £14 k a week at CSKA according to the Scotland on Sunday, Hibs are offering £1400 per week. Doubt very much he is comming to ER.

How do SoS know what we are going to offer Sheridan? His agent would have a fair idea of what he and his player wanted prior to coming on trial and if the money was that far out I don't think either party would have bothered really! Loan deal is most likely option IMHO.

ArabHibee
17-07-2011, 12:12 PM
He's on 10k a week so it shows you what the SoS know.

Dunbar Hibee
17-07-2011, 12:13 PM

:agree: Still pretty embarrassing if we offering him £1400 a week IMO.

marinello59
17-07-2011, 12:18 PM
:agree: Still pretty embarrassing if we offering him £1400 a week IMO.

Do you believe they know how much he has been offered then?

Dunbar Hibee
17-07-2011, 12:22 PM
Do you believe they know how much he has been offered then?

Maybe, maybe not. But what I said was IF we are offering what they have reported it is pretty embarrassing.:aok:

Keith_M
17-07-2011, 12:28 PM
I've heard from a reliable source that that Chris Hughton WAS in the Main Stand at ER yesterday.

BCFC have been looking for a replacement for their ramshackle Main Stand for years and he was there to offer ours a trial, with a view to signing, after a recomendation from CC.

Can you imagine if the Main Stand DOES sign. This place will be in meltdown.

------------------------------

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Springbank
17-07-2011, 01:22 PM
I've heard from a reliable source that that Chris Hughton WAS in the Main Stand at ER yesterday.

BCFC have been looking for a replacement for their ramshackle Main Stand for years and he was there to offer ours a trial, with a view to signing, after a recomendation from CC.

Can you imagine if the Main Stand DOES sign. This place will be in meltdown.

I actually heard different.

I heard Brum are in the market for a cup-winning kit man.

I want CC to come out and say "Hands Aff Tam McCourt"

I doubt he'll do it

The Falcon
17-07-2011, 01:39 PM

Either way CSKA are pretty much in the financial mire and have been reported to FIFA for not making transfer payments. Maybe they shouldnt be paying as much as they are.

If they dont pay for CS does his registration revert back to Celtic?

SteveHFC
17-07-2011, 02:47 PM

If that is true. That is really embarrassing :agree:

KeithTheHibby
17-07-2011, 05:05 PM
What amazes me is how come CSKA can be 14k per week for anyone!!??

sesoim
18-07-2011, 10:54 PM

That figure is total rubbish. We can afford to pay at least three times that if the player is worth signing. CS will certainly have to take a drop in wages, but he might consider it worthwhile to kickstart his career.