PDA

View Full Version : Rangers this season

Cocaine&Caviar
16-07-2011, 07:41 PM
Anyone else getting slightly concerned with the progress being made at the now financially secure Rangers at Ibrox?

As much as I hate to say it, theyre beginning to look like they could really move another step above us after a spell of lesser quality.

Theyve re-contracted key players like Papac, McGregor, Whittaker, and others, and there is talk of Bougherra & Davis staying on.

And with the possible additions that have been highly rumoured of Wallace, Cuellar, & Goodwillie, they will be incredibly strong in all areas.

A team of:

McGregor

Whittaker_Cuellar_Bougherra_Wallace

Davis_McCulloch_Edu_Naismith

Jelavic_Goodwillie

It looks like possibl the strongest back 5 seen in the league for many a year, and theres gaurenteed goals in that partnership up front...

Allant1981
16-07-2011, 07:46 PM
Cant see wallace or goodwillie going to ibrox, they couldnt score in any of the games in germany. Sproule will rip papac down the wing

Tricla
16-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Anyone else getting slightly concerned with the progress being made at the now financially secure Rangers at Ibrox?

As much as I hate to say it, theyre beginning to look like they could really move another step above us after a spell of lesser quality.

Theyve re-contracted key players like Papac, McGregor, Whittaker, and others, and there is talk of Bougherra & Davis staying on.

And with the possible additions that have been highly rumoured of Wallace, Cuellar, & Goodwillie, they will be incredibly strong in all areas.

A team of:

McGregor

Jelavic_Goodwillie

It looks like possibl the strongest back 5 seen in the league for many a year, and theres gaurenteed goals in that partnership up front...

Nope.

They're supposed spell of lesser quality still saw them and the lesser greens miles ahead of the rest.

Why would their dealings matter to any Hibs fan?

Admittedly, that team does look very strong though.

Ed De Gramo
16-07-2011, 07:54 PM
can honestly say that i'm not.

in fact, it pains me to say this but Hearts to win next week isn't looking that bad a bet.

Saorsa
16-07-2011, 07:58 PM

A team of:

McGregor

Jelavic_Goodwillie

It looks like possibl the strongest back 5 seen in the league for many a year, and theres gaurenteed goals in that partnership up front...No because we wouldnae be anywhere near them regardless. I'm more concerned about the lack of depth and quality at Hibs than I am about anything the huns are doing.

R'Albin
16-07-2011, 08:01 PM

A team of:

McGregor

Jelavic_Goodwillie

I'm not concerned, but that is a very good back 5.

Bayern Bru
16-07-2011, 08:03 PM

in fact, it pains me to say this but Hearts to win next week isn't looking that bad a bet.

Hearts are guff as well though - plus their marquee signing is crocked so, you know...

0-0 draw, anyone?

stevie-bee
16-07-2011, 08:04 PM
Rangers are waiting for Goodwillie,s court apperance for his rape charge to see what happens before the sign him,
he want to go to the huns heard this from his mate.

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Cuellar strolled through games the last time he played for them. One of the best defenders ive seen in The SPL, sad to say he would be a great signing for them.

KeithTheHibby
16-07-2011, 08:20 PM

A team of:

McGregor

Jelavic_Goodwillie

Not really interested in the huns to be fair, more concerned with what's going on at ER.

That team above looks decent agreed but they have been knocked back for bids for all 3 players. In fact I doubt if they even came close to agreeing a fee.

Outwith that team I would imagine there is very little strength in depth. If lennon doesn't win the league this season up against a rookie manager I can see him being emptied.

Sir David Gray
16-07-2011, 08:22 PM
I don't see why we should concern ourselves with what Rangers and Celtic are doing in the transfer market. We haven't finished above either of them for 16 years and they have regularly finished about 30 points ahead of us in recent years.

Unless something drastic happens with the finances of Hibs, Rangers and Celtic will always be able to afford far better players than us and that will tell in the league standings nine times out of ten.

Ritchie
16-07-2011, 08:23 PM

Behave yourself, the only team that had a worse pre season than the Huns is the mini huns!

I can see the yams getting a tanking

Cocaine&Caviar
16-07-2011, 08:27 PM
Why would their dealings matter to any Hibs fan?

No because we wouldnae be anywhere near them regardless.

I completely disagree with the above, last season, and in recent years the OF have been the worst they have in the decade IMO, and it would only take a team like oourselves, hearts or united to get organised, with a bit of ability, to really push them, as shown for a long time with hearts last season.

It matters to Hibs because if theyre getting stronger, we've got a harder job in splitting them or winning a cup, which although short term isnt a reality, has to be the goal in the medium term.

Outwith that team I would imagine there is very little strength in depth. If lennon doesn't win the league this season up against a rookie manager I can see him being emptied.

Lennon is essentially a rookie manager himself, Id say he was under far more pressure last season, in which he failed as they have far more resources at their disposal than Rangers, but still couldnt manage...

Saorsa
16-07-2011, 08:44 PM
I completely disagree with the above, last season, and in recent years the OF have been the worst they have in the decade IMO, and it would only take a team like oourselves, hearts or united to get organised, with a bit of ability, to really push them, as shown for a long time with hearts last season.

It matters to Hibs because if theyre getting stronger, we've got a harder job in splitting them or winning a cup, which although short term isnt a reality, has to be the goal in the medium term.

They still finished 30+ points in front last season, however bad they were still naebody has gotten anywhere near them in the end (except once when a team spending millions they dinae have split them)

Keep dreaming though.

Iggy Pope
16-07-2011, 08:45 PM
Will be the same as Rangers last season and every other season before that if that SSN interview with Super A-hole outside the Linfield ground is anything to go by. Drowned out by the festivities. What a jolly old time they've had amongst themselves today.

Sir David Gray
16-07-2011, 08:48 PM

Hearts had a very strong season last year up until about February/March time and yet they still finished 29 points behind Celtic and 30 points behind Rangers.

The year before, we had a brilliant season up until January and we ended up behind Dundee Utd, 27 points behind Celtic and 33 points behind Rangers.

Only once in recent years has a team managed to keep pace with the Old Firm over the entire season and for that to happen, Hearts were paying big bucks to the likes of Craig Gordon, Takis Fyssas, Roman Bednar and Rudi Skacel and the likes of Stephen Pressley, Andy Webster and Paul Hartley were all solid performers for them.

I would love for Hibs to be challenging the Old Firm for the top honours in Scottish football every year but until they lose about 30,000 supporters or we get a billionaire benefactor to pump some money into us to bankroll us to success then I don't think we should worry too much about who Rangers and Celtic are buying.

IWasThere2016
16-07-2011, 08:56 PM
Sunderland rumoured to be after Jelavic.

Ed De Gramo
16-07-2011, 08:57 PM
Behave yourself, the only team that had a worse pre season than the Huns is the mini huns!

I can see the yams getting a tanking

We'll review this post next saturday at this time :greengrin:aok:

frazeHFC
16-07-2011, 09:14 PM
Who cares about the stinky huns? Lets just get right into them and send them back to their slums with no points. :thumbsup:

Steve20
16-07-2011, 09:25 PM
Unfortunately, Hearts will get a reasult against them next week. Also, Celtic will cruise the league. Nothing to worry about the Huns. They will be crap.

offshorehibby
16-07-2011, 09:31 PM
Why the f--- are anybody on here slightly or remotely concerned what any weegie outfit are up to.

The future's bright, the future's Green & White

frazeHFC
16-07-2011, 10:01 PM
The future's bright, the future's Green & White......hoops

:duck:

Hibernian Verse
16-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Who cares about the stinky huns? Lets just get right into them and send them back to their slums with no points. :thumbsup:

I kind of share the sentiment, but there's no denying that they've improved. As have Hearts for that matter, which makes me wonder where we're going this season because I do feel like we're going to fall further behind the 'top 3' which I believe is what they COULD be this season - a real top 3 who are fighting against each other rather than the traditional top 2.

Although in saying that I've been impressed with our own signings despite being against the re-signing of Sproule initially. Who knows!

SmokieJoe
16-07-2011, 11:00 PM

A team of:

McGregor

Jelavic_Goodwillie

Errr... not me, i still compare the style of old walt, to be fair it might be in my eyes only and yes he shat on the national team when we least needed it, but the man still has a decent manner about him, v's the lightly sprung trap of McSwally, no wonder that sooooo many arf c targets have not signed for them, and might i add fair play to Whitaker, Fek them for a few bob, or fek off for a few bob? Deeks and Goc( to name but a few) did the same elsewhere. Whitaker, as i said to some hun twat in bluebells bar(the owner) in costa teguise in Lanzarote in feb this year, is one of their best players, and certainly their most versatile. if the likes of him and davis etc keep up their wage demands, and McSwally's lack of man management skills( with or without sectarian undertones). and his 'ahem' 4 year? apprenticeshipe under old uncle walt, has proved he will not, in my opinion retain the SPL title.

FromTheCapital
16-07-2011, 11:07 PM
We normally win 3-0 but now I reckon 3-1...

KWJ
17-07-2011, 12:15 AM
They haven't got these players and as we've seen they've been missing out on players to teams that they would've pissed over 10-15 years ago.

I doubt they'll get Cuellar or Wallace, Goodwillie might be a better fit but they won't pay the 2M.

Celtic are a lot stronger IMO.

SmokieJoe
17-07-2011, 12:20 AM
They haven't got these players and as we've seen they've been missing out on players to teams that they would've pissed over 10-15 years ago.

I doubt they'll get Cuellar or Wallace, Goodwillie might be a better fit but they won't pay the 2M.

Celtic are a lot stronger IMO.

The latest is the have agreed tearms with Villa for the mobile 'phone chappy, Mcliesh has to earn his long service badge somehow?
Agree with you there.

MWHIBBIES
17-07-2011, 12:23 AM
They got a bid accepted for Cueller today.

KWJ
17-07-2011, 01:20 AM
I'd be surprised if they match the wage he's on at Villa or if Cuellar would want to come back up. He used Rangers as a stepping stone to EPL so why would he want to step back. Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up going somewhere like Swansea, QPR or another English loan.

I agree if they get him it'd be a good signing but surely they are pretty desperate in there as Weir has to be on his last legs despite putting in another decent season.

Mark79
17-07-2011, 07:33 AM
I'm nit too concerned. The resigning of Whittaker, mcgregor and Davis is to protect their assets. Means they will get more for them when they sell them in the next year or so. For all the cash they are now supposed to have at their disposal they have missed out on numerous targets and have signed a 31yr old spanish nobody for £500k.

I for one don't think the money issues at the Huns is over.just think they have removed the ltsb restrictions.

Saying that they have a stronger team than us but so do Bonnyrigg rose!

Cocaine&Caviar
17-07-2011, 07:50 AM
I'd be surprised if they match the wage he's on at Villa or if Cuellar would want to come up.

you really think in the modern game a team would bid for a player without first knowing if they're interested?

Ritchie
17-07-2011, 08:51 AM
We'll review this post next saturday at this time :greengrin:aok: Deal

Since90+2
17-07-2011, 09:19 AM
I think Celtic will win the league.

Don Giovanni
17-07-2011, 10:24 AM
I'm more worried about St. Midden tae be honest. As one of only two teams that finished behind us last season they have made some cracking signings and look like having a much stronger squad for the coming season.

HibbyAndy
17-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Slightly concerned what the Huns are dane ? :hilarious...Eh naw :rolleyes:

KWJ
17-07-2011, 05:52 PM
you really think in the modern game a team would bid for a player without first knowing if they're interested?

What like Sproule and Dnipro or Rangers and that Israeli boy or Hibs & Naismith or Cole & Stoke?

It happens, I reckon Rangers will have to pay CC more than Villa for him to go back to them as I don't see why else he'd come up here. Do you reckon they will, they've clearly shown they're already being tight in the market since Whyte came in.

Franck Stanton
17-07-2011, 05:56 PM
I don't see why we should concern ourselves with what Rangers and Celtic are doing in the transfer market. We haven't finished above either of them for 16 years and they have regularly finished about 30 points ahead of us in recent years.

Unless something drastic happens with the finances of Hibs, Rangers and Celtic will always be able to afford far better players than us and that will tell in the league standings nine times out of ten.

Well said, we realisticlly have no chance of finnishing above either of the ugly sisters. Anyway, what/who ANY team other than Hibs sign doesn't reall concern me.

YehButNoBut
17-07-2011, 06:03 PM

A team of:

McGregor

Jelavic_Goodwillie

(Another step above us) Has this not always been the case but it has not stopped us giving them a few good gubbings both in the league & the cup over the years.

IMO they will miss Walter Smith big time, Aly will be a disaster and they will continue with their sectarian singing.

Since when did they become financially secure. :dunno: GIRUY hun bassas :cgwa

Mon the Hibees :flag:

truehibernian
17-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Did Jim Spence not say yesterday that David Goodwillie had agreed terms with a club down south and a fee had been agreed :confused: I was assuming he would be a Cardiff player in the next wee while. Unless I have missed Rangers increasing their bid ? Their new owner seems to be encouraging financial prudence and not paying over the odds..........now where have we heard of that before :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
17-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Sadly, it's a long since I started thinking about Rangers and Celtic. For years now it's been dross like Hearts, Kilmarnock, Dundee United and Motherwell, smaller outfits we should be streets ahead of, that have occupied us.

Like it or not, we are playing those clubs for the right to get ****ed by some Norwegian postmen from inside the Arctic Circle.

Carheenlea
17-07-2011, 07:47 PM
We normally win 3-0 but now I reckon 3-1...

Yes, these halcyon days of too numerous-to-mention-them-all 3-0 victories at Ibrox could be gone forever.

Sadly we have to accept that we will likely have to settle for less emphatic wins through there this season :agree:

Hibs On Tour
18-07-2011, 07:42 AM
Personally reckon that they're looking somewhat threadbare in terms of strength in depth. Good first 11 I'll grant you but past that they're no better than pretty much any team in the SPL IMHO. Sensible move from AM in going for Cuellar and Miller [if they happen] in that its players they know can [and did] perform for them in the SPL and already know the club so no surprises or long settling in time. AM trying to counter his obvious inexperience.

Time will tell whether their new owner actually has the money to back up his statements - thus far I've seen more of him waving away AM's first choice targets and poo-poo'ing the price tags for them.

No matter though, will be between the ugly sisters again this season.

We're still likely to be 'in transition', United will I feel fall away from last season, neither Aberdeen nor Well are any great shakes. Hate to say it but I do think that Jumbo has strengthened them well, albeit a couple of their better players are away too. Certainly feel they're the strongest of those teams outwith the OF at this point in time, although would naturally love to be proved entirely wrong on that front! :wink:

To be honest, until they get their fingers out of their ***** and do away with this mind-numbing play-each-other-four-times *****, I'll find it hard to get over-excited...

allezsauzee
18-07-2011, 12:43 PM
My biggest concern about Rangers is that McCoist is so big a disaster that the Yams sneak into 2nd place. Unless we sign some strikers we'll be more interested in what Dunfermline Kilmarnock and Aberdeen will be doing. I think St Mirren could be the most improved team next season. Some decent signings and I rate Danny Lennon as a manager. If/When CC goes , I'd be quite happy to see us go for him.